Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I don’t fancy him either. I am very sexist that way.

I don't think he's as fanciable now as he was 5/10 years ago, which is odd as it usually works the other way for men.

That said, it will be interesting to see his overall styling for Bond.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I don’t fancy him either. I am very sexist that way.

:D:D:D

I've a straight male friend who watched Daniel Craig coming out of the sea and says "Now I'm not gay but I see where you ladies are coming from alright".

Then seen Halle Berry and he's back where he started!

Im tired, cranky, frustrated, have a sinus headache brewing, the new ppl down the road seem to be knocking down their newly renovated house, the machine they are doing it with whistles.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Im tired, cranky, frustrated, have a sinus headache brewing, the new ppl down the road seem to be knocking down their newly renovated house down, the machine they are doing it with whistles.

I'm a slave to the joys of sinus issues - botched removal of a dental abscess when I was 21 left half the sinus cavity "swiss cheesed" (yeah nicked off Quantum Leap!!).

Cold weather, hayfever, colds, etc etc - feels like my face is being bricked up.

Sympathies to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

:D:D:D

I've a straight male friend who watched Daniel Craig coming out of the sea and says "Now I'm not gay but I see where you ladies are coming from alright".

Then seen Halle Berry and he's back where he started!

Oh Halle, you would feel a stir in the loins at the mention of her name.
    I am sure there is a good euphemism to be made from her name but could not be disrespectful in case she is reading this and ruin my chances...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Idris Elba as the new James Bond.

Oh and being called racist for not fancying him, wtf ?

I fancy the pants off Idris Elba, but don't see him as James Bond...

Oh Halle, you would feel a stir in the loins at the mention of her name.
    I am sure there is a good euphemism to be made from her name but could not be disrespectful in case she is reading this and ruin my chances...

I'm straight but Halle in the orange do - fine leg on her!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I fancy the pants off Idris Elba, but don't see him as James Bond...

See this is why the world of difference is great - I fancy Adam Levine off Maroon 5, a mate calls him weedy!

He fancies Conor McGregor and think about having him sectioned.

Vice la diffrence!

I'm straight but Halle in the orange do - fine leg on her!

She reminds me of someone I once went out with.

(Is something I would love to be able to say)

She reminds me of someone I once went out with.

(Is something I would love to be able to say)

Nearest I get to bagging Jamie Dornan is I once courted a lad whose middle name was James.

:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Idris Elba as the new James Bond.

Oh and being called racist for not fancying him, wtf ?

Watched two episodes of Luther recently to see what the fuss was about. Just don't get it either, about him or the show
    TA I've a pain in my leg that won't go away

Watched two episodes of Luther recently to see what the fuss was about. Just don't get it either, about him or the show
    TA I've a pain in my leg that won't go away

Try Lucifer instead.

Oh boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

People who not alone do not do what they were meant to but manage to get me landed to do it instead. (And if I don't I'll look like the selfish one and not her)
    :mad::mad::mad:

Nearest I get to bagging Jamie Dornan is I once courted a lad whose middle name was James.

:(:(:(:(

“My goal is Jamie Dornan, my level is James Corden”

“My goal is Jamie Dornan, my level is James Corden”

You read my mind sir!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try Lucifer instead.

Oh boy!

Or "The Big C"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

TA at the internet rumour machine. Craig's last Bond movie hasn't even started filming yet so it is far too early for any new actor to be decided.

Also seeing a lot of stuff on the internet advocating for Gillian Anderson to be the new Bond. Unlike the new Ghostbusters or Oceans 8 which feature new female characters; or The Doctor from Doctor Who who is from a race with a track record of changing gender, the Bond movies are based on Fleming's character who is fundamentally male. I'd wager his masculinity is as important to that character as being a robot is as important to the terminator.

I WOULD love to see Anderson as a cool suave agent in a spin-off as another double oh agent. It would be a rare case of universe building I'd be in favour of, and it seems like it would be a cash cow for the studio.

TA at the internet rumour machine. Craig's last Bond movie hasn't even started filming yet so it is far too early for any new actor to be decided.

Also seeing a lot of stuff on the internet advocating for Gillian Anderson to be the new Bond. Unlike the new Ghostbusters or Oceans 8 which feature new female characters; or The Doctor from Doctor Who who is from a race with a track record of changing gender, the Bond movies are based on Fleming's character who is fundamentally male. I'd wager his masculinity is as important to that character as being a robot is as important to the terminator.

I WOULD love to see Anderson as a cool suave agent in a spin-off as another double oh agent. It would be a rare case of universe building I'd be in favour of, and it seems like it would be a cash cow for the studio.

I do love her as an actress, X Files may well have been an aul girl crush were it not for my highly inappropriate thoughts after seeing Mr Duchovny's previous works - droool!

However, Bond is Bond. He harmlessly flirts with FunnyFanny, gets the girl, kills the baddies and doesn't rumple is suit.

Why must we change what works ? I'm actually dreading the next Bond - Danny Boyle described it as a "Bond for the Me Too generation".

So, no more cunning linguist lines then ? I'd guess "he's attempting re-entry sir" has gone too. Sad days.

My parents' next door neighbours are becoming more and more unbearable. Same family there for over 40 years and never a bother but things are rapidly deteriorating over the past 6 weeks. Their 16 year old daughter started seeing her first boyfriend in May and he now stays 3/4 nights a week. He spends all day smoking hash out the bedroom window while blasting music with lots of swear words which upsets my mother. The girl spends her whole time shrieking and giggling and it's incredibly uncomfortable to hear them together as there's no escaping the unmistakable sounds of them being intimate. This evening they're playing thumping music since 9pm so the tv can't be heard here and no peace to get some sleep. Thankfully I don't live here but the rest of my family is sick to death of it and I fear there's going to be a row if my father or brother try to address it. I honestly can't believe her parents are putting up with this either.

I hope your neighbours are playing the long game, pretending they are ok with this 'gentleman' until their daughter see's him for what he is and kicks him to the curb.

That said its more than a ta for your parents, but it maybe over sooner than they think.

Gillian and Jamie in The Fall kept a lot of couples very content in the eye candy stakes. If you are Bi you must have been in heaven.

My TA is writing a long and considered and generally excellent response to a post but the thread got locked preventing me from posting.

• Advertisement

Gillian and Jamie in The Fall kept a lot of couples very content in the eye candy stakes. If you are Bi you must have been in heaven.

My TA is writing a long and considered and generally excellent response to a post but the thread got locked preventing me from posting.

Oohhh The Fall - when I got called a woman hating bitch for lusting after "a sexual predator".

I tried to explain he wasn't REALLY that but you know, my internalised misogyny up to no good as usual!

Just the way it falls this month, the limit on my debit is the universal 2500e.
    The amounts which HAVE to be paid in full on the same day come to more than that and can't be broken into three transactions!

Its a freaking Debit Card, shouldn't the limit be the account balance available on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bredabe wrote: »
    Just the way it falls this month, the limit on my debit is the universal 2500e.
    The amounts which HAVE to be paid in full on the same day come to more than that and can't be broken into three transactions!

Its a freaking Debit Card, shouldn't the limit be the account balance available on the day.

Why can't the amounts be split? Sounds like someone is being awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ooooh, I HATE when that happens! The app is particularly bad for it cause it doesn't actually display when a thread is locked.

Today's TA: My dog has figured out how to open the back door. I leave the house after my sister but she generally gets home first and I've spent the past two weeks being blamed for leaving the back door open all day and genuinely wondering if I'm losing my marbles. It only occurred to me on Friday evening that it might be the dog but my sister basically laughed in my face when I suggested it. Anyway, took a pic of the door closed tight and sent it to her when I was leaving this morning. She just emailed me to say the cleaner just texted her to say the back door was open when she arrived.

VINDICATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still waiting on my apology for being blamed all along, though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My eyes are already itching with tiredness & I still have 5 hours of work, a gym session & a grocery shop to do before I can rest my weary soul.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Ooooh, I HATE when that happens! The app is particularly bad for it cause it doesn't actually display when a thread is locked.

Today's TA: My dog has figured out how to open the back door. I leave the house after my sister but she generally gets home first and I've spent the past two weeks being blamed for leaving the back door open all day and genuinely wondering if I'm losing my marbles. It only occurred to me on Friday evening that it might be the dog but my sister basically laughed in my face when I suggested it. Anyway, took a pic of the door closed tight and sent it to her when I was leaving this morning. She just emailed me to say the cleaner just texted her to say the back door was open when she arrived.

VINDICATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still waiting on my apology for being blamed all along, though...

I definitely need one of those cameras - God knows what my lad is getting up to at home!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

TA I'm poor but planning 3 holidays. Who needs food anyway?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »

Ghosts! :eek:

I definitely need one of those cameras - God knows what my lad is getting up to at home!!!!

My wife has uttered those same words but not about the dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Looking for tuna in the fridge for the screaming cat and then a carton of olives in pesto with oil without a lid falls out and greasy oil all over the fridge, the wall and the floor. Couldn't find the tuna so the cat is sulkily eating a piece of chicken. I also managed to puke on the couch this morning because of my stupid reflux so that needed cleaning up too. I should have just stayed in bed today.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Looking for tuna in the fridge for the screaming cat and then a carton of olives in pesto with oil without a lid falls out and greasy oil all over the fridge, the wall and the floor. Couldn't find the tuna so the cat is sulkily eating a piece of chicken. I also managed to puke on the couch this morning because of my stupid reflux so that needed cleaning up too. I should have just stayed in bed today.

I was going to post a TA about not having any milk for my coffee but it pales in to insignificance compared to this.
    TA that Cleopatra has spoiled my TA.

Why can't the amounts be split? Sounds like someone is being awkward.
    Their response to that is........, "You are the only one having a problem with it"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

At least you didn't puke on the cat.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    At least you didn't puke on the cat.

Or vice versa.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Or vice versa.
    Ever try to catch a cat with puke on it or give a cat a bath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Litre of milk, bought last Thursday - refrigerated, unopened and well within date - gone off

Seven Worlds will Collide

The kids screaming on this LUAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I actually can't remember the last time I knew what the right time is. Every clock in the house, my phone, my watch, the TV, the clock in the car all have different times on them, FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Have few grey hairs, nothing bad like but it's been there for years so I thought I'd use Just for Men. Used it for the first time in my life

It's cheap, it's easy and it works.

My TA is with myself. I'm a fool for using Jet Black. I do have black hair like, I'm not colour blind but they ain't lying about the jet!

It'll be gone in a few weeks and I'll brazen out any slagging. Lesson learned

You can now (or could for a while and I only just saw the ad) get a Just for Men shampoo so yay maybe?

TA I met my man in town after work and we decided to get a quick dinner. I ordered chicken mushroom brocolli and pasta in a creamy sauce. The portion was huuuge and I don’t particularly like creamy sauces so felt a bit bleh all evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I actually can't remember the last time I knew what the right time is. Every clock in the house, my phone, my watch, the TV, the clock in the car all have different times on them, FML.

Hmmm sounds like you're stuck in space time continuum vortex :3 a good episode for Dr who :D :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that I'm not tired, but hungry, and I cannot be bothered to make anything to eat so I'm just sitting up in my bedroom on my own, in protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at niggling pain in my backside and wrist all day from my fall yesterday. Can't move all that much without being in pain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Had a great evening yesterday. Met up with my friend who’s home from London for a few days. We’d no plans, walk the prom and grab a coffee. Ended up going into the funfair.
    I won a giant monkey teddy for a 2 euro throwing game and we went on 4 of the rides.
    The TA is I woke this morning with a slight twinge in my back, basically my body telling me I’m too old to be having fun.
    Though it might have been those crazy kids on the bumpers.

Had a great evening yesterday. Met up with my friend who’s home from London for a few days. We’d no plans, walk the prom and grab a coffee. Ended up going into the funfair.
    I won a giant monkey teddy for a 2 euro throwing game and we went on 4 of the rides.
    The TA is I woke this morning with a slight twinge in my back, basically my body telling me I’m too old to be having fun.
    Though it might have been those crazy kids on the bumpers.

Something something, monkey on your back, something something. :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Is there nobody who could write a character for Anderson to play instead?? Everything seems to be remade now, instead of new ideas being put forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

that people dance in circles at weddings

everlast75 wrote: »

Oh God I can still hear New York New York at the last wedding I was forced to go to.

Anyone wants me I'll be weeping in a corner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

TA'd at myself for going down the wrong way in IKEA.... So embarrassing being one of them!

everlast75 wrote: »

I used to be TA'd by that, but at the last wedding I was at, I got involved and busted some serious moves. Great fun!

LirW wrote: »
    TA'd at myself for going down the wrong way in IKEA.... So embarrassing being one of them!

You need to know the shortcuts in Ikea, it helps you get out of awkward situations and to the meatballs quicker.

Before I left the house, I stood there for a few minutes knowing that I forgot something but couldn't remember what it was.
    A few hours later and I still can't figure it out, but I still have the feeling. What is it?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I used to be TA'd by that, but at the last wedding I was at, I got involved and busted some serious moves. Great fun!

You need to know the shortcuts in Ikea, it helps you get out of awkward situations and to the meatballs quicker.

Before I left the house, I stood there for a few minutes knowing that I forgot something but couldn't remember what it was.
    A few hours later and I still can't figure it out, but I still have the feeling. What is it?

Your fly is open.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement