Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

New Home wrote: »
    If it's an online banking account for a "normal" bank, just drop into one of their branches or phone them, they probably have to set you up themselves on their systems before you can access anything.

Yeah it is. I called into the branch but the people who help you had finished for the day. There's just a distinct lack of info on how to set it up that even says call into the branch. I'll hope to try again tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My next door neighbour has been shooting crows for the last couple of hours. I sympathize that his barley is getting destroyed by them, but it's getting on my bloody nerves now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

i was so tired last night I was in bed by 11, looking forward to a good 8 hours. Fell asleep straight away and all was going well until i woke at 2.30. Took me a minute to realise there was noise outside my room so I go out and the gangly dweeb upstairs is emptying the washing machine which is right outside my door.
    I go out and was like are you putting a wash on? and he said no. I said well you’ve woken us. Comes back down after that, and puts on the dryer.
    I was RAGING. I can never fall back asleep after being woken (except the sleep of your life when that first alarm goes) so didn’t drift off til around 5, to be back up again at 7 like a zombie.

So inconsiderate. Plus he stank of sweat, ugh. Now i’ve to get ready to go out and can’t be faffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I asked my manager to approve a memo before I sent it around:

Manager (after reading the first line): You forgot to include X
    Me: Read the second line
    Manager: OK, it's there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

@ :@ :mad:

Ta'd 2 : I think I must pick up limestone rocks in supervalue during the week instead of avocado's because there rock hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

People who use ‘E’ or ‘e’ instead of ‘€’

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

People who use ‘E’ or ‘e’ instead of ‘€’

I do that 😳how do I do it correctly on the phone?

Ta'd that I'm a TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

people that add an s to euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who...ach - just people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Skinny jeans .......when will boot cut come back into fashion for ladies???

• Advertisement

My neighbour saw some wandering tradesmen driving around earlier. Now everyone is on alert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

madmaggie wrote: »
    My neighbour saw some wandering tradesmen driving around earlier. Now everyone is on alert.

It's too hot to get your driveway tarmacked today

It's too hot to get your driveway tarmacked today

But the shed could do with painting, missus. "Expert farm painters" that's the name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

madmaggie wrote: »
    But the shed could do with painting, missus. "Expert farm painters" that's the name!

I had a man call last who " does a great job cutting down trees , Missus "

All well and good Sir , but I don't actually own any trees to cut

No ? Well I could fix your broken gutters missus

All well and good Sir but my gutter is not broken

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I had a man call last who " does a great job cutting down trees , Missus "

All well and good Sir , but I don't actually own any trees to cut

No ? Well I could fix your broken gutters missus

All well and good Sir but my gutter is not broken

Not yet, missus.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

molly09 wrote: »

Been praying for this to happen since about 2012....:rolleyes:....bootcut jeans (accompanied by heels)=shapely long legs with compliments galore.....skinny jeans=thunder thighs with people wondering why the hell your showing off those tree trunks......
    BRING BACK BOOTCUT:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Been praying for this to happen since about 2012....:rolleyes:....bootcut jeans (accompanied by heels)=shapely long legs with compliments galore.....skinny jeans=thunder thighs with people wondering why the hell your showing off those tree trunks......
    BRING BACK BOOTCUT:):)
    I feel like this about boyfriend jeans, the type available in 2012/3.
    TA that I know better now than to think I'll get away with any other type.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I was going through David Bowie's acting roles on wikipedia and it occurred to me that he would have been great as Sweeney Todd instead of Johnny Depp, especially as he was an actual singer. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The amount of leftovers after a Chinese. It didn't help that the birthday girl in the house today was extremely hungover and couldn't face it when it arrived. Nothing makes me twitch more than wasted food :,(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The amount of leftovers after a Chinese. It didn't help that the birthday girl in the house today was extremely hungover and couldn't face it when it arrived. Nothing makes me twitch more than wasted food :,(

Put it in the fridge when it cools down and have it tomorrow. That's what I always do, I can't manage full portions usually.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »

Leftovers tomorrow maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Where is all the fizzy water gone? Had to spend a fortune on a certain fancy brand in a glass bottle today as there was no normal plastic ones left in the shop.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

TG1 wrote: »
    Where is all the fizzy water gone? Had to spend a fortune on a certain fancy brand in a glass bottle today as there was no normal plastic ones left in the shop.....

There's a CO2 shortage. Luckily I managed to get some this week and have stocked up for a while anyway.

TA very itchy head and only washed my hair yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have nothing left to look forward to :( for months it was Longitude and my cousin's wedding, now they're both over so now I don't have anything big or exciting coming up :(

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I have nothing left to look forward to :( for months it was Longitude and my cousin's wedding, now they're both over so now I don't have anything big or exciting coming up :(

Only 156 days till Christmas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Colser wrote: »
    I do that ��how do I do it correctly on the phone?

Ta'd that I'm a TA.

It’s on my phone keyboard- just under the 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So in the car and you're trying to merge onto the motorway/road and when you put on the indicator, the vehicle on the right increases speed and doesn't let you in.

That's fine as there is always these type of drivers but what really gets on my nerves, is when that vehicle actually wants to exit from that road and then moves into the lane I'm trying to exit from.

Makes no sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Sleeping all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

WHERE IS THE EFFING PLAY BUTTON ON SPOTIFY??? STOOPID GOBSH1TE OF A THING. :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Back to work tomorrow after two weeks off. If anyone's looking for me I'll be in the shower crying. :(

• Advertisement

Back to work tomorrow after two weeks off. If anyone's looking for me I'll be in the shower crying. :(

I feel your pain bones,I'm back to my course tomorrow after two weeks off :(

*bro hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you watch a cherished childhood film that you haven't seen in years and start to realise just how rubbish it really is.

Work is sh1t for the vast majority. My friend cut his hours back to part time and also cut back on his spending accordingly bit he is happier than he has been in years and doesn't want to be full time ever again.

Only 156 days till Christmas ;)
    Dan-Aykroyd-Trading-Places.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

molly09 wrote: »

Hopefully never. Bootcut jeans are anti-style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you watch a cherished childhood film that you haven't seen in years and start to realise just how rubbish it really is.

When you enthusiastically put on a cherished childhood film or tv series for your kids and instead of loving it they look at you with pity and put it off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Drymouthedness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Fucking Irish fucking rail.
    We're 30 minutes into a 2 hour, 10 minute train journey and there's 15 people standing in our carriage alone. The train was just outside Kildare when the button was pressed to display names above seats so there's anger in the carriage. I'm fine in my seat because I booked it but I'd say 3/4 of the people in my carriage are sitting in someone else's seat.

Sons of Anarchy is the cheesiest show I've ever seen. Everyone is so cool and smooth. It's almost in the catagory of 'so bad that it's good'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Seeing threads started by people who have closed their accounts.

Why does boards have to show the OP under the thread name. Constant reminder, especially when it is a poster I liked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

erica74 wrote: »
    Fucking Irish fucking rail.
    We're 30 minutes into a 2 hour, 10 minute train journey and there's 15 people standing in our carriage alone. The train was just outside Kildare when the button was pressed to display names above seats so there's anger in the carriage. I'm fine in my seat because I booked it but I'd say 3/4 of the people in my carriage are sitting in someone else's seat.

Yeah, the thing is the extra money you pay to book a seat means nothing...if someone sits in a pre-booked seat... legally they can stay there and all you can do is claim back the cost of the charge from Irish rail....
    Most times people will move if you ask...but my TA is the fcker who won't move...

Auto correct.

I feel your pain bones,I'm back to my course tomorrow after two weeks off :(

*bro hugs*

giphy.gif

:pac:

Work is sh1t for the vast majority. My friend cut his hours back to part time and also cut back on his spending accordingly bit he is happier than he has been in years and doesn't want to be full time ever again.

Ah my job ain't too bad to be honest pt. I'd just rather run free in the wild. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I've rang work 3 times so far today to get my hours. Still don't have them. Why we have to ring at all is a TA, couldn't they just have a group chat and send the roster out to us instead of us having to call reception and get them to tell us our hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy is the cheesiest show I've ever seen. Everyone is so cool and smooth. It's almost in the catagory of 'so bad that it's good'

It’s SO cheesy. So much so that I can’t take the violent parts seriously.

giphy.gif

:pac:

Ahahahahahaha :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Being told I need new shoes for a wedding.....bloody hell....I have a perfect pair of black shoes that I wear with my suit....I wear the shoes about twice a year...usually at weddings if I'm unlucky enough to be invited......complete waste of money buying shoes that are left in the cupboard....

****ing shoes...gggrrrrt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I know I've posted this rant before but people dissing my profession are my TA. Would love to make everyone who goes off into a rant when they hear what I work as do it for a day and see if it softens their cough on the "lazy and useless" myth...

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    shoes that are left in the cupboard....

****ing shoes...gggrrrrt

Beside the cornflakes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement