Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Clickbaiting bastids!

*in the voice of scary spice from bo selecta*

Ya complete set of bastids ya! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I fancy a Royale with cheese now :P

I fancy a Royale with cheese now

How about a 5 dollar shake to go with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I've never seen pulp fiction am I missing out?

Oh yes! It's very good.
    Those Harvey keitel direct line ads have ruined it for me though. Actually they deserve a place in this thread of their own accord...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

How about a 5 dollar shake to go with it?

Shakey shakey five dolla?

• Advertisement

Night all. Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

TA at been awake this early on a saturday. But it will be time to go to the airport soon so the excitement builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Squashed my ear over while sleeping last night. The pain of it this morning!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Woke up with a headache
    *in the voice of scary spice from bo selecta*

Ya complete set of bastids ya! :D

Blast from the past with that show :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

bnt wrote: »
    I have some Gin ...but no Tonic. There appears to be a run on the stuff in my area. So I'm experimenting with Gin, honey and water ... :o
    The other day I couldn’t get any Hummus in my usual shop. Now what am I supposed to do? Summer is ruined!

(Or I could stop moaning, get some chick peas and tahini etc., and make my own Hummus. It would be cheaper and probably nicer too... )

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

@ *cross face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

smeal wrote: »
    He doesn’t do texts. We’re lucky he even has a phone. Classic bogman.

I have one of those as well, will ring me to ask what was in the text.
    TATATATA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Thinking about possibly moving out and realising that it's absolutely not gonna happen anywhere in the near future :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was just cycling back from shopping, took the correct direction/cycling route as I turned right at a crossroads. This nordie person beeped me because I might have delayed them by maybe 2 seconds, as they wanted to drive straight. (If I had a rock...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I keep on finding out things that I would be better off not knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Internet reception in the countryside is very poor. Back home with folks for weekend.

Had an unwanted visitor into bedroom on Friday night. A bat woke me up flapping around. Couldn't get him out. Left the window wide open & fell back asleep. He made an appearance yesterday afternoon in the kitchen, so must have been hiding somewhere. :eek:

How did Batman originally get his powers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

More annoying than ""trivial" but still... fly tipping. Drove by a green near parents and there were a few black bags of rubbish in the centre.

To make matters worse, there was recycling stuff in there.

Lazy and ignorant

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    How did Batman originally get his powers?

He's looking for his Robin Ted. I think you're the chosen one... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Working in a jail you get this one. Prisoners that are serving life sentences say "ah I'm a lifer" to try and make you give them extra phone calls, extra food etc. Mate, you're trying to pull on my heartstrings by using the fact you murdered someone as a fact of why you should get more favourable treatment?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

When people milk the absolute sh1t out of their birthday, particularly if it's a milestone. A friend of mine turned 30 and has been celebrating for three weeks including a birthday holiday to Spain, a work party for it, a friend party for it and now she's hired out a function room for the finale! All the same people will be at it again!
    I'm sorry but cop the fook on. Whatever happened to low key birthdays with one celebration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Just nipped down to local chipper. Walked in and woman 6ft to 7ft from counter Looking up at the board. No-one in front of her so I walk past and order taken. Turn around and she gives me a look.

The cheek of her. What am I supposed to do, wait for her to take an age to make her mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

"motivational" texts arriving from Slimming World when Im trying to decide what to have after dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

That narrow margin for error when cleaning something from your crotch area between making it worse or making it look like you pissed yourself.

TV 3 and their ads that last an eternity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

TA that I'm dying sick in August. Thank fcuk I'm off work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I contact a service on fb, after back and forth they say, it will be on my page when I have it in/a vacancy!
    I wish I could have pawned off the presales work like that when I was self-employed or working in sales!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Totally regret not going to the shop to get sausage rolls now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cavu

Headaches ruining the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Found out this evenin some little scrotes burnt out the kids playground in the park. That’s bad form I hope they’re made an example of who does that shít

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote:
    Found out this evenin some little scrotes burnt out the kids playground in the park. That’s bad form I hope they’re made an example of who does that shít

Stay classy San Diego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Stay classy San Diego.

Depends on your definition was a party for the kids in the adjoining bowling club today anyway while the amenities are out of use. Meanwhile they’ll be dealt with....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People walking around in their bare feet. Like, on the pavement. Wtf???

Also, I've always thought Pulp Fiction was overrated rubbish. There, I said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Single Mammy types that are happy to walk to their local shop/supermarket wearing pajama bottoms. This neighbour of mine ALWAYS does it, drives me up the wall. Saw her doing it yesterday afternoon. Fair enough if you're going across to your neighbour to borrow a drop of milk...but walking over to a busy supermarket and buying groceries? Just no...

Looks rank and I do be thinking could she have slept in the same pajamas? Like being in a place where there is food and wearing something that she slept in, just doesn't sound hygienic. Just have this vision of her touching the fresh bread if the tongs weren't there. Put some f**king clothes on ffs!

Must look for a suggestion box in the shop, because it just gets on my tits.

Star Bingo wrote:
    Depends on your definition was a party for the kids in the adjoining bowling club today anyway while the amenities are out of use. Meanwhile they’ll be dealt with....

I meant the little scrotes have no class (in the voice of Ron burgundy)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA i dont text in full sentences anymore, and cant understand people who use proper full spelling and punctuation in informal texts. wouldn't go to the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Irish people who say Mom. When did this start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA i dont text in full sentences anymore, and cant understand people who use proper full spelling and punctuation in informal texts. wouldn't go to the effort.

I'm one of those people, my texts look very formal, even when they're not intended that way. Despite predictive text, I still type out the words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm one of those people, my texts look very formal, even when they're not intended that way. Despite predictive text, I still type out the words.

Snap. I hate text speak, and struggle to understand it, I often have to ask the sender to decipher it :D I do use predictive text though if they come up with the right words, I hate when it comes up with random words that have no connection with what you are trying to write :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Cheap kites that don't work. Plenty of wind, they go up about twenty feet, flap like they are having an epileptic episode, then plummet to the ground and break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

My niece called her phone her cellphone. Facepalm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

madmaggie wrote: »

Typing it out correctly is not formal. If I get a text with text speak I delete it, hurts my eyes to try and read it. If you're over 15 and use text speak, you are an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I’m in a few Facebook groups, mainly to do with football supporters for teams

If you want to stay then stay, if you want to leave well all the best

My TA is attention seeking dramatics. “That’s it I’m leaving, had enough, hate you all, rabble rabble”

....next week they are back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I’m in a few Facebook groups, mainly to do with football supporters for teams

If you want to stay then stay, if you want to leave well all the best

My TA is attention seeking dramatics. “That’s it I’m leaving, had enough, hate you all, rabble rabble”

....next week they are back

Oh god, there's one that I'm in that's all those kind of posts, or just general unnecessary drama. The page is so far from what it was meant to be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Back yet again on Aer Lingus vouchers. Not only do they charge an admin fee of €8 or whatever, the name needs to be the exact same as the Passport. Which is ridiculous at they let you pay with any old card whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

‪Someone is now playing Irish County Music out loud on this train!!! Tf for headphones and Spotify ‬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

There was a post/competition on Facebook last week for a €100 voucher for King Sitric. The usual rules.. like this post and in comments name the person who you would like to bring for dinner.

It’s not give a big sob story about how or why you deserve the voucher. It’s says like and name, that is all.. ye bunch of bleedin’ dicks !!

Sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Snap. I hate text speak, and struggle to understand it, I often have to ask the sender to decipher it :D I do use predictive text though if they come up with the right words, I hate when it comes up with random words that have no connection with what you are trying to write :mad:

Double snap and wouldn't stop for diamonds!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Try_harder wrote: »
    ‪Someone is now playing Irish County Music out loud on this train!!! Tf for headphones and Spotify ‬

Monaghan stuff is it?

Ta’d for that for sure.

Christ I'm badly sunburnt. Have the proper farmers tan. Would love if I could take my arms and neck off and put them in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I work with a few people from Kerry, these would be people in their 30s and 40s, they all refer to their mother as Mom

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement