Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Snapchat being down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Someone giving you a missed call then not texting to say what it was about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Neighbours :(

(Not all , just one next door)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Are we still in an allowable Timeline to complain about the Weather?! FCUK. HUMIDITY. I can't breathe. I don't know whether to puke or cry or sleep or what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Someone giving you a missed call then not texting to say what it was about

Or when you ring back straight away & it rings out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nose pickers who don't even bother to be subtle.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not something that annoys me as such, but something that I always wonder about.

People with dogs, and having to pick their sh1t up with you and carry it around until you get home.

How badly do you need a dog that you would perform this humiliating procedure each and every day?

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs, but there's no way I'm picking up its sh1t and walking around with it in a bag in my hand.

I passed a guy the other day, his huge alsation was squatting and dropping an absolute monster of a turd. I watched in awe as he prepped the black bag to lift the massive load off the grass, and I thought "fair fcuks to you pal, you are one sad git".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

NIMAN wrote: »

People with dogs, and having to pick their sh1t up with you and carry it around until you get home.

How badly do you need a dog that you would perform this humiliating procedure each and every day?

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs, but there's no way I'm picking up its sh1t and walking around with it in a bag in my hand.

I passed a guy the other day, his huge alsation was squatting and dropping an absolute monster of a turd. I watched in awe as he prepped the black bag to lift the massive load off the grass, and I thought "fair fcuks to you pal, you are one sad git".

Who says they have to carry it around until they get home? Most public places have bins, tie the bag in a knot and throw it in there. Saves you getting a fine. Actually what I do sometimes is once it's in a bag, I'll dispose of the s**t in a shore if I find one along the route and put the dirty bag in the bin, saves the refuse man having to deal with dog turds.

There's not bins automatically where your dog drops its load, it might be a long distance from you.

The alsation I saw today was doing it on a grass verge in a social housing estate, a huge one....I'm not sure if there was a bin anywhere nearby.

Its the general concept I just don't get. Are dogs the only animals we humans have to pick sh1t up for?

• Advertisement

There's not bins automatically where your dog drops its load, it might be a long distance from you.

The alsation I saw today was doing it on a grass verge in a social housing estate, a huge one....I'm not sure if there was a bin anywhere nearby.

Its the general concept I just don't get. Are dogs the only animals we humans have to pick sh1t up for?

Well there will be a bin somewhere if you're in a park or walkway or somewhere and you don't have to bring it all the way home, if you're in a housing estate though I wouldn't like if there was dog **** everywhere, like where kids would play and stuff. It was very socially acceptable years ago for some reason in Ireland, it wasn't as frowned upon as it is now.

When I grew up in Ireland in the 90s, there was the odd white chalky coloured dogs**t on a footpath where we kicked around a football, I think it became a big thing to clean up after your dog when all these massive housing estates started popping up, and if you have hundreds of houses, you're going to have a few dozen dogs, and if walk them daily, they're going to want to defecate where they please. And if nobody picks it up, then somebody will end up walking in it and dragging it home, not hygienic and it's a nuisance walking in dogs**t.

I got many a shouting at as a kid for stepping on the landmine that is a dogs**t with my new runners on.

As for your question "are dogs the only animal we pick up **** for?"

What other animals do you see out and about with it's owner that takes a dump wherever? Can't say I see too many. Well one exception.....travellers actually with them sulky things. I have travellers living in my neighbourhood, and their horse s**t all over the footpath and road a few times where they had him chained up. Nobody says anything about them picking it up. Even if horse crap is probably a cleaner type of crap since their diet is better than a dog's, still a pile of horse **** is still pretty big and nobody wants mounds of crap on their doorstep or where kids play.

Yip, I have a couple of horse riding schools within a few miles of where I live, often pass them on the roads, dropping crap everywhere.

Yip, I have a couple of horse riding schools within a few miles of where I live, often pass them on the roads, dropping crap everywhere.

By right they should have a member of staff out on the road with a shovel and a bag and pick up the s**t, horse crap can have a purpose for somewhere like that, fertilizer. Think it's just not as frowned upon because horse s**t doesn't carry as much bacteria as dog s**t, so horse owners get away with it even if horses produce larger clumps of it. Those travellers in my area should have cleaned it up, but I've said it here before, they don't claim responsibility for anything and a beaten up looking horse has no place in a housing estate, should be on a bit of land, which they don't have.

As for cats, at least they bury theirs! Haha

NIMAN,

This came into my head for some reason, I know it's about domestic dog s**t towards the end, but still funny as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    By right they should have a member of staff out on the road with a shovel and a bag and pick up the s**t, horse crap can have a purpose for somewhere like that, fertilizer. Think it's just not as frowned upon because horse s**t doesn't carry as much bacteria as dog s**t, so horse owners get away with it even if horses produce larger clumps of it. Those travellers in my area should have cleaned it up, but I've said it here before, they don't claim responsibility for anything and a beaten up looking horse has no place in a housing estate, should be on a bit of land, which they don't have.

As for cats, at least they bury theirs! Haha

Cats do not bury theirs...I have concrete in my back ... nothing buried by the little bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Lack of sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I had a 13 stone great dane, if you think that huge alsation did a big shit:pac:

My dogs give me back far more than they take. A few weeks ago, one of my dogs threw up the sardines he had for dinner all over my bed at 3am. Still love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

erica74 wrote: »
    I had a 13 stone great dane, if you think that huge alsation did a big shit:pac:

My dogs give me back far more than they take. A few weeks ago, one of my dogs threw up the sardines he had for dinner all over my bed at 3am. Still love him.

Were they ok for breakfast or did you have to heat them up again?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Having to give taxi drivers all the directions. I’m paying enough for the service. Acquire some working knowledge of Dublin please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Waking up with a headache has been the highlight of my day so far.

Is it bedtime yet? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up with a headache has been the highlight of my day so far.

Is it bedtime yet? :(

• Advertisement

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Having to give taxi drivers all the directions. I’m paying enough for the service. Acquire some working knowledge of Dublin please.

YES!

This reminded me that I once ordered a taxi through an app. The app allowed me to pin point my exact location and I still received 3 phone calls from the taxi driver. I could see his exact location on the map, which moved as he was driving and I could see his little car icon getting closer to my little house icon but still, 3 phone calls.

That moment in life when you become aware that you're worth more dead than alive. Dual Life insurance premium letter in post telling me the date it's coming out for the year. I genuinely forgot about that one. Just paid the annual Mortgage Protection Policy, also have salary protection with a death benefit and some other 'death' benefit attached to private health insurance, and then there's some other pension thing that herself would get weekly or monthly or something for the rest of her life. Jesus. Spoke with a relative in the past year who just turned 70 and the life insurance policy he had paid into for 30 years ended upon his 70th birthday. Handy money for insurance companies. Don't get me started on health insurance, house insurance, car insurance.... I don't know what conclusions to draw about our modern world from all these various insurance policies but it's all a bit mad. The insurance companies must love those "He was only young when he died tragically and left a family behind" stories in all their variants.

Oh, yeah, and just got the leaflet below thrown into the letter box yesterday (2nd time in a month)!

2a81fk9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There’s life insurance I was reading about that had to be claimed within 24 hours. Of course most family wouldn’t know to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

A headache that panadol won’t take care of. I went to sleep early in order to sleep it off, woke up feeling great but can feel it creeping back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Got the worst headache at night, woke me up and made me sick. Gone now but that was bad.

Also the Tesco I go to turned into a halting site with the population of it causing havoc in the carpark, nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Now that Sean Spicer's book is out the name Reince Priebus is coming back to haunt me. I would like just once to read his name and not say Prince Reibus in my head. Just once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This is a developing story, kind-of. At the moment I don't have quick & convenient access to a fridge, so I'm doing lots of cooking on my own with ingredients that don't need refrigeration, starting with the obvious: dry foods such as pasta, rice, canned foods, fresh veg, and so on. But I'm looking at other foods, and this is where the TA starts. It seems like everything has the same "refrigerate after opening" labels - even foods that are designed to require no refrigeration.

Smoked fish, for example: smoking is how you make fish last longer. I kept some in a closed container for two days, and it was perfectly fine and safe to eat (which I did). Smoked sausage, packed in a protective atmosphere but with a label saying "keep refrigerated": I've kept some in the sealed packaging for two weeks without refrigeration, no problem. Traditional hams like Prosciutto are made in conditions that are cool & damp but without refrigeration.
    I'm going to try some experiments with Chorizo and hard cheeses next, maybe yoghurt too.

I mean, refrigeration is great, but we have developed all these ways of preserving food that don't require refrigeration - so to me this looks like companies being overly-cautious. How did people even survive without fridges before they were invented?

PS: I'm also curious about mayonnaise - since I've seen friends leaving closed containers out for days with no apparent problems. It turns out that commercially-produced mayonnaise can usually survive such treatment safely: see this article for more details. The same goes for any acidic sauces - which is why your local chipper can leave the tomato and brown sauces out safely.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

My boys were arguing and the younger one beheaded a LEGO dinosaur that belongs to his brother.
    I told him that he has to reunite the Dino with it’s head, so he has been trying to find it for over an hour now.
    It’s like a LEGO needle in a haystack.

My TA’s are children and LEGO, not sure which is more annoying though :D

Headaches all around today it seems? Might be the humidity affecting some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Noise.

• Advertisement

Mtv classic....massive attack
    Unfinished Sympathy.....best... tune... ever!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Being confined to the apartment today due to a potential public safety threat. At least the police here act before something happens, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mtv classic....massive attack
    Unfinished Sympathy.....best... tune... ever!!!

And that annoys you how? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The fact that in this day and age I am still explaining to grown adults about statutory annual leave entitlements.

I don't know am I more annoyed at the fact that there are employers out there not explaining this stuff to employees when they start or that friends of mine don't bother finding this stuff out themselves!

kfallon wrote: »
    And that annoys you how? :confused:

That I posted in the wrong frigging thread!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That's TA'd me now too :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

People in Toronto are already worried about whatever threat we have going on right now, and some idiot on twitter is spreading false information about the city being bombed(it isn't, it's fine). Could we maybe not feed the fear? Dear lord.

My boys were arguing and the younger one beheaded a LEGO dinosaur that belongs to his brother.
    I told him that he has to reunite the Dino with it’s head, so he has been trying to find it for over an hour now.
    It’s like a LEGO needle in a haystack.

My TA’s are children and LEGO, not sure which is more annoying though :D

Children.

My TA is that we have a super king size bed and 3 dogs, 3 of which are small, and yet somehow, I'm squished in the corner, practically sitting on my pillow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So will probably see ya at Electric Picnic. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

erica74 wrote: »
    YES!

This reminded me that I once ordered a taxi through an app. The app allowed me to pin point my exact location and I still received 3 phone calls from the taxi driver. I could see his exact location on the map, which moved as he was driving and I could see his little car icon getting closer to my little house icon but still, 3 phone calls.

I know, right? He could ring you once he arrived but he probably wouldn’t have even needed to!

I was on the way in for a hospital appointment that I was very nervous about and was wearing a sleep-deprived, nauseated grimace. And he kept interrupting me with “Which way now?” and “This way?”. I eventually just said “Will you put it in the sat nav, please?”. Honestly, sense the tone, mister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

People complain about "Love Island" and dumbing down of society, but I've just seen "Good Morning Britain" for the first time. It's horrific, imagine having to look at and listen to Piers Morgan every morning. Added to this, the faux arguments between the two hosts is as scripted as anything you'd see on Love ISland itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I cannot sit having my lunch anymore without listening to inane drivel about love island. Get a life of your own people! And is it impossible to talk quietly?
    Have been eating lunch at my desk for 2 weeks to get away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

At least he cleaned it. If he hadn't, you'd be in here giving out about people not cleaning up after their dogs.

TA people who just don't get how much having a dog can enrich your life. We make much bigger sacrifices than this from training the tiny puppy or rehabilitating the sad, abused rescue and teaching them that they are worthy of love and a secure family- to accompanying them on their final trip to the vet even though every part of us wants to stay outside and not face reality. But all of the stuff between is so wonderful. I mean, there is nobody else in my life who does a happy dance when I come into the room having been gone for 30 seconds - even my Mam! :P Who doesn't want that kind of obscene self-validation in their lives ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

What about the twats who clean up after their dog and then either throw the bag of sh1t in a ditch or hang it out of a bush. I see it a lot on parts of the Greenway. They probably congratulate themselves for cleaning it up too. Is it that hard to carry it with you to a bin. I know the lack of nearby bins would probably be the argument but I would put it in an extra bag take it back to the car if I had to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I cut myself while shaving under my arms and it genuinely feels like I'm recovering from some sort of invasive surgery.
    Such pain for such a tiny cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

While I was in other HQ, 'someone' moved out of their much-coveted window desk and Im(the most sun phobic) allocated it. Not a single 'sun lover' will swop, even tho they used to fight over it before the 'new' person arrived.

Too Many TA's to put on here, but a general ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! might cover it.

Waiting on a call with vital info, that 'might' arrive today. No point in me calling them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bus was late, what should have taken 30mins to get into town has taken almost an hr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

A friend insisted on buying me lunch, so out of politeness I had to go for the meal of the day, instead of the more expensive option I'd been planning on getting if I were buying it myself

Talk about ingratitude. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

There’s life insurance I was reading about that had to be claimed within 24 hours. Of course most family wouldn’t know to do that.
    I'd like to see how that works out in practice. A death certificate wouldn't even gave been issued never mind the immediate effect of dealing with the death of someone close.

Insurance companies wouldn't be setting almost impossible to meet conditions to try avoid paying out on policies would they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I cut myself while shaving under my arms and it genuinely feels like I'm recovering from some sort of invasive surgery.
    Such pain for such a tiny cut.

Stop buying cheap razors :p

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement