Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

All summer long there has been huge threads in after hours about somebody named Louise O’Neill

All this time later I still have no idea who she is

TA’d I’m not “with it” anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mikemac2 wrote: »
    All summer long there has been huge threads in after hours about somebody named Louise O’Neill

You're better off out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Take that to the TH thread and be glad young sir!!!!!!!

If you want a summary - crap author, hates men, thinks she's important. Abhors men cleared of rape as they are rapists so no respecter of the rule of law. Men evil, women great etc etc.

cf (but don't, they're odd) Una Mullally and Rosemary McCabe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haha me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I’m familiar with Rosemary McCabe

Ok we’ll say no more about Ms O’Neill, I’ve gotten the gist

I am Ta’d no longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

That Genesis 'follow me' song slowed down version in ad for bank of Ireland. Singer is out of beat with the guitar melody and eventually catches up. So annoying. Maybe it's deliberate to demonstrate that if you follow bank of Ireland you'll get back on track. Irritating all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Customers paying by tap, you have to wait till your payment actually goes through which takes a couple of seconds. Until then you haven't paid for **** so stop trying to leg it out of the shop before the payment goes through

The wagon in Boots in St Stephen's Green who has just printed out 91 wedding photos on the self serve machine on Facebook and used the only one with the connection for Android.

May the fleas of diseased camels infect her lady parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

My weakness to good customer service. Making me buy things I don't want to buy with their overwhelming good service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Shpud2 wrote: »
    My weakness to good customer service. Making me buy things I don't want to buy with their overwhelming good service

To be hypocritical another TA : bad customer service. People in Brown Thomas too busy chatting to each other to help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

TH: Dog is at home and in much better spirits.

TA: The fact that I'm €260 lighter. Worth it, obvs, but still... Yowch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The 3 people at my table - didnt know each other but now having a loud bs conversation thinking they know it all <side eyes>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

TA 1: My tired mind made me put the fresh fajita bap that I wrestled from the rest of the pack into the fridge, and put the packet it came out of into the microwave. Luckily I noticed before I burnt the house down.

TA 2: Ate out for lunch yesterday , and just as I was tucking into my meal that I had patiently waited for (I was starving), some nosey, total stranger asked me what I had ordered. "Sorry for disturbing you" she says "but are they taco chips".....am feck off. It's my lunch break and I have switched off from all human communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

To be hypocritical another TA : bad customer service. People in Brown Thomas too busy chatting to each other to help

Well I had similar yesterday...stopped off to get a chicken roll for the lazy teen who was still in bed when I finished work ,also picked up a portion of wedges and ciggies(I know😳)...when Don Juan dragged himself back inside the counter from chatting up his friend and served me while still chatting her up he only charged me for 2 items..small consolation for the annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

My ex used say loudly "HELLO, is there a manager here? The paying customers are interrupting the staff's social life."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

My ex used say loudly "HELLO, is there a manager here? The paying customers are interrupting the staff's social life."

You got lucky to get rid of that weapon, pal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Colser wrote: »
    Well I had similar yesterday...stopped off to get a chicken roll for the lazy teen who was still in bed when I finished work ,also picked up a portion of wedges and ciggies(I know&#55357;&#56883;)...when Don Juan dragged himself back inside the counter from chatting up his friend and served me while still chatting her up he only charged me for 2 items..small consolation for the annoyance.

The teen should be bringing you Wedges and chickens rolls and ciggies in bed Colser not the other way round :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had to block two scam phone numbers today, getting sick of it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rubberlegs wrote:
    I had to block two scam phone numbers today, getting sick of it now.

I've had Swiss & German ringing me last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Whenever I look at the eir broadband roll out map, it always says within 6 months for my area. 3 miles down the road they have had broadband for ages. They're able to get the bills out on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Getting my contraceptive bar out next week because it's making me really depressed :(

Getting my contraceptive bar out next week because it's making me really depressed :(

I had that years ago - Implanon I think it's name was. Ouchies on removal!

Reminded me of a TA - told that story to a colleague and she said "you won't be needing contraception now will you ?"

I'm 48. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A blessed crow who chooses to stand on the roof right over my window bashing the head of a snail at 6am . He must have been pretty useless at it as took him forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    A blessed crow who chooses to stand on the roof right over my window bashing the head of a snail at 6am . He must have been pretty useless at it as took him forever

Too funny. I initially read that as "cow" and not "crow".
    Sometimes they are so loud that you think it is a cow on the roof taking joy in repeatedly smashing the poor snail to pieces.
    Ta'd that snails do not come with cow/crow instructions for destruction.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Too funny. I initially read that as "cow" and not "crow".
    Sometimes they are so loud that you think it is a cow on the roof taking joy in repeatedly smashing the poor snail to pieces.
    Ta'd that snails do not come with cow/crow instructions for destruction.

We need to start taking cows/crows to expensive French restaurants and get the waiters to show them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

"We need that letter urgently"
    "No bother" I said "what's your fax number?"
    "Oh we don't have a fax machine anymore because of GDPR so, could you just post it?"

Seriously, it's 2018 and we're back to snail mail.

erica74 wrote: »
    "We need that letter urgently"
    "No bother" I said "what's your fax number?"
    "Oh we don't have a fax machine anymore because of GDPR so, could you just post it?"

Seriously, it's 2018 and we're back to snail mail.

Friend of mine's daughter bought a record player and told me "vinyl is the way to go, you crusties are stuck with Spotify".

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TA - that no one is up on charges of slander and libel for calling the CLEARED defendants rapists, yet someone is facing thousands in fines for identifying the lying complainant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA - that no one is up on charges of slander and libel for calling the CLEARED defendants rapists, yet someone is facing thousands in fines for identifying the lying complainant.

One is a criminal matter, the other is civil. There are no charges for libel. If Jackson or Olding want to take a libel case they are free to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

David Kitt - for whining.

Filing- so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Too many pints and a dodgy kebab last night means that the bang off my farts would knock a horse :eek:

An aquittal doesnt Mean the alleged victim was lying

Try_harder wrote: »
    An aquittal doesnt Mean the alleged victim was lying

Oh bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Too many pints and a dodgy kebab last night means that the bang off my farts would knock a horse :eek:

That's a TA for those around you :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    That's a TA for those around you :p
    And for me; The Current Mrs Tin gave me earache about it this morning and when I deployed a Bronx cheer on the way down the hall she helped me out the front door with a good boot up the hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA august always seems like a write off.

If summer were a film.... may is the trailer,june is the premier, july is the best part of the film, and august is the credits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My head hurts. Need a reset button.

TA that I am turning into a complete airhead. I forgot my Tesco clubcard today and when the girl at the till asked did I have it I said I don't but I will hang on to the receipt for the points. I walked off and she called after me asking did I want the receipt and I said no twas grand. The penny dropped when I got back in the car.

Woman in work!!! Makes such a drama over her log ins! This is broken! No you annoying bint- you entered the wrong fcuking password in 3 times!!! God help the poor fcukers in IT that put up with all her phone calls- I just cannot deal with her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Now that I finally got a break for lunch, the spicy chicken fillets I cooked are the wrong kind of spicey, NO black pepper, how is that spicy!?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I hired a personnel trainer recently, we meet at my place and go in one car to the gym as parking there sucks. If she’s a bit early or I’m a bit late getting ready the housemate will be going to any and every length to get her to have a cup of tea with him, while waffling on about what he read in the paper, the weather etc. It’s WEIRD !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Haveing to explain what Currency exchange rates are to a Sr manager of finance!!!!

My dad broke one of favorite cups

*cross face*

Strumms wrote: »
    I hired a personnel trainer recently, we meet at my place and go in one car to the gym as parking there sucks. If she’s a bit early or I’m a bit late getting ready the housemate will be going to any and every length to get her to have a cup of tea with him, while waffling on about what he read in the paper, the weather etc. It’s WEIRD !

Do you think it's love or trying to get free advise?

TA Upset about something I read earlier and nothing I can do to shake it.

I am annoyed with myself as I was too lazy to go to the butchers and bought mince in Tesco, not being a fan of it. I now have a sh1t load of chili that I could taste the difference off of straight away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bredabe wrote: »
    Do you think it's love or trying to get free advise?

TA Upset about something I read earlier and nothing I can do to shake it.

It’s not love, I’ve seen this behavior repeated with people of all genders and all spectrums of life, it’s starting to grate. Literally waffling on about anything and when it’s time for us to leave it’s still ongoing to the door &#55357;&#56883;

Been living on my nerves waiting for a specific communication, thinking the worst as it seems to be so overdue.
    Did it dawn on me its holiday time for normal ppl? it did not, all that worry and the person who has the power to end it all is probably working on their tan, not one bit bothered about anything.

Looking at the timetable for exercise classes in local gym's, I came across one that was black print on bright yellow and white on red, both are tiny print. The only thing that was clear to read was the blanks. I contacted the gym telling them my experience and asking them to email me a copy instead.

Their response was 'it looks ok on the screen here'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that despite it being on the front page pretty much constantly, I have absolutely no idea what Werewolf is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that despite it being on the front page pretty much constantly, I have absolutely no idea what Werewolf is.

It's a game of strategy, mystery and skill. It's competitive. It's all-consuming. It's addictive. Most of all it's great craic!

Be TA no longer. Now you know. And feel free to come on in and join us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement