Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or you credit card/bank statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Or maybe you have an E-receipt on your email.

When someone in work makes a clever joke you don't understand and everyone else in the room laughs so you laugh too and then sit there worried in case they cop on that you don't understand and ask you something relating and you'll have to tell them all that you fake laughed and haven't a clue what's going on.

Also PMS while high on lack of sleep and codeine based meds.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

LirW wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of a bad luck spell at the moment, everything that I need and value breaks. Car is currently in the garage with some absolute freak repair 3 months after getting it. To resolve that might take a while.
    Got a rental car, was changed last second from a 182 VW golf to a 161 Hyundai i30.
    Houseplant I bought was supposedly sick already when I bought it and is on its deadbed 3 weeks after the purchase. At least the garden center takes it back.
    My hanging baskets are full of pests and when I treated them they went droopy and sad and now they need to get a radical haircut.
    I'm dying to go on a holiday but rigid saving here, getting married next year and it breaks my heart because I travelled a lot and always have the itch.

And now, when you're already down, your oven fan breaks, it's only 8 months old and I paid good money for that appliance AND I CANNOT FIND THE RECEIPT.

If you remember where you bought it they probably have a record on file, especially if they delivered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Bought myself lovely jeans today in a sale. Put them on at home and was wearing than around for a bit. Looked out the window and noticed that one of my rose bushes could do with some water. Filled a jug and went out and watered it - only for one of its thorns to catch in my lovely jeans and tear two holes just above one of the knees. I came inside and shed a few tears!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Bought myself lovely jeans today in a sale. Put them on at home and was wearing than around for a bit. Looked out the window and noticed that one of my rose bushes could do with some water. Filled a jug and went out and watered it - only for one of its thorns to catch in my lovely jeans and tear two holes just above one of the knees. I came inside and shed a few tears!

It is a style!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Try_harder wrote: »
    It is a style!

I may take them to a charity shop. Somebody a lot younger than I would get away with wearing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I shut my thumb in the car door weeks ago and only now has my nail decided it is coming off. It is ripped halfway across and is catching on everything. I try to keep it covered with a plaster but they are constantly getting wet /falling off. Google tells me it could be 6 months before it grows out, FML.

Had just opened my last tub of crispy fried onions and dropped the whole shagging lot on the floor :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My nails are filthy, but I can't find the nail file anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

In rugby when they use the term 'northern hemisphere' when Europe or Britain&Ireland(which annoys me too) could be used.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

Weather gone cool, and Kathleen no longer wearing a hot pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

shakeitoff wrote: »
    In rugby when they use the term 'northern hemisphere' when Europe or Britain&Ireland(which annoys me too) could be used.

America, Canada, Japan are all in the NH...it's just a geographical term

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oi! I'm not THAT big!! :mad:

New Home wrote: »

Must. Not. Reply. Must. Resist!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

New Home wrote: »

That took me a few seconds to get 😂😂

Pain. All of the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Those raggedy bits on the side of your nails. Pain in the hole :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Waking up feeling more tired than (or should that be ‘then’?) when I went to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

one from the weekend but its still annoying me.

Surely, in this age of contactless payments, Apple and Android pay etc, we surely have advance ATM technology to the point where it doesnt give me the option to take out 20 euro, IF THERE ARE NO FUPPING 20 EURO NOTES AVAILABLE!!!.

Plus, why does the fact that there are no 20's available, mean that the entire transaction has to be cancelled and my card spat out? can we not go back to the previous screen and select a different option?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

one from the weekend but its still annoying me.

Surely, in this age of contactless payments, Apple and Android pay etc, we surely have advance ATM technology to the point where it doesnt give me the option to take out 20 euro, IF THERE ARE NO FUPPING 20 EURO NOTES AVAILABLE!!!.

Plus, why does the fact that there are no 20's available, mean that the entire transaction has to be cancelled and my card spat out? can we not go back to the previous screen and select a different option?

There are reasons for all of that :)
    Mainly that the core hardware inside ATMs hasn't changed in years. Plus it's normally different people that create the hardware to the middleware to the software on the ATMs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had to reschedule a hospital appointment and now the new one clashes with something else. I need to clone myself:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

TA’d when your housemates boyfriend spends more time in the house than you do yet you pay rent!

Also this cute couple craic of taking over the kitchen for hours to cook meals & drink wine makes everyone else feel awkward

Thankfully they move on at the end of the month

Just had a Petit Filous and it wasn't as nice as I remembered :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When the excitement of getting a new phone through a free upgrade is quickly superseded by the turmoil and tedium of setting up the new phone, transferring data and apps from the old phone, and most annoyingly of all, realising that you don't have a micro SIM card and so have to pay a visit to the phone shop again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It has started to rain and my washing is still in the machine. Procrastination!

Having one of those days doing bits of everything yet accomplishing nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

madmaggie wrote: »
    It has started to rain and my washing is still in the machine. Procrastination!

Having one of those days doing bits of everything yet accomplishing nothing.

if you had put the washing out it would now be completely soaked. smart move on your part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bought a 30 pack of antihistamines in local chemist, 12.99,
    bought 3x30 packs of different and better suited to me antihistamines for 14.99, in 'town'

That'll teach me to be absentminded.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Sickness has reduced our family holiday from a three to a two person trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you buy something and within a couple of months a newer better version is released :mad:

• Advertisement

Dramatik wrote: »
    When you buy something and within a couple of months a newer better version is released :mad:

That's Moore's law for you :)

When you try something new for dinner and it ends up not being nice

Artificial sweetener. Can't stand the taste, avoid it at all costs, but now it's being added to everything to reduce the sugar. Rarely drink fizzy drinks, decided to have a sparkling lemon at the weekend and it was undrinkable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Artificial sweetener. Can't stand the taste, avoid it at all costs, but now it's being added to everything to reduce the sugar. Rarely drink fizzy drinks, decided to have a sparkling lemon at the weekend and it was undrinkable!

Good lad.

What’s wrong with water?

Good lad.

What’s wrong with water?

Nothing at all, I drink water all the time. Doesn't mean I can't be trivially annoyed that they are adding artificial sweeteners to non diet drinks for the odd occasion that I wish to imbibe one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Nothing at all, I drink water all the time.

I did not know that!

• Advertisement

I did not know that!

You learn something new every day, you're welcome;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bought a hoody online, took a chance! Arrived today, it's woeful quality and not even the right size.
    Waste of money ffs

The Irish Dairy ad in the coffee shop where the woman gets a nutmilk latte and the child convinces her to get a normal latte. Its when she hads back the coffee and says she'll take a normal coffee instead. We don't know if shes paid for the coffee or not but you can't just hand back a coffee like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

Shpud2 wrote: »
    The Irish Dairy ad in the coffee shop where the woman gets a nutmilk latte and the child convinces her to get a normal latte. Its when she hads back the coffee and says she'll take a normal coffee instead. We don't know if shes paid for the coffee or not but you can't just hand back a coffee like that.

Wow that is really an important thing we need to know.

Jennehy wrote: »
    Wow that is really an important thing we need to know.

It's not important its trivial which is the point of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Went for a power nap earlier and now it feels like my neck is twisted, aching around the back of neck.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm in bed and thirsty but if I drink some water I will be up for a wee at 1am.

I want to write but I just can't manage to get the creative juices flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When the excitement of getting a new phone through a free upgrade is quickly superseded by the turmoil and tedium of setting up the new phone, transferring data and apps from the old phone, and most annoyingly of all, realising that you don't have a micro SIM card and so have to pay a visit to the phone shop again.

Can I just add my own TA to this topic - WHY DO PHONE COMPANIES KEEP CHANGING PHONE CHARGING CABLES?? WHY? WHY? WHY?
    My husband got his upgrade last week and his new phone didn't come with a charging cable, instead, it came with a little converter thing to stick on the old cable, however, he has already lost the thing twice because it's tiny. Why was it necessary to change the fucking thing??
    We have a load of different charging cables around the house now from all the past phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Or attach to keys by a key ring, it means your keys and phone are always together when you go to leave the house, and converter is easy to find.

My TA is that I do not want to get up at all and my alarm just keeps going off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It took me four years to get used to the remote control and UPC box thingy . Now Virgin kindly upgraded our package and we get an all singing , all dancing new remote that looks different . And what the hell is the keyboard yoke on the back of it for anyway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The womans phone who Im sat beside on the train, went off. Stupid loud annoying ring- she picked it up and looked at it for what seemed like an age before answering it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who can't understand simple instructions. I got a call from an post driver yesterday telling me he was outside my door with two parcels. I told him i wasnt there and to leave the parcels at the depot and i would pick them up this morning. I went to the depot this morning and there was no sign of them. I gave them the 2 tracking numbers and after 15 minutes of faffing about they tell me that the driver has put them back on the van for delivery today. I wont be in today either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Passive aggressive replies to other peoples TA's. It trivially annoys me because it isn't in the spirit of the thread. Not cool.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement