Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

People who don't visit the werewolf forum.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. When you're wearing a skirt, and there's a single strand of hair hanging from its hem - it's pretty much invisible, but it keeps brushing against your legs making you feel there's a bug crawling up your calves, and every time you try and catch it to remove it it eludes you.

2. Well, I had something else I wanted to give out about, but now I can't remember it. Which is a TA in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Make sure your garden floodlights are dipped and there’s not an item of clothing blowing on the line that keeps triggering the sensor. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Properly trivial annoyance. I've seen a number of threads where posters refer to subjects being "mute" when they mean "moot". If it were silenced it wouldn't be subject to debate.
    Also, my insomnia is back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Noooo it's time to get up :(

*Cries into pillow *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My taste buds are shot. Everything tastes the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

(I realise I'm about to humblebrag about my act of charity here but nevertheless)
    My hair is my TA today. Been growing it out for the last few years in order to donate it to the princess trust to make a wig for a kid. It has reached the length where I think it's ready to be cut but you're supposed to wash it and use no conditioner or product on it before you cut it. So with the humidity and rain we've had my hair is like a freakin birdsnest this morning. Full of static so I'm getting shocks off everything, kinky (not in the good way) and frizzy. I cannot wait for this evening for it to be chopped off. I'll cry if they say it's not long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    (I realise I'm about to humblebrag about my act of charity here but nevertheless)
    My hair is my TA today. Been growing it out for the last few years in order to donate it to the princess trust to make a wig for a kid. It has reached the length where I think it's ready to be cut but you're supposed to wash it and use no conditioner or product on it before you cut it. So with the humidity and rain we've had my hair is like a freakin birdsnest this morning. Full of static so I'm getting shocks off everything, kinky (not in the good way) and frizzy. I cannot wait for this evening for it to be chopped off. I'll cry if they say it's not long enough.

Good on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People who ‘like’ every.single.thing on Facebook. Then you’re looking for a recommendation and ask them how they got on with something that they liked, and they tell you that they’ve never used/bought it. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Commercial radio.

Got in the car at 5pm the other day, that new Arianne Grande song "God is a Woman" is on.
    Get back in the car at 7.30 to head to the gym, its on again. Leave the gym at 9.15, there it is starting again.
    Same radio station, utter drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

When i am maintaining a speed on the motorway and overtake a car who subsequently re-overtakes me and then they slow down forcing me to overtake them again and then they speed up again. They really bloody annoy me.

Also I have a hate for people who walk home from the shops with their groceries still in the trolley and they do not bring the trolley back to the supermarket instead dumping it on the side of the road. They should be charged with theft.

Wasps. YOU DONT EVEN MAKE HONEY AND IM NOT A FLOWER STOP HOVERING AROUND ME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Really chatty barbers. I try to show politely that I'm not interested in conversation and yet they keep at it.

Also people who stand chatting in shop doors. Even if they're not actually in my way they annoy me...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Really chatty barbers. I try to show politely that I'm not interested in conversation and yet they keep at it.

Also people who stand chatting in shop doors. Even if they're not actually in my way they annoy me...

My barber at the weekend wanted to know everything about me. Twas annoying alright.

Also co-worker, if you are asking me if I've seen an email that you sent 2 minutes ago, and I've been away for my desk for 10 minutes, the likelihood is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl who don't tell me things they know would be of mutual interest, then when I tell them they say 'yea I know' or 'I saw that'. When they do it constantly...............................................tatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My barber at the weekend wanted to know everything about me. Twas annoying alright.

Ancient Greek joke:
    Barber - “How would you like me to cut your hair, sir?”
    Customer - “In silence.”

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »

"Does the CIA know about you? 'Cause if they did they'd offer you a job!" :rolleyes:
    Ancient Greek joke:
    Barber - “How would you like me to cut your hair, sir?”
    Customer - “In silence.”

One of my workmates actually used that one with the local barber. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Living in a foreign country with an Irish name. I have given up, just call me Emma since you are anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Living in a foreign country with an Irish name. I have given up, just call me Emma since you are anyway.

OK Edna

Shirley you mean Ember!

• Advertisement

Stop calling me Shirley

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just had a pop up on youtube "Get youtube premium for free for the first month,no ads" No thanks!

My brother's friend Enda had this problem when he worked in New Zealand, they just could not get their tongues around it, so he became 'Jimmy' while he was out there. I mean, two syllables, four letters, how hard can it be?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My brother's friend Enda had this problem when he worked in New Zealand, they just could not get their tongues around it, so he became 'Jimmy' while he was out there. I mean, two syllables, four letters, how hard can it be?:confused:

Exactly! It's four letters and it's not like it's difficult to pronounce, fair enough if I was called Caoimhe! The funniest is when I correct them and they look at me like I'm wrong. I just went to the dentist there and the dental nurse came out and looked at me and said "Mr (Surname)? Even if you thought I had a man's name wouldn't the fact that I'm wearing a dress give it away! Rage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

On the subject of names. The number of people who now pronounce Caitlín as Kate Lynn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There is a FB post doing the rounds locally today of a picture of a fella walking a pitbull around town, who has been allegedly mistreating it along the way (according to the girl who shared it anyway).

But a little bit of context is needed. It was reported in the local paper a couple of weeks ago that the dog in question bit a stranger, and was ordered by court to be destroyed. Its owner has recently been jailed and didn't object. I know its the same dog as I happened to drive by the house yesterday and saw the man leaving the yard with dog in tow. I will say it looked slightly unusual, and the man was a bit what you would call "eccentric".

So as this lad is pilloried online for something with no nailed-on proof by animal-rights activists, how do we know he himself isn't an animal-rights activist who is essentially breaking the law for kidnapping a dog due to be destroyed?

Yes, the poor dog doesn't deserve the life it has had, but pitch-fork brigading without fact is a dangerous past-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Exactly! It's four letters and it's not like it's difficult to pronounce, fair enough if I was called Caoimhe! The funniest is when I correct them and they look at me like I'm wrong. I just went to the dentist there and the dental nurse came out and looked at me and said "Mr (Surname)? Even if you thought I had a man's name wouldn't the fact that I'm wearing a dress give it away! Rage
    I had the complete opposite a few years ago in the middle of a busy A&E in Tullamore. How hard is it to read the bloody chart you are holding where it has all of my details on it....I know I have a set of moobs on me....but jebus cripe im not female!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My father lived in the UK for over 40 years. Many colleagues could not believe an Irish man was named William. They called him Paddy just the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cursing my own stupidity for not putting sunscreen on my face. Now red and sore and burny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just saw a post on Facebook that was posted at 12:03am on Tuesday Night/Wednesday morning, where someone was gushing with excitement that it is now officially her birthday month.
    3 minutes into August and her birthday isn't until the end of the fecking month.
    You'd be forgiven for thinking that this was posted by a toddler, but it was in fact posted by a 28 year old accountant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I've been refereeing a feud between two elderly female relatives for some time now, I'm ready to just wash my of it.
    Whoever said age brings wisdom is full of it, a lot of older people revert back to being petty brat children.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Just saw a post on Facebook that was posted at 12:03am on Tuesday Night/Wednesday morning, where someone was gushing with excitement that it is now officially her birthday month.
    3 minutes into August and her birthday isn't until the end of the fecking month.
    You'd be forgiven for thinking that this was posted by a toddler, but it was in fact posted by a 28 year old accountant.

Cringe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People that are minus craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who go on about the same thing all the time and drag it into every conversation, no matter how convoluted the link may be.

People who go on about the same thing all the time and drag it into every conversation, no matter how convoluted the link may be.

Like wasps they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I want to wash my Car but have no idea are we still in this Hose-pipe-Ban craic or what.... :confused:

I want to wash my Car but have no idea are we still in this Hose-pipe-Ban craic or what.... :confused:

We are - they extended the ban - the shower of $#@!@#.

We are - they extended the ban - the shower of $#@!@#.

Pun intended? :pac::D

New Home wrote: »
    Pun intended? :pac::D

Absolutely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Seagulls, I'm fúcking sick of the cúnts!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I ended up at A&E today after my little boy bust his chin open while playing. TA that it was a minor part of our day. In and in less than 20 mins. In Germany at the moment. In Ireland if it was less than 5 hours it would be an achievement.

Why do we accept such a shyte service??

Glad your boy is ok PR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I have an itch to wash the feicing thing and spruce it up and make it all shiny again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Came home from work at lunchtime today to discover I hadn't locked the front door .. . .or had I (hums danger music to myself). Got the locks changed a few months ago as I felt all was not right in my house if I went away and came back, but haven't given a copy of my new key to anybody yet.
    Have locked my bedroom door tonight all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My main annoyance at the moment is the lamp-post across the road from my house. It stopped working a few weeks ago. It was lovely to be in the dark. It was just fixed the other day but the new bulb is very garish. It'd blind you! I know it's safer now, security-wise, but...it'd blind you!
    I liked on running joke on Sharon Horgan's Channel 4 programme, Catastrophe, where she had a baby called Muireann with an American (played by Rob Delaney). The English (characters) had a problem with the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Well, the major-A that I dreaded happened, and it so happens that it's shark week at the same time (TA1), and so (all ya sista's will get it) I cried and I cried and I cried, with the unfairness of it all. I cried all afternoon and evening. I hadn't cried like that in years, it's a betrayal of sorts and it just pushed all those buttons.
    (that's a career major-A, so not as bad as a family or health thing thankfully)

So now I'm TA (TA2) because I happen to be allergic to my own tears (I know, right ?) and tomorrow morning I'm going to wake up looking like one of them fishes with big eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Well, the major-A that I dreaded happened, and it so happens that it's shark week at the same time (TA1), and so (all ya sista's will get it) I cried and I cried and I cried, with the unfairness of it all. I cried all afternoon and evening. I hadn't cried like that in years, it's a betrayal of sorts and it just pushed all those buttons.

So now I'm TA (TA2) because I happen to be allergic to my own tears (I know, right ?) and tomorrow morning I'm going to wake up looking like one of them fishes with big eyes.

(((((Hug)))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bredabe wrote: »
    Do you think it's love or trying to get free advise?

TA Upset about something I read earlier and nothing I can do to shake it.

Not love, he does the same to anyone and everyone who calls to the gaff. Literally jumps out his chair like a leaping salmon when he hears the doorbell and proceeds to waffle the ears off them about the weather, what he read in the paper etc... regardless of who they are, who they are to see, it’s becoming annoying to others too now too... it’s been subtly mentioned but it gets laughed off with the excuse “sure I’m just having a chat” what harm am I doing ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pter wrote: »
    Glad your boy is ok PR

He is fine thx. Just kids being kids. He has only ended up in A&E twice in his 4 years which is a better record by far than his Dad had at the same age.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement