Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Burnt my arm off a roasting hot tray today at work and it's starting to blister :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nearly time to get up,less than four hours sleep, today will be fun o_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Nearly time to get up,less than four hours sleep, today will be fun o_o

Just don't sleep. Eventually you don't feel tired.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Just don't sleep. Eventually you don't feel tired.

No I like my sleep!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    When the batteries run out on your special toy at a very crucial time :(

TA that I was thinking PSP first and then it struck me.

Damn that 16 years of Catholic school must be kicking in now!!!!!

Other TA - rechargable "lady playthings" has to be a thing right ? If not, who else would pay good money to that on Dragon's Den!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I woke up with a headache. My left knee is at me again and i have a new pain in my right thigh muscle. I can see this day going fabulously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I hate when a film starts with intro, titles and film credits with no sound - always make me think that there something wrong with the telly, or the box and have me unnecessarily messing with the volume buttons.

A - not TA, just VFA (you get it...!)

I have a stress fracture of the hip (pain in the a**e LITERALLY!!) and where the hamstring joins the bone, it is starting to "fray" - God bless MRIs!! The latter leads to inability to do stairs without falling and mobility issues.

Anyway, telling someone in my work place and a third party shouts over "forget all that, just get that weight off!".

I wish I'd have knows the secret - when I broke my wrist I needed surgery to pin it, apparently Slimming World can regrow bone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Ellie Gouldings face.

What did she do to it? Looks awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

A - not TA, just VFA (you get it...!)

I have a stress fracture of the hip (pain in the a**e LITERALLY!!) and where the hamstring joins the bone, it is starting to "fray" - God bless MRIs!! The latter leads to inability to do stairs without falling and mobility issues.

Anyway, telling someone in my work place and a third party shouts over "forget all that, just get that weight off!".

I wish I'd have knows the secret - when I broke my wrist I needed surgery to pin it, apparently Slimming World can regrow bone!

That d1ckface deserves a slap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The dog was heading out the back garden just as I was about to leave for work this morning so I called her back in. 15 seconds later she puked her guts up. Timed that one spectacularly, didn't I???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It’s a bit annoying seeing others going thru a hard time when there is nothing you can do to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sorry, in all it's forms. A rant!

I can't move money around my bank cause, sorry, as its less than some made up figure, has to be done online.
    Sorry, you didn't get the letter saying we were effectively squeezing you out of your long held accounts, nothing I can do Im afraid if you won't use online/phone banking.

Im trying to make an appointment for a friend as a birthday surprise, I contact the company and ask if they have one on a weekday at the end of the relevant month, they respond with their next available date, which, guess what, NOT the end of the month. 'Apologies' we only have the date we gave you.

When did it get to be that customer services in a broad sector consisted of saying sorry?

Sorry but sorry doesn't help me(the customer) in the slightest.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Sorry, in all it's forms. A rant!

I can't move money around my bank cause, sorry, as its less than some made up figure, has to be done online.
    Sorry, you didn't get the letter saying we were effectively squeezing you out of your long help accounts, nothing I can do Im afraid if you won't use online/phone banking.

Im trying to make an appointment for a friend as a birthday surprise, I contact the company and ask if they have one on a weekday at the end of the relevant month, they respond with their next available date, which, guess what, NOT the end of the month. 'Apologies' we only have the date we gave you.

When did it get to be that customer services in a broad sector consisted of saying sorry?

Sorry but sorry doesn't help me(the customer) in the slightest.

Sympathies.

It's been a long time since customer service meant what it should mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why is it when I go into a shop to buy a thing I've seen online I can never find it? I KNOW it's in stock. I saw it on the website but thought I'd pop into the shop while I was in town and pick it up. Instead of it being where I know it was before, there's now a sea of sales racks and no sign of the damn thing.

It happens me all the freakin time. So I just usually come back to the office/home and just order the damn thing online.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dude in Spar, I know that you can speak. I've witnessed it before, heck, I heard you mutter to your colleague just moments before our interaction.

You're not going to tell me how much I owe?
    You're not going to say 'Thanks'?
    You're not going to make eye contact?

Then I held the door open for some dude on his way in as I was exiting, do you think that guy could say thanks or any acknowledgment of someone doing something for him.

I was ready to murder the next person who lacked common civility.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

TA’d at mechanics in garages who mess with the settings on your car while it’s in.

Mine was in today just to get a tyre replaced after a puncture. So, the guy just had to drive it from where I’d parked round to the service area and back again. Yet in that distance/time, he adjusted the rearview mirror, the height of the drivers seat, how far forward the seat was AND tuned in a radio station that I never use. Seriously. LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Dude in Spar, I know that you can speak. I've witnessed it before, heck, I heard you mutter to your colleague just moments before our interaction.

Then I held the door open for some dude on his way in as I was exiting, do you think that guy could say thanks or any acknowledgment of someone doing something for him.

It's your own fault for being so drop dead gorgeous, BB, you leave everyone stunned and speechless.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    It's your own fault for being so drop dead gorgeous, BB, you leave everyone stunned and speechless.
    Thanks NH, I did get a haircut yesterday so I do look a bit neater :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh. Right. Sorry. I must've confused you with the guy behind you. As you were.

:pac: :pac: :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Boom_Bap wrote: »

You need to hang around less dudes and more bros.

I'd get up on a gust of wind today. Curse the gods for giving me the libido of a horny teenage boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote:
    The dog was heading out the back garden just as I was about to leave for work this morning so I called her back in. 15 seconds later she puked her guts up.

So I came home from work early and she followed this up with the most appalling diarrhoea I've ever had the misfortune to witness (outside, thankfully). She's been off her food and a bit out of sorts for a few days so I brought her to the vet, who's keeping her in overnight on a drip.

My poor doggie :-(

Poor pup. :(

TA’d at mechanics in garages who mess with the settings on your car while it’s in.

Mine was in today just to get a tyre replaced after a puncture. So, the guy just had to drive it from where I’d parked round to the service area and back again. Yet in that distance/time, he adjusted the rearview mirror, the height of the drivers seat, how far forward the seat was AND tuned in a radio station that I never use. Seriously. LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.

This would annoy me too, but I really can't complain seeing as I'm 5'2 and have the seat up as close to the steering wheel as possible :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Having to swipe my Brother on Tinder. :pac::o:rolleyes::o:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Left or right?

Be worried if ye match :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

shouts over "forget all that, just get that weight off!".

Break your wrist off his jaw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I'd get up on a gust of wind today. Curse the gods for giving me the libido of a horny teenage boy.

PM sent :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Forgot this but when I came back from running up town to do few errands earlier, I was greeted with the lovely sight of the dark-skinned Child Nextdoor dancing inside the Windowsill, hanging off the Curtains somehow, Butt naked! Perhaps this should be in T.H! It was an amusing moment anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Working today, out in the rain. Came home to be told the sun was shining all afternoon, ffs it's only ten minutes down the road! Mad weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Ellie Gouldings face.

What did she do to it? Looks awful.

+1
    She started off so natural, stylish and pretty, she has lost me now she has totally transformed herself into some insipid pop star. Music has gone downhill too.

TA I bought this duvet cover from Penneys last year or so, I love it, the one with herons, lotus flowers and dragon flies, it's so pretty, I bet someone on here has it too.
    Only thing is I keep getting little heart attacks hopping into bed and getting a quick glimpse of a random dragonfly body on it, what with my low light, it looks like a very creepy spider on my bed every time.

Also more MajorlyA at a shítty quagmire of ****tiness confusion at work, that I'm powerless to solve as it's the powers-that-be that should be at it. This thing has lasted so long now and they're still not doing what they should be doing.

Having to wait so long in between leg waxes. At least the sun's gone away for a bit and I have an excuse to wear pants :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

One of the pizza delivery companies is running a competition at the moment for "free pizzas for a year" but looking at the small print, that is only actually 1 free pizza a month for 12 months.

I could understand 1 free pizza a week but only once per month is a bit stingy to claim a year of free pizzas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Small toilets that when you are seated and sneeze you smash your head off the sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sometimes, certain encounters make me feel like enforced selective breeding among humans wouldn't exactly be a bad thing.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Sometimes, certain encounters make me feel like enforced selective breeding among humans wouldn't exactly be a bad thing.

+1

Perhaps also some sort of rule that when you breed you must also parent ?

"Mother" yesterday for whom parenting her brats on the train consisted of examining her nails, talking loudly to "K Bex" (or Ok? Becks ? I dunno, was dumb anyway!!) and giving the kids each an iPad/tablet - neither of whom had head phones.

At one point she replied to the youngest "I don't care, tell the lady there".

Thank God she didn't mean me!!!!

Woke up at 4 am and was awake for a while, fell back into a deep sleep and woke up late -_-.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sneezing seems to be the theme of my day. Little daughter just sneezed with a mouth full of cheerios :(

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Sneezing seems to be the theme of my day. Little daughter just sneezed with a mouth full of cheerios :(

Sad but true - I'm currently skirting that fine line between "is this an attack of hayfever or am I getting a cold ?"

It's unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Minion quote pages on fb- thinly veiled passive aggressive sentiments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA by weasel words.

mistakes were made=I fuucked up
    I was less than honest= I lied
    My behavior was less than perfect=I was awful

Vicky Phelan.

Sorry, I have sympathy for those affected I really do - but there is something about her.

I really believe that in a few months we'll find out she's supported by one of the opposition parties and then in a couple of years "a miracle cure".

Ruth Morrissey (is that the right last name ?) her and others make me weep and she remains in my prayers but there is something about Vicky Phelan, I have an uneasy feeling about her motives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Vicky Phelan.

Sorry, I have sympathy for those affected I really do - but there is something about her.

I really believe that in a few months we'll find out she's supported by one of the opposition parties and then in a couple of years "a miracle cure".

Ruth Morrissey (is that the right last name ?) her and others make me weep and she remains in my prayers but there is something about Vicky Phelan, I have an uneasy feeling about her motives.

Was always afraid to say something because of the backlash...but I have to say I concur. She comes across as the sort of domineering woman who is used to getting what she wants, and is partial to demeaning service staff etc. She had said just after her appearance on the Ray Darcy show that she didn't want to be making any more public appearances, yet her she still is

Was always afraid to say something because of the backlash...but I have to say I concur. She comes across as the sort of domineering woman who is used to getting what she wants, and is partial to demeaning service staff etc. She had said just after her appearance on the Ray Darcy show that she didn't want to be making any more public appearances, yet her she still is

I'll likely get said backlash but she is very politically agenda driven to me.

I had an auntie many years back who was given the all clear from cancer, only to be told 2 years later she actually had it. She was asked if she wanted to sue and her reply was "what, and take more money from the NHS ???"

She recovered and lived till her late 70s and I never forgot that attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Try walking in her shoes.

Try walking in her shoes.

But that is assuming that her "shoes" are indeed as badly fitting as she wants you to believe.

To me she's Erica Fleming - hoodwinking some that she's working for the greater good but really looking out for how it can benefit her.

Zero offence meant to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Jesus lads, I'm as baffled as anyone as to why so many people are getting telephone numbers in compensation for suffering from cancer but to suggest that Vicky Phelan has ulterior motives and wouldn't swop every penny for a miracle cure is beyond crass. Totally beyond crass.

• Advertisement

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Jesus lads, I'm as baffled as anyone as to why so many people are getting telephone numbers in compensation for suffering from cancer but to suggest that Vicky Phelan has ulterior motives and wouldn't swop every penny for a miracle cure is beyond crass. Totally beyond crass.

And I respect your position but apparently that only goes one way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement