Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I spilled pot noodles down the front of my white shirt. Oh the humanity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Staying in bed getting the late train- means getting the late train home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Unnecessary jacket TA

On annual leave so went up to Dublin city centre for a few hours with my son. Drizzle when we left house so both brought jackets.
    Sun out when we got off train and had to carry the jackets all around town.

I wish I had the courage to just leave it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Bags/ heads of lettuce in the supermarket nearly always gone off. I want lettuce and rocket and sheeeit but I'm not buying it when it's already bloody gone off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Bags/ heads of lettuce in the supermarket nearly always gone off. I want lettuce and rocket and sheeeit but I'm not buying it when it's already bloody gone off.

Yep, same. Also strawberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I've got a couple of spots on my chin, I've been feeling sad the last couple of days and now the cramps have started. Shark week is beginning. Ugh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Selfish brother who knows he's in the wrong but won't apologize and will deny everything until the cows come home, even if he took a lie detector test he'd still deny everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd at the thoughts of work at 8am :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd at the thoughts of work at 8am :(

I have to be up at 6am and I'm watching Roger Federer. The knackered 2 hour commute tomorrow is all my own fault.

I have to be up at 6am and I'm watching Roger Federer. The knackered 2 hour commute tomorrow is all my own fault.

Rather you than me, I have absolutely no idea how you do it. At least I'm only a 5 minute drive away from work

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Rather you than me, I have absolutely no idea how you do it. At least I'm only a 5 minute drive away from work

At this point I'm used to it!!!!! Choons on, book open, cuppa - happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Waitress asked me if I wanted change when I payed the bill.
    I do now!

People who stand in front of seats on the LUAS and refuse to move for people who need to sit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd its getting harder and harder to get up in the mornings :-/

Ta'd its getting harder and harder to get up in the mornings :-/

I hear ya brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

waking up and crying before the day even starts.

northgirl wrote: »
    waking up and crying before the day even starts.
    That's not good. Maybe you should talk to somebody.

I do now!
    The tip culture is trying to tiptoe in from Yankville. :mad: Nip it in the bud I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have one small job to do in the garden, 10/15 mins only. Then it started raining, light enough but no sign of stopping.

Seven Worlds will Collide

The tip culture is trying to tiptoe in from Yankville. :mad: Nip it in the bud I say.

That’s where I am now. When you pay by card the machine asks if you want to tip 15, 18, 20 or 22%.
    On average it is about $8 per meal paid out to someone to bring me to my seat, bring me a drink, take my order, deliver the food and give me the bill.
    And I am eating out twice a day. Why don’t they pay their staff the standard minimum wage and not the special low rate leaving people depending on tips?

My late night of perving over Swiss beefcake is coming home to roost and am knackered!

I do now!

I would never ask a customer if they wanted change, I'd just give them their change and if they tip me out of it, well and good. I would never just assume.

Although in your later post you say you're in America, so maybe it's a cultural thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Begod a missed call on me mobile from Panama wha' - one for the archives

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Beers at Tesco, some 4 for €10,some 3 for€9. I wanted the 4 for €10 but picked one from the other deal so paid full price for them. And of course didn't realise it till the next day when checking the receipt.
    I lost the sandwich out of the meal deal I got for the teenager today, not in any bag, not in the car, not under the car.
    I spend too much time in supermarkets ☹️.
    And not so trivial, when someone you love dearly beats themselves up the whole time and thinks they are not good enough, I wish that they could see what others see in them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have to cross work with a team in work and there is a issue with something that would be 100% a total different area then my own job. We have someone who looks after this in the office.

So this team Moans to me about the issue and won't go direct to the person who is fixing it!!!!.

I keep telling them to contact the person but sadly they won't and just keep moaning to me about it.....

To make it worse I could go on for about a hour here with issues that are some how my issues to fix but are not part of my job!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Driving behind someone that doesnt click off an indicator after changing lanes...was behind a car for 2/3 miles the other day with one going...Fcuk me...look at your dash once in a while

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I've got a couple of spots on my chin, I've been feeling sad the last couple of days and now the cramps have started. Shark week is beginning. Ugh.

I used to suffer but I learned the cure. Carbs. Lots and lots of carbs. Toast is my preferred delivery system.

Put the kettle on and make yourself some toast, Cleo. You might as well go all out and take a couple of paracetamol too, for insurance. :)

My TA is that I've been home alone for a few days and normally I love having some alone time, but I felt really lonely getting up this morning and I'm not looking forward to going home to the empty house (bar cats).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Renewing your Passport Book:

You must have previously held an Irish Passport which has expired less than 5 years ago
    Your Passport Book must have less than 12 months validity remaining on it. This does not apply for applications due to lost, stolen or damaged passports books.

F. F. S. :mad::mad: I've a job trying to understand that and I'm Irish. Dunno how they expect someone in another Country to grasp their contradicting stupid silly explanation and I stll don't understand it after reading it 5/6 times. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. How can ya have an expired Passport that is still valid?!?

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Beers at Tesco, some 4 for €10,some 3 for€9. I wanted the 4 for €10 but picked one from the other deal so paid full price for them. And of course didn't realise it till the next day when checking the receipt.
    I lost the sandwich out of the meal deal I got for the teenager today, not in any bag, not in the car, not under the car.
    I spend too much time in supermarkets ☹️.
    And not so trivial, when someone you love dearly beats themselves up the whole time and thinks they are not good enough, I wish that they could see what others see in them :(

What beers :pac:?

Ta'd despite having a toasty for lunch I'm still hungry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Renewing your Passport Book:

You must have previously held an Irish Passport which has expired less than 5 years ago
    Your Passport Book must have less than 12 months validity remaining on it. This does not apply for applications due to lost, stolen or damaged passports books.

F. F. S. :mad::mad: I've a job trying to understand that and I'm Irish. Dunno how they expect someone in another Country to grasp their contradicting stupid silly explanation and I stll don't understand it after reading it 5/6 times. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. How can ya have an expired Passport that is still valid?!?

It must be either in date or less than 5 years expired and you are applying due to lost, stolen or damaged passports books.

Not terribly well worded though

Work is so boring and dead

Try_harder wrote: »
    Work is so boring and dead

Snap.

Been waiting two days for lists of names I need for a massive job - can't get the CAO list until the LC results are out.

It's only a provisional list!!!!!!!

Tomorrow and Friday will be nuts!

Snap.

Been waiting two days for lists of names I need for a massive job - can't get the CAO list until the LC results are out.

It's only a provisional list!!!!!!!

Tomorrow and Friday will be nuts!

Hang on, if you are going to be busy who will keep us entertained here?

Hang on, if you are going to be busy who will keep us entertained here?

I'll try to pop in and out!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Having to put the shopping away, I hate it. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My husband is an ass and I am so tired I could cry....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The Passport Office is now closed! *insert banging head off Wall emoji!* Was 5 minutes too late they close at 4.30pm! :mad: :( But the anger and need to ring them now has dissipated thanks to ohnonotgmail!:D
    It must be either in date or less than 5 years expired and you are applying due to lost, stolen or damaged passports books.

Not terribly well worded though

I never would have thought of or! It makes sense now with or! One small word! Was wondering was there like new complicated procedures or whatever for renewing. There's new rules with everything now! And I was there trying to fathom what outlandish new stringent protocol had they introduced now!

T.A: Still had my Credit used just for them to tell me they were closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

What beers :pac:?

Ta'd despite having a toasty for lunch I'm still hungry!

Craft beers such as Galway Hooker and Buried at Sea, there were stouts and ales in the offer too ðŸ‘

TA weather is so wet today am finding it hard to remember what the lovely weather we had was like 😪

Another 45 mins in work. Im going to lose my mind!!!!

• Advertisement

The two amateur pharmaceutical enthusiasts sitting opposite me on the train.

Eyeing up the painkillers for my hip like a jacks after a bone. Fup off!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got a message for one of the girls, the landlord has been in my always paid for and sometimes occupied bedroom in our flat.
    When I confronted him he said it was empty, I have the min amount of stuff in it, and he's renting it out for the pope's visit. Apparently, If I don't like it or report him to the rental ppl, he'll magic up some relatives the desperately need the flat.

All kinds of illegal and yeck, ta that there is nothing I can do, as it would impact on the rest of us if I did.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bredabe wrote: »
    All kinds of illegal and yeck, ta that there is nothing I can do, as it would impact on the rest of us if I did.

There is plenty you can do. Landlords have F all rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There is plenty you can do. Landlords have F all rights
    Last time I was on to the tenant's rights ppl, it was a three-year waiting list for a case to be heard.

By then I'll be living full time in it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I lost a load of weight on weight watchers a few years ago. Then I put it all back on, and a bit more just for good measure. I'm signing back up to weight watchers again and I'm not looking forward to this one bit. Goodbye bad food and alcohol, I'll miss you :(

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Craft beers such as Galway Hooker

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Cleopatra_ wrote:
    I lost a load of weight on weight watchers a few years ago. Then I put it all back on, and a bit more just for good measure. I'm signing back up to weight watchers again and I'm not looking forward to this one bit. Goodbye bad food and alcohol, I'll miss you

Best of luck with it Cleo. Stay away from gifted and his chocolate tarts! :D

Best of luck with it Cleo. Stay away from gifted and his chocolate tarts! :D

Tarts are my weakness :):p

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Tarts are my weakness :):p

Oohhh matron :3

• Advertisement

I have a spot.

I'm 48!!!!! Grrrr!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement