Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd that there's some really, really nice people on here who are sad atm and there isn't a magic switch we can flick to make them better. I hate knowing people are sad :(

I'm quite sad rn and i find that TA. More than TA actually. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The current Mrs. Tin has been giving me earache for a couple of hours now about emptying the bin, but its raining and I don't wanna :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you're daydreaming and your gaze is firmly locked on a particular spot and someone moves into said spot so now it looks like you're staring at them and you have to move your eyes away but you don't want to because they're comfy.

Waiting on your dinner to cook when you're STARVING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Job hunting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Room Hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

people who come into the office visiting on their days off - and bring in their children. we have relatively few annual leave days, how can they possibly not have other things to be doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

We had to put our family dog down yesterday. She was only 9, but her kidneys were failing. Very very sad 😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

nermal15 wrote: »
    We had to put our family dog down yesterday. She was only 9, but her kidneys were failing. Very very sad ��

Really sorry to hear that nermal. Never easy to see pets suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

nermal15 wrote: »
    We had to put our family dog down yesterday. She was only 9, but her kidneys were failing. Very very sad ��

So so sorry... Awful..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Long day of work. I'm just not able.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have a massive blood blister on the sole of my foot after my walk yesterday, so annoying, I can barely walk today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

youtube thumbnails containing spoilers!!!!!!! TA x 1,000,000

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My mam brought lyons teabags :eek: :-|, I feel like I don't know her anymore :'(.....and the coinstar bastards took 20 euro off me when I went to tescos to cash in my money box *cross face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My mam brought lyons teabags :eek: :-|, I feel like I don't know her anymore :'(.....and the coinstar bastards took 20 euro off me when I went to tescos to cash in my money box *cross face*

You're mother has sense. They take a good bit in commission Seph. I generally just take a fistful every time & use the self service machines when my coinbox gets full.

Back on topic. TA'd when I click on the OP's name or last poster when I go to read a thread. I am not stalking you if you see my name in the "visitors" part of your profile.

(well maybe I am, if you are a certain poster(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I will be over for a cuppa, Seph, glad to hear you have decent tea in the house :)

TA at some twat driving in front of me who veers over the white line a few times. I am sure I could see him holding his phone up. TA I didn't have someone with me who could jot down his reg plate, dangerous fecker :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Working from home today, should be a TH.

But I forgot I had to dial into a call today.

Only been 10 mins so far & it has been pure waffle so far.

Have a manager in work that has meetings every day and just waffles with no real actions or tasks to follow just chatting about how things should be and then doing nothing , waste of my time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I will be over for a cuppa, Seph, glad to hear you have decent tea in the house :)

Lyons is Decent tea? :-| :eek:

Take that back :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lyons is lovely tea

TAed Im all out of sorts today

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

TA I really don't like my job anymore

• Advertisement

Lyons is Decent tea? :-| :eek:

Take that back :3

I refuse!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I just put a wash on to have fresh towels for a shower and my neighbour is going to use the dryer that I am paying for and she leaves her clothes in there all night so I will have wet clothes and probably have to wait until tomorrow to dry them and pay for them all over again. Plus she's a snotty cnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

On the train at the moment from Ballina to Dublin.All well until Claremorris.. Then middle aged lady meets her friend of the same age.

..And the verbal diorrhea kicks off.

I just put a wash on to have fresh towels for a shower and my neighbour is going to use the dryer that I am paying for and she leaves her clothes in there all night so I will have wet clothes and probably have to wait until tomorrow to dry them and pay for them all over again. Plus she's a snotty cnut.

Tell her to shag off outta that!

Tell her to shag off outta that!

I don't own the dryer and she's so far up her own hole she wouldn't even look at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Rubberlegs wrote: »

TA at some twat driving in front of me who veers over the white line a few times. I am sure I could see him holding his phone up. TA I didn't have someone with me who could jot down his reg plate, dangerous fecker :(
    You should've taken a picture with your phone :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't own the dryer and she's so far up her own hole she wouldn't even look at you.

Still though if you payed for it.....give us her address we'll sort her out :cool:

Still though if you payed for it.....give us her address we'll sort her out :cool:

I got to it before her and am planning on leaving no credit for it so she will have to pay. Muhahahahaha.
    Hungry bitch anyway won't part with two euro.

I got to it before her and am planning on leaving no credit for it so she will have to pay. Muhahahahaha.
    Hungry bitch anyway won't part with two euro.

I guess you could say shes so tight The only tips she leaves behind in a restaurant are the ones in the ash-tray :pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I guess you could say shes so tight The only tips she leaves behind in a restaurant are the ones in the ash-tray :pac:

Has anybody here ever sneezed in an ashtray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Whenever I sneeze/cough, the sudden movement hurts my back. Stupid wet floor making me fall :(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    On the train at the moment from Ballina to Dublin.All well until Claremorris.. Then middle aged lady meets her friend of the same age.

You have my sympathies

I hate train talkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

5rtytry56 wrote: »

Whenever anything bad happens on the Westport/Ballina to Dublin train it always has something to do/connection with Claremorris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

David Attenborough. Yeah, David Attenborough! He's done done some good, some great nature programmes (and some questionable, years ago) but I find him very patronising. And the sycophancy from people is worse, but that's not his fault.

But that voice...he needs the second dose of euthanasia. {Yeah...okay, that was uncalled for}.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

AllForIt wrote: »
    Whenever anything bad happens on the Westport/Ballina to Dublin train it always has something to do/connection with Claremorris.

Must be something about trains which seems to ‘gadd’ middle aged women.

Had two of them opposite me recently and they spent the journey farting incessantly and scratching their ‘nethers’ while telling each other risqué ‘jokes’.

One even stood up and opened the top button of her jeans dropped the zip as it was obviously too tight.

Gut on her like a child’s paddling pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Unexpected expense of a new tyre yesterday leaves me with 10 euro till payday (Fri) I hate being poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I met someone recently who I haven't seen in about 10 years. He mentioned he plays in a band now so I looked him up on instagram to see where the band have played gigs. I accidentally double clicked on a photo from 6 months ago so now I look like a complete and utter weirdo. He's not someone I want to be friends with now, I was moreso having a look because he has done well for himself (played a few small festivals) and, when I knew him, he was just starting to get into music so I felt kind of proud that he's done well. Hopefully he doesn't think I'm a weirdo.

I have to renew my passport. It's my first time renewing my passport since I got married so I want to get the name on my passport changed, which means I can't use the online service and instead have to go through the whole process afresh. Pain in the hole.
    I have to include my old passport, my long form birth certificate, my marriage certificate and 2 forms of identification to show that I've been using my married name dating back at least 2 years:rolleyes:

When your man would rather watch tv than have a Sunday ride. Not even match of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Waking up every night without fail about 90mins after I fall asleep. Every night for the last few weeks I’ve woken up and have had to read my book for an hour or 2 before I can fall asleep again. It’s as if my brain thinks I’m only going for a nap when I go bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Different shops requiring different coins for their shopping carts. I have a 2 Euro coin in the car for this purpose but it doesn't work everywhere. And if I'd only have 1 Euro in the car it wouldn't work everywhere either.
    And of course you don't keep in mind which works at the shop you go to.

Waking up every night without fail about 90mins after I fall asleep. Every night for the last few weeks I’ve woken up and have had to read my book for an hour or 2 before I can fall asleep again. It’s as if my brain thinks I’m only going for a nap when I go bed.

That would be awful. Is it a new occurrence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

That would be awful. Is it a new occurrence?

Not really, I never sleep through the night. Sometimes I go through phases where I wake up but drift off again but then there can be weeks of not being able to get back to sleep for ages.

I’ve never been great with sleeping and if I’m sleeping in a strange bed forget it.

Not really, I never sleep through the night. Sometimes I go through phases where I wake up but drift off again but then there can be weeks of not being able to get back to sleep for ages.

I’ve never been great with sleeping and if I’m sleeping in a strange bed forget it.

I feel your pain, I never get a good night's sleep:(. I am not exaggerating when I say some nights I wake every hour. On a bad night I could wake around 3 and still be awake at 5.30. Most days I am wrecked and woolly headed. I got melatonin from the doctor and only took it for two nights as though I seemed to sleep better I was absolutely mangled the next day after it :(

TA the OH is away for a few weeks and the teenager who is very anxious, and the 6yr old are both climbing into the bed with me every night and I don't have the heart to evict them.

Also I have just made pancake batter and didn't realise there isn't much Nutella there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When your man would rather watch tv than have a Sunday ride. Not even match of the day.
    True dat. When the current Mrs Tin is binging on Desperate Housewives or that, I don't get a look in, shooed away like a bluebottle I am :(.

I have to look up Pam instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Drivers who suddenly brake when theu see a speed trap , even though they are only doing 80 in a 100 zone!
    They seem to think you should sneak by them at 50 / 60 kmh so you won’t “ get done”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

cjmc wrote: »
    Drivers who suddenly brake when theu see a speed trap , even though they are only doing 80 in a 100 zone!
    They seem to think you should sneak by them at 50 / 60 kmh so you won’t “ get done”

This, and drivers who just randomly hit the brakes.
    You could be driving along the M50 on a quiet day. There will always be someone driving along in the passing lane, not the left lane, and they will randomly hit the brakes every now and again.
    It's like they think hitting the brakes will increase their IQ.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I do that sometimes when someone is tailgating me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote: »
    I do that sometimes when someone is tailgating me.

A fella in work told me a good one for when somebody is tailgating you. Keep putting on your windscreen washers and the spray will piss them off enough to pull back a bit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A fella in work told me a good one for when somebody is tailgating you. Keep putting on your windscreen washers and the spray will piss them off enough to pull back a bit.

I'll definitely add that to my list. :D

Fairly sure I have given out about this before but drivers who can't maintain a constant speed. If they are behind you one minute they are on your tail, the next a mile behind. When in front of you , you are going between 60 and 80 stuck behind them. Then they are doing 80 approaching roundabouts when they are meant to be doing 60. I have a thing about driving at a constant speed at the speed limit, providing conditions allow of course.

Another obsession of mine is recycling, manys the time I have given out about it on this thread. The latest annoyance is items that have absolutely no recycling information on them, the dilemma :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

When your landlord gets you a new dishwasher in early 2017 and you shower it with love, feeding it grapes, brushing its hair and it still decides to go kaput 18 months later.

Please believe me, landlord, I did everything right. I read the instruction manual back to front, it was at the right hard water setting, the salt reservoir was never empty, the filter was cleaned regularly, I was very easy on the door hinge. We showed that dishwasher a good time!!! :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement