Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stop buying cheap razors :p

Cheeky :eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Just had lunch and a heart to heart with my mam and have realized that I need to change my job and my boyfriend - because neither of them appreciate me. TA I feel so lazy and just want to wallow in self-pity rather than take action. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I have the most annoying little spot or swollen bite mark on the inside of my lower lip and it hurts to eat and is driving me mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who play videos on their phones without earphones.
    I had the misfortune of being in Tallaght A&E on Tuesday evening with my sister who was in awful pain.

There was a girl in front of us, scrolling through Instagram on her phone, playing every video that came up in her feed, then she did the same with Snapchat, then she decided to watch some make-up tutorials on Youtube, then she played her friend sitting with her a five minute clip of someone murdering "Somewhere over the Rainbow".
    I really wanted to tell her to keep the fcuking noise down but I hadn't the energy for an argument.

Then a fella comes in, drunk, and persists on chatting to everyone even though half of us have already been sitting there six hours plus and we're not in the mood for chit-chat.

He's oblivious to our disinterest and carries on BOOMING loudly about "celestial beings" and singing "Only the Lonely" over and over and over again.

I felt like crying.
    My sister eventually got seen to 10 hours after first arriving.
    The doctors took her blood and we were waiting two and a half hours for the result.

Got home at 5.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I really fancy something spicy to eat but it’s too late, I’m watching what I eat and I’ve no chili’s here anyway :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

A few old Shielas after landing in the pub, half cut from drinking wine all evening. Getting loud by the minute and saggy tits and belly’s falling around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Jennehy wrote: »
    A few old Shielas after landing in the pub, half cut from drinking wine all evening. Getting loud by the minute and saggy tits and belly’s falling around the place.

Nice bums though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jennehy wrote: »

Fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Treated myself to a small bottle of rock shandy tonight. Was on the phone to my mam while doing my shop, and stupidly said I was looking forward to it when I got to the car. Instantly she started lecturing me on how her brother, my uncle, has diabetes and he drank loads of fizzy drinks when he was younger.

I know this, he's had the diagnosis for years. It's one bottle, it's the only bottle of fizzy sugary stuff I've had since Christmas. And I'm an adult! Too old for mammy lectures!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

My wànker neighbours playing loud music, I said to ya man the last day, that the loud music is getting beyond a joke now and we can't sleep. You think he'll apologise like a normal decent person would! But no he just looked at me like I had two heads! The past couple of days have been 100 times worse, I swear they'll doing just to be cùnts! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

Play loud music e.g Mary Black early tomorrow morning at full volume. That thick cnut of neighbour of yours will get message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Jennehy wrote:
    Play loud music e.g Mary Black early tomorrow morning at full volume. That thick cnut of neighbour of yours will get message.

Yeah! Heaven knows, no frontiers for that bastard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

fussyonion wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of being in Tallaght A&E on Tuesday evening with my sister who was in awful pain.

There was a girl in front of us, scrolling through Instagram on her phone, playing every video that came up in her feed, then she did the same with Snapchat, then she decided to watch some make-up tutorials on Youtube, then she played her friend sitting with her a five minute clip of someone murdering "Somewhere over the Rainbow".
    I really wanted to tell her to keep the fcuking noise down but I hadn't the energy for an argument.

Then a fella comes in, drunk, and persists on chatting to everyone even though half of us have already been sitting there six hours plus and we're not in the mood for chit-chat.

He's oblivious to our disinterest and carries on BOOMING loudly about "celestial beings" and singing "Only the Lonely" over and over and over again.

I felt like crying.
    The doctors took her blood and we were waiting two and a half hours for the result.

Got home at 5.30am.

Particularly in relation to the girl with the loud phone, if you're ever in that situation again, ask a member of admin staff, someone behind the check-in desk to speak to her. I run outpatient clinics in a hospital and regularly have to do stuff like that (keep the volume down/sit down and stop standing behind the doors/calm down) because people seem to think nobody else matters but themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So I was at a spa on Thursday, lovely, relaxing, peaceful. But ye know those loungy beds they have for relaxing on after your treatment? I somehow managed to badly sprain my wrist getting up off the damn thing. TA'd that I failed at the spa. Have to type one handed is such a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I went for a fairly short cycle, earlier. Just local to get a bit of fresh air. I had two minor side-projects: get a few bottles of Vegefied (pumpkin, ginger, and orange), and only one chemist stocks it, that I know. It was closed.

The secondary reason was to get a certain Fruit Pastilles push-up ice pop, like a Calippo but creamier, but not creamy like an ice-cream ice-pop. And not quite a sorbet. But anyway...the shop was out of them. And my front wheel was nearly punctured by the time I got home.

I was trivially annoyed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This is a track from an album that I actually own (from some mad lads from California from the 80s-90s.).

I was in hospital recently (for 5 days) and for the last 3 days I was in a proper ward. However, there was this very entitled, and seemingly very rich, English woman a few beds up from me. When I had my first visitor in the ward, my sister eventually said to me "Will that woman not turn her radio down? It's wrecking me head!" thinking it was Joe Duffy or someone. I said "No, that's not the radio. She just has her speaker-phone very loud and her life is a drama, even though she's about 85..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Trivial...but annoying..
    When someone has a 1 word username with 2 syllables and when people shorten the name (as happens) calling the person by the wrong syllable!!..balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Big huge wall of text posts, so hard to get through.
    Also massive multiquote posts, don't know why I hate them so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I really try not to see anything about the Kartrashians/Jenners. I really try. But still. When the main news outlets report on them all the frickin’ time, they are so hard to avoid. How did this happen, how did this boring family become so important?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You may thank O.J. Simpson for that, too.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I really try not to see anything about the Kartrashians/Jenners. I really try. But still. When the main news outlets report on them all the frickin’ time, they are so hard to avoid. How did this happen, how did this boring family become so important?

I can mentally block all that out, along with love island and all of those reality series....can do it with quite a lot of posters on here too.... which is quite handy ;)

I felt like crying.

Got home at 5.30am.

I was on a the Luas last week and a woman told a man to turn down the volume on his phone. Like a boss. He looked all put out and seemed like he was going to say something more to her but then just looked sheepish and turned downed the volume. People need to start being called out on this more.

On the A&E thing, my dad can be a bit socially unaware at times and was in A&E with my mother a few months ago. I rang him to get an update and he was like “Oh, I’ll put you on loudspeaker so that you can talk to both of us!”. I was like “DON’T!” and he was like “Why?”. Seriously like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I just noticed a toothpaste stain on my top :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

"Toothpaste" ;)

TA'd at earphones dying.

New Home wrote: »
    You may thank O.J. Simpson for that, too.

I dunno. I know Robert Kardashian was involved in the whole OJ car chase thing but I think that Kim Kardashian’s later noteriety was more to do with her being a friend of Paris Hilton who was tabloid fodder at the time. That’s what got Kim attention for her sex tape. That and being good-looking. By the time of the sex tape, the OJ stuff was long in the past.

• Advertisement

Oh god. So annoying. I used to always manage to get toothpaste on my top just before heading out for the evening. Now I’m very careful to brush my teeth before putting on my gladrags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Have to type one handed is such a pain in the arse.

It's an important life skill. Most young lads learn it from about the age of 13, now that we're in the Internet era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's an important life skill. Most young lads learn it from about the age of 13, now that we're in the Internet era.

Yes, agree there, other arm is like a Fiddler crab…… for some reason.

Maybe they are tennis players uh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yes, agree there, other arm is like a Fiddler crab…… for some reason.

Maybe they are tennis players uh.

Large collection of ‘gentleman’s art periodicals’ or time spent perusing ‘one handed websites’ is probably the reason, Brendan. Randy bastards.

Large collection of ‘gentleman’s art periodicals’ or time spent perusing ‘one handed websites’ is probably the reason, Brendan. Randy bastards.

That could be the reason John, well spotted from a lad who wouldn’t have too much experience other than from the Women’s Realm Lingerie section.

Now,that said,there were some acceptable tugboats in there, people tell me, for sure. Corsetry division.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Yeh clingfilm over the monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The severe lack of sparkling water in the supermarkets here. I had to buy a 750ml glass botttle of Ballygowan out of desperation today. Every time i tighten the lid that bit extra to stop it going flat it pops off again:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The severe lack of sparkling water in the supermarkets here. I had to buy a 750ml glass botttle of Ballygowan out of desperation today. Every time i tighten the lid that bit extra to stop it going flat it pops off again:(

I live on sparkling water and not dealing too well with this crisis either. The only water available was the really expensive Italian one.

I live on sparkling water and not dealing too well with this crisis either. The only water available was the really expensive Italian one.

Pellegrino? I love that one, but yeah...it's not the cheapest ...I have at least 2 bottles a day and my TA is that when you go to the supermarket fridge...they're never bloody cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

When visiting a friend and they decide scrolling through their facebook feed is more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Cant sleep

Mondays

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dreaming about an ex.

Dreaming about an ex.

I have an ex friend who seems to be haunting me in my dreams. Need to cleanse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Micky___ wrote: »
    When visiting a friend and they decide scrolling through their facebook feed is more important.

Ah yes. Bluefacing. So rude, and so many people seem to do it now.
    Monday mornings, I hate you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Paid for a train ticket a few weeks in advance. Due to maintenance over the summer they put on shuttle buses instead, ok fair enough

I cannot get any refund or discount. If I had wanted the bus I could done this in the first place for cheaper than the train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I contacted the admin of the site I stream Nordic Noir from, about my forgotten password(one of many many times) as the link to reset didn't arrive at the email it should have.

A four-day wait for the 'did you check the junk mail folder' response.

Duh!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

transferred money to an account i closed a year ago now have to wait for it to bounce back :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bredabe wrote: »
    I contacted the admin of the site I stream Nordic Noir from, about my forgotten password(one of many many times) as the link to reset didn't arrive at the email it should have.

A four-day wait for the 'did you check the junk mail folder' response.

Duh!

Electric Ireland had the same response when I complained that my bill never arrived, but they had no problem emailing me unwanted ads and a "bill is overdue" notification. I was told to check the spam folder and to contact them again if the bill wasn't there. I did, the bill wasn't there, I contacted them again and their response was "check your spam folder and if the bill isn't there contact us again". :mad: Rinse and repeat. FOUR TIMES. :mad::mad::mad: Still no sign of the bill, BTW.:rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pellegrino? I love that one, but yeah...it's not the cheapest ...I have at least 2 bottles a day and my TA is that when you go to the supermarket fridge...they're never bloody cold!

Buy it in the supermarket and keep it in your own fridge. I get 4 500ml bottles for €3.60 in Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Time with the OH just does not last long enough :(

New Home wrote: »
    Electric Ireland had the same response when I complained that my bill never arrived, but they had no problem emailing me unwanted ads and a "bill is overdue" notification. I was told to check the spam folder and to contact them again if the bill wasn't there. I did, the bill wasn't there, I contacted them again and their response was "check your spam folder and in the bill isn't there contact us again". :mad: Rinse and repeat. FOUR TIMES. :mad::mad::mad: Still no sign of the bill, BTW.:rolleyes::mad:

Bunch of ass clowns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm having a bit of a bad luck spell at the moment, everything that I need and value breaks. Car is currently in the garage with some absolute freak repair 3 months after getting it. To resolve that might take a while.
    Got a rental car, was changed last second from a 182 VW golf to a 161 Hyundai i30.
    Houseplant I bought was supposedly sick already when I bought it and is on its deadbed 3 weeks after the purchase. At least the garden center takes it back.
    My hanging baskets are full of pests and when I treated them they went droopy and sad and now they need to get a radical haircut.
    I'm dying to go on a holiday but rigid saving here, getting married next year and it breaks my heart because I travelled a lot and always have the itch.

And now, when you're already down, your oven fan breaks, it's only 8 months old and I paid good money for that appliance AND I CANNOT FIND THE RECEIPT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Haven't you heard the good news?

That icon of the 80's and early 90's are back!

Get yourself a sodastream :D

* I get ye're probably buying on a lunch break from work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

LirW wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of a bad luck spell at the moment, everything that I need and value breaks. Car is currently in the garage with some absolute freak repair 3 months after getting it. To resolve that might take a while.
    Got a rental car, was changed last second from a 182 VW golf to a 161 Hyundai i30.
    Houseplant I bought was supposedly sick already when I bought it and is on its deadbed 3 weeks after the purchase. At least the garden center takes it back.
    My hanging baskets are full of pests and when I treated them they went droopy and sad and now they need to get a radical haircut.
    I'm dying to go on a holiday but rigid saving here, getting married next year and it breaks my heart because I travelled a lot and always have the itch.

And now, when you're already down, your oven fan breaks, it's only 8 months old and I paid good money for that appliance AND I CANNOT FIND THE RECEIPT.

Look in your instructions manual , I often tape my receipt to the manual

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement