Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Bredabe wrote: »
    Took a taxi home from work this am, had a nice chat with driver.

When he pulled up outside the house, I handed him 10e for an 8.50e fare, was never offered the change, even tho I would have been happy to tip him the difference, had I gotten it back.

Oh that gets on my wick!!!!

So annoying the assumption!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

storker wrote: »
    Adverts for banks pretending that they have a lifelong touchy-feely relationship with customers.

It's enough to make you feel slighty ill...

Eugh. "We're backing brave". F*ck off with your deliberate misuse of the English language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Oh that gets on my wick!!!!

So annoying the assumption!!

Or when they deliberately count out change really slowly to make you squirm as you sit there waiting for it :pac:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Or when they deliberately count out change really slowly to make you squirm as you sit there waiting for it :pac:

One tried this with me coming back from a trip "I've got no fivers".

Could see them in his wallet, was trying to take advantage of my knackered and beered state to get a tenner for a five euro fare!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One tried this with me coming back from a trip "I've got no fivers".

Could see them in his wallet, was trying to take advantage of my knackered and beered state to get a tenner for a five euro fare!!!!

There it is, as he hadn't even offered change, I felt he was taking advantage as I was unlikely to report him.

Plenty of drivers I know by looking at them would try that, it was particularly annoying as we had been talking about how visitors were being ripped off in the city as it was.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Coats.
    It's impossible to find one that fits properly.

All the sleeves stop about an inch or inch and a half above the wrist!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've had a cold which led to a sinus infection which has finally mostly cleared. But every time I open my mouth to talk, there is a small clicking noise in my sinus before the first word comes out.

Rather annoying.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Coats.
    It's impossible to find one that fits properly.

All the sleeves stop about an inch or inch and a half above the wrist!

Read that as "cats" !!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Read that as "cats" !!!!

As in "pyjamas"?

That would have made sense, too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA today is that the "last unread post" button for the TH thread brings me to the Glen Hansard AMA page. Again! :/

New Home wrote: »
    My TA today is that the "last unread post" button for the TH thread brings me to the Glen Hansard AMA page. Again! :/

Not at all trivial - the man is an utter pox!

My TA for now - I've waited 5 years for a consultant appointment and only got it because the VHI kicked in.

Mentioned it to someone - who asked what the pills were I was taking (v strong opiate painkillers FYI) and when I explained the story said "are you not ashamed going private when there are kids dying on trolleys ??".

What the actual f..... ????

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Burn whatever device you are using. It's possessed.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Burn whatever device you are using. It's possessed.

Unless it's a Samsung Galaxy - anything above a J3, then I'll have it.

Er for the purposed of exorcism only!!! ;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When the person who talks over me constantly says 'you're very quiet today'

X Bank write to me to say they are switching me to estatments, despite that, I have asked a million time they make note of my SLD, which negates me being capable of working with any figures on a screen.

Found boy dog is a state when I got in, went to change and found as expected girl dog asleep on my quilt, she had somehow managed to turn my 'lady toy' on and was happily lying on top of it as it buzzed away, she looked very relaxed but it's wasting my battery!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    When the person who talks over me constantly says 'you're very quiet today'

X Bank write to me to say they are switching me to estatments, despite that, I have asked a million time they make note of my SLD, which negates me being capable of working with any figures on a screen.

Found boy dog is a state when I got in, went to change and found as expected girl dog asleep on my quilt, she had somehow managed to turn my 'lady toy' on and was happily lying on top of it as it buzzed away, she looked very relaxed but it's wasting my battery!

Lol!!!!!! This is why the dog has his own room!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

" we are pregnant " spoken by a male

No , she is pregnant , you are expecting a baby

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    " we are pregnant " spoken by a male

No , she is pregnant , you are expecting a baby

Add to that men who want to go through "the experience".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I fell off me bike this evening, the person whose car/tractor which leaked a large amount of diesel on the road will probably never have good luck again with the curses I put on them.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People saying ''full fat'' Coke. It's just Coke or Coca-Cola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Full sugar Coke makes more sense but yeah it's coke or Coca Cola

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    People saying ''full fat'' Coke. It's just Coke or Coca-Cola.

Agreed!!!!!

TA - being referred to as :English". Merely for having the temerity to arrive far too early and be born in the UK.

If that was said to someone of colour lets say Mo Farah - the racism accusations would be flying thick and fast.

How is it not offensive ????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I bought stuffed chicken breasts yesterday and none of my gang wanted a dinner this evening so I'm cooking them now because the freezer is full..ta that they're the size of small turkeys...on an hour and not done yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Men actually say that o_O?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

When people say the Irish have been everywhere across the globe, we literally emigrated to former dominions of the British Empire and Argentina. Compare that to the Polish for instance who have a diaspora scattered throughout Europe and North and South America. Irish had barely any emigration to mainland Europe in anytime resembling modern history.

Well I'd use the word "men" very loosely in their case seph..I can think of more appropriate words 😂

So the baby stuffed turkeys are finally done..cue the offspring emerging from their rooms...starving now seemingly..so I've made practically a full fresh Brennan's slice pan of sandwiches here with Hunky Dorys on the side...the tail is definitely wagging the dog in this house ffs.

Yeah I know one at least who said "I wish I could give birth instead of her".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Colser wrote: »
    Well I'd use the word "men" very loosely in their case seph..I can think of more appropriate words ��

Sweet mother of......... :-|
    So the baby stuffed turkeys are finally done..cue the offspring emerging from their rooms...starving now seemingly..so I've made practically a full fresh Brennan's slice pan of sandwiches here with Hunky Dorys on the side..

*licks lips and drools*

Ta'd Hungry now for another chicken sandwich :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

D1ckheads who pull up at the last vacant fuel pump and swan off into the garage without getting fuel.

Fcuking cocktards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Being suddenly hungry again at 11:30pm!

Tried on 3 pairs of jeans today and bought 1...just took them out of the bag now for the morning and realised that I bought the wrong pair..fuming with myself .

• Advertisement

Tried on 3 pairs of jeans today and bought 1...just took them out of the bag now for the morning and realised that I bought the wrong pair..fuming with myself .

This. Something going wrong and there being no one else to blame but yourself!!!!

This. Something going wrong and there being no one else to blame but yourself!!!!

Honestly I'm fuming..had planned what I was going to wear with them and all...I'm making way too many ridiculous mistakes recently..I'm blaming those damn f*ing hormones.😳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Go for it, I don't think women particularly want to go through the pain and discomfort of pregnancy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People wearing skinny jeans in the hot weather. That has to be uncomfortable.

I tried on a pair once, got stuck, and fell over in the changing room making a hell of a racket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Card being declined in a shop but it is actually a technical issue. It happened to me today. I know I'd plenty of funds available and I noticed the till took a long time to receive a response from the bank which suggested to me a technical problem. Thankfully, I had cash on me but the sales assistant said it was declined.

I was in a different shop about 10 mins later and no problem.

I used to be a till trainer in a department store years ago and I would always tell people to be careful about mistaking error messages for declined messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Contact lenses and suncream fingers..
    Nuf said.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people say "thanks, I just spat tea all over my screen/keyboard!!!"

No you didn't. You read something slightly amusing and that's all. There's no tea on your laptop. Stop lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someones house alarm has been going off for aaaaages and it'a driving me insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

jamesbere wrote: »
    There are some really annoying people in my work place, talking loud seems to be the norm at this place

Really have to stop sitting in the same place at break. It's 3am why people so perky

• Advertisement

The LUAS this morning.

Wagon with a pushchair the size of a small car parks it right between the door and the yellow handrail things (the round ones in the middle).

Eejit gets on stop before I get off and stands by the door. (Note there is plenty of room inside!!)

I come to get off and someone has to move - ideally laddo at the door, just step off.

I nearly missed the stop as people were getting on!! Why are people so selfish????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Some of the thread titles of fitness logs. Some of them are fairly pretentious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

They say it is rude to talk with your mouth full, well it is ruder to wait until someone has just put a forkfull of food in to their mouth and to then ask them a question and gawk like a goldfish waiting for a reply :mad:

They say it is rude to talk with your mouth full, well it is ruder to wait until someone has just put a forkfull of food in to their mouth and to then ask them a question and gawk like a goldfish waiting for a reply :mad:

+1. And then say ".. well ??" meaning you have to swallow like Jordan on a first date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Piles. Oh my poor hoop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

First day back in work after me holliers. Hold me.

Also, Delta airlines. I have never experienced such staggering levels of incompetence and cockwomblery in my life.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    First day back in work after me holliers. Hold me.

Also, Delta airlines. I have never experienced such staggering levels of incompetence and cockwomblery in my life.

TA - that my comment of earlier "geebaggery" has now been superceded!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Having an unreal (non-sexual) dream about (non-sexual) adventures playing out like a Hollywood movie.....and the fecking alarm going off before it ends

Having an unreal (non-sexual) dream about (non-sexual) adventures playing out like a Hollywood movie.....and the fecking alarm going off before it ends

I dreamt last night there was an alligator in my bath and he complained that I called him a crocodile.

No TV before bed for me!

Are you sure it wasn't a cayman?

Are you sure it wasn't a cayman?

He said he was an alligator - but unless he was trying to confuse me lol!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement