Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Ta'd I'm constantly mixing Jamie Doran up with Henry Cavill, I thought was Doran was in mission impossible but it was actually Cavill.

Simple remedy:

Jamie Dornan is currently tied up in my spare room dressed in a loincloth.

Henry Cavill was Superman. And not eye candy.

Here to help!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Simple remedy:

Jamie Dornan is currently tied up in my spare room dressed in a loincloth.

Henry Cavill was Superman. And not eye candy.

Here to help!

Cavill is the bop off him when he has facial hair!

Cavill is the bop off him when he has facial hair!

Makes note: take off glasses, stand in when Mrs D gets suspicious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolita77

A colleague of mine comes in in the mornings wearing her sun glasses inside all the way to her desk at the far end of the building. Strolling in looking like a diva and it makes me so angry even though I could just not look up when she comes in. But when I do see her she puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I don't know, I just find it so rude

Lolita77 wrote: »
    A colleague of mine comes in in the mornings wearing her sun glasses inside all the way to her desk at the far end of the building. Strolling in looking like a diva and it makes me so angry even though I could just not look up when she comes in. But when I do see her she puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I don't know, I just find it so rude

Yeah I've one - thankfully on ANOTHER period of maternity leave now! - who swans in like Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

Utter wagon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Yeah I've one - thankfully on ANOTHER period of maternity leave now! - who swans in like Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

Utter wagon!

No one has the right to be waltzing in to work like that, could not be dealing with...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People coming to events with their arms swinging. One arm as long as the other. Eat and drink for the day. It annoys me.

Will I ever get more than five hours sleep again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I don't care that you're pregnant. That doesn't give you the right to jump the queue in McDonald's for God's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TG1 wrote: »
    More than a TA today. Got to 4 days smoke free, and cracked at lunch time today. So so annoyed with myself and my lack of self control. I just need to say no like.

It's not a sin to fall, only to lie there! You can do it!

TA people always assuming the worst of you.

• Advertisement

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I don't care that you're pregnant. That doesn't give you the right to jump the queue in McDonald's for God's sake.

First day of the Baby on Board debacle - skinny bird with abs of steel gets on the Green Line LUAS wearing one and asks man in 60s to stand up for her.

I suggested to Transport for Ireland they adopt a system like London Transport, a badge saying "I Need A Seat" so the elderly, mobility issues, etc can get a seat.

No reply as yet but I don't anticipate one.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    It's not a sin to fall, only to lie there! You can do it!

TA people always assuming the worst of you.

Agreed - and to quote our own Samuel Beckett:

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm wearing jeans for the first time in months and I forgot how uncomfortable they are. Bate on to me. Or else I've just gotten fatter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Lolita77 wrote:

I feel like an eejit when I wear my sunglasses inside but there prescription ones so if I take them off I'm blind. I try to carry both and swap when I'm inside but I don't always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I feel like an eejit when I wear my sunglasses inside but there prescription ones so if I take them off I'm blind. I try to carry both and swap when I'm inside but I don't always

O/H's eldest daughter is French and she says she wears her sunglasses inside to prevent unconscious* squinting, which causes premature lines around the eyes.

* squinting against the change in light without noticing its happening and causing those lines.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The daddy: That poor girl died yesterday. She had cancer.
    Me: Oh who is that?
    Daddy: Jaysus now let me think. Ah I can't remember her name.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I'm wearing jeans for the first time in months and I forgot how uncomfortable they are. Bate on to me. Or else I've just gotten fatter :p

I gave up wearing jeans years ago. I hate them! Now leggings!!! (Beautiful I know but!!) :pac:

Long back story, but sufficient to say that today I am ta at 'teachers' of all grades that don't understand the concept of chaotic homes and the effect it has on their students. In particular when it comes to deadlines or things associated with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Colleague of mine had a massive white head on her chin today. It was so jarring it was bugging me the whole day just knowing it was sitting there on her face. I felt like Austin powers and the guy with the mole.

Or Uncle Buck with the school headmistress.

When I get out of the car at the office I'm generally juggling my handbag, my laptop bag, my gym bag, my lunch bag and trying to manoeuvre my swipe up to the card reader so I can get into the building. If my sunglasses staying on until I get to my desk and dump all of my stuff so I have a free hand to take them off irks some people so badly, well, pity about them.

People taking advantage and manipulating me to take on extra work.

Leave me alone, I'm tired. :(

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    People taking advantage and manipulating me to take on extra work.

Leave me alone, I'm tired. :(

Have you had the "but you're so good at that...." ?

They try that a lot.

They know my weakness is flattery :P

They know my weakness is flattery :P

Yeah mine too - pathetic aren't we ??!!!!

Nah, just human :)

Nah, just human :)

I'm going with that - or "very kind"!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

People who just have no phone courtesy.

I had to ring the finance department of a fairly large company in respect of an email I just received in work. So after being transferred around numerous switchboards I finally get.....

"Finance Department".

"Hi there I am just looking to speak to someone with regard to X as I have just received an email in relation to X and it just seems there is a prob......*cut off and phone is being transferred to someone else*. I then end up at someones voicemail who is on annual leave for two weeks which is another TA in itself... but anyways, no "Sorry I don't deal with those queries I'll pass you through to someone who can help" or even just a simple "Could you please just hold for a moment".. Just a straight cut off where I end up talking to myself!!

smeal wrote: »
    People who just have no phone courtesy.

I had to ring the finance department of a fairly large company in respect of an email I just received in work. So after being transferred around numerous switchboards I finally get.....

"Finance Department".

"Hi there I am just looking to speak to someone with regard to X as I have just received an email in relation to X and it just seems there is a prob......*cut off and phone is being transferred to someone else*. I then end up at someones voicemail who is on annual leave for two weeks which is another TA in itself... but anyways, no "Sorry I don't deal with those queries I'll pass you through to someone who can help" or even just a simple "Could you please just hold for a moment".. Just a straight cut off where I end up talking to myself!!

Bugbear of mine that!!!! Impolite!!!

TA (cos it's near hometime and on my mind!!!) - idiots who get on packed LUAS with full backpack and don't remove it.

I"m only 5ft 1 - it's about the level to concuss me sometimes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Bugbear of mine that!!!! Impolite!!!

TA (cos it's near hometime and on my mind!!!) - idiots who get on packed LUAS with full backpack and don't remove it.

I"m only 5ft 1 - it's about the level to concuss me sometimes!!!!

Ah feck I had the unpleasant experience of being on the LUAS at rush hour at the same time as about 30 cackling Spanish students the other day. That's 30 lanky teenagers with 30 flourescent yellow backpacks.

Also what is with those kids manners? A group of them were surrounding an elderly lady who was sitting down and they were passing phones that were playing loud music across her. And why do they feel the need to literally scream at one another to have conversations?

smeal wrote: »
    Ah feck I had the unpleasant experience of being on the LUAS at rush hour at the same time as about 30 cackling Spanish students the other day. That's 30 lanky teenagers with 30 flourescent yellow backpacks.

Also what is with those kids manners? A group of them were surrounding an elderly lady who was sitting down and they were passing phones that were playing loud music across her. And why do they feel the need to literally scream at one another to have conversations?

Yeah they've been on my LUAS a few mornings.

Might be here to learn but manners should be on the curriculum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I booked a taxi on the mytaxi app, entered my collection point and drop off location, and yet the driver still rang me looking for directions as to where I am. That's what google maps are for pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Just arrived home to find a BMW (you'll realise in a moment why I specifically mention that it's a BMW;)) parked across the bottom of my driveway so I couldn't pull in. I beeped the horn once and the driver waved their hand at me and glared at me in the mirror so I put my finger on the horn until the driver got out. The guy driving the car walked back to me and shouted at me "what's your problem?" so, I explained "I'm trying to get into my house, I thought that would be obvious" and he said "just drive around me", I said "no, I'm not driving my bike up on the grass verge, you're actually parked on my driveway so move". So after much cursing, he got into his car and moved past my driveway, just barely! He then got out of his car again so I hung on to see what other delightful things he had to say. He said "what's your fucking problem anyway?" and I asked him what he didn't understand about me trying to pull into my driveway. I then said "every house on this road has been robbed so I'm always suspicious of strange vehicles" and then, he said this "someone driving a BMW is hardly going to be robbing houses" :pac::pac::pac::

Lucky guy has obviously never met a traveller!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

erica74 wrote: »
    "someone driving a BMW is hardly going to be robbing houses"

"How do I know it's not stolen?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I booked a taxi on the mytaxi app, entered my collection point and drop off location, and yet the driver still rang me looking for directions as to where I am. That's what google maps are for pal.

Ass Clown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People who have to comment on EVERYTHING. Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who go on about being independent and self sufficient and, most importantly, not in need of people nor neighbours. But then abuse the kindness of others by looking for them to do all their running and racing for them - house repairs, grocery shopping etc.
    Admit it. You need help from time to time. We all do. But we don't abuse it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Found out why the trains are manic- The Horse Show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Try_harder wrote: »
    Found out why the trains are manic- The Horse Show!

TA'd I'm not getting in to the horse show at all this year. First year in about 25 I won't be there!

In an attempt to find a life, about 2 months ago I contacted the organiser of one of the activities I would like to take part in Sept.
    She responded with a date and a lot of references to venue fb pages that would have that info instead of the page I massaged her on.

Today I had a look on the original page I messaged from and there it was, all the info I needed and not a word on the pages she told me to watch for this info. If I was one of those ppl who didn't know the lie of the land here, I would easily have missed it.

* Neither night its on suits me either.:mad:

And ppl wonder why I want to go home[/SIZE][/SIZE].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

How does anyone think waiting over 3 hours in a maternity hospital is acceptable? There was a lady here involved in a car crash that had to wait 5 hours to get seen by a doctor.
    I'm at 3 and I'm not pregnant but probably bled to death in another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People that have to say "jaknowhaimean" at the end of every sentence, bloody annoying.... jaknowhaimean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

TA
    Can't believe how naive I am at times :(

Whocanibe wrote: »
    TA
    Can't believe how naive I am at times :(

We all are!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Fecksake I've ruptured my eardrum again 🙈

Fecksake I've ruptured my eardrum again 🙈

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Spots. Who the feck gets spots in their fifties? I'm like a teenager in reverse. I feel like flouncing out, slamming the door and shouting "it's SO unfair."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Shpud2 wrote: »

Oooh, never get between a pregnant lady and a McDonald's craving!!

TA, blocked nose and can't sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

madmaggie wrote: »
    Spots. Who the feck gets spots in their fifties? I'm like a teenager in reverse. I feel like flouncing out, slamming the door and shouting "it's SO unfair."

My skin has never been worse! I feel your pain.

Told to "fook off bi*ch" by a cyclist at the lights by the Flowing Tide this morning.

My own fault really, you know crossing on a green man and expecting a moving vehicle to stop because there's a LUAS heading cross ways going to Busaras!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA things I want to do today but bad health.

(lucky it's things I want to do rather than things I have to do I guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolita77

TA'd at myself for making comments on this thread in 2014 that I got distracted by Martina Fitzgerald wonky mouth even though she's a very good reporter. 
    Fast forward 4 years and I need to say that my comments were childish, you're a great reporter  and you look fantastic. Go Martina!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement