Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When your landlord gets you a new dishwasher in early 2017 and you shower it with love, feeding it grapes, brushing its hair and it still decides to go kaput 18 months later.

Please believe me, landlord, I did everything right. I read the instruction manual back to front, it was at the right hard water setting, the salt reservoir was never empty, the filter was cleaned regularly, I was very easy on the door hinge. We showed that dishwasher a good time!!! :(:(:(

Maybe the mistake was feeding it grapes... (it's still under warrantee, anyway. :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe the mistake was feeding it grapes... (it's still under warrantee, anyway. :))

Yeah, do you think the grapes might have got sucked up into the mechanism somehow? :D

I guess machines are sometimes just faulty but I really want our landlord to know that we respected the machine. We’re good tenants, honest! :P Hopefully it’s still under warranty. I won’t ruin his Sunday with the news. It's a Monday kinda revelation.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

While you're at it, print out a pamphlet on planned obsolescence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

While you're at it, print out a pamphlet on planned obsolescence.

I also think he might have cheaped out. The Zanussi that was there before it lasted a decade. The Beko lasts 18 months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,710 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Fairly sure I have given out about this before but drivers who can't maintain a constant speed. If they are behind you one minute they are on your tail, the next a mile behind. When in front of you , you are going between 60 and 80 stuck behind them. Then they are doing 80 approaching roundabouts when they are meant to be doing 60. I have a thing about driving at a constant speed at the speed limit, providing conditions allow of course.
    It's funny when I switch on the cruise control on a motorway at 120 or similar, how often I find myself leapfrogging drivers who don't keep a steady speed. Even on slightest hills, the others generally slow significantly and I find myself zooming past them.

I do that sometimes when someone is tailgating me.
    I did a couple of trips outside Dublin in the past month, and tailgaiting is a real problem. I don't mind somebody who tailgates for a minute while looking for a safe spot to overtake, but there are those people who zoom up and settle in way too closely behind, as if it is the Tour de France and they're picking up the slipstream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Homeward bound from a week in the sun. What’s up with lads wearing boxer shorts under swimming shorts by the pool? They’d take ages to dry after a dip? If you really want to show off you’re wearing Calvin Kleins just buy their swim shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

When a customer tells me how to do my job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Got stuck behind a bus in the outside lane on a motorway for about 5 minutes today.... Very trivial but very annoying!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had a nap but fell into a very deep sleep and woke up groggy headed o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

No-one wants to go for early evening pints , and whenever anyone else fancies a few I usually drop everything and go 🙄🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My ex-husband is marrying the woman he was shagging while we were still married today.

And I'm off ze booze so I can't even have an "up yours" tipple.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

snowbabe wrote: »
    No-one wants to go for early evening pints , and whenever anyone else fancies a few I usually drop everything and go ����

Mmm early evening pints..........I'd go with ya if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My (soon be ex) friend has a car , says let’s go for a spin. Great says I. Ok texts me let’s go right now says he, I lock my room, hang around downstairs and 20 minutes later still waiting .....

Let’s go for a jog. Cool I agree and I’m standing outside waiting for 15 minutes

Says let’s go cycling at 9:30 Saturday morning. Sure thing. I’m ready and all set. At 9:35 told ah we will go 10:30. Feck that, I cancel it all and go on my own. No more

It’s not malicious, he does it to everyone but I hate it and it’s my TA. No consideration. Others complain about it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My (soon be ex) friend has a car , says let’s go for a spin. Great says I. Ok texts me let’s go right now says he, I lock my room, hang around downstairs and 20 minutes later still waiting .....

Let’s go for a jog. Cool I agree and I’m standing outside waiting for 15 minutes

Says let’s go cycling at 9:30 Saturday morning. Sure thing. I’m ready and all set. At 9:35 told ah we will go 10:30. Feck that, I cancel it all and go on my own. No more

It’s not malicious, he does it to everyone but I hate it and it’s my TA. No consideration. Others complain about it too

Tell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Eugh - the thought of work tomorrow is a bit of a downer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Eugh - the thought of work tomorrow is a bit of a downer.

A TH has caused a TA. I had not even thought that.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    A TH has caused a TA. I had not even thought that.

This TH has been causing TAs for people for years! :D

erica74 wrote: »
    "someone driving a BMW is hardly going to be robbing houses" :pac::pac::pac:
    "How do I know it's not stolen?"

Case in point: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107833046&postcount=5237

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

AllForIt wrote: »
    5rtytry56 wrote: »
    On the train at the moment from Ballina to Dublin.All well until Claremorris.. Then middle aged lady meets her friend of the same age.

..And the verbal diorrhea kicks off.

Whenever anything bad happens on the Westport/Ballina to Dublin train it always has something to do/connection with Claremorris.
    Probably due to the fact that claremorris was the main junction of the wibbly wobbly Burma road. It's haunted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Fasting from 8pm because I have bloods tomorrow. I got some of that Tesco finest shortbread and now I can't eat it because I'm not in the mood now but later it'll be too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Coming up to a junction and the car in front stops a whole length from the line and inches forward bit by bit braking if they even think s car is coming. When I win the lotto I am going to rear end the like of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

mikemac2 wrote: »

Flaky people. Can't stand them. Unless they're family, cut them from your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

No time for people who are like that, turning up late for things, changing plans at the last minute to suit themselves.

Text speak. It actually takes longer to do it. And it hurts my eyes to try and decipher it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I don't rule family out tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

northgirl wrote: »
    I don't rule family out tbh.

:D

The heat. Beer is warm before I finish the bottle. :(

Ta it's Sunday again,the weekends goo way too fast.

TG1 wrote: »
    The heat. Beer is warm before I finish the bottle. :(

What beer ya drinking?

Ta it's Sunday again,the weekends goo way too fast.

What beer ya drinking?

I'm drinking the very last of a stock of hoegaarden I accumulated a while ago... Once this is gone, all the cheap booze I had accumulated is gone and I'm back to paying full price for booze... Which is no fun at all.... :pac:

Hmm never tried it

*Add to list *:pac:

• Advertisement

Hmm never tried it

*Add to list *:pac:

It's quite nice, a wheat beer, flavoured with corriander and orange peel, similar to blue moon if you have ever had that, but I think a bit nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Palpitations. Been a while since I had them, and I first thought they were a side effect of a tablet I was on, but I changed tablets so it's obviously not. Mam reckons it's stress related given the fact that I'll be going on Erasmus soon, even though I don't feel stressed.

If it is stress though then I'm glad I can't feel it because stress leads to anxiety, and that is not something I want coming back :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sigh. Looking forward to Friday. Work is no fun recently :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Not sure if this is something specific to reading news on a laptop (ie not app), but it's very TAing when I read an article referencing a video, and the video is not linked or embedded in the article !
    I have to go and search for the video elsewhere with my own search words, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Stupid frizzy blowy misty rain. Feel like a tit putting up the umbrella but you get soaked if you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Coming up to a junction and the car in front stops a whole length from the line and inches forward bit by bit braking if they even think s car is coming. When I win the lotto I am going to rear end the like of them.

Somewhat related TA : there are road junctions where the road markings are ridiculous, as in, if you stop along the road markings, your have less visibility for turning than if you position yourself a bit differently.

For example this junction, outside of Clonmel.
    https://goo.gl/maps/kWhNpho8bRN2

The little car in the image has rightfully positioned itself so that it can see to the left, in order to turn right.

Well believe it or not, I have had many TA instances where some idiot squeezes in to the "box" left on the right hand side (of the orange car there, for ex), thereby causing confusion and looking at you like you're the one in the wrong.:mad:

Most drivers are clever enough to deduct from cars ahead of them what approach is best, thankfully, but the thicker drivers are usually the most aggressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at how absolutely terrible TfGM is at picking names for its smart card. My Get Me There card? Feck off.

Booooo Monday rebellious-sticking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

TA'd that its the Monday-iest Monday that ever Mondayed.

My puppy wouldn't go back into the house this morning after I let her out to pee and she went and hid under a bush because she knew I was going to work. Got soaked from the branches of the bush trying to bribe her out. Had me almost 10 minutes late.

Made a delicious pot of curry yesterday to eat for lunch all week and was looking forward to a good healthy week and then forgot my lunch box.

The parking meter at the car park beside work took my money and I paid for the whole week on the advance pay ticket.

Think I have a cold coming on and have the busiest few weeks ahead... ugh.

I see there are 30 emails in my inbox from Friday some highlighted as urgent and I can't cope until I have at least 15 coffees.

TA I've the worst period pains ever today. Contemplating calling in sick to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

This:

"The period that elapsed between the crash and the suspected driver presenting himself was greater than three hours, the maximum window for breathalysing a driver after a road traffic incident. His fleeing effectively means the Garda lost the opportunity to gather legally sound evidence to prove or rule out drink-driving."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/victims-of-fatal-donegal-car-crash-are-named-1.3601350

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Turnipman wrote: »
    This:

"The period that elapsed between the crash and the suspected driver presenting himself was greater than three hours, the maximum window for breathalysing a driver after a road traffic incident. His fleeing effectively means the Garda lost the opportunity to gather legally sound evidence to prove or rule out drink-driving."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/victims-of-fatal-donegal-car-crash-are-named-1.3601350

He will have to live with what he has done .:mad:

TA I've the worst period pains ever today. Contemplating calling in sick to work

Do it and mind yourself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Day one of weight watchers. Feeling thoroughly dissatisfied after a small bowl of porridge. Kill me now. Ugh.

northgirl wrote: »
    Do it and mind yourself. :)

I think I just need the day in bed :)
    Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Day one of weight watchers. Feeling thoroughly dissatisfied after a small bowl of porridge. Kill me now. Ugh.

Did you ever try slimming world? I find it a bit nicer than weight watchers to follow :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just paid the last instalment of my fee's for this semester, now Ive done that, I could not feel less like going.
    Annoyed at myself that I have forgotten how to live on beans and cheese for the two weeks it will take to recoup the money above.

I thought I had a few days between coming off all hours at work and starting class, but no, I have an appointment from a waiting list I shouldn't ignore and a dental appointment I can't miss either in those days now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I was just in the shop in work when this woman walked in with her child. He said "I want a toy" and she said "no" and what followed was the child screaming bloody murder and his mother doing little to sooth him other than making empty threats and grabbing him roughly by the arms.
    The 2 women behind me in the queue started giving out to the lady working in the shop "you shouldn't have the toys in view of children", "it's not fair", "parents can't buy toys for children every time they're out". Meanwhile the child is still screaming his head off at the door. They then proceeded to have a conversation about how terrible it was to have toys on display - rather than realising the value of teaching children that they can't simply have everything they want.
    Then they started moaning about the heat and how all the chocolate in the shop was melting - as if the shop is responsible for the weather. One of them then started picking up bars and squeezing them to demonstrate how melted they were. I turned around and said "you know someone else is going to buy that bar after you've mauled it" and she said "eh it has a wrapper".
    Then the other one said to me "I need to go ahead of you, I'm in a rush to get back to my car", I said "I'm in a rush to get back to work" and she rolled her eyes and said "suit yourself". And what was holding us all up long enough to have these delightful chats? 2 traveller children trying to buy 3 ice creams, 2 bars and a bag of crisps with €5 and basically expecting the lady in the shop to just give them everything for a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why am I seeing lately random multiple 'This post has been deleted' on boards, the users seem to be still active. It's TAing me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

More room viewing tonight. The effort and then I probably won't get it. I can't wait for the day to come where I can stop trawling daft... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Why am I seeing lately random multiple 'This post has been deleted' on boards, the users seem to be still active. It's TAing me.

GDPR. Annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

"Cool, thanks " A managers reply to a lovely letter ( by text) handing in a resignation with written resignation to follow 😡😡😡😡

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement