Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is there tarts on offer this evening here?

TH at the level of humour here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is there tarts on offer this evening here?

TH at the level of humour here.

Wrong thread tedo :3

Wrong thread tedo :3

Well thank you very much.

Now I am TA'd.

Just in spite, I am going to leave it there to TA everyone else !!

The worst weather of the year; the humidity is utterly suffocating. Anything but this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Keepaneye

The worst weather of the year; the humidity is utterly suffocating. Anything but this.

Was just coming in to post this...

Old people skipping the queue. Dare you try and call one of them old but they always bring out the age card when skipping queues.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Keepaneye wrote: »

Was just coming in to post this...

Old people skipping the queue. Dare you try and call one of them old but they always bring out the age card when skipping queues.

Easons in Heuston the other morning- loads of commuters queuing up to get papers and fags etc - big queue (think 5 or 6 in front of me?).

Aul one swans to front!!!!! Got swiftly told she had to go to the back !! Bitched and whined all till she got served!! "I've places to be not like you young ones going out drinking!!"

At 7am - I fupping wish!!!!!

Easons in Heuston the other morning- loads of commuters queuing up to get papers and fags etc - big queue (think 5 or 6 in front of me?).

Aul one swans to front!!!!! Got swiftly told she had to go to the back !! Bitched and whined all till she got served!! "I've places to be not like you young ones going out drinking!!"

I would have made it my mission to see her go last.

Keepaneye wrote: »

I would have made it my mission to see her go last.

I reckon she had a beer on the go in the Galway Hooker!!!

I reckon she had a beer on the go in the Galway Hooker!!!

Where she probably sold that book for a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A teeny-tiny bit jellers of all the LCer's that have a great twenties ahead of them College-life and making friends and Travelling etc. etc. Not one bit jealous though of having to go through all that again once is enough!

Got side-tracked about an L.C. story, but what I came here to post was, by-default whether I like it or not, I'm now... on-the-market (cringe) for a 45y.o. fella... Butttt a 45y.o. fella is like half way to 50! That's a tough pill to swallow... How am I nearly at those stages of life already?!? Where has life gone?!? A Mammy and the Next-Door-Neighbour gabbling on never speaks a truer word, the years do feicing fly. They are so right.

• Advertisement

I'll probably be TA'd at them in the morning. With all the yahoo-ing & shouting they'll be doing on way home tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Walked out of the office Friday evening with a work colleague - I'll call her colleague no 1- she started telling me about another colleague - colleague no 2 - and the difficulties she is having in her job. we parted in the car park and both got into our cars and drove off. I was on leave Monday and Tuesday and hadn't taken my coat off this morning at the desk when colleague no 2 came over to my desk to tell me not to be talking about her and not to be telling anybody else about the issues she's having - and then walked off before I could say anything. I couldn't get a chance all day to tell her I wasn't talking about her - I was only listening. Not trivially annoyed - really really annoyed! Note to self - always leave work on my own from now on - and if I can't manage that then wear really large headphones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TV ads for crap using my fav old* music to flog their wares. If I hear 'Don't fear the reaper', I'll crack altogether.

Cause of my SLD, I invert t and r on the keyboard, been trying to correct it for millennia now, it's getting worse. Only a matter of time before it gets me into mega(see above*) trouble.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that after my little nap earlier I no longer feel tired enough to sleep. Should just have gone to bed at 9 when I was that tired :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Up at night again in pain, dreading the hospital tomorrow. I still want my old life back, I'm tired of being tired and sick of being sick :(

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    I'll probably be TA'd at them in the morning. With all the yahoo-ing & shouting they'll be doing on way home tonight.

And it has happened. Why do I never stock up on water balloons or a strong super soaker.

Or an air soft rifle

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stink bombs, Ted. Or itching powder and a catapult.

Stick bomb won't dissipate, so will create a bigger TA.

Wish I was Mr Burns & could release the hounds.

Car alarms going off now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I find this time of year difficult. It brings up a lot of memories from my childhood. My parents were awful and one of their final gifts to me was not sending me to college. On the St Patrick's Day before the leaving cert, they laughed at me flicking through a local college prospectus and I was told there was no money to send me to college.
    After spending pretty much all of my school going years being locked in the house and being told to "study" or my mother would kick get the shit out of me, it was particularly infuriating to then be told they weren't sending me to college.
    So I threw in the towel on St Patrick's Day and didn't look at another book between then and my leaving cert.
    The day I finished my leaving cert, I left that house and didn't go back for around 3 years and have only been back twice in the 13 years since then.
    I'm annoyed at myself for still carrying this bitterness around:( Every year at this time, it eats me up.
    I remember getting my results online. I failed 2 subjects and did badly in everything except the 2 subjects I was very good at.
    When my results were sent out by post to my parents' house, my mother wanted me to go back and repeat the leaving cert, while living in their house, that was probably the first time in my life that she made me laugh:pac:

Annoyed at this aching feeling in my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Indian across the road from the house - stinks of curry and garlic all evening, every evening.. ugh.

• Advertisement

The woman on the LUAS who took up half the shagging carriage with her oversized buggy and then complained loudly that a quadriplegic man in a motorised wheelchair was by the door.

And not for the first time I've seen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Thursday and I still have three work days remaining this week...

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Thursday and I still have three work days remaining this week...

Pure evil!

erica74 wrote: »
    I find this time of year difficult. It brings up a lot of memories from my childhood. My parents were awful and one of their final gifts to me was not sending me to college. On the St Patrick's Day before the leaving cert, they laughed at me flicking through a local college prospectus and I was told there was no money to send me to college.
    After spending pretty much all of my school going years being locked in the house and being told to "study" or my mother would kick get the shit out of me, it was particularly infuriating to then be told they weren't sending me to college.
    So I threw in the towel on St Patrick's Day and didn't look at another book between then and my leaving cert.
    The day I finished my leaving cert, I left that house and didn't go back for around 3 years and have only been back twice in the 13 years since then.
    I'm annoyed at myself for still carrying this bitterness around:( Every year at this time, it eats me up.
    I remember getting my results online. I failed 2 subjects and did badly in everything except the 2 subjects I was very good at.
    When my results were sent out by post to my parents' house, my mother wanted me to go back and repeat the leaving cert, while living in their house, that was probably the first time in my life that she made me laugh:pac:

Annoyed at this aching feeling in my chest.

Not to be offensive, but I don't see why you expected your parents to put you through college? Plenty of us went to college and worked through it, that's not entirely your parents fault :confused:

Not to be offensive, but I don't see why you expected your parents to put you through college? Plenty of us went to college and worked through it, that's not entirely your parents fault :confused:

I don't wish to speak for Erica but read the post - she was practically ordered to study with the understanding that College was next and then they seemed to casually joke about it not being an option.

It is VERY hard to go through College without parental support whether emotional or financial. I've worked with students for 16 years now, 11 in the one place and have seen it all fall apart for some.

I don't wish to speak for Erica but read the post - she was practically ordered to study with the understanding that College was next and then they seemed to casually joke about it not being an option.

It is VERY hard to go through College without parental support whether emotional or financial. I've worked with students for 16 years now, 11 in the one place and have seen it all fall apart for some.

Definitely agree it's tough without some kind of support, I did it completely alone, but yeah, similar circumstances I guess, parents wanting straight As but no college fund to back that up. I still don't blame them but maybe I should :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

My grandmother keeps taking up nonsense cures for all sorts of ****e. She recently bought tea which apparently cures arthritis, clears your system of alcohol, fights off cancer and all sorts of other bull**** and I started thinking this is actually dangerous and I've done a decent amount of research into health related matters so I started trying to explain well this study from this university says this tea is bull**** etc.

And then she hits me with "You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet" soooo frustrating.

My mind is blown at this logic, peer reviewed published research is fake news and some dodgy site (and shop in Bray) selling cancer curing snake oil is gospel. *She doesn't have cancer btw but "there's no harm in fighting it off"

I said to her as well that I'm gonna go and have a few pints and then a cup of this ****e and drive home and if I get stopped or kill anyone it's on her, and she just says that's fine she knows it works. I just can't even

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Needed to go to the crapper in work. Phone was at 3% battery. Decided to clamp and let the battery level build up to a solid 22%.
    Peacock strutted into the toilets and the trap with the good Wifi was in use. Had to use the other one, no wifi available.

I should have just chance the 3%.

GarIT wrote: »
    My grandmother keeps taking up nonsense cures for all sorts of ****e. She recently bought tea which apparently cures arthritis, clears your system of alcohol, fights off cancer and all sorts of other bull**** and I started thinking this is actually dangerous and I've done a decent amount of research into health related matters so I started trying to explain well this study from this university says this tea is bull**** etc.

And then she hits me with "You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet" soooo frustrating.

My mind is blown at this logic, peer reviewed published research is fake news and some dodgy site (and shop in Bray) selling cancer curing snake oil is gospel. *She doesn't have cancer btw but "there's no harm in fighting it off"

I said to her as well that I'm gonna go and have a few pints and then a cup of this ****e and drive home and if I get stopped or kill anyone it's on her, and she just says that's fine she knows it works. I just can't even

I've an FB friend who posts almost daily about "cancer cures that Big Pharma are hiding from you". One was cayenne pepper; honey and lemon juice.

I think that's what got Beyonce's arse in good nick for Dreamgirls!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd that after my little nap earlier I no longer feel tired enough to sleep. Should just have gone to bed at 9 when I was that tired :(
    I'm trivially annoyed that I missed work on Tuesday because of my insomnia. I was due in at 11am but didn't get to sleep until 8am Tuesday morning. I woke up at 10, briefly visited the toilet and then decided to lie down for another 30 minutes before going in at 11. I didn't wake up until 2pm so there was no point in going in.

I'm also trivially annoyed that since waking up on Tuesday afternoon, I haven't slept. As you could imagine, my eyes are extremely bloodshot at the moment.

I'm trivially annoyed that I missed work on Tuesday because of my insomnia. I was due in at 11am but didn't get to sleep until 8am Tuesday morning. I woke up at 10, briefly visited the toilet and then decided to lie down for another 30 minutes before going in at 11. I didn't wake up until 2pm so there was no point in going in.

I'm also trivially annoyed that since waking up on Tuesday afternoon, I haven't slept. As you could imagine, my eyes are extremely bloodshot at the moment.

Similarly - TA that insomnia is mocked.

There's a News at Ted journo in the UK had time off with it and he was laughed at by other ITV presenters - on air!

11 days without sleep will kill you - less than that can still be dangerous.

It's not a topic for joking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

I feel your pain,I was that soldier.
    What worked for me..

Get up at 6 every morning regardless if you slept a wink or not.
    Don't go to bed till 10-11ish.
    If you can't sleep then don't stay in bed,get up and walk around and try again
    in 15 mins.
    Do not nap during the day ever.
    Give up sugar..it's half the problem and probably killing you too.
    Took me about 2 weeks to come right after trying all sorts of snake oil cures.
    15 years of shift work didn't help either.

It's a debilitating condition.I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

To be honest, I'm not going to explain the situation further, I was just getting something off my chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

erica74 wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm not going to explain the situation further, I was just getting something off my chest.

You should not have to do anymore explaining. Sh1t parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My TA is trying to figure out how much petrol to put in the rental car to cover the next few days.
    Put in too little and I will need to go get some more.
    Put in to much and it is money wasted as it’s a ‘return empty’ rental.

• Advertisement

Still TA'd at the man from this morning who told me that "hot food shouldn't go on cold plates", and complained that we had no warm plates (which we swiftly rectified for him, don't know who was setting up this morning and didn't have them out in the first place :confused:). Still, it's hardly something to complain over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My cat is a TA today. I woke up this morning to hear a bird screeching. He caught one and the missus tried to free it but he ran off with it. Poor little bird. I hope he killed it quickly at least. A new collar with a bell for him is needed, he tries to "lose" them when he's out.

Just now I was walking to the bus stop because I have an appointment in town, he starts following me so I had to lure him home and lock him in. I nearly missed my bus and now I'm sitting on it looking like a sweaty mess.

To top it off we have to bring him to the vet later because he's scratching the shyte out of himself. I love that demon cat so much but today he is so annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The way ppl look when I tell them that Im not allowed drive especially if they already know that I don't drink alcohol!

* Things are not as obvious as they seem.

Especially annoying if they try to point out the advantages of driving here in the sticks, siteing 'Independence' as a reason too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Idiot drivers causing rolling roadblocks on the M50 because there's a Garda car in lane one doing 80kmh and they're afraid to pass them :mad::mad::mad:

It's fupping raining.

FML.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The yearly debate about All Ireland tickets. " "Neutrals" shouldnt be given tickets "

This opinion drives me mad...Some people like the game of hurling as a sport regardless of who is playing and probably go to more matches than those whinging !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

My Aunt is convinced a neighbour will still get a place in Medicine with 400 LC points because "sure her mother is high up in Bank of Ireland"................

Slightly TA'd at how much it cost to do my hair though, €18 for a dry cut :eek:

Head is spinning from too much caffeine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

This is so trivial and makes me out to be an awful person but.... Found out today that something I really really advised and nearly faught against doing in my old job fell on it's face and didn't work.

That's a TH for an awful person like me, but the TA is that the manager I had all the arguments with also left, so wasn't there to see that I was actually right!

Yes, yes, I know, be the bigger person and all that, but it really upset me at the time that I was being forced to go with the plan and wasn't being listened to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My head is fried.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My head is fried.

As is mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

As is mine!

Same here ..peed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Group hug yo!

As is mine!
    Colser wrote: »
    Same here ..peed off.

Same here.