Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at the thought of having to work all weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Drivers without L plates who do not know how to maintain distance between the car in front.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tools who crawl onto motorways at 60 kph...get up to speed you cretins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Cycling "advocates" (can't use the actual word I want!!) who flat out refuse to accept that they are in ANY way bad.

I was on the LUAS today coming from Parnell - just before Trinity, a cyclist ran the red light in front of Pearse St Garda Sation, couldn't get past our LUAS and so mounted the pavement! Going at a fair lick too!

Relayed the story in work - a colleague who bikes in immediately said "what did you want him to f**king do ?". Says me "stop at red light like the traffic".

"Well that's more dangerous. He WOULD have been hit from behind by the cars breaking the lights."

You cannot talk to some zealots!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tools who crawl onto motorways at 60 kph...get up to speed you cretins.

They are a feckin danger to themselves and the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ordered a pizza last night and the pineapple tasted like nail varnish...ruined the thing.TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Robsweezie wrote: »
    ordered a pizza last night and the pineapple tasted like nail varnish...ruined the thing.TA

I think we can all identify your first mistake...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I think we can all identify your first mistake...

I didn't want to say....!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When you drop and break a mug, why is it always a mug you like.

Id love if some of shíte mugs in my press would break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

elfy4eva wrote: »
    When you drop and break a mug, why is it always a mug you like.

Id love if some of shíte mugs in my press would break.

Eh. ..you don’t, erm. ..s***e in mugs do you:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

When Dad - Mobile comes up on me Phone! He himself rarely rings me, and any Calls from Home are generally from Landline. Heart was in me mouth, but trying to stay calm, a million questions going through my mind trying not to shriek down the Phone at him!! And he in a normal voice comes out with some random thing/idea/notion that popped into his head! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When Dad - Mobile comes up on me Phone! He himself rarely rings me, and any Calls from Home are generally from Landline. Heart was in me mouth, but trying to stay calm, a million questions going through my mind trying not to shriek down the Phone at him!! And he in a normal voice comes out with some random thing/idea/notion that popped into his head! :D:D

Ha, similar for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I remember Dad - Mobile appeared on my phone and it scared the sh*t out of me. He passed away a few weeks prior.

An in law from abroad had come over and was using it scaring the sh*t out of everyone she called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When Dad - Mobile comes up on me Phone

I totally read that as Dadmobile like Batmobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Achy muscles and joints from statins. Does this mean I'm an ould one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I remember Dad - Mobile appeared on my phone and it scared the sh*t out of me. He passed away a few weeks prior.

An in law from abroad had come over and was using it scaring the sh*t out of everyone she called.

Ages after my Dad died I got a notification to say he was now on Whatsapp, it was funny after after the initial fright :)

TA it isn't possible to contact the dead on Whatsapp :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

madmaggie wrote: »
    Achy muscles and joints from statins. Does this mean I'm an ould one?

Make sure you mention this to a GP and change the statin to one that suits you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

When the batteries run out on your special toy at a very crucial time :(

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

Pesky nintendo gameboy and their weak ass batteries.

I can’t find anything to watch that I am in the mood for. Wasted a load of time looking.
    Might rewatch withnail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

Duracell, just think of the rabbits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm the opposite. Any time I call either of my parents I have to instantly say "EVERYTHING IS FINE" and then whatever I need to talk to them about. Or I have to text ahead and say I am going to ring you to talk about X..

Otherwise they pick up the phone and they have the house phone in the other hand already inviting people to my funeral

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A giant spider over my head, I'm afraid they'll come down and land on my head :eek:!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A giant spider over my head, I'm afraid they'll come down and land on my head :eek:!

It's OK Seph, it is more afraid of you than you are of it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Move over a bit, so if it falls it'll be on your shoulder instead. :cool:

I'm a problem solver, me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

A giant spider over my head, I'm afraid they'll come down and land on my head !

Get to the chopper! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Get to the chopper! :D

GrouchyLegalHammerheadbird.gif

:pac:
    New Home wrote: »
    Move over a bit, so if it falls it'll be on your shoulder instead. :cool:

I'm a problem solver, me!

You should be a programmer homeo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Beers... workmate comes out...has 2 drinks..buys me 1 as I go to the loo...and then Fecked off!...his wife called him home as shes ill and felt abandoned.....ok... except the cnut left him 10 months ago to live back in England and only comes back for a week every 5 fckin months...she needs a slap of an iron bar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ladies toilet cubicles that don't have a hanger for your handbag.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Wanna sleep but my brain won't stop going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

People who big up the dangers of cycling and cyclists while ignoring the fact that motorists kill 3 or 4 people each week on Irish roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Oh yea - while I at it re Netflix, If you're giving me a free months trial why do you want my credit card number.

Could they not just turn it on and email me after say 25 days or so and tell me to pay up or be cut off.
    It's to stop people making up multiple disposable emails to constantly get free month trials.

Think I have a headcold, can't stop sneezing! It would take me to get sick in July :rolleyes:

When someone drops or shakes the travel version of the game battleship.

Just took 10 minutes to get all the little pegs out from between and in stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Taxi rage.
    Lashing in Galway so got one home. The guy sloooowly drove along, then as he pulls up to my house he slides in an extra euro.
    I sai it was 7.40 when you pulled up, whats that for.
    He starts going on about how after 1pm it’s an extra euro.
    I argued that it wasn’t, I’ve never heard that before.
    He goes back to “just give me 7.80 so, because of course he didn’t bother to stop the meter either.
    It was so aggressive.
    They’re f#%kin constantly trying to overcharge here and it RAGES me. But never has someone made up some crap in their head about after 1pm.
    Dirty git.

Another taxi trip home for me this am,- the driver was on the phone as I got in, when finished started to tell me about his family issues from the phone call. (Nothing new there, im that person ppl, sit beside on public transport and tell their problems too) he overshoots the turn to my road and stays on the main to the shops when I say you missed the turn to my address, he says 'isn't here where you asked for'? as I waited for the receipt he says, I'm glad you got in my car and I could tell you my family troubles'

Despite being head bridesmaid for my then best friends wedding, I can't remember her married name, so I looked up her up on FB under her single name, refined that to images, but it's bringing up walls and gates, which have nothing to do with her name. Gates/Walls wtf.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The Ardilaun hotel in Galway is a superb place. I’d rate it as the best hotel in Galway

But I’m TA’d at blatant lies on their website. It’s maybe 25 minutes walk if you’re fast. 10 minutes is not even close to accurate for city centre

Salthill promenade equally not true
    Only 10 mins walk from Galway City Centre and Salthill promenade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The Ardilaun hotel in Galway is a superb place. I’d rate it as the best hotel in Galway

But I’m TA’d at blatant lies on their website. It’s maybe 25 minutes walk if you’re fast. 10 minutes is not even close to accurate for city centre

Salthill promenade equally not true

I know it well, there's no way you'd get to Salthill in that much time but all those sites are the same with distance. It's like looking to rent, ten mins from city center and the next thing you're in the middle of nowhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

That Google bitch told me it wasn't going to rain today... :mad:
    I washed towels and bed clothes thinking I'd be able to hang them out today:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

At home in the folks house, woke up after a 12 hour sleep (the first decent sleep in a month) to my dad coming back from Mass with freshly baked croissants... But they only had one chocolate one left and he's insisting he went to get them so he gets it! The cheek! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

One of my better laptops has VGA and HDMI video output sockets. They are too close together to plug both in together unless I saw a bit off the VGA plug

Trying to book a half decent hotel in an area of canada where there dont seem to be any decent hotels is a big TA at the moment.
    If you have to call out 'Private bathroom' as a feature of your hotel then it must be a kip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    One of my better laptops has VGA and HDMI video output sockets. They are too close together to plug both in together unless I saw a bit off the VGA plug

that drives me mad.

we were on a job a while back and our extention cable stopped working. it was nothing obvious and easily fixed so we had to go buy another . we bought a good one not a pound shop one.

if you plug in a large plug it hits the reset button. if you plug in one plug you cant plug into the next socket.

im not sure what kind of idiot designed it, its almost pointless having 3 sockets and only being abole to use one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA 1: my MIL constantly bites the edges of her fingernails, to the point where her fingers bleed. It's a nervous habit but it disgusts me. She's just done it the whole way through lunch with the family. I have to consciously not look at her while I'm eating.

TA 2: Booked the shopping delivery from 4.30 to 5.30. For the last month or so they've been consistently late. (ok fine they just pulled up oustide to prove me wrong)

TA 3: My wrists keep being sore as if they're sprained. Worried that I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Day 7 of a 10 day family holiday... I can't wait to be on my own again, in the car, having a coffee..
    Why do we do these things to ourselves........

• Advertisement

Ta'd its Sunday night already, feels like only 5 minutes ago it was Friday night :/.
    erica74 wrote: »
    That Google bitch

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I feel like I'm getting a dose plus I'm facing into a sh!tshow of problems in work this week. It's not fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Supposed to be on the wind down to a few weeks holiday in work. Have a list that keeps expanding and now I have an important deadline while I am away so I need to get a huge document written before I go, but will only know what needs to go in to it at the end of this week.

I feel like I'm getting a dose plus I'm facing into a sh!tshow of problems in work this week. It's not fair.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Supposed to be on the wind down to a few weeks holiday in work. Have a list that keeps expanding and now I have an important deadline while I am away so I need to get a huge document written before I go, but will only know what needs to go in to it at the end of this week.

Both of ye tell your employer to stick it!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I dropped my pack of shortbread, I am still screaming internally

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement