Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I got 18 missed calls off my sister and when I rang her back there was no answer. 18 missed calls!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You weren't her "Phone a friend" on "Who wants to be a millionaire", were you?

New Home wrote: »
    You weren't her "Phone a friend" on "Who wants to be a millionaire", were you?

I'd say she would have a problem even getting past the first answer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

I got 18 missed calls off my sister and when I rang her back there was no answer. 18 missed calls!!!

Ass dial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

TG1 wrote: »
    my profession

I'm intrigued, what is your profession, I'm guessing you work for Irish Water :D All jokes aside I can understand because I work for an organisation that wouldn't be that well liked either so I've gotten to the stage of not telling people where I work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

GoneHome wrote: »
    I'm intrigued, what is your profession, I'm guessing you work for Irish Water :D
    Traffic Warden ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

4Ad wrote: »
    Traffic Warden ??

Proctologist?

Ass dial?

No just a crazy ass biatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I know I've posted this rant before but people dissing my profession are my TA

Actually it could be any of a list of professions - Garda, HSE, Council, Irish Water, Teacher, Consultant, Auctioneer, the list goes on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No just a crazy ass biatch.

That's not a job, that's a vocation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Those nights when the duvet cover just clings to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Having to decide to not book the 3 days away because the money could be needed elsewhere. It really sucks, I was looking forward to it because there won't be even a slight holiday in 2 years but couldn't justify it.

I'll spend my days on the decking out front dipping my feet in a bucket of water and if I feel frisky I'll visit the glorious beaches of Courtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stormthecastle

selfish commuters who dont give a crap about anyone else but themselves. For the crowded luas they will lean against the poll and not move down the aisle etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Frigating wrote: »
    Those nights when the duvet cover just clings to you.

Nothing worse :(. I ended up taking the duvet off the bed in all the heat and put on a big throw that I would usually use on the sofa. I keep waking up wound up like a fcukin mummy in it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

selfish commuters who dont give a crap about anyone else but themselves. For the crowded luas they will lean against the poll and not move down the aisle etc etc.

We'll get to my TA in a bit but this!!! Limped on to LUAS this morning hoping to get a seat - and there's a lanky streak of cow p**s STANDING in front of a seat!!!!

Why ??????? If evil thoughts work he just be slumped over his desk ...... now. **THUD**

My TA. In a bar in Manchester on Friday, asked for a pint of Stella. They brought me some Spanish garbage called "Estrella".

Told them they had it wrong. "But it's about the same". No, you will bring me what I ordered!!!

Not usually THAT person - but it's like ordered Chateau Lafitte 1992 and getting told "well this dog pee wrung out of a tramp's bobble hat is about the same...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I work part-time in a museum during the week, and there is a fella with autism and other needs that comes in for a few hours every Thursday and Friday. Basically under the pretense to do the odd job here and there, but it's mainly seen as a good way to help him stick to a routine.

Anyway, he was in the last day I was on, and while I understand his condition, he does get in the way on occasion. One of my colleagues went down to get some office supplies just at the same time the other fella went down to Starbucks for his usual morning visit. Came back with an extra large blueberry cheesecake frappucino. Technicolour brilliance.

Anyway, my colleague returned with office supplies and in the meantime the frappucino was placed on a shelf directly below the trajectory of the till for the cash register. Of course, I never noticed the positioning of said frappucino (the shelf is sort of out of your line of vision) and when I opened the till to sort out the receipts, it knocked over and spilled EVERYWHERE.

Cue wild animation from the fella saying I should have moved it (although my work colleague was quick to point out that he shouldn't have left it there to begin with.) and me not only having to clean up the whole mess but also having to shell out €5.40 for a replacement. You'd swear I had killed his cat or something.

Not alone did the place stick of dairy for the rest of what was a warm day, but the area of the floor was filthy when I came in this morning. This is why I don't drink coffee! But on the flip-side, I gained a new-found appreciation for those who work in that field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I am in a job three months and received an invitation to a going away lunch for someone that is leaving. I think I spoke to him once and he's not on my team so I declined. I'll sign his card and wish him all the best but I didn't want to go to his lunch.

My TA is my manager ringing me and texting me when I was in the canteen asking where was I and why wasn't I going.

I don't get paid for my lunch hour and I honestly don't see the issue. I never accepted the invitation in the first place. It's not like I accepted it and never bothered to show up

I've no doubt this will be said to me at a later stage hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Click on the cog at the bottom of the video and de-select "annotations", it should work.

It doesn't.

mikemac2 wrote: »

The only reason I knew he was there was I heard the letterbox where he put the "sorry we missed you bla bla" notice.

I asked my manager to approve a memo before I sent it around:

Manager (after reading the first line): You forgot to include X
    Me: Read the second line
    Manager: OK, it's there.

Pure Dilbert :)

• Advertisement

storker wrote: »
    It doesn't.

Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AlphaOmega1

High waist jeans that girlos use to cover all that belly fat up. They have them practically half way up their chest at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

High waist jeans that girlos use to cover all that belly fat up. They have them practically half way up their chest at this stage.
    Now you have it. Why do girls want to look like auld fellas in their 80's?
    TA that as time passes it gets harder and harder to buy a normal pair of jeans or t-shirt what with all the stupid new styles that are taking over.

Now you have it. Why do girls want to look like auld fellas in their 80's?
    TA that as time passes it gets harder and harder to buy a normal pair of jeans or t-shirt what with all the stupid new styles that are taking over.

TA - girls who wear boyfriend jeans etc, merely so they can say they have a boyfriend!

Who cares!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

I don't actually know WHAT they are but my students tell me there are clothes called "boyfriend jeans", "boyfriend sweaters" etc.

I suspect it means baggy ???

Beats me tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Back at ya!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I don't actually know WHAT they are but my students tell me there are clothes called "boyfriend jeans", "boyfriend sweaters" etc.

I suspect it means baggy ???

Beats me tbh!
    The boyfriend jeans I like(there are a few kinds) are loose fit around the legs/thighs and I assume the bum. Similar to men's trousers without the tapering below the knee, I see on my girls, b/f jeans are torn at the knees and a bit baggier. But that is in comparison to the skinny jeans that are popular atm.

TA that I can't get the only kind of jeans I should wear with my 'curvey' figure anymore.

At my wits end trying to find a banking type institution that will pay my c/t's, has atm card and let me do in branch(NOT online/phone) transactions:mad::eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

erica74 wrote: »
    Fucking Irish fucking rail.
    We're 30 minutes into a 2 hour, 10 minute train journey and there's 15 people standing in our carriage alone. The train was just outside Kildare when the button was pressed to display names above seats so there's anger in the carriage. I'm fine in my seat because I booked it but I'd say 3/4 of the people in my carriage are sitting in someone else's seat.

I just listened to a statement on the radio given by Irish Rail to Conor McGregor's father because he got too many coins out of the ticket machine at the Dart station. Is this real life?
    My train was 15 minutes late departing on Friday evening, the train yesterday was a shit show, this sort of stuff happens regularly and ticket prices are absolutely scandalous, I could go on... but Irish Rail have time to issue a statement to Conor McGregor's father because he's Conor McGregor's father.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

erica74 wrote: »
    I just listened to a statement on the radio given by Irish Rail to Conor McGregor's father because he got too many coins out of the ticket machine at the Dart station. Is this real life?
    My train was 15 minutes late departing on Friday evening, the train yesterday was a shit show, this sort of stuff happens regularly and ticket prices are absolutely scandalous, I could go on... but Irish Rail have time to issue a statement to Conor McGregor's father because he's Conor McGregor's father.

The entire CIE group are a bunch of ass clowns that couldn't run an effective business if their life's depended on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

“Ireland is hotter than Costa del Something” headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Bra straps, handbag straps, buggy straps and seat belts are the bane of my life lately. Twisty ba$tards the lot of them :(
    The 6 yr old constantly at this "I'll do a deal with you , Mam" lark in an effort to get what she wants is exhausting.
    One of my favourite characters being killed off in a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i frequently get tired and fall asleep with my head tilted down during the heat we've been having , and wake up with neck sweat.

Feet are so sweaty i nearly slip on the wooden floors.TA

I have two unwanted guests. Large, noisy, and dangerous. They fell out of the flue. Hornets as large as my thumbs. Cargo planes, really.

Please get out. I've left all the windows open, and the floodlights on to guide you out. Please get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have two unwanted guests. Large, noisy, and dangerous. They fell out of the flue. Hornets as large as my thumbs. Cargo planes, really.

Please get out. I've left all the windows open, and the floodlights on to guide you out. Please get out.

Flame thrower is the only solution Newie.

TA at the return of the hot muggy nights again.

But that would singe the net curtains, Ted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

But that would singe the net curtains, Ted!

Hornets are attracted to them.

Well they do have good taste.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have two unwanted guests. Large, noisy, and dangerous.

I hate when the inlaws visit too.

• Advertisement

In other business: I love watermelon, but I hate, hate, hate its side effects... :/ At least I know my kidneys are in perfect working order. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My mother pulling at the skin on her feet while I'm on the couch next to her. Please can you not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

There are some really annoying people in my work place, talking loud seems to be the norm at this place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm awake, that's my TA. Woke up freezing and bursting for a pee. Then had that awful thing of being sick as I am so congested. Ugh. Will not get to sleep again now till five minutes before the alarm goes off. It's half past five and I'm TA'd already. Good day in the making already....................

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm awake, that's my TA. Woke up freezing and bursting for a pee. Then had that awful thing of being sick as I am so congested. Ugh. Will not get to sleep again now till five minutes before the alarm goes off. It's half past five and I'm TA'd already. Good day in the making already....................

Stay where you are and phone in sick if Ya can :/

My tá is í have to get up soon :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Fukety fuk fuk! Why can't money grow on trees so we can avoid having to work?

Fukety fuk fuk! Why can't money grow on trees so we can avoid having to work?

Amen brother!

Adverts for banks pretending that they have a lifelong touchy-feely relationship with customers.

It's enough to make you feel slighty ill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Took a taxi home from work this am, had a nice chat with driver.

When he pulled up outside the house, I handed him 10e for an 8.50e fare, was never offered the change, even tho I would have been happy to tip him the difference, had I gotten it back.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Finally got the appointment to see my orthopaedic consultant - hospital is miles away from home, and a couple of hours away from work an in the middle of the day.

Boss expects me to come in work first and then be back after!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement