Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah well, if he introduced himself then it's a whole other kettle of fish. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

New Home wrote: »
    Ah well, if he introduced himself then it's a whole other kettle of fish. :D

Practically pals now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now, the question is, was he in your bathtub, or were you in his?

Also, you haven't been reading the bath vs. shower thread before bed, have you?

Now, the question is, was he in your bathtub, or were you in his?

Also, you haven't been reading the bath vs. shower thread before bed, have you?

No, but I feel I probably should now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Turned up at work for my 8am shift this morning. Turns out I wasn't meant to be there, the girl on reception who gave me my hours on Sunday confused me with another girl who has a similar name and gave me her hours instead. And then, when the manager said one of us could go home, she said "Oh I'll go!" she was the one who was rostered to be on, but she fecked off and so I had to cover her shift :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Splashed out and bought a tin of iced tea mix from amazon, not cheap off the shelf let alone on daweb.
    Had a look at a localish online american food shop, while cheaper, their min spend means that amazon is cheaper.:mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We normally have 3 or 4 people in the office battling with each other over the air con controls.

There is only 1 of them in today, and they are in a temperature regulation battle with themselves! They've changed the temp about 6 or 7 times today so far.

Air con is a nightmare, it's the drafts it causes that kill you, and the temperature is never right. I think that's where the "con" comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Air con is a nightmare, it's the drafts it causes that kill you, and the temperature is never right. I think that's where the "con" comes from.

Most so-called air-conditioning systems in this country are installed by clodhoppers who don't actually know what it is, as opposed to proper HVAC technicians/engineers, and are never subsequently serviced or maintained properly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    Most so-called air-conditioning systems in this country are installed by clodhoppers who don't actually know what it is, as opposed to proper HVAC technicians/engineers, and are never subsequently serviced or maintained properly.

Our place had the old system ripped out and engineers come in and survey, gauge, measure everything before putting the new system in.
    It's just a shame that there are too many control panels around the office that people abuse and don't give the system a chance to regulate itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Our place had the old system ripped out and engineers come in and survey, gauge, measure everything before putting the new system in.
    It's just a shame that there are too many control panels around the office that people abuse and don't give the system a chance to regulate itself.

...and the clodhoppers in charge of installing and maintaining some of these things are nothing - nothing, I tells ye! - to some of the clodhoppers who's comfort they are supposed to ensure. Repeat after me - "It's a climate control system, it is fully automated, thermostatted and sensored, it does not need to be told to blow cold air up your hole, now kindly fuck off from that panel and let the hideously expensive device do it's job!!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No I don't feckin want Prepay Power, ringing the bell and knocking.

If I want to change energy I'll do it myself - not to some uninvited person at the door.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Turned up at work for my 8am shift this morning. Turns out I wasn't meant to be there, the girl on reception who gave me my hours on Sunday confused me with another girl who has a similar name and gave me her hours instead. And then, when the manager said one of us could go home, she said "Oh I'll go!" she was the one who was rostered to be on, but she fecked off and so I had to cover her shift :rolleyes:

What a ****ty, selfish thing to do. And your manager was a dope for not telling you to go seeing as you weren't supposed to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Noisy language students blocking up doorways & pavements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People who use their time in such an inefficient way . Does my organised and efficient brain in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Why cant I wake up early any more!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

In heavy traffic, cute fcukers who slip out to drive on the hard shoulder in an effort of pass everyone else. Not going to leave chancers like those rejoin the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People who jump to "blame the newbie" in a work situation. It's not always the newbie who made a mistake....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm rife with TAs:
    • If I open my windows, I can hear the 30 kids in my street shouting and screaming so uncomfortably loud, but if I close my windows, I start to sweat profusely and my asthma doesn't agree with that kind of stuffiness - it's a genuine dilemma.
    • My head ****ing hurts and I've no paracetamol.
    • I went to bed at 2am last night and woke up at half 7 this morning, on my 5th coffee today and my eyes are bloodshot as a result.
    • I want a take-away so bad and I'm broke
    • Referring back to the loud kids, 4 of my neighbours all coincidentally got trampolines over the last 5 weeks, so the kids are not only loud, but they're now much closer to my house - making them extremely loud - this goes on until 11.30 at night, sometimes the teenagers stay out til after 12 being just as loud.
    • I live near Waterford Airport and it seems to be a popular spot for people to rent a plane over the summer, the sound of a propeller plane goes off at least 5 times in a day where I am.
    • More stupid kids going around to the back of my house behind the fence and teasing my dogs to get a reaction out of them (because "ha ha they're at the other end of the fence that means it's okay")
    I'M ON A ****ING ROLE TODAY

• Advertisement

You need earplugs, badly! And I completely empathise, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I'm rife with TAs:
    • If I open my windows, I can hear the 30 kids in my street shouting and screaming so uncomfortably loud, but if I close my windows, I start to sweat profusely and my asthma doesn't agree with that kind of stuffiness - it's a genuine dilemma.
    • I went to bed at 2am last night and woke up at half 7 this morning, on my 5th coffee today and my eyes are bloodshot as a result.
    • Referring back to the loud kids, 4 of my neighbours all coincidentally got trampolines over the last 5 weeks, so the kids are not only loud, but they're now much closer to my house - making them extremely loud - this goes on until 11.30 at night, sometimes the teenagers stay out til after 12 being just as loud.
    • I live near Waterford Airport and it seems to be a popular spot for people to rent a plane over the summer, the sound of a propeller plane goes off at least 5 times in a day where I am.
    • More stupid kids going around to the back of my house behind the fence and teasing my dogs to get a reaction out of them (because "ha ha they're at the other end of the fence that means it's okay")

I have the same problem with kids playing basketball. They have plonked the net at the end of their house closest to my bedroom and living room. The noise of the ball constantly Dribbling on the tarmac is torture. And ear plugs don't drown out the noise and screams. I long for rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You need earplugs, badly! And I completely empathise, believe me.

I wear these big cans during the night so I don't wake anyone up while I'm on the PlayStation or whatever.
    3145649_R_Z001A?$Web$&$DefaultPDP570$
    but I shouldn't have to use them when there's nobody around the house or asleep.
    I am very tempted to turn on my subwoofer and rip the dial all the way up
    I have the same problem with kids playing basketball. They have plonked the net at the end of their house closest to my bedroom and living room. The noise of the ball constantly Dribbling on the tarmac is torture. And ear plugs don't drown out the noise and screams. I long for rain!
    Oh when they're in the mood they bounce a ball here, too. Rain almost erradicates them entirely, I love it. Sadly, Tramore has this weird tendency to be sunny all the time when everywhere else would be cloudy. The comparison is drawn from the fact I have a girlfriend that lives all the way up in Laois and everytime I arrive home from cloudy Kilkenny it's still scorching down here.
    T.A'd at the sun - I hate the sun. Unless I'm out in it, then it's okay. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TG1 wrote: »
    People who jump to "blame the newbie" in a work situation. It's not always the newbie who made a mistake....
    Is that you, Tibor? :P

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Noisy language students blocking up doorways & pavements.

Oh my God THIS!!!!

Swarms of them at Four Courts LUAS every morning this week. F***ing nuisances!!!!!!!!

Oh my God THIS!!!!

Swarms of them at Four Courts LUAS every morning this week. F***ing nuisances!!!!!!!!

There's about 30 or so 14 year olds down here. I thought they are supposed to learn English on their trip, not spend the day in Penneys.

• Advertisement

Oh my God THIS!!!!

There's about 30 or so 14 year olds down here. I thought they are supposed to learn English on their trip, not spend the day in Penneys.

Two of them this morning learned "fkcing geebag gobsh1te" from me.

Their parents probably spent the guts of three grand for their kids' fortnight abroad, hoping they'd improve their language skills... Money well spent. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Apt username.😂

Colser wrote: »

Apt username.😂

Oh yes!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

While I find them annoying too, especially the Italian ones (it's something deeply personal), it annoys me even more that these stupid companies offering that charge top money for their services and then don't rent a bus for them, no, just give them a Leap card and off they go! Stingy ba5tards :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Petulant Brother! lying scumbag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Boom_Bap wrote:

Bonus dingbat points to the people who open the windows while it's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

I'm rife with TAs:

100 per cent agree with this. They were screaming for hours today but I couldn't close the windows!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Holy Joes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Like, that's a really far out poem, Daddio.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Easier said than done I know Seph , but try not let it get to you , take a bit of time out for yourself if you can at all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Argos and Daft mobile websites - they have so little of the functionality of the desktop site whats the bloody point??

Getting PMs from clearly disturbed posters wanting to meet!!!! 🀀🀀🀀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Getting PMs from clearly disturbed posters wanting to meet!!!! 🀀🀀🀀

Sorry about that

Phone charger is down stairs in sitting room. Too comfy in bed to go down and get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'm rife with TAs:

I get this as I'm in a bedroom overlooking a busy road, so I get traffic and loud exhausts tearing up and down at all hours (the people with the loud exhaust cars usually with windows down 'sharing' their sh!t music), the after pub crowd; people arguing, loud talking, the odd fight. People beeping car horns dropping off/collecting people at fcuking stupid times. The plague of nattering Spanish students, god knows why they bother coming here to learn English. Can't leave the windows closed, the house is a piece of crap, cold and damp in winter and like an oven now.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Sorry about that

Lol you're grand, was someone already setting off the old spidey senses.

TA - last night on the train a woman intended to change her 2 year old at the table, got the nappy out and everything.

When told to do one - she looked surprised!!!

Phone charger is down stairs in sitting room. Too comfy in bed to go down and get it.

Got ya beat mate - mine was plugged in at the weekend and all I had to do was lift my head and pick the wire off the floor.

Couldn't be a**ed!!!!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Bonus dingbat points to the people who open the windows while it's on.

Our windows don't open, the other exact same office buildings around us have windows that open which is strange and TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm also experiencing difficulties with our AC in the office. Unfortunately I don't have a person to blame. The super smart clever college educated architects/M&E consultants who designed the office have put in thermostats for each floor which will automatically determine the correct temperature for the office and adjust the AC accordingly. Unfortunately (and shockingly) this is NOT WORKING. During the winter in the room I'm in (about 30 people) one corner of the room was registering 28 degrees on the thermometers (that they brought in themselves to measure because the facilities people didn't believe them). The other corner of the office was freezing and had 2 coats on most days.

Currently there is 2 air vents pointing at me blowing out arctic air. I'm seriously considering putting on the fingerless gloves that I keep in my drawer and the scarf that I've deliberately brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How in the name of god is it only 11.10?

How in the name of god is it only 11.10?

The gremlins keep turning the clock backwards.

Good a reason as any!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Having a tooth taken out today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People spraying deodorant in the office. Go into the bathroom, FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Local radio not known for its fact-finding told me that there was liquid water found an x planet during the week, my brain is screaming why not call it what I think it is, water! (as opposed to steam/ice)

Ref bots clogging up the timeline on twitter, while im on that, ppl tweeting min for health topics better addressed by min for housing, no doubt I'll be fed their complaints about non-responses on the timeline as well.

Ppl who don't respond to me for days, sending freaked out messages if Im not back to them by the am after they message me.

Waiting on responses to important communications x3, again and no idea when they/if they will arrive.

This online discussion about how two schools merging will affect traffic on an already clogged road. eg, one person who expressed concern about accessibility for emergency services as they had a terminally ill person living off the road mentioned was answered with 'if they are that ill why are then not in a hospice' and my child's education better not be compromised by you needed an ambulance for a dying person'. Makes me despair of the world.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement