Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

"Commoner-garden variety".

"Outer-body experience".

I have seen both of these atrocities in print already today and it's not even noon. My rage levels should not be this high this early. And on a Friday to boot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

All the good food was gone from the canteen at break!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

All the good food was gone from the canteen at break!

It's the universe's way of saying "eat chocolate my child and go for a noon day pint"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The document I'm reading is justified but the margin on the right is bigger than the margin on the left and it's making my eye twitch.
    This is the most trivial of annoyances.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The document I'm reading is justified but the margin on the right is bigger than the margin on the left and it's making my eye twitch.

TA - people who justify documents and have the last line of a paragraph stretched out!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

People posting cars for sale on Done Deal and not removing the ad when its sold, even after a week or 2. Are these people not sick of getting phone calls about a car they sold or are they just lonely looking for someone to talk to?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TA - people who justify documents and have the last line of a paragraph stretched out!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TA at myself for not knowing wtf justifying a document is and wondering if I’ve unintentionally been a TA to others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dial Hard wrote: »
    "Commoner-garden variety".

"Outer-body experience".

I have seen both of these atrocities in print already today and it's not even noon. My rage levels should not be this high this early. And on a Friday to boot.

"Lolling" at this! Too funny!! - I would be the same - look, it's an excuse for a Friday evening tipple if there ever was one!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Insect bites. I know I should not scratch but mother of mercy the relief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I've finished lunch and I still feel hungry but I think it's really just greediness..

Insect bites. I know I should not scratch but mother of mercy the relief.

I've a cluster of scars over my eyebrow from scratching chicken pox.

Still worth it 38 years on!!!!!! RELIEF!!!

I've a cluster of scars over my eyebrow from scratching chicken pox.

Still worth it 38 years on!!!!!! RELIEF!!!

Ah here, don’t be telling me that. Will be looking at everyone’s eye brows on the luas to see if I can spot you!

Ah here, don’t be telling me that. Will be looking at everyone’s eye brows on the luas to see if I can spot you!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

erica74 wrote: »
    My skin has never been worse! I feel your pain.

Me three.
    I have more spot creams, washes, scrubs, concealer than the girls had in total and still not the skin I had in my teens.:mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta at the woman who loudly took me to task for standing in a queue for cash, when there were ppl sitting down in what I knew to be the waiting area for office services.

* Even tho she said she was waiting for the cashier, she had an appointment for something in the office. As Im now at the end of god knows which queue, how did she think I was going to miss her going into the office(and showing herself up to be a loud untruth teller)

**The person who was indeed waiting for the teller, didn't say a word about any of this. He wasn't with untruth teller.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

In work I am doing the work of about 4 people at the moment eg my own dept lead 2 different regions, another role that I cross over with and then another role that is completely different.

I sit in a corner work from 8.15 to 5.30 email every evening when home and no one seems to care what I do or know what I do.

It's just getting very annoying that I get more or less no support and fell like I am a island slowly sinking!!!. As I can't keep going like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Have few grey hairs, nothing bad like but it's been there for years so I thought I'd use Just for Men. Used it for the first time in my life

It's cheap, it's easy and it works.

My TA is with myself. I'm a fool for using Jet Black. I do have black hair like, I'm not colour blind but they ain't lying about the jet!

It'll be gone in a few weeks and I'll brazen out any slagging. Lesson learned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Have few grey hairs, nothing bad like but it's been there for years so I thought I'd use Just for Men. Used it for the first time in my life

It's cheap, it's easy and it works.

My TA is with myself. I'm a fool for using Jet Black. I do have black hair like, I'm not colour blind but they ain't lying about the jet!

It'll be gone in a few weeks and I'll brazen out any slagging. Lesson learned

If you don't like it and want to lighten it quicker wash your hair daily with Head and Shoulders . Its strips the colour out quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Had a headache all day, and suffered through I'm silence. Then in the last half hour 3 people in the office started complaining they had a headache. I couldn't join in at that point cos it would have looked like jumping on the bandwagon....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

It's not really annoying but more disappointing. When you thought you got on with a work colleague but it turns out they're a proper wanker. It's actually a good thing really when their true character reveals itself. At least then you know where you stand with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My phone dropped down the toilet for the second time and sadly didn't survive, I totally forgot I pay a few euro insurance every month and got a new one without thinking to claim for it.
    Having to get used to said new phone.
    Realising when my arm is hanging off that I should have got a trolley instead of a basket.
    Weird threads that I just don't get, but lots of posters have their knickers in a twist over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Paying the TV licence fee. Tonight on Rte1, The Nathan Carter Show followed directly with Nathan goes to Hollywood. Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Samsgirl wrote:
    Paying the TV licence fee. Tonight on Rte1, The Nathan Carter Show followed directly with Nathan goes to Hollywood. Ffs.

Someone in Montrose's next bright idea: Nathan goes to Hollywood with Dermot Bannon, Daniel & Majella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You know when you click on a non obvious clickbait article and realise just how sh!te and clickbaity it is and end up saying to yourself ah fuk off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Samsgirl wrote: »

He is a bit of eye candy to sweeten up the thought of the summer coming to an end.
    My TA is that fuppin Rose of Tralee will he on soon and then we'll definitely know the summer is gone.

To thine own self be true

When the last bottle of wine in the house tastes like vinegar.
    Still drunk it though.

Woke up hours ago feeling awful, and it's not drink related at all.
    Wouldn't mind wasting a saturday to a hangover but if I haven't had the fun of a night on the booze, feeling like this on a saturday is annoying....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Feeling very unwell which means no Comic Con, I've been looking forward to it for months :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I watched an episode of Stranger Things last night that there was mention of Farrah Fawcett in. I wondered what she was up to these days, loved her in Charlie's Angels when I was little. I gave her a Google and it turns out she isn't up to much as she died in 2009, TA I never heard that. She died on the same day as Michael Jackson and her death was totally over shadowed by his :(

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I told my friend yesterday if I'm awake in morning I'll text you but if you don't hear from me presume I'm asleep. She rings me and wakes me anyway. So frustrating when I purposely told her so she didn't wake me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Every morning it's the same. Mr M sets his alarm for whatever time, it goes off alright but it doesn't wake him up.

I wouldn't mind if he snoozed it quickly every time, right ? But he doesn't ! He just lays there, listening to this goddawful thing for whatever number of minutes until it snoozes itself.

And because he has it on full blast, we can hear it throughout the house, so unless I storm in and give out about it (which I'm seriously about to do), we're all sitting there suffering this bloody thing between 5 to 10 times.

Gotta go !:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Staying on the alarm topic...when I eventually rouse out of a coma to turn off the alarm on my phone I always squint at it and think "Why dafuc is Adam ringing me" because it says alarm but I always read it as Adam...every single time..more embarrassing than annoying at this stage.

Also when I set the alarm it tells me how long I have left before it goes off,usually something ridiculous like 4 or 5 hours because I've been browsing here when I should be asleep..I know myself how long I have left so there's no need to tell me and make me feel worse..then I tell the phone to **** off so that makes me sound mad on top of the annoyance.

TLDR I hate getting up for work and everything associated with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Every morning it's the same. Mr M sets his alarm for whatever time, it goes off alright but it doesn't wake him up.

I wouldn't mind if he snoozed it quickly every time, right ? But he doesn't ! He just lays there, listening to this goddawful thing for whatever number of minutes until it snoozes itself.

And because he has it on full blast, we can hear it throughout the house, so unless I storm in and give out about it (which I'm seriously about to do), we're all sitting there suffering this bloody thing between 5 to 10 times.

Give him a boot up the ass, that will learn him :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that I must be the only person that doesn't need an alarm to wake up in the morning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just keep his alarm clock under his pillow.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA that I must be the only person that doesn't need an alarm to wake up in the morning.

Nice way of getting everyone to hate you.

The advert with the young woman saying "I can be sweet and sensitive...unless you're a thrush infection".

Now I be one of them wimmin folk and have the same bits but must we have these adverts all the bloody time ????

My TA is my inability to have a sleep in. Only exception is if I go to bed three sheets to the wind.
    But that’s not really sleep is it? More unconsciousness.

New Home wrote: »
    Just keep his alarm clock under his pillow.

Nice way of getting everyone to hate you.

tumblr_moc1cg6aqi1s56q19o1_400.gif?resize=321%2C200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

People who as soon as they find out what your job is act like they know better than you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

It's pouring rain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at myself and how paranoid I am :mad:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd at myself and how paranoid I am :mad:

We were just saying that too.

:P

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    We were just saying that too.

:P

:eek::eek::eek:

Watching The Affair and wanting to punch the members of this bat crap crazy wimmins circle.

Phoned the vhi nurseline to see if I should go to the out of hours gp service or just wait whatever this bug is out for the weekend. Nurse asked me about 8 times in the conversation was I sure I wasn't pregnant..... Like, I'd tell you if I was, honestly..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dublin Bus, absolutely the worst thing about trips back to visit family. 49 timetable is absolute fiction.

Just as I'm about to head into work the heavens open and it starts lashing, just my luck :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I like technology but I hate phones. (I don't work in computers but I'm the unofficial IT expert in my area). I was forced to get my first mobile phone in 2006 as a family 'birthday present'. In gratitude, I said "Jesus was also crucified at the age of 33".

12 years later, I have self-crucified by buying a smartphone. That's my trivial annoyance.

Full blown migraine has descended upon me :'(

Full blown migraine has descended upon me :'(

You have my deepest sympathy. They were created by Satan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement