Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You know the way when you are going for an interview for a new job they say you should picture your interviewer naked?

I had to be the interviewer this morning and had that thought stuck in my head. Freaked me out that she was visualising me butt naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I thought that there was an unwritten rule (actually, now that I think about it, there probably is also a written rule) about discussing abortion in the workplace. Politics, religion, abortion, the rules of the road, diet and exercise - these topics are sure to get a big row going, and you really don't need that stress in a workplace that is stressful enough already.
    I just had to endure 2 colleagues discussing how Leo is a disgrace and then a radio interview that was done a couple of weeks ago during which abortion was discussed. NOT APPROPRIATE.
    I'm all for a healthy debate but abortion is something that is rarely discussed rationally and the workplace does not benefit from irrational discussions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Puzzled about what caused a drastic change in attitude towards me, when nothing had changed in my attitude or manner, waiting in a hospital this am it struck me that the "Adult" closest to these young people has form for bad mouthing people behind their back to control the narrative.

This person had a life-changing illness a dozen or so years ago and had changed this behavior when she saw what side her bread was buttered on, raging I forgot that she was like that and hadn't put up the appropriate defenses to protect myself.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ah feck - left my wash bag behind me, it's 100 km away, not really stuck for anything in it and will be back there soon, but still annoying.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Knex. wrote: »
    If you need someone to call it or anything, give me a shout.

Also, find my phone Android: https://www.google.com/android/find

And iPhone: https://www.icloud.com/#find

Thanks, already all done... I tried ringing, it hasn't been online, I have used the find my phone but it's not showed up as online...I did do an erase anyways...it is password protected, but not taking any chances :F

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

anna080 wrote: »
    Some bizarre pukey virus that decided to visit me at an ungodly hour

Norovirus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who take the last of something out of a packet but leave the empty pack there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who take the last of something out of a packet but leave the empty pack there :mad:

I expect you to get 1000 likes on this post because this has to be one of the most annoying things ever!! My husband does this all the time so I'll be doing my grocery shopping on the laptop, have a quick glance in the fridge/press and see the packaging off of something and think there's some left but there fucking isn't:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bums who put an empty or near empty milk carton back in the fridge.
    Bums who leave used teabags in the sink.
    Bums who leave a collection of half empty cups of tea all over the place, esp on the floor waiting to be kicked and spilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

glynf wrote: »
    That Jaguar 'Drive Like Everyone’s Watching' ad on newstalk, prime example of utter cringe inducing marketing ****.

It's an English made car,
    driving around English streets
    with English cops on horses
    driving on the left side of the road

Why is the fecking thing a LEFT hand drive car????:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My voice is nearly gone. I sound a bit like Marge Simpson atm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Builders who park anywhere and everywhere close to building sites

Builders clogging up the cafe beside my work place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Bredabe wrote: »
    Puzzled about what caused a drastic change in attitude towards me, when nothing had changed in my attitude or manner, waiting in a hospital this am it struck me that the "Adult" closest to these young people has form for bad mouthing people behind their back to control the narrative.

This person had a life-changing illness a dozen or so years ago and had changed this behavior when she saw what side her bread was buttered on, raging I forgot that she was like that and hadn't put up the appropriate defenses to protect myself.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wut?!?

I don't have a Chest Infection. I don't have a Cold. I don't have that extreme 'Flu that's killing people. I have a bit of everything and it's pure annoying. :mad: I wish I would get an outright Chest Infection and be done with it, or a dog's dinner of a Cold, and at least then I would know I have a Cold and could retire to bed for the week. But I have neither and a bit of both at the same time, and it's a major p.i.t.a. I'm not smothered with a runny nose, I'm not hoarse with a chesty Cough. I still have a really bad Cough, but it isn't a sniffly sneezy thing, and it isn't a hoarse chesty thing. It's likely the beginnings of a Chest Infection, - it's a catchy raspy hard-to-breathe, dry horrid tickly cough, with a Sore Throat to add to the mix and it makes me want to gag and retch and heave... Yayyy... :rolleyes::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

want to open a bank account - feck me boi make it torture then i don't think it will even do what i want :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

James Corden

I need to buy clothes but I've no money. :(

And I've about 4 Refuse Sacks full of Clothes that were too big or too small or didn't suit, and I would love to find someone to sell for me or buy off me or something but it's a bit of a non-happener...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Spent the whole day bringing the kids in my class to port-a-loos. A huge novelty of course which meant they ALL had to go. I used so much hand sanitizer, my skin is going to fall off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Bums who put an empty or near empty milk carton back in the fridge.

NO! I am standing up against this comment. I use the tiniest smallest amount of milk in my tea, the amount of times some inconsiderate so n so will throw out the last drop. It mightnt have been enough for you but it was enough for me aaarrrghhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

We have fairly decent IT security in work, but every now and again you’d always get one of those ‘Russian Wives’ spam emails, which you’d spot a mile away and just delete! A Trivial Annoyance if ever there was one!

Now we’ve got some super spam finder killer type service going which identifies the dodgy emails before they get to us!! Great, TA dealt with!!

New TA: getting an email from the super spam finder Every Time it detects and withholds a spam email!!!

So 1 annoying email replaced by another!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We have fairly decent IT security in work, but every now and again you’d always get one of those ‘Russian Wives’ spam emails, which you’d spot a mile away and just delete! A Trivial Annoyance if ever there was one!

Now we’ve got some super spam finder killer type service going which identifies the dodgy emails before they get to us!! Great, TA dealt with!!

New TA: getting an email from the super spam finder Every Time it detects and withholds a spam email!!!

Our one sends us a mail when it finds one, then sends us reminders as well!
    And to manage them you need to open another tool in a browser although the options of what you want to do are in the original email.
    Pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Traffic. Two gear tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The use by dates wearing off of spice/ herb jar lids. Also that I rarely use enough of any of them and end up throwing them out.
    When it isn't clear on packaging if it is recylable or not. I turned over a plastic raspberry punnet to check if it was and of all things there was a dishwasher symbol on it , WTF :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm so sick. Proper fcuking miserably unwell. Have been on and off for ages and finally when I spent Sunday night choking I decided to go to the doctor to see if I had actually got an infection. I did of course, throat and chest. Throat is particularly bad apparently. Today I think I now also have a sinus infection.

None of that is my TA though. I'm sitting here in serious agony wondering how long it's going to take for my Nurofen cold and flu to give just a tiny bit of relief.

TA I realised I never actually took them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Dial Hard wrote: »

My wife is worse .. she uses up almost all of a packet of something, but leaves the tiniest amount behind, 3 or 4 leaves of salad, half a slice of ham, etc. and then hides it at the back of the fridge where nobody can see it until it's way past its use by date or gone mouldy.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Booked an appointment in the doctor for 17.00, arrive a few minutes early at 16.50. Not seen until 18.20.

I'd say it's a regular complaint but doctor's "Next please" policy instead of calling out a name is very irritating. There's nothing stopping people without appointments just sitting in the waiting room and going in ahead of me. If they were there before me I'd (and I assume most people) wouldn't challenge their right to go next.

I've to go back to the doctor tomorrow and will for sure be bringing a phone charger with me for the wait as my battery went last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just overheard the receptionist giving out that her doctor won't prescribe her antibiotics for her viral infection :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Nose hair!!!

It grows at the rate of rhodedendrons in Kerry! I trimmed mine, along with eyebrows and ears a couple of night ago.
    This morning it looked like There was a tarantula trying to escape from my nose. I need to upgrade to a diesel powered trimmer.

If it would only grow on my head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Let them all grow long enough, and you'd have yourself a comb-over. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

BreG-Zit

Why are they pronouncing it with a G and a Z?
    It's Exit with a Br in front of it FFS!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Nose hair!!!

It grows at the rate of rhodedendrons in Kerry! I trimmed mine, along with eyebrows and ears a couple of night ago.
    This morning it looked like There was a tarantula trying to escape from my nose. I need to upgrade to a diesel powered trimmer.

If it would only grow on my head.

I tried trimming it once and the prickly ends irritated my nose for days after. Plucking only for me. Though that can make your eyes water. Funnily enough they only grow in my right nostril.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Got a new computer in work. It's a top of the line macbook pro. It's also my first proper experience with mac. That means that I'm googling stuff like "How to lock a mac" And when I find it's the "Command, option, eject" keys I'm googling "What's the eject key"

After a week I'm used to it but I'm still unable to lock it without it going to sleep which means I can't go to lunch and let it run stuff by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grayson wrote: »
    Got a new computer in work. It's a top of the line macbook pro. It's also my first proper experience with mac. That means that I'm googling stuff like "How to lock a mac" And when I find it's the "Command, option, eject" keys I'm googling "What's the eject key"

After a week I'm used to it but I'm still unable to lock it without it going to sleep which means I can't go to lunch and let it run stuff by itself.

Set a hot corner, put it to something like Start Screen Saver. Should lock the screen but prevent your Mac from going to sleep.

Also means you'll then be able to lock your screen simply by moving your mouse to the desired corner, e.g. top left.

System Preferences, go to “Mission Control” and click the “Hot Corners” button in the lower corner. Configure from there.

If a password isn't automatically required after screen saver, go to Security > General and there's a check box there where you can set how long after screen saver is triggered do you require password - immediately, 5 seconds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Under pressure re: getting work done for work, having a day of carpenters glaziers the plumber and painter - ' and today is the day I've been struck down with a bug. Feeling smug all winter cause usually I catch everything but this year I caught nothing, it was waiting to fûck me while I was busiest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm sorry in advance for this.

If you are eating, best you skip this post and move onto another thread.

Ahem... here goes.

In the men's toilet in work here, there is some bloke who uses the toilet and leaves one (always just the one) lone, singular, pube balancing on the toilet seat. It has happened on a number of occasions now.

Would you not wipe down the seat after you use the loo? What kind of barbarian am I working with here? I mean, he is one step above the basic animal on the evolutionary scale.

I can also tell you the guy is not one for personal grooming given the length of it.

Every time it happens, I lose another little bit of faith in the world :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I received an e-mail this afternoon from a colleague who manages consistently to misspell "etc" as "ect". It's the abbreviation of "et cetera" not "ec tetera"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Have to stamp documents every so often in work and being new enough never had my own stamp. One of the lads moved teams and gave me his stamp before Christmas. Came back off honeymoon and its gone. Rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Getting an email today from Aer Lingus telling me it’s cold, and that I should book flights to the sun.... the day after I booked flights to the sun..... with Aer Lingus

:/

A durty rotten big surprise lump of a
    Coldsore

Also not having someone to go to the Shop for me. I could do with buying another Cough Bottle and a Bottle of Ribena. Some boiled Blackcurrant would be nice. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Mosquitos..... bloody things are having a feast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When you change gas provider it asks for a reading, you give it you get the welcome pack with T's&C's...
    30 days later they email you asking for another, but cant seem to give it online or by phone (robot) a few days later got another request looking for a reading, so rang again waited for a person, got through, I hadn't been changed over...HOW, I got the welcome pack, got an account number, was asked for a reading..

10 days after being connected, (took 40 days from initial date) I had E50.68 taken from my account for it, for 10 days service?

I rang them again, "It's the service you signed up to, fixed monthly payments"

NO I didn't, it's not mentioned anywhere in the plan I signed up to, it says bi monthly billing and variable direct debit.

The answer.... gotta love this.....You get bi-monthly billing, but pay E50.56 monthly, to off set.
    WTF does that mean?

Got E50.56 taken from my account again today, Still haven't received one bill from them yet.

Time for another phone call and a rant methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Should be easy enough to set up a rule in Outlook or whatever email client you use to automatically move all emails from a given sender and/or a given subject line to a specified folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Steve F wrote: »
    BreG-Zit

Why are they pronouncing it with a G and a Z?
    It's Exit with a Br in front of it FFS!!!!!!

A friend of mine pronounces it BREE-exit. It really sets my teeth on edge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spicy pasta sauce making my stomach windy. Not buying that brand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Noo wrote: »
    NO! I am standing up against this comment. I use the tiniest smallest amount of milk in my tea, the amount of times some inconsiderate so n so will throw out the last drop. It mightnt have been enough for you but it was enough for me aaarrrghhhh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Head is melted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Just spent far too long having a fap, took me ages to finish. I think it's time to give my magic wand a rest because I'm becoming desensitised. TA'd that I am being punished for overfapping :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you read a conversation someone thinks you're never going to see and see yourself being called a whore and accused of cheating and having your lips done so you can suck harder. Wouldn't mind but the person who said it looks like she was set on fire and put out with a shovel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

People ragging on January! Leave January alone! I think it’s a great month! (Not biased)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

People who hold up queues at shops, cinemas, busses etc by fishing and fidgeting around with tiny loose change in their hand/purse to give the shop attendant. Grrrr!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

mikemac2 wrote:
    When I start looking at RIP.ie I know I'll have turned into my parents and be officially old

I've been doing this recently, I'm only 34 (for the next few weeks away).

Was TA'd at everyone yesterday, had a short fuse all day. Managed to limit it to only one outburst.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement