Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

People whinging about not being able to smoke on hospital grounds and how it's "so unfair" when it's raining. How about you smoke on your actual designated coffee or lunch breaks instead of taking a 10 minute break every hour IN ADDITION TO YOUR DESIGNATED COFFEE AND LUNCH BREAKS???

And idiot pedestrians who seem to forget that even if they have a green man to cross the road and traffic has a red light TRAFFIC CAN STILL PROCEED UP TO THE STOP LINE.
    I was on my way to work this morning and filtered to the top of the queue of traffic. As I got to the second car, I could see a pedestrian crossing the road sideways a good bit away from the crossing, however, because I'm a decent human being, I slowed down and stopped before I got to her. Instead of her just walking across the road and getting on with her day, she continued across the road while glaring at me. I said "what?" to her and she started shouting and pointing at the red light and as she continued walking down the footpath, she was still shouting at me. Eh okay then you mad bitch. Thankfully I couldn't hear a word she was saying because I had my earphones in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

EVERY time my OH needs to use my car for travel for work (couple times a year) It always just happens that I've JUST filled my car and I get in his and its either on the red or hovering juuuust above it so I know either going to or coning from work it'll ding on... And his radio doesn't work so no background noise to distract me from the anger.. *grumble*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Was TA'd at everyone yesterday, had a short fuse all day. Managed to limit it to only one outburst.

Fair play, Ted, they probably had it coming, anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cat litter tray needs a cleaning, but there's a bit of a stand off between me and Mrs Bap about it. She claims she has to do it all the time, whereas she really means that sometimes she does it when I haven't gotten to it first.

It stinks at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Cat litter tray needs a cleaning, but there's a bit of a stand off between me and Mrs Bap about it. She claims she has to do it all the time, whereas she really means that sometimes she does it when I haven't gotten to it first.

Jesus boom. My stomach is heaving at the thoughts of that. Clean the fcuking thing instead of having your house smelling of cat sh*t to prove a point!! That's just rank.

TA my lips are so so dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Oh Jesus I would roundhouse the whole fuckin' lot through the window - box, cat, wife... GAAAAAHHHH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA1: Out for dinner last night. Ordered a steak 'medium to well done', waitress says 'oh would you not just have it medium?'. I goggled at her for about 10 seconds before just saying no. Stupid thing came out incinerated then. Maybe she knew the chef overcooked everything. :rolleyes:

TA2: Same waitress, same meal. Ordered ribs for starter, they were atrocious, barely any meat on them, dry as a bone. Couldn't eat them. Waitress kept at me about what was wrong with them. Typical Irish me was like 'oh they were fine'. She eventually got me to admit that they were too dry so she offered me a free desert which was nice of her. Desert was mank though. :mad: Thoroughly disappointing meal.

TA3: Had to drive to work today which is bad enough. Got to the car park, needed £3.50 for the meter, I could only scrape together enough to get me to 3.30, a half an hour before I can leave work. So do I go back at lunch and buy another half hour? Even though it will say 1pm-1.30 on it? Do traffic wardens take how much you've paid or do they just look at the latest time on the ticket? FS. I'm not in the mood for this ****.

I am not in the mood for humaning this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I miss my nieces and just want cuddles from them but have to wait til this virus clears before I visit them :(
    Wouldn't mind one of the little raps prob gave it to me in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

One of my glands feels like its trying to burst out from my neck. Panadol isn't doing squat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jesus boom. My stomach is heaving at the thoughts of that. Clean the fcuking thing instead of having your house smelling of cat sh*t to prove a point!! That's just rank.

TA my lips are so so dry.

Ah now, we're now f*cking savages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The way insurance companies ring you 2.7 nanoseconds after you get an online quote from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The way insurance companies ring you 2.7 nanoseconds after you get an online quote from them.

chill are baxtards for that. I give my number as 086 0000000!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aglomerado wrote: »
    chill are baxtards for that. I give my number as 086 0000000!

That's who it was! I gave the main switch number and as I'm so new I don't have an extension yet so the Receptionist was like "I'll ask her to call you back". Yis'll be waiting a while for that call, fukkers. Their cheapest quote was over twice my renewal price!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Contacts are so so irritating :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Stupid smiley heads on weather people telling you the weather is going to be sh1te. Fcuk off and stop looking so happy about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

When you read a conversation someone thinks you're never going to see and see yourself being called a whore and accused of cheating and having your lips done so you can suck harder. Wouldn't mind but the person who said it looks like she was set on fire and put out with a shovel.

There's nothing worse than when you overhear people badmouthing you.

Had it happen to me one night. Was in taking a leak and overheard out the window two so called mates talking about me outside in the smoking area. Terrible things were said.

Arrived in with a face like thunder, they knew I knew when they saw me. Very bad scene all round. Was eventually straightened out but I still don't trust those two snakes to this day.

Ah now, we're now f*cking savages.

:pac:

Did you clean it Yeh?!!!!

Did you clean it Yeh?!!!!

I just did what jimgoose recommended.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Vvvveeeerrrry TAed at people who see fit to fling badly-in-need-of-cleaning kitty-litter trays out of the window without checking who might be walking underneath it!!! :mad:

But really, my TA is aftershaves that smell like half-digested alcohol, and the men who wear them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

New Home wrote: »
    Vvvveeeerrrry TAed at people who see fit to fling badly-in-need-of-cleaning kitty-litter trays out of the window without checking who might be walking underneath it!!! :mad:

Wtf?

To thine own self be true

Just saw a post in a Facebook running group I'm in where a woman was delighted because her husband offered to kind the kids so she could go for a run.

Oh. How kind of him :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

New Home wrote: »
    But really, my TA is aftershaves that smell like half-digested alcohol, and the men who wear them.

That's no way to talk about Sex Panther.... or is it London Gent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People that stand just that little bit too close to you when talking. Back away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The way everything is reduced to hashtags

The way Hillary Clinton is everywhere I look. You don't see John Kerry, John McCain or Mitt Romney still skulking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Guys who say theyll call to fix a back door and never show. How they manage to run a business is beyond me. Idiots9:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Someone just started chatting away to me there as if they've known me for years. And I was kinda too sick/not arsed enough to ask who the fcuk are ya

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    That's no way to talk about Sex Panther.... or is it London Gent?

It's Renard Argenté, obvs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that i was thinking of going to the cinema tonight but i've just remembered that it is bargain wednesday. last time i went on a wednesday the queue for popcorn was so long i couldn't get any. never again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Olivier Giroud leaving Arsenal... for Chelsea- my heart is broken 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Airport security guards who want to take my photograph with them as they like my uniform!
    How do you tell them to FTFO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

smurfjed wrote: »
    Airport security guards who want to take my photograph with them as they like my uniform!
    How do you tell them to FTFO!

Just tell them that the Ryanair stewardess uniform is property of Michael O'Leary and he'll sue their asses if pics are taken without written consent!

:D:D

Am email reminding you that you forgot to go for your NCT -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was having a lovely evening when I all of a sudden started to feel really sick. Started to burn up and thought I was going to throw up. Feeling a bit better now but still not great. I better not be getting this bug that everyone has had!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I had someone I don't know very well ask me if I'm too ill to have sex. Get away ta feck. I'll be riding until my last wheezing breath :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Wheezing my life away. :mad::( Funny thing is the Doctor didn't believe me that I was sick the other day when I went in! :rolleyes::( I havn't got a full-scale dose of anything so full-scale coughing is recurrent? intermittent? I dunno what the correct word would be. But jaysus if I have to go proving to a Doctor that I'm not sick what is the World coming to at all! :rolleyes: Sometimes knowing our own bodies just goes above and beyond the realms of reasonability and ridiculous-ness.. :rolleyes::rolleyes: If it hurts to eat swallow and talk I think I know my own throat. If I'm struggling to breathe, I have feicing Asthma, I think I know my own Chest like. :( Eeughh. Life eh.... And again, just because my Glans aren't sore in the 5 seconds that you touch them means fup all. I have Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Pain outside of that like. Up your game and step up to the plate Doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Every time that I go for something to eat the waiter/waitress comes over to ask "is everything okay?" at the exact second I've just shoved a load of food in my mouth.

Every. Single. Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Arghus wrote: »
    Every time that I go for something to eat the waiter/waitress comes over to ask "is everything okay?" at the exact second I've just shoved a load of food in my mouth.

Every. Single. Time.

Not all... but some.do.it deliberately...bit of a game between waiting staff
    Waking up at 4 and having nothing to do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Wheezing my life away. :mad::( Funny thing is the Doctor didn't believe me that I was sick the other day when I went in! :rolleyes::( I havn't got a full-scale dose of anything so full-scale coughing is recurrent? intermittent? I dunno what the correct word would be. But jaysus if I have to go proving to a Doctor that I'm not sick what is the World coming to at all! :rolleyes: Sometimes knowing our own bodies just goes above and beyond the realms of reasonability and ridiculous-ness.. :rolleyes::rolleyes: If it hurts to eat swallow and talk I think I know my own throat. If I'm struggling to breathe, I have feicing Asthma, I think I know my own Chest like. :( Eeughh. Life eh.... And again, just because my Glans aren't sore in the 5 seconds that you touch them means fup all. I have Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Pain outside of that like. Up your game and step up to the plate Doctor.

Sounds like you need a different doc. I go to a doc once a year and myself and an X felt that same doc was very rushed. Paid top dolla and he couldn’t wait to get us out the door. ( sep apts) Uo to 15 mins is reasonable, he got anxious when I took my winter jacket off on arrival .... funk that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who can't just text like a normal person. I've a viral infection I'm in bad form and all yesterday evening when all I wanted was texting all I got was "call" "can I call?" "Answer" "call me back" gway

Double TA have to go see my solicitor this am but not sure I'll get out of work in time so as not to be late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Working nights and having to listen to happy chappy people talking sh1te to you while about a quarter of your body tries to follow the conversation while the rest of you wonders what the fcuk is going on.Hazey hangover without having drank a drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Opening the curtains or blinds and every single time its the wrong side of the string .So if I want to open they close tighter , if I want to close they open wider .Every single solitary time .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

2 numbers away from €500,000 on the lotto Plus 1 last night!!

more than TA'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Had to get up 30 minutes early this morning because i was dying for a wee. Because i had extra time i had time to make myself a cup of tea. Do you think i remembered to drink the cup of tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

we have a clock on the wall in the kitchen. The battery went in it, so rather than keep looking at it and getting shocked at the incorrect time, I took it off the wall, with the intention of getting a battery and sticking it back up there.

2 days later, I still have not remembered to get the battery, but worse again, I keep looking up at where the clock used to be like a dumbass!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

.... And again, just because my Glans aren't sore in the 5 seconds that you touch them means fup all. I have Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Pain outside of that like...

I assumed from the username that you were female. I guess it could be a typo but it sounds like a bad dose either way. Hope you're on the mend soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

2 numbers away from €500,000 on the lotto Plus 1 last night!!

more than TA'd
    If you look at it as being 1892 chances away from picking the winning combination of numbers it doesn't seem as bad.

When I got home from work yesterday, I had a case of the sniffles.
    By the time I went to bed it had turned into full on nose waterfalls, sore throat, sore shoulders and feeling like a lump of poop.

Woke up about 324787589234543 times not able to breathe. Scared the cats each time I blew my nose.
    Woke up an hour before my alarm clock.

Decided to make a pineapple, blueberry and coconut water smoothie this morning which I lashed into me, now I can feel that gurgling through me. There will be a sprint to the jacks shortly.

So yeah, I'm just dandy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

People who seem to think that the purpose of mopping a floor is to just get it really really wet, rather than y'know, actually clean it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Kinda TA'd that my OH always leaves it to the last minute to get to the airport for flights, I actually had the airline calling me this morning asking where she was!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement