Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just saw a post in a Facebook running group I'm in where a woman was delighted because her husband offered to kind the kids so she could go for a run.

Oh. How kind of him :confused:

Or men who refer to minding their own children as "babysitting".

Going straight in the gulag after my benevolent coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Paranoid people.

I know someone who, if she can't find something, immediately posts on Facebook that there is a thief. Yesterday someone 'stole' a hat and a poem. She found them last night.

And if she saw a spoon in someone's kitchen she would connect it to heroin use.

People like that are so badminded they're dangerous. And she mops the floor with her foot and a towel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

And she mops the floor with her foot and a towel.

Presumably because someone stole her mop, right? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

MagicIRL wrote: »

This made me laugh out loud :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Controversial...but anyway..
    On my TAts is the person in another thread who feels the need to constantly brag.. OK so you've clearly got lots of money and freedom to enjoy that money but f*#k off..
    Then the person in another thread who tries way too hard to be cool and falls flat on their face everytime with no likes or quotes.. give up the comedian role, it's cringe..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MagicIRL wrote: »

I do hope so, I would have. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Asking around for recs for a nice spa/resort hotel, lots of ideas' coming.
    Every single one of them needs a car to get to, not one of them runs a shuttle to local public transport!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People who park right outside the shop door blocking traffic, when there's a whole car park on their right hand side, with empty spaces too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

smurfjed wrote: »
    Kinda TA'd that my OH always leaves it to the last minute to get to the airport for flights, I actually had the airline calling me this morning asking where she was!

I only hope he's not one of the pilots. :pac:

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    People who park right outside the shop door blocking traffic, when there's a whole car park on their right hand side, with empty spaces too

They are currently doing civil engineering in the car park of my local Lidl precisely because people insist on parking practically *in* the shop and blocking sightlines, a pedestrian crossing and access to half the car park. I'm so, SO happy they're actually doing something about it. The day they put up the barriers to block off the work a guy pulled into the car park and practically crashed into them, he was obviously so used to just abandoning the car directly in front of the entrance. His face when he realised he couldn't park there was absolutely priceless.

I actually think I have a pic of the spectacularly obnoxious parking, hang on...

Edit: here we are. Yes, that Octavia is actually parked there.

13438818_10154942669947678_3232862996252243855_n.jpg?oh=ca3ca265e19dcee139ce4827c1a9c571&oe=5B23A583

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dial Hard wrote: »
    They are currently doing civil engineering in the car park of my local Lidl precisely because people insist on parking practically *in* the shop and blocking sightlines, a pedestrian crossing and access to half the car park. I'm so, SO happy they're actually doing something about it. The day they put up the barriers to block off the work a guy pulled into the car park and practically crashed into them, he was obviously so used to just abandoning the car directly in front of the entrance. His face when he realised he couldn't park there was absolutely priceless.

I actually think I have a pic of the spectacularly obnoxious parking, hang on...

13438818_10154942669947678_3232862996252243855_n.jpg?oh=ca3ca265e19dcee139ce4827c1a9c571&oe=5B23A583

Ballycullen ? Yes they are a nuisance and so lazy , everyone has to manouver arounds the eejits parked there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Careful what you wish for though! They ruined our Lidl with making everyone go in the same direction, but 2 way down the spaces rows, so now you get mixed in with all the ditherers, confused and people ignoring the arrows, when before I used to drive in directly to the spots furthest away to avoid all of this but now I can't go that direction

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ballycullen ? Yes they are a nuisance and so lazy , everyone has to manouver arounds the eejits parked there

Yep. I actually said to a guy that was parked about where the Octavia is "That's not a parking space" before and his reply was "Oh it absolutely is a parking space."

:confused::confused::confused:

That's the mentality you're dealing with here. On what flipping planet is that a sparking space?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yep. I actually said to a guy that was parked about where the Octavia is "That's not a parking space" before and his reply was "Oh it absolutely is a parking space."

That's the mentality you're dealing with here. On what flipping planet is that a sparking space?????

Planet me me me

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

On my TAts is the person in another thread who feels the need to constantly brag.. OK so you've clearly got lots of money and freedom to enjoy that money but f*#k off..
    Then the person in another thread who tries way too hard to be cool and falls flat on their face everytime with no likes or quotes.. give up the comedian role, it's cringe..

Mod Voice
    This isn't a thread to complain about other posters on boards or anything on boards.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ordered a stir fry there. My most fav ingredients in it are noodles prawns mushrooms sundried tomatoes chickpeas and cashew nuts.
    My most hated veg in a stir fry is sweetcorn and peas. Everything else I’m not that bothered. I ordered one. Out it comes with no sundried tomatoes no cashew nuts and with peas. I’d have coped without the stuff but not with the peas. Puke.
    I brought it back up nicely and explained I said no peas and wanted the cashew nuts and the sundried tomatoes.

She made me another one, no peas, but no cashew nuts either.

Two goddamn orders made and two incorrect orders received

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Bought a new Sony phone a wee while back because old phones memory was 95% full and slowing up, now I realise that the amazing 23mp camera with "clear pic" zoom is sh!te it's like static on the photo when it's low light or zoom, taking pictures of the moon the other night was pointless, (like that black and white static you got on old TVs when trying to tune them)
    Took out the old phone just to see, and its 13mp camera took perfect clear ones, what POX!!:mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

selous wrote: »
    Bought a new Sony phone a wee while back because old phones memory was 95% full and slowing up, now I realise that the amazing 23mp camera with "clear pic" zoom is sh!te it's like static on the photo when it's low light or zoom, taking pictures of the moon the other night was pointless, (like that black and white static you got on old TVs when trying to tune them)
    Took out the old phone just to see, and its 13mp camera took perfect clear ones, what POX!!:mad:

You need one of these. :)

SanDisk-Ultra-Dual-Drive-USB-3-8-1024x683.jpg

People who waste your time and cancel at the last minute without any apparent thought for the time they wasted and your feelings. Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

The term "price point" makes me want to strangle the person who uses it. One of the worst Americanisms I've seen creeping into Ireland.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    You need one of these. :)

SanDisk-Ultra-Dual-Drive-USB-3-8-1024x683.jpg

What is that??:confused:

It's a Dual USB drive with a normal USB plug on one side, and a micro USB on the other.

sandisk_ultra_dual_usb_3.0_otg_16gb_32g_64gb_flash_memory_pen_drive_stick_lot_zp3020680521011_4_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wardrobe departments in programmes and how the characters never change their clothes. There's a few people in Fair City who have the same get up on them for the last fcuking year. TA'd that I'm even watching FC in the first place and even more TA'd that I've been watching it long enough to know they never change their clothes

Oh yeah? 'cause cartoon characters change their wardrobe regularly, do they? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I bought a fancy 5 stage water filter from Amazon. Just realised the replacement cartridges are extortionate and have to be changed every 3 weeks! Now I have to send it back because I'm an idiot. Bottled water for me.

New Home wrote: »
    It's a Dual USB drive with a normal USB plug on one side, and a micro USB on the other.

sandisk_ultra_dual_usb_3.0_otg_16gb_32g_64gb_flash_memory_pen_drive_stick_lot_zp3020680521011_4_.jpg

Which does what? clear up the "white noise" on the picture?
    (loads of memory on new phone, just crap long distance and low light pics, which old phone didn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Decided to make a pineapple, blueberry and coconut water smoothie this morning which I lashed into me, now I can feel that gurgling through me. There will be a sprint to the jacks shortly.

So yeah, I'm just dandy today.

I think I'm gonna vomit! :D:o I'm actually half-laughing half-smirking here :D Well it might be easier evacuated out the other end, but the thoughts of it all and eeughh.. The thoughts of a swirling gurgling concoction of different drinks/smoothies down mah belleh right now and the urge to vomit, and my throat currently feeling like there's a knife stuck down one side of it. I'm sorry but I have to admit it's funny in an amusing way! Just. Feic. Feic being sick. Can we all just check into the Boardsies Hospickal. :(:(

selous wrote: »
    Which does what? clear up the "white noise" on the picture?
    (loads of memory on new phone, just crap long distance and low light pics, which old phone didn't have.

No, it wouldn't improve the quality of the picture, but it would increase the memory of your old phone without having to install a new memory card (or having to buy a new phone :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Being prompted by your partner - nudge and admonition by painful nudge and admonition - to passively watch TV programmes that you have no interest in watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Shady

• Advertisement

Missing Derry Girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Creating TA's for other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

3 hours of pre recorded dancing on ice.

I'm physically present on the couch but my mind is just after leaving the edge of the known universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Head is all over the shop. Going to take a break from boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Be well sugar tits ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Come back soon, you brighten up the thread with your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ordered a stir fry there. My most fav ingredients in it are noodles prawns mushrooms sundried tomatoes chickpeas and cashew nuts.
    My most hated veg in a stir fry is sweetcorn and peas. Everything else I’m not that bothered. I ordered one. Out it comes with no sundried tomatoes no cashew nuts and with peas. I’d have coped without the stuff but not with the peas. Puke.
    I brought it back up nicely and explained I said no peas and wanted the cashew nuts and the sundried tomatoes.

She made me another one, no peas, but no cashew nuts either.

Two goddamn orders made and two incorrect orders received

Try making one yourself

I'll never take eating or talking or swallowing or even yawning, for granted ever again. :( :mad::( Even feicing yawning hurts my throat and I start choking and lose my breath. :(:( It must be horrendous to be a sick child and not be able to tell the adults what's wrong... :/

Oh I'd love a pan of Mushrooms now.. :( Feic ya Shoesdayschild!

:mad::mad::mad:

Have a funny feeling that I posted this Video before actually! I must have had problems with opening Cough Bottles before too! :D:o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I have an interview tomorrow evening, I'm up in pain because I slept on my shoulder and neck funny the night before last.

Ugh I'm going to be a wreck for it. I won't get any sleep, I'll have my 2 year old up 8.30 and I can't brush my hair because I can't lift my arm. Deep heat and nurofen are doing f*ck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

People on the radio (newstalk etc) always looking for more investment in everything. We need to invest more in roads or tourism or education or lane widening or litter prevention or public parks.

I can understand some of it but some of it also reeks of 1st world problems. You'd swear there was an endless pit of money available the way some of them go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a bit of a TA to look at my schedule for today and not know when I will be able to get a few minutes to grab lunch. Would love a quiet day, just for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

lawred2 wrote: »
    Try making one yourself

In the kitchen of a restaurant? Not sure anyone can just swan in and start cooking their own meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Tesco Ardkeen is the home of dreadful parking. There's a "taxi and set down area" which has never been used for its purpose. The area is wide enough for cars to pull in lengthways (if that makes sense) but instead the lazy people of society treat it like actual parking spaces and pull in nose to the footpath so about 1/3 of their car is hanging onto the actual lanes you drive in.
    A few weeks ago, there was a fella parked there and 2/3 of his car was hanging out, causing a blockage and I just happened to be passing as he returned to his car. I said to him "nice parking" and his response was "have you nothing better to do". I was literally walking by returning to my own car:pac:
    Oh, also, the Tesco carpark is massive and is only every 2/3 full.

General observation/opinion, not about anyone on a thread at the moment.

It's annoying when someone is on the receiving end of a deliberately antagonistic comment, bites (ok, stupidly), and is swarmed on by people shouting ''LOOK IT'S A SENSITIVE SNOWFLAKE''
    While an innocent comment somehow mysteriously offends someone who goes into a huff across six pages after OP tries to mollify them but they're determined to be offended and still there's no pile on of people shouting ''snowflake!'' at mysteriously offended person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

That's my parent's local lidl I believe and I use it occasionally. I cannot GET OVER the OBNOXIOUS parking that goes there, just as you have shown in that picture. Glad to hear they are doing something about it. Lazy fcuking lumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

People that suck sauce off their fingers while they're eating stuff with their hands. We have napkins, you barbarians.

PandaPoo: British Berkey water filters are meant to be the best and the filter things don't need to be changed as often. Expensive though and take up a bit of space (but I think they look nice). I don't know if it compares to what you paid for the expensive one on Amazon.
    A big TA for me is the taste of my tap water compared to what it was when I first moved here. What are they doing to it? :( I have to try a Berkey asap.

I'd usually be TA when someone says ''we'll touch base soon'' but I have to excuse today's offender 'cause she's lovely. Gosh those Americanisms have really crept in, though.

People that suck sauce off their fingers while they're eating stuff with their hands. We have napkins, you barbarians.

The popping noise when they pull the finger out of their gob. I want to scream.

Drama! 🤯 At Gare du Nord! Jardain everywhere! Train line closed!
    (And ye know how I hate drama!) 😂

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement