Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Looking for an apartment/room to rent and people saying yeah I'll get back to you but when you actually follow up they're like oh sorry it's gone... Cheers mate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Looking for an apartment/room to rent and people saying yeah I'll get back to you but when you actually follow up they're like oh sorry it's gone... Cheers mate.

Welcome back NG :D

Welcome back NG :D

Thank you :) Nice to hear from you :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Held the door open for two ass clowns this morning who had two coffee's in each hand, do you think they said thanks? no, they continued to chatter like I was the invisible man, they must have thought the door magically opened for them :rolleyes:
    Thank you :) Nice to hear from you :)

I hope spain is treating you well?

Held the door open for two ass clowns this morning who had two coffee's in each hand, do you think they said thanks? no, they continued to chatter like I was the invisible man, they must have thought the door magically opened for them :rolleyes:

I hope spain is treating you well?

Back, didn't work out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Welcome back ,you were missed here and at least you gave it a try.x

Thank you, means alot, hope you are well x :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Conference call with idiots at 9.30. It shall be painful.

Sorry to hear that, at least you gave it a shot anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Fupping VHI - 250 quid excess that they somehow forgot to tell me about!

Tempted to go lick an Ebola patient just so they have to cough up. B'stards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I emailed a college for information about a course, and alternatives to it.
    The reply was completely useless, with someone humming and ahhing that in my situation ahhh... it was difficult to give any advice on what option to choose hummm... and to wait until some other courses I'm not interested in came up in September.
    The reason I emailed now is that some of the modules I'm interested in are advised as first come first served application, and start in October. Telling me to wait until September just doesn't seem helpful at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Conference call with idiots at 9.30. It shall be painful.

Turned out to be worse than i thought. They gave idiots a bad name. FML

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Trying to explain to an Italian barber what style haircut to give the young fella proved to be an impossible task...the kid now looks like something from ‘stand by me’.

My boy has a beautiful mop of blonde hair. He doesn't like getting his haircut, so by the time I get him to the barber, there's quite a lot of hair there.

I always tell the barber to hack into it, show them how short to cut it....but they all are afraid to do it and end up cutting his hair like an altar boy from the 80's.
    Then I have to keep telling them shorter, shorter, shorter. So his hell of going to a barber is made worse by having to get 3 haircuts at the same time til they get it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My boy has a beautiful mop of blonde hair. He doesn't like getting his haircut, so by the time I get him to the barber, there's quite a lot of hair there.

I always tell the barber to hack into it, show them how short to cut it....but they all are afraid to do it and end up cutting his hair like an altar boy from the 80's.
    Then I have to keep telling them shorter, shorter, shorter. So his hell of going to a barber is made worse by having to get 3 haircuts at the same time til they get it right.

And no matter what cut you get it will not be liked by the child’s mother. It’s a lose lose exercise .

Another TA is barbers, regardless of their level of English, cracking a wee joke about my own shiny head. Grrrrrr.

Cyclists thinking mounting the pavement negates the fact they are going down a one way street the wrong way.
    (and cycling Nazis defending them by arguing that in Amsterdam you can do just that!)

Drunks/junkies on the LUAS Red Line. Let's say I believe you that the 2 euro is for a "hostel" - what kind of eejit do you think I am getting my wallet out here ????

Parents with buggies the size of golf carts who expect/demand people get off the LUAS so they can get on!

Parents who choose the busiest commuter train to bring their kids on of an evening, arrive 3 minutes before the off and then start demanding you move so their kids can have a table.

Parents who let their brats run wild on trains and don't bother to parent them, save a cursory and half hearted "Jayden, play nice" as they go back to their wine and phone call.

People who don't know what carriage they're in and demand rudely that you move, you point out there is no name over the seat - look at their ticket and tell them Coach B is towards the front. Then they call you a b*tch!

BTW - these were all in last 2 days. FML!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ta'd that it didn't work out for northgirl but welcome back all the same you've been missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

TA’d at courier etiquette ....at this point they all know well I won’t be in when they arrive but yet call out and I have to go through the same re-arranging to collect at depot carry-on....why the hell can’t they save everyone’s time by allowing people to have this as an option from the get-go
    Worse again is the carry-on of some of them leaving it with some random person in the estate...cue exhaustive door to door trawl asking random neighbours if they did me the honour of accepting my parcel (because courier can’t tell me who has it)
    Sorry....just had to get that off my chest.....rant over (thank god sez you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Trying to explain to an Italian barber what style haircut to give the young fella proved to be an impossible task...the kid now looks like something from ‘stand by me’.

Could be worse, my nephew is currently rocking a Credence from Fantastic Beasts. And his is intentional!

Today's TA: New person on my pod in work who's minus craic so now my work husband and I have to behave like adults again.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Could be worse, my nephew is currently rocking a Credence from Fantastic Beasts. And his is intentional!

Today's TA: New person on my pod in work who's minus craic so now my work husband and I have to behave like adults again.

I hate that!!!!!

• Advertisement

I need to alter my posting style. Was in a pm conversation with someone and they thought I was a lady. (Not that kind of pm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who talk at me about work stuff before I've had a chance to take my f*cking coat off or start up my computer. Someone did it to me today and I ended up standing there listening to them sh*te on about something and eventually i had to say, "If you just let me open up my PC I can check what was sent" ffs... Also small talk in the canteen. See how my nose is buried in my book? That means you're excused from having to dream up small talk!

People who say " reinvent the wheel" should be reinvented.

Also, and this makes me mad. Anytime a child says something remotely "profound" (and it is usually not profound but just adults imposing what they want to hear on an otherwise innocuous and innocent statement) and then say "out of the mouths of babes". Im sorry but can you please jump from a f*cking height with your "mouths of babes" rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'd be able to make tea quicker if I switched on the kettle after I filled it grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

Absolute wanker of a bus driver didn't stop, had my hand out and the bus was half empty and he just drove on :mad: bus eireann are a shower of ****! :mad:

Absolute wanker of a bus driver didn't stop, had my hand out and the bus was half empty and he just drove on :mad: bus eireann are a shower of ****! :mad:

I'm waiting on a complaint from the UK - was there at the weekend.

Train was at a platform the other side of a long train. I started to run (I've an injury/complaint at the minute so mobility issues) and train host/guard saw me wobbling, limping and waving at him. Gets on train and as I reach the door at the end, he presses a button and moves off! Sees me looking and everything!

Utter c***!

Plus I had to pay an additional 12 sterling for the next train that went out 7 minutes later on the same company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Outstanding communications that get on my nerves,
    why do I do this to myself?. Too many platforms, waiting for a letter, a phone call(tho not as concerned about that, as although I was told to have a happy bank holiday, I was told the document vetting would be finished on tue/wed) a WhatsApp and now a pm on fb. :mad::mad:

Fgs someone responds to my communications!!!!!:eek::eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Feeling like I wish I could redo my whole life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Dublin centre, College Green. I'm in a bus that has moved about 10m from its starting point in 15 minutes. I've seen snails move faster than this. What are all those taxis doing?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you're having a text conversation with someone, you ask them a question, they read it, don't reply and then go offline! Even worse when they've been back online since :rolleyes:

EDIT: and then as soon as you put a post on boards they reply to you :p

bnt wrote: »
    Dublin centre, College Green. I'm in a bus that has moved about 10m from its starting point in 15 minutes. I've seen snails move faster than this. What are all those taxis doing?

And the pleb who designed the luas cross city was the same one who designed the port tunnel, thought by many to be too low. I get off at Central Bank now, couldn't be bothered waiting for the bus to make it around that corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

More than a TA today. Got to 4 days smoke free, and cracked at lunch time today. So so annoyed with myself and my lack of self control. I just need to say no like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The chase.
    Bradley...Why did you give that answer?

Punter.....educated guess Bradley.

Wrong......how is an educated guess wrong, surely educated is right????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TG1 wrote: »
    More than a TA today. Got to 4 days smoke free, and cracked at lunch time today. So so annoyed with myself and my lack of self control. I just need to say no like.

Happens to me all the time with sugar, but start again and try to keep away from trigger situations for a while. That can be a hard habit to break too.

Good Luck.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Colleague of mine had a massive white head on her chin today. It was so jarring it was bugging me the whole day just knowing it was sitting there on her face. I felt like Austin powers and the guy with the mole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Being so bloody socially awkward.

I was mid power-walk yesterday when I bumped into a woman that I barely know but I had to stop and talk to her. Everything was going grand, making small talk and chatting about a wedding I'm going to in a couple of weeks.
    Then as we were leaving she said 'Enjoy the wedding', and I said 'You too'.

FFS.

My social awkward comrade

I got off a Ryanair plane in Dublin and waiting by the steps for my friend.

Another guy was milling around waiting for his wife and he was dressed for the heat; shorts, sandals, tshirt

"Have you been somewhere hot" asks I just to chat as we waited like

What a clown I was, he was on the exact same plane as me from Germany :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Forgetting to charge my Apple Watch

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My social awkward comrade

I got off a Ryanair plane in Dublin and waiting by the steps for my friend.

Another guy was milling around waiting for his wife and he was dressed for the heat; shorts, sandals, tshirt

"Have you been somewhere hot" asks I just to chat as we waited like

What a clown I was, he was on the exact same plane as me from Germany :o

I booked into a hotel last week. The woman on reception said "enjoy your stay" and I said "you too". Serious face palm :o

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Finding everything really difficult, just had a cry, I should be happy but just can't be :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Slightly annoyed at how long it takes to get going on the xbox I bought today, hours of updates and signins and crap, just let me play the damned thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People giving me stuff. If I get another set of mugs I'll whack the giver with them. Either I must look impoverished, or a gullible fool. Probably the latter.

• Advertisement

Trying to organise things. I know I need to do them, but I'm just not able to be organised

People who work with the public but lack the most basic people skills.

Getting up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

People that stare at you. What the fock are you looking at?
    I mean I'm grand looking I suppose, even been called handsome once by a stranger!

But these fcukers stare at you as if your eyebrows fell off when you were asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ugh it's not fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Poked myself in the eye with my eyeliner. Now it's bloodshot and watery and sore.

Getting on a train at 6.54am and realising it looks more like a fecking office than a train!!!!

NO ONE IS THAT IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

Aaaand rant over.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TG1 wrote: »

4 days is f*cking excellent.
    Cracking is acceptable, don't beat yourself up over it, you know now that you have the power to go 4 days!

I'm TA'd with myself because I made an instant coffee for myself but I should have brewed a pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Any time I have to communicate with my letting agent it TAs me. Currently trying to renew my parking permit and both they and the council are making it unnecessarily difficult.

• Advertisement

Ta'd I'm constantly mixing Jamie Doran up with Henry Cavill, I thought was Doran was in mission impossible but it was actually Cavill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement