Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Bredabe wrote: »
    Local radio not known for its fact-finding told me that there was liquid water found an x planet during the week, my brain is screaming why not call it what I think it is, water! (as opposed to steam/ice)

Ref bots clogging up the timeline on twitter, while im on that, ppl tweeting min for health topics better addressed by min for housing, no doubt I'll be fed their complaints about non-responses on the timeline as well.

Ppl who don't respond to me for days, sending freaked out messages if Im not back to them by the am after they message me.

Waiting on responses to important communications x3, again and no idea when they/if they will arrive.

This online discussion about how two schools merging will affect traffic on an already clogged road. eg, one person who expressed concern about accessibility for emergency services as they had a terminally ill person living off the road mentioned was answered with 'if they are that ill why are then not in a hospice' and my child's education better not be compromised by you needed an ambulance for a dying person'. Makes me despair of the world.

As opposed to that water that is made out of granite ??? Trying to sound smart no doubt, and failing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

As opposed to that water that is made out of granite ??? Trying to sound smart no doubt, and failing!!

Or maybe solid water as in ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Public grieving on the internet for people they never even knew. The same fools probably wouldn't even go to their aunts funeral.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stroll into the office at 12:45 and people giving it the 'what time do you call this' lark.
    Stay original.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Stroll into the office at 12:45 and people giving it the 'what time do you call this' lark.
    Stay original.

Usually first into the office, ten years of 8am starts.

ONE DAY of getting the later train ? "Gone part time have you ?"

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

34 degrees where I'm living. Where the fcuk have I moved to. I've never longed this much to be back home in Ireland. This is like living in an oven.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    34 degrees where I'm living. Where the fcuk have I moved to. I've never longed this much to be back home in Ireland. This is like living in an oven.

It's scorchio here today as well. Was tempted to wear the speedo's to work.

Must. Not. Call. That. A. TA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Roasting in Dublin but at least we have a bit of a breeze here which helps .Wet a little light scarf and put it on your neck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Maybe this will help, where I am, its overcast, a theoretical 20 degrees, warm wind and raining so hard there are floods on the side of the paths already.

Now, don't you feel cooler? :)

That temp is more than a ta, take care of yourself, even my cat wouldn't be happy with that.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Being forced to hear the details of a sexual encounter a colleague had with someone I wouldn't even be in the same room with, let alone touch or glory in how yummy smelling he was in the am!

Insert a million vomit emojis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

You wearing speedos is reason enough to go back home ;)

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Roasting in Dublin but at least we have a bit of a breeze here which helps .Wet a little light scarf and put it on your neck

Thank you for the scarf tip! I've been spraying myself with one of those water bottles for the garden and sitting in front of a fan. It comforts me to know that ye are roasting too :P

Maybe this will help, where I am, its overcast, a theoretical 20 degrees, warm wind and raining so hard there are floods on the side of the paths already.

Now, don't you feel cooler? :)

That temp is more than a ta, take care of yourself, even my cat wouldn't be happy with that.

I actually haven't seen my poor cat since some time last night, I hope he's just hiding somewhere cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Local radio not known for its fact-finding told me that there was liquid water found an x planet during the week, my brain is screaming why not call it what I think it is, water! (as opposed to steam/ice)...

Yeah, an underground lake some dozen miles wide on Mars. NASA scientist types are in the habit of using the term "liquid water", indicating water that is at an ambient temperature that might be some way conducive to life that bears some resemblance to ourselves albeit at a microbiological level. Hence their announcing that liquid water had been found, and local radio stations will just report news like that as they're given it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The "revert back to you" email disease has resurfaced.

Christ.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yeah, an underground lake some dozen miles wide on Mars. NASA scientist types are in the habit of using the term "liquid water", indicating water that is at an ambient temperature that might be some way conducive to life that bears some resemblance to ourselves albeit at a microbiological level. Hence their announcing that liquid water had been found, and local radio stations will just report news like that as they're given it.

I had an idea it was something like that, but as they didn't say as reported by Nasa, it was a ta.

Another one from local radio(different county) "the man who was on honeymoon with his wife'!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A bowl of iced water in front of the fan will help cool the air. 25 here and I'm roasted. Very glad I no longer live in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

For the last few days (sorry menfolk :o), my boobs have been pretty sore :(

Just sent an SMS text to somebody and in it I mentioned "Bonkers.ie" and whatever change has been made to my Samsung/Android/Three phone, an add for Bonkers.ie was attached to my text to somebody.

Who is responsible for this, and how do I stop being a conduit for spam?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stay original.
    Usually first into the office, ten years of 8am starts.

ONE DAY of getting the later train ? "Gone part time have you ?"

:rolleyes:

Cheeky feckers!

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    For the last few days (sorry menfolk :o), my boobs have been pretty sore :(

I wouldn't apologise - but I would stand back, you're about to be inundated with offers of "help"!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

I wouldn't apologise - but I would stand back, you're about to be inundated with offers of "help"!!!!!
    :D:D

I'm on stand-by

I'm on stand-by

You warm your hands you!!! :D:D

You warm your hands you!!! :D:D
    My hands are always warm, sometimes clammy for a bit of natural lube.

My hands are always warm, sometimes clammy for a bit of natural lube.

Amateur. When boobs are sore and nip-nips tender, I deploy the trusty Aveeno moisturizing almond oil - can be relied upon absolutely to get 'er purring like a kitten once more! :cool:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Amateur. When boobs are sore and nip-nips tender, I deploy the trusty Aveeno moisturizing almond oil - can be relied upon absolutely to get 'er purring like a kitten once more! :cool:
    I thought a man like yourself with go for the WD-40 or straight for the vat of goose fat.

I thought a man like yourself with go for the WD-40 or straight for the vat of goose fat.

In the case of my own boobs, yes of course. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Taxi rage.
    Lashing in Galway so got one home. The guy sloooowly drove along, then as he pulls up to my house he slides in an extra euro.
    I sai it was 7.40 when you pulled up, whats that for.
    He starts going on about how after 1pm it’s an extra euro.
    I argued that it wasn’t, I’ve never heard that before.
    He goes back to “just give me 7.80 so, because of course he didn’t bother to stop the meter either.
    It was so aggressive.
    They’re f#%kin constantly trying to overcharge here and it RAGES me. But never has someone made up some crap in their head about after 1pm.
    Dirty git.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is an ad on all the time with Action Man dancing around the place. It ta's me because when I was a chiseller I really wanted one for Christmas and I never got it. :( Waah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I see I've plenty of offers alright! Sound lads, I'll give ye a shout if needs be :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I bought a new telly a few weeks ago - I'm quite happy with it

But

It has a Netflix button on the remote, when I press the button absolutely nothing happens for exactly 30 seconds, then it goes to Netflix.

It's trivial cos I don't have or intend to get a Netflix subscription but still

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's that wonderful time again where I am following the dog around with a Dettol wipe as she is in heat again . Jesus Christ , she is coming up on 63 in human years, could she not have the menopause FFS:(

Oh yea - while I at it re Netflix, If you're giving me a free months trial why do you want my credit card number.

Could they not just turn it on and email me after say 25 days or so and tell me to pay up or be cut off.

I have to wobble up to the shop for milk after a large glass of red wine:( In my next life I'm gonna have servants !

Well that's apt for your user name !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Apparently I should buy a people carrier because I have family visiting a lot (4 weeks out of 52 max), so they don't have to rent a car all the time they come over.

Also the ongoing explanation that there is no public transport where I live, so no, you're not getting around by bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Netflix thinking I'm in incognito mode when I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Back to School ads when the kids have barely started their holidays. They annoyed me when I was in school and they still annoy me now!

Bloody killjoy retailers.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Back to School ads when the kids have barely started their holidays. They annoyed me when I was in school and they still annoy me now!

Bloody killjoy retailers.

I must have been programmed! I've got the school books and stuff for next year already!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I have to wobble up to the shop for milk after a large glass of red wine:( In my next life I'm gonna have servants !

Wobbled back with an impulse buy of Ben&Jerry's, Birthday Cake from the local Centra, got fleeced for it but couldn't help myself. It better be good !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wobbled back with an impulse buy of Ben&Jerry's, Birthday Cake from the local Centra, got fleeced for it but couldn't help myself. It better be good !

Happy birthday

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Happy birthday

Ah, it's not my birthday , but thanks :). Can recommend the ice cream, very nice;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wobbled back with an impulse buy of Ben&Jerry's,

Haagen Dazs ftw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The little Toddler Nextdoor has been what I can only presume is running up and down the Stairs since I washed my hair and that was ar five to eight. I suppose it's a wee bit better than listening to them crying! I'm starting to get a Headache now though.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The postman has given a parcel for me to somebody else and i dont recognise the name of the person who signed for it. Words will be had in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Oh yea - while I at it re Netflix, If you're giving me a free months trial why do you want my credit card number.

Could they not just turn it on and email me after say 25 days or so and tell me to pay up or be cut off.

Signed up for months free trial two weeks ago and looked at anything I wanted to see in the first week. Nothing else there i would be interested in. Maybe once I start paying up there'll be more shows available to me? Anyway ta that I was looking forward to having something to entertain me for a while as there is nothing on telly. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Getting on to a tram with the double buggy earlier and a family of total plonkers has completely loaded up the wheelchair/buggy area with their suitcases. Perils of being on the route from the airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Speaking of school books..I paid 112e for 4 books and got 8e for 2 books that I traded..8 fooking euro..I also came away with 4 big heavy bags of books that they wouldn't take because they're not in use anymore..what an absolute money making racket..I really don't know how people with a few kids in school can afford the books and they're changed so often they can't even hand them down..an absolute joke of a system.

On a lighter note there was another woman in the shop who was an absolute ticket..asked for 2 receipts,one for her ex husband because seemingly he's a cheap,miserable.*****___***__**__ing ,honestly she called him every name...I was on the ground laughing and the poor young girls inside the counter were in shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Colser wrote: »
    Speaking of school books..I paid 112e for 4 books and got 8e for 2 books that I traded..8 fooking euro..I also came away with 4 big heavy bags of books that they wouldn't take because they're not in use anymore..what an absolute money making racket..I really don't know how people with a few kids in school can afford the books and they're changed so often they can't even hand them down..an absolute joke of a system.

On a lighter note there was another woman in the shop who was an absolute ticket..asked for 2 receipts,one for her ex husband because seemingly he's a cheap,miserable.*****___***__**__ing ,honestly she called him every name...I was on the ground laughing and the poor young girls inside the counter were in shock.

G'wan...tell the truth...it was actually you wasn't it?
    "Two receipts Colser" you shall be known as from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

G'wan...tell the truth...it was actually you wasn't it?
    "Two receipts Colser" you shall be known as from now on :)

Nope lol...she gave us a fair bit of info though and I could completely empathise..I'd say he's a sorry boy.😂

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement