Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Full blown migraine has descended upon me :'(

I hope it improves. I've only have headaches achieved by alcohol or lack of sleep (or both).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Fill the sink to soak the lasagne dish, come back half hour later to finish the job only to see all the water gone cause of a little seed keeping the plug from being fully sealed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Saw a car parked up with the windscreen wipers stopped pointing straight up when engine was switched off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Saw a car parked up with the windscreen wipers stopped pointing straight up when engine was switched off.

100% this !!
    What's the difficulty in turning the wipers off before switching off the engine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I can do this on purpose in my car - apparently to make it handier to clean or change the blades.

EDIT under normal operation they seem to park properly once the car is switched off

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    100% this !!
    What's the difficulty in turning the wipers off before switching off the engine?

I start the car again the rare time that it might happen..can't understand that it doesn't annoy some people.
    Also I can't stand the wipers that both go in opposite directions rather than the same direction..probably just me but I wouldn't buy a car with those.My friends car has them and it just doesn't seem right to me.Also I hate the cars that cut out when stopped at the lights etc and as I'm at it I prefer to have an actual handbrake rather than a button a a proper key...I know it's me but that's what I like..😳

I can do this on purpose in my car - apparently to make it handier to clean or change the blades.

EDIT under normal operation they seem to park properly once the car is switched off

Fully understand stopping them to change/clean, but to walk away & leave them on a normal parking time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Colser wrote: »
    I start the car again the rare time that it might happen..can't understand that it doesn't annoy some people.
    Also I can't stand the wipers that both go in opposite directions rather than the same direction..probably just me but I wouldn't buy a car with those.My friends car has them and it just doesn't seem right to me.Also I hate the cars that cut out when stopped at the lights etc and as I'm at it I prefer to have an actual handbrake rather than a button a a proper key...I know it's me but that's what I like..😳

Ha , agree with you on every point , I'm the same :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

People who don't take humour as it was meant to be taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Missing out on boards and having to find other ways of entertaining myself! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who like to hang around you when you are, cooking/preparing food, I need my space god dammit, stand over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

I’m a bit of an introvert and yesterday all I wanted to do was stay in , watch the football and read my new book and chill, (basically anything besides going out for the day)

Then the OH decides to offer us for babysitting (ah F sake) and then decides to drag her , myself and the child to her family members in another county for the whole night (no mood at all) so ya that annoyed me and felt like it ruined my weekend of relaxing

Others may say I’m selfish but this weekend I really didn’t want to , I would have wanted to another day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wally1990 wrote: »
    I’m a bit of an introvert and yesterday all I wanted to do was stay in , watch the football and read my new book and chill, (basically anything besides going out for the day)

Then the OH decides to offer us for babysitting (ah F sake) and then decides to drag her , myself and the child to her family members in another county for the whole night (no mood at all) so ya that annoyed me and felt like it ruined my weekend of relaxing

Others may say I’m selfish but this weekend I really didn’t want to , I would have wanted to another day

Ya see this is why I'm single :o:3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Watching Nothing to Declare.

Chinese - usually but not always - passengers bringing all manner of ****e through the airport. Asked whether they have food and they say no.

Bags opened to the contents that could stock a small shop. And then they abuse the airport staff!

Boils my pee pee it fair does!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Women that have a fringe that's not a proper, full fringe. It's cut so it's only an inch or two. It's really blunt and it annoys me when I see it. Totally rational of course!

Women that have a fringe that's not a proper, full fringe. It's cut so it's only an inch or two. It's really blunt and it annoys me when I see it. Totally rational of course!

You mean like Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice ? Looks bloody stupid I agree!!!

But then too thick and long like that Winkelman bird looks ridiculous too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Also I can't stand the wipers that both go in opposite directions rather than the same direction..probably just me but I wouldn't buy a car with those.My friends car has them and it just doesn't seem right to me.Also I hate the cars that cut out when stopped at the lights etc and as I'm at it I prefer to have an actual handbrake rather than a button a a proper key...I know it's me but that's what I like..��

And a tape deck?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Chinese - usually but not always - passengers bringing all manner of ****e through the airport. Asked whether they have food and they say no.

I love the way they always play dumb as if they thought the heaps of random sh!te they were bringing through was all fine and didn't need to be declared. :D

selous wrote: »
    And a tape deck?:D

Sure why not ðŸ˜I have a box of tapes upstairs from years ago..everything comes back around don't ya know.

• Advertisement

I love the way they always play dumb as if they thought the heaps of random sh!te they were bringing through was all fine and didn't need to be declared. :D

There's one aul one here pretending it's all "tea". Yeah meat and tobacco and something with worms in it ?

Tis far from Barry's we are so!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sure why not ðŸ˜I have a box of tapes upstairs from years ago..everything comes back around don't ya know.

Hang on to them, there worth a few bob :3.

That drives me crazy lol.If I was security I'd lose my job on the first day for dragging someone over the desk,not to mind having to wait in the toilets until some passengers pass their "luggage"..no money would pay me for that.

Hang on to them, there worth a few bob :3.

Not the tapes but I put some items on a selling page months ago and got no reply at the time but last week I got about 5 messages in quick succession enquiring about them and being very insistent..I often thought that they might be worth a few quid but of course now I'm convinced.
    TA that I'm still too lazy to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

You mean like Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice ? Looks bloody stupid I agree!!!

But then too thick and long like that Winkelman bird looks ridiculous too!

Yes like Winona's!

Also agree about Claudia Winkleman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just back from holiday so restaurant related.

Waiting ages to pay the bill - can really sour a good meal.

Unfair portions - ordering the same dish as somebody else in your group and getting the smaller one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Domestic drama + stupidity.

I take all the clothes out of the dryer, I put his in his basket and mine in (you guessed it, mine. The same one I've used weekly for yrs and yrs), I leave both of them in the same place as usual and go about my day.

Going to take my clothes to be hung up, I find that he has put away his basket and his clothes are in mine, I ask why this is?, he says that he has left mine on the table(some but not all). So far so yawn right? then he says this, "is that your basket, will I take my clothes out"?

No, not at all, I'll just drag yours upstairs with mine, pack them and post them back when you say you can't find them, shall I? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hard to believe he has a genius level IQ!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Posters who have the same avatar as me. Reading through threads & just see the avvy in peripheral vision.

I don't remember posting that.

Every time !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Fell on my ass at work today. Luckily I don't think any customers saw (just the chefs and the other waitresses), but the most annoying part is that it hurts a lot :(

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Fell on my ass at work today. Luckily I don't think any customers saw (just the chefs and the other waitresses), but the most annoying part is that it hurts a lot :(

I'd say your pride is hurt the most.

Mine would be in that instance.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Driving home from Cork in sheeting heavy downpours with really poor visibility and still some fools had no lights on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Kid puking in the car on a hot day...the smell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'd say your pride is hurt the most.

Mine would be in that instance.,

Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing :o

Kitty6277 wrote:
    Fell on my ass at work today. Luckily I don't think any customers saw (just the chefs and the other waitresses), but the most annoying part is that it hurts a lot

That's a bummer..... I'll get me coat. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd say your pride is bruised.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Oh what a day! Had to be somewhere with the 6yr old at 9.45 this morning, debated walking but was caught for time. I went out to start the car and it was dead as a dodo so we ended up having to walk /run. I forgot a drink for her and my purse and she moaned for Ireland for a drink, the same child who has to be reminded to have a drink usually. She is at the stage now where she would say black is white and disagreed with me the whole time we were out. Then took a half hour to get home, the walk that takes me 10 minutes. I forgot stuff at the shop. I took my mother to pick something up and the person she deals with wasn't there so we couldn't get it. The cooker went bang when I was cooking dinner, OH managed to do a temporary job on it but looks like we will need a new one. The 6yr old is bating around the house on rollerskates, I wish she had an off button. I am full of hormones and drinking wine, stop the fcukin world I want to get off :(

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing :o

I slipped & came a cropper during hte snow just outside work. Wasn't spotted thankfully.
    New Home wrote: »
    FYP.

I haven't checked to see if it is bruised, so cannot confirm.

It's not fair Rubberlegs. Why can't everything be simple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got caught in the rain so I look like an extra from The Sullivans (remember this?) with my 'daggy' hairdo.

It's not fair Rubberlegs. Why can't everything be simple?

Amen to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

My parents' next door neighbours are becoming more and more unbearable. Same family there for over 40 years and never a bother but things are rapidly deteriorating over the past 6 weeks. Their 16 year old daughter started seeing her first boyfriend in May and he now stays 3/4 nights a week. He spends all day smoking hash out the bedroom window while blasting music with lots of swear words which upsets my mother. The girl spends her whole time shrieking and giggling and it's incredibly uncomfortable to hear them together as there's no escaping the unmistakable sounds of them being intimate. This evening they're playing thumping music since 9pm so the tv can't be heard here and no peace to get some sleep. Thankfully I don't live here but the rest of my family is sick to death of it and I fear there's going to be a row if my father or brother try to address it. I honestly can't believe her parents are putting up with this either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Waiting the extra 15 minutes until sunrise. Can't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

MyTaxi this morning:

OoOoOo - I'll be here in a minute - run outside!
    Actually, nah, better make that seven minutes.
    Wow - Im here now!!
    Lol, jk. Im not coming at all. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dropped the iron on the floor (carpeted) and it's not even my house :( I never feicin iron! That'll teach me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Mouth ulcers.

I usually get one every 18 months or so and it goes after a few days.

But I now have a cluster of them on inside of both lips which I think is a side effect of medication.

Just a slight movement of my mouth is unbareable. Even if I drench them in gel before I eat, by the end of the meal my eyes are watery from the stinging pain.

I can barely talk and when I do, I end up sounding like a shy toddler. Every syllable stings and some random stranger was trying to make small talk with me on the bus.

I wish I could go into hibernation until they heal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Mouth ulcers.

I usually get one every 18 months or so and it goes after a few days.

But I now have a cluster of them on inside of both lips which I think is a side effect of medication.

Just a slight movement of my mouth is unbareable. Even if I drench them in gel before I eat, by the end of the meal my eyes are watery from the stinging pain.

I can barely talk and when I do, I end up sounding like a shy toddler. Every syllable stings and some random stranger was trying to make small talk with me on the bus.

I wish I could go into hibernation until they heal!

Very, very painful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Grumpy dry shytes with no sense of humour.

northgirl wrote: »
    Dropped the iron on the floor (carpeted) and it's not even my house :( I never feicin iron! That'll teach me!

Welcome back, northgirl! I don't iron either :)

Somebody, (probably me), put the Nutella in the fridge :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A new work partner was reminded at points during the week, that info they had was needed for a report that had to be submitted online this morning by 9 AM at the latest.

As Im at the end of the info chain, I left a message on one of their platforms each day reminding them that unlike the hours we work atm, the is was due for 9 AM!

*The response I got at 9.10am, was I thought it was due tonight(PM):rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Idris Elba as the new James Bond.

Oh and being called racist for not fancying him, wtf ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Idris Elba as the new James Bond.

Oh and being called racist for not fancying him, wtf ?

I don’t fancy him either. I am very sexist that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement