Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Try_harder wrote: »
    The womans phone who Im sat beside on the train, went off. Stupid loud annoying ring- she picked it up and looked at it for what seemed like an age before answering it!!!

2 of my friends do this and it drives me insane..big loud ring tone,root through the bag for 5 minutes to find phone,stare at phone for another 5 before answering it..it's not as if the caller is going to change identity if you keep looking at it.
    Anyway I feel that if you're in company in a public place you're phone should be low or silent and only important calls answered..it's rude and embarrassing imo to do otherwise.You're not that fecking important..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fed up today of everything after having a nice yesterday, of course it has to be ruined by a certain someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I want to write but I just can't manage to get the creative juices flowing

A few strokes should sort that out.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mysterious stains on clothes coming out of the wash that were definitely not on them going in.
    Plates not completely clean coming out of the dishwasher.

Fed up today of everything after having a nice yesterday, of course it has to be ruined by a certain someone.

Sorry, I have a tendency to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Few related to athletes and social media. When men just assume every footballer is the same and presumes they're all cheating on their wives. I don't know why this annoys me, but it's a sort of macho way it's brought up 'of course he's cheating on her' without knowing anything about the person in question.

And also 'she's only with him because he's a footballer'.....but he is a footballer and he does make millions, it's a pretty USP, who else is she going to go for? This is said about every footballer unless they have David Beckham/Yoann Gourcuff looks. Most of the time the girl isn't even that much better looking than the footballer either.

Keep in mind 'trivial' things that annoy me, I don't stay up at night thinking about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd at the stupid pharmacist who explained to me in a soft condescending tone that Saturday is not, in fact, a working day and therefore it would be 2 'working days' before my prescription would be in. When I pointed out that today was, in fact, Wednesday, 2 working days after Saturday, she had no explanation for where my order was. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The '20 questions' scenario I had to go through when I was topping up my student leap card for the 1st time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Mysterious stains on clothes coming out of the wash that were definitely not on them going in.
    Plates not completely clean coming out of the dishwasher.
    I found powder detergent left stains on dark clothes. Changed to liquid detergent, seems ok now. I suppose that qualifies as a TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Been trying to log into the accommodation website for the uni I'll be going on Erasmus to for the last few days. First there was a problem with the system. Then it said I had already registered and so should have a ref. no and a password (I didn't). Emailed the accommodation section and they sent me the reference number and said they'd send an email reminder to change the password. I didn't get one, so I clicked the "forgot your password?" thing on the website. Still haven't gotten the email! Must it be so difficult?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Followiing a thread for a nationwide recruitment campaign and it’s constantly at the top of the pile with the most inane questions ever.
    How some people manage to find the floor with their two feet in the morning should be celebrated as an achievement in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I would like someone to take over all of my life decisions for me please. Being an adult is too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I would like someone to take over all of my life decisions for me please. Being an adult is too hard.

I accept responsibility....is the pay good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I accept responsibility....is the pay good?

No pay and the job is thankless but there may be some....favours :p

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    No pay and the job is thankless but there may be some....favours :p

You'll make me a ham and tayto sandwich?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Passive aggressive replies to other peoples TA's. It trivially annoys me because it isn't in the spirit of the thread. Not cool.

Or when someone comes along to explain your TA to you.
    I'm annoyed by X
    Oh well X is like that because of blah blah
    Being annoyed by something doesn't mean you don't understand it.

My TA today is people knowing about something for a very very long time (we're talking years, not days) but leaving it until the last minute to request additional items they need for the something, the said something happening in September.

The OH's leathers are hanging up airing in the open doorway of the kitchen and I keep jumping out of my skin thinking it is someone standing there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

erica74 wrote: »
    Or when someone comes along to explain your TA to you.
    I'm annoyed by X
    Oh well X is like that because of blah blah
    Being annoyed by something doesn't mean you don't understand it.

My TA today is people knowing about something for a very very long time (we're talking years, not days) but leaving it until the last minute to request additional items they need for the something, the said something happening in September.

its a massive orgy and they're making you fork out for the condoms and lube?!!

sorry to be gross, thought id get a laugh outta you. TA my dirty mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The person behind me in the cinema probably missed most of the film as they were so focused on kicking the back of my seat for the ENTIRE screening. Didn't want to move as we had the best view of the screen and the film was enjoyable but Jesus it was annoying. Oh and his girlfriend kept whispering "do it again!" I have a limitless card and I'm determined to use it as much as possible despite cinema w@nkers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    The person behind me in the cinema probably missed most of the film as they were so focused on kicking the back of my seat for the ENTIRE screening. Didn't want to move as we had the best view of the screen and the film was enjoyable but Jesus it was annoying. Oh and his girlfriend kept whispering "do it again!" I have a limitless card and I'm determined to use it as much as possible despite cinema w@nkers.

You should given them both a kick up the back side being honest! morons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Rosie Rant wrote: »

Fecking seat kickers or people who push their feet or knees into the back of your seat and rock it back and forth on buses, planes or cinemas they are the scum of the earth. If they are little kids then the parent is scummy for letting them do it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It'd be worth your while bringing mentos into the cinema... drop one into your fizzy drink, and aim the cup at them. Sweet, sweet, fizzy revenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

erica74 wrote: »
    When the excitement of getting a new phone through a free upgrade is quickly superseded by the turmoil and tedium of setting up the new phone, transferring data and apps from the old phone, and most annoyingly of all, realising that you don't have a micro SIM card and so have to pay a visit to the phone shop again.

Can I just add my own TA to this topic - WHY DO PHONE COMPANIES KEEP CHANGING PHONE CHARGING CABLES?? WHY? WHY? WHY?
    My husband got his upgrade last week and his new phone didn't come with a charging cable, instead, it came with a little converter thing to stick on the old cable, however, he has already lost the thing twice because it's tiny. Why was it necessary to change the fucking thing??
    We have a load of different charging cables around the house now from all the past phones.

No Apple keep changing.

Most of the rest have been the same for years.

New Home wrote: »
    It'd be worth your while bringing mentos into the cinema... drop one into your fizzy drink, and aim the cup at them. Sweet, sweet, fizzy revenge!

Has to be Diet Coke, doesn't it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not necessarily. Try to pour a teaspoon of sugar in a glass of any fizzy drink (club orange, even) and come back to me.

I somehow managed to ring the emergency services in my pocket. Couldn't figure out where the man's voice was coming from. Mortified :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Oh god. Bulmers pear.

It actually tastes gone off. It's horrific.

Like canned sweaty socks.

Terrible terrible stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Oh god. Bulmers pear.

It actually tastes gone off. It's horrific.

Like canned sweaty socks.

Terrible terrible stuff

Check the pan, chancer, she’ll have to be set for a ‘full load’ tomorrow

Trust me.

Filled it up with super loose after a feed of that stuff.

Thin porridge mate, bad experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Link "boxes" that appear towards the end of YouTube videos that obscure the video you're actually trying to watch, with no way to get rid of them, apparently. :mad:

Click on the cog at the bottom of the video and de-select "annotations", it should work.

• Advertisement

Weather has changed so much that Im not using a summer fragrance today,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

No school runs , no traffic, a 10 minute scoot to work in the morning, alarm set for 8.00AM. Happy days! 7.35 the phone rings. Jump out of bed concerned that whoever is ringing at this hour, its not good news.

Me: "Hello". Caller: "Good afternoon...ehhh morning... here is Microsoft Office..... "

Grrr... My only consolation is that somewhere in Asia a scammer is being treated for a burst eardrum and their consolation is they know a lot more English swear words than they did at 7.30.

Irish banks that are fixated with internet banking and don't care that it's not an option for some types of SLD's, as for the cs staff from said banks that go missing when asked if there is an alternative to online, ie don't know they have phone banking.

The random 'apologies' offered when complaints about the queues in branch(cause SLD means internet cant be done)

How is it I still pay banking fee's when I do 3/4 of the bank's former job!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bredabe wrote: »
    Irish banks that are fixated with internet banking and don't care that it's not an option for some types of SLD's, as for the cs staff from said banks that go missing when asked if there is an alternative to online, ie don't know they have phone banking.

The random 'apologies' offered when complaints about the queues in branch(cause SLD means internet cant be done)

How is it I still pay banking fee's when I do 3/4 of the bank's former job!

I'm TA'd by all the meetings I've been in about banking streams/features/rollouts/channels in the past few days!
    I think I'm nearly brainwashed at this stage.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm TA'd by all the meetings I've been in about banking streams/features/rollouts/channels in the past few days!
    I think I'm nearly brainwashed at this stage.

Im sure they have a phone no you can call for that. :)

How hard could it possibly be to change an external water filter on a Samsung side-by-side fridge freezer?

An hour of googling (and a sprained wrist) and it seems very, very hard indeed. And more confused that ever - several people said you must wait various periods of time after you've turned the water off, but there's nothing about this in the meagre instructions. So I don't want to force it. Somebody else said he just cuts the cartridge off the water pipe but surely he's going to have very little of that pipe left in a few years?

And there I was thinking a simple clip in and out every six months is all it would take... 'It's easy' said Mrs Harvey Norman.

Sample online discussion here and here

Victoria Beckham the sulky looking mare. I read that she has 14 engagement rings which she bought over the years worth £9 million. You can't have more than one engagement ring you stupid misery-puss.

Also really TA'd about arrogant 'celebrities' who never shut up about how much money thay have. Trump for instance, McGregor and Mayweather, Charlie Sheen. Great role-models for the chisellers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Too hot, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Wished a friend a happy birthday yesterday

His response, "doesn't count if its not on my wall"

Type of gob who'll delete things on fb if it doesn't get enough likes

Make ya wonder why you're friends with them sometimes

• Advertisement

The hot dog rolls I bought were not pre cut as it said on the packet and fell apart when I cut them. Ba$tards:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

People who think it's ok to fart on a packed luas. Vile

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

How hard could it possibly be to change an external water filter on a Samsung side-by-side fridge freezer?

An hour of googling (and a sprained wrist) and it seems very, very hard indeed. And more confused that ever - several people said you must wait various periods of time after you've turned the water off, but there's nothing about this in the meagre instructions. So I don't want to force it. Somebody else said he just cuts the cartridge off the water pipe but surely he's going to have very little of that pipe left in a few years?

And there I was thinking a simple clip in and out every six months is all it would take... 'It's easy' said Mrs Harvey Norman.

Sample online discussion here and here

Not the first time you ended up with a sprained wrist after an hour on the internet, I'd opine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you send your bf a great selfie and he just leaves you on read (petty, I know, but still :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was hanging around the house waiting for a courier. I suspected he would arrive between 1-2 as that's when I missed him yesterday due to work.

I swear he did not knock. My downstairs bedroom is 10 paces from the front door, no music, no headphones, I was reading wikipedia.

The only reason I knew he was there was I heard the letterbox where he put the "sorry we missed you bla bla" notice. I rang outside, flagged him down as he was driving off and got my package. No way he knocked, if I can hear the letterbox I can hear a knock on the door and he did not

This happened me before with An Post but it wasn't them this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When you print out a ton of stuff to discuss in a meeting and then the chair just breezes past the item and doesn't call on you for input.

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I was hanging around the house waiting for a courier. I suspected he would arrive between 1-2 as that's when I missed him yesterday due to work.

I swear he did not knock. My downstairs bedroom is 10 paces from the front door, no music, no headphones, I was reading wikipedia.

The only reason I knew he was there was I heard the letterbox where he put the "sorry we missed you bla bla" notice. I rang outside, flagged him down as he was driving off and got my package. No way he knocked, if I can hear the letterbox I can hear a knock on the door and he did not

That would make me want to ring the couriers' office to complain! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

mikemac2 wrote: »

Same happened to me. I was home that day anyway and had the text that it would be delivered today.
    Started to wonder so checked the tracker - “left in a secure location.” i.e thrown on the doorstep in full view of anyone walking by. Definitely didn’t knock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Can't figure out how to set up an online bank account or see any information about how to do so online.

Somebody I know who constantly bitches about others behind their back and spreads nasty rumours. You can be certain that as soon as I am out of earshot I am getting the same treatment.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Can't figure out how to set up an online bank account or see any information about how to do so online.

If it's an online banking account for a "normal" bank, just drop into one of their branches or phone them, they probably have to set you up themselves on their systems before you can access anything.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement