Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

snowbabe wrote: »
    "Cool, thanks " A managers reply to a lovely letter ( by text) handing in a resignation with written resignation to follow ��������

Charming..

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

northgirl wrote: »
    Charming..

Yes, a lovely reply to a young girl from a manager who is old enough and should know better, I really want her to reply :) but then that would be in TH 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The fees my embassy is racking up on the documents I need to get my stupid green marriage folder are outrageous!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

erica74 wrote: »
    I was just in the shop in work when this woman walked in with her child. He said "I want a toy" and she said "no" and what followed was the child screaming bloody murder and his mother doing little to sooth him other than making empty threats and grabbing him roughly by the arms.
    The 2 women behind me in the queue started giving out to the lady working in the shop "you shouldn't have the toys in view of children", "it's not fair", "parents can't buy toys for children every time they're out". Meanwhile the child is still screaming his head off at the door. They then proceeded to have a conversation about how terrible it was to have toys on display - rather than realising the value of teaching children that they can't simply have everything they want.
    Then they started moaning about the heat and how all the chocolate in the shop was melting - as if the shop is responsible for the weather. One of them then started picking up bars and squeezing them to demonstrate how melted they were. I turned around and said "you know someone else is going to buy that bar after you've mauled it" and she said "eh it has a wrapper".
    Then the other one said to me "I need to go ahead of you, I'm in a rush to get back to my car", I said "I'm in a rush to get back to work" and she rolled her eyes and said "suit yourself". And what was holding us all up long enough to have these delightful chats? 2 traveller children trying to buy 3 ice creams, 2 bars and a bag of crisps with €5 and basically expecting the lady in the shop to just give them everything for a fiver.

The world is full of ass clowns unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More room viewing tonight. The effort and then I probably won't get it. I can't wait for the day to come where I can stop trawling daft... :pac:

They'd be Daft not to give you the room......:pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JOBSOXO

Theme music to Ryan Tubridy's radio show really gets on my wick. It is so grating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I think I just need the day in bed :)

Did you ever try slimming world? I find it a bit nicer than weight watchers to follow :P

I hope you're taking it easy in bed with a hot water bottle :)

Oh I tried slimming world for a week and gave up on it a few months ago. I think it was my frame of mind though to be fair as I lost three pounds in that week. I just decided to go back to weight watchers as I managed to lose 23kg with them a few years ago so better the devil you know I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Everytime I see the thread entitled "Deirdre Jacob missing Twenty years....." my brain reads it as Derek Jacobi.

Sitting waiting for my dad who popped out for 15 minutes an hour and a half ago. Not his fault but the person he's with, but still. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I want a VW Transporter van. I neither need nor have the money for one but keep drooling over cool ones I see around. Starting to TA me.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I hope you're taking it easy in bed with a hot water bottle :)

Oh I tried slimming world for a week and gave up on it a few months ago. I think it was my frame of mind though to be fair as I lost three pounds in that week. I just decided to go back to weight watchers as I managed to lose 23kg with them a few years ago so better the devil you know I suppose!

Jesus that's unreal, well done you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My sick leave affecting my job prospects :(

Ta'd loads of work to do tomorrow for this assignment I have due Thursday and I don't know where to start, tried making a list etc :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

JOBSOXO wrote: »
    Theme music to Ryan Tubridy's radio show really gets on my wick. It is so grating.

That reminds me of a major TA !
    I'm back to work next week, and have no car aerial for the radio. :(

Driving down the bodhreen from my house the other day, there is a dip in the road that was in the shade, on a very sunny day. Coming up from the dip, BOIIING !!!
    The farmer had a little thread across the road, as they do, for the cows to cross to the barn (there were no cows, he was rounding them up wayyy back in the field). That was solid though, like the little woven rope they have on dog's leads ! No piece of fabric or any sign hanging off it to make it visible.

Shaved the aerial clean.

Good thing I wasn't a cyclist or motorcyclist.

Not going to make trouble for him anyway as we're neighbours, but fup it, I'll have no radio reception for the work commute. :(

Bloody fox screaming and made jump a little :o *cross face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Earlier this evening , we had street entertainment, for free here !
    A few people even had children out watching it.

Bare knuckle boxing .
    Am biting my tongue here as it's more than a TA :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

This fly buzzing round me as I lie in bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bloody fox screaming and made jump a little *cross face*

That wasn't a fox....

TA it is time to head to work.

Someone trying to shoehorn their way into my job. A temp no less. F*** O** :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh Tuesday can already **** right off. Late to work coz the cat was mewling all night so I'm wrecked, my hair just wouldn't work, car is almost out of petrol, had to drive rather than take the bus coz I need the car later, traffic was nuts, no spaces left in the cheaper car park so I have to park in the more expensive one, will have to move the car later anyway as the stupid expensive car park closes early, already sweating the makeup off my face and I'm ****ing tired. Can we just skip today so I can go back to bed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

When someone gives you a call for two seconds on your phone at half 8 in the morning and then hangs up to give you a missed call. This person regularly does this so they can then say 'I tried calling you this morning but it was early.' No you were in bed yourself playing russian roulette ringing everyone hoping nobody would pick up fast enough or ring back so early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Please put away your phone, stop showing everyone stupid videos on your phone. No one cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Fruit flies. The little feckers are everywhere and wrecking my head

Murmurings of 'christmas' around the place. At work, the local shop.. ugh.. 4 months of this shoite now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am like the walking dead for lack of sleep.
    Need a cattle prod and a sadist to keep me going today.

Someone trying to shoehorn their way into my job. A temp no less. F*** O** :mad:

Give them a boot up the ass and tell them get lost!

I am like the walking dead for lack of sleep.
    Need a cattle prod and a sadist to keep me going today.

I am the worst grump when I'm tired. Already snapped at one colleague this morning who asked for help. I feel bad...................but I'm tired so not that bad.
    How long does it take cats to settle into a new home? This is like having a baby ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Has anybody here ever sneezed in an ashtray?

Yep, it probably qualifies as more than a TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

DavyD_83 wrote: »

One of my least favorite memories is been at a party many years ago and taking a big gulp from my can of beer.
    Except it was not my can, it was a can that looked like mine, was half full and was used as an ashtray. Still feel sick thinking about it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I am the worst grump when I'm tired. Already snapped at one colleague this morning who asked for help. I feel bad...................but I'm tired so not that bad.
    How long does it take cats to settle into a new home? This is like having a baby ffs.

It depends on the house and the cat. If it's of any use to you, I found the Feliway spray to be very effective, mine is about a third calmer and less aggressive than he's been (still the same house, but he has health problems).

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    It depends on the house and the cat. If it's of any use to you, I found the Feliway spray to be very effective, mine is about a third calmer and less aggressive than he's been (still the same house, but he has health problems).

Ah! Thanks, we've ordered the diffuser for her room so hopefully that'll calm her down a bit. She's happy enough during the day but is just constantly mewling at night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

DavyD_83 wrote: »

I once sneezed in a toilet cubicle when drunk and gave myself a black eye on the handle.

For some reason* it was the funniest thing ever!!

* that reason was Stella!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stella "Hurt-toi"?

New Home wrote: »
    Stella "Hurt-toi"?

Not at the time but the next morning, oui!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

If people in the YouTube comment section could f*uck off with their "who's still listening in 2018" bull**** under every half decent song from the last 2 decades, that'd be great.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    If people in the YouTube comment section could f*uck off with their "who's still listening in 2018" bull**** under every half decent song from the last 2 decades, that'd be great.

Makes me cringe when I see that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/21/cps-drops-all-charges-against-former-hillsborough-police-officer-norman-bettison

Not trivial at all, there are just no words how p**sed off I am.

I'm a blue but when you grow up in Liverpool the rivalry is match day only. JFT96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just had to speak to my ex. I feel sick. I never want to have to speak to him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Or the idiots who write "First"....that for some unknown reason ticks me off. Who the f**k cares if you are first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Up there with the "I'm a 10year old kid, with no hearing or thumbs to type this but even I know this is a great song"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/21/cps-drops-all-charges-against-former-hillsborough-police-officer-norman-bettison

Not trivial at all, there are just no words how p**sed off I am.

I'm a blue but when you grow up in Liverpool the rivalry is match day only. JFT96.

"The police at Hillsborough were never able to guarantee safety, however many gates they did or didn't open; no police force at any football ground in the country could do that. It could have happened anywhere. It could have happened at Highbury, on the concrete steps leading out of the North Bank down to the street; or it could have happened at Loftus Road, where thousands of fans can only gain access to the away end through a coffee bar.

And there would have been an enquiry, and newspaper reports and blame attached to the police, or stewards or drunken fans or somebody. But that wouldn't have been right. "

Nick Hornby
    Fever Pitch

And as someone who, like Hornby, attended quite a few English soccer matches in the 1980s...he's dead right here. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Tourists, usually Continental.
    Any chance they could congregate in less inconvenient areas?

It's like they see a through-way and think 'Yes we'll all hang around there and block it for everyone'
    Animals.

"The police at Hillsborough were never able to guarantee safety, however many gates they did or didn't open; no police force at any football ground in the country could do that. It could have happened anywhere. It could have happened at Highbury, on the concrete steps leading out of the North Bank down to the street; or it could have happened at Loftus Road, where thousands of fans can only gain access to the away end through a coffee bar.

And there would have been an enquiry, and newspaper reports and blame attached to the police, or stewards or drunken fans or somebody. But that wouldn't have been right. "

Nick Hornby
    Fever Pitch

And as someone who, like Hornby, attended quite a few English soccer matches in the 1980s...he's dead right here. Sorry.

Not an argument I want to get into but I never missed a game home or away from 1982 to 1999 and not a home one from 1976 to the present day.

I have stood on that very terrace just 5 months before the disaster.

It was a tragedy waiting to happen.

Your Face wrote: »

It's like they see a through-way and think 'Yes we'll all hang around there and block it for everyone'
    Animals.

Why do they find the narrowest pavement and stand three abreast ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Why do they find the narrowest pavement and stand three abreast ?

And refuse to move in...

• Advertisement

Animals.

Often witnessed at the already cramped and crowded English Market in cork. Very TAi'ng.

And refuse to move in...

I'll walk into them if they don't move in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And refuse to move in...

That is when being a large shouty man comes in handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

It was a tragedy waiting to happen.

I'm not arguing with you. In fact that's pretty much what the lads with whom I worked in London at the time, and who went to matches regularly themselves said: "It could have been any one of us"

And they weren't necessarily talking about the stadium at Hillsborough either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Worldwide HQ like to send around a chatty newsletter when moral is deemed to be low, its usually snippets of info like team in HK won the healthcare cricket league last month, outreach team in Liverpool are having a bake sale for the women's hospital there and the like.

TA the team in Becks are looking for the link they saw somewhere for the petition to save Red Rock, as its 'easily the best UK drama the BBC has made in a decade'

A worldwide organisation with multiple branches in Ireland, still don't know where Ireland is! or know how to google.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement