Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I'm not arguing with you. In fact that's pretty much what the lads with whom I worked in London at the time, and who went to matches regularly themselves said: "It could have been any one of us"

And they weren't necessarily talking about the stadium at Hillsborough either.

In certain circumstances a girlfriend telling you that if you let go her hand she will die would be incredible romantic. Unfortunately its not so romantic when you are trying to get out of the funnel at the Canal End of Croke Park after an All Ireland in the 80's and she was genuinely petrified.

Dalymount park in 1985 Ireland V Italy was another bullet dodged and I well remember being on the terrace at Ireland V France in 1981 and being baffled why a big lad like me couldn't see over anyone's head. It took me a few minutes to figure out I was standing in an aisle and about another 10 to get off it. It was only the grace of God that numbers were more restricted when the English 'fans' came calling in '95 or it would have made Hillsborough look like a picnic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I well remember being on the terrace at Ireland V France in 1981 and being baffled why a big lad like me couldn't see over anyone's head. It took me a few minutes to figure out I was standing in an aisle and about another 10 to get off it. It was only the grace of God that numbers were more restricted when the English 'fans' came calling in '95 or it would have made Hillsborough look like a picnic.

I think I was at that match (Irl v F) and it was scary. So too was Ireland Wales the following year. I think there was a huge problem with forged tickets at the time so many more people were let in than could safely be accommodated in the standing sections.

Round about then was when they set up the screening system with stewards a little distance from the stadium to guard against people with forged tickets getting too close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Why do car dealers not want your hard earned cash?

Answer the phone? No!
    Reply to a text? No!
    Have the 3 cars in stock when you drive for 2 hours at an arranged time? NO!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That is when being a large shouty man comes in handy.

Having sharp elbows works, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

So so tired. Awake since 05:30. Struggling to stay awake at desk in spreadsheet hell but must keep busy and not go to bed til late or repetition of this will ensue!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I load the car with baby and dog and drive to Dublin at the In-laws place because I have to pick something important up. The man says he calls them this morning. He forgot, I didn't know and now I'm standing in front of locked doors because they're out.

I think the dog is a puddle now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who assume a lot and have a mistakenly high level of faith in their assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

People not waiting for you to exit a lift/shop/bus/train before they try to enter are some of the most ignorant assholes on earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Not recognising people. Someone smiled and said hello to me as I passed them in the supermarket the other day and I said hello back over my shoulder knowing I knew them but not a clue where from. I racked my brains and then it dawned on me that it was a woman I knew since I was a child, an old neighbour. Morto:(
    Someone let me go over at a crossing earlier and was waving mad at me, couldn't make out who they were even when they called hello out the window. Not a clue who it was and didn't recognise the car.

erica74 wrote: »
    People not waiting for you to exit a lift/shop/bus/train before they try to enter are some of the most ignorant assholes on earth.

My 8y/o does that and it drives me mental. Every single time he gets a bollocking, I hope that at some point he'll get it. It's embarrassing and in these moments I'd wish it's someone else's kid... The internal cringe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Someone blowing the yard outside my house on a day I have a headache.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

northgirl wrote: »
    I'll walk into them if they don't move in.
    That is when being a large shouty man comes in handy.

Im a 18 stone redneck masquerading as a professional.
    Speaking from experience, I cant do this without looking like the bad guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I got into the shower with my glasses on.

Idiot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Chewbacca wrote: »
    I got into the shower with my glasses on.

Idiot.

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

New Home wrote: »
    "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone". :D

Not a TA, but just sayin' ... I have a friend named Lorraine. She is the subject of a bit of ribbing along the the lines of "I can see clearly now, Lorraine is gone" and "I wanna know, have you ever seen Lorraine"

Never gets old for me anyway, not sure about her....:D

Mother-in-law's ongoing mean remarks towards my partner/her son. This time he looks like a Muslim with his beard. He has a pretty well groomed nice beard, not overly long but he takes pride in it.
    She puts it down as banter but I know it bothers him because it's so ongoing.

Also her believing in every urban myth out there and constantly lecturing me through my partner that I really shouldn't put plants in my bedroom because they use up all the oxygen!!!!11
    Might wake up dead soon.

LirW wrote: »
    Mother-in-law's ongoing mean remarks towards my partner/her son. This time he looks like a Muslim with his beard. He has a pretty well groomed nice beard, not overly long but he takes pride in it.
    She puts it down as banter but I know it bothers him because it's so ongoing.

Also her believing in every urban myth out there and constantly lecturing me through my partner that I really shouldn't put plants in my bedroom because they use up all the oxygen!!!!11
    Might wake up dead soon.

If she were my M.I.L., for every Christmas, birthday, anniversary and special occasion, she'd be getting "a lovely plant for your bedroom, I know how much you love them!".

New Home wrote: »
    If she were my M.I.L., for every Christmas, birthday, anniversary and special occasion, she'd be getting "a lovely plant for your bedroom, I know how much you love them!".

I'm a bit of a plant freak and I got her a little one as a present before and I just wanted to give her some advice on the care. She got really p1ssy in a passive aggressive way because I really know my plant stuff.

... I hope she'd fancy a cactus, Christmas is near and they're cheap in IKEA.

I'd get her some tumbleweeds... She sounds delightful.

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, she's actually a lovely lady, she's just quite competitive and idealistic.
    Plus that banter - thing, I find it quite annoying because it's a fine line of being funny or just a d1ck.

Also TA: this slight annoying evening headache.

Not quite 9.30 and it is dark out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Not quite 9.30 and it is dark out :(

That's a TH :D

One of my eyes is blurry, itchy and sore all evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The new layout of gmail. It feels like a teenage social media layout or something :confused: I can't explain it, it just feels too young or something? The old layout was just fine. Concise and to the point. It's not like it's a big change but I hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

There was tips left behind the bar for me since last night. TA'd that I forgot to collect them before I went home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

When you are staying in a hotel and you come back in the evening with your phone on low battery but there are no plugs beside the bed so you can't use your phone and lie on the bed at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

TG1 wrote: »
    Someone blowing the yard outside my house on a day I have a headache.... :(

How does one blow one's yard?

To thine own self be true

How does one blow one's yard?

Well, it's not as filthy as you make it sound!!

There is a machine called a blower, which blows all the dirt around, and if you direct it all to one spot you can then collect it all and dispose of the leaves, shavings, hay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Bad back and sleepless nights

Every time I wash white the cotton clothes are getting destroyed in black lint. I'm staying in someone else's house so I don't want to create a fuss but it's bugging me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Will I ever get a decent nights sleep again?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

When you post an interesting factoid/opinion and because someone disagrees - you MUST have invented it!!!

Other TA - been on a bit of a health kick and someone asked "have you lost weight ?". I must have but I'm not going to get weighed every week.

Next thing ? "Oh you should, try Weight Watchers - my sister swears by them, she's been going to the one in the Methodist Church for five years and she's lost a stone. You'll put it all back on if you do it yourself......" (continues seemingly ad nauseum!)

FUP OFF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have a sneeze lingering that just won't come. Tempted to go down to work canteen & get some pepper.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I have a sneeze lingering that just won't come. Tempted to go down to work canteen & get some pepper.

Look up at a light with your head tilted back, never fails for me :)

TA was up at the in laws, a relation we rarely see was there and food was ordered in. Everyone started digging in but me and a couple of others hung back. "Everyone get your own food, it is self service here", she says. Eh, I was hanging back to allow others to go first (and not look like an absolute hunger as I was starving:)) , I wasn't expecting it to be served up to me, FFS!!

When people open a window knowing you're not really keen but obviously don't object being a shared workspace and they walk out of the room leaving it wide open.. :confused:

northgirl wrote: »
    When people open a window knowing you're not really keen but obviously don't object being a shared workspace and they walk out of the room leaving it wide open.. :confused:

Not trivial and on the PS List of capital crimes when I rule the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A few months ago I got a flight from Dublin to Charleroi. If you don’t know Charleroi they call it Brussels South which is like saying Dublin - Drogheda but anyway

The flight was 90 minutes late, no big deal ans we boarded but were stopped at the door by the captain/first officer guy. It seems the crew have limited hours and they would break that if they did the flight. So our plane was given to Dublin Manchester.”, we walked back inside and we waited 5 hours for a new plane. Arrived in Belgium at 2am :(

I claimed under EU261. They rejected stating “airport closure”. It was a sunny day. Dublin was not closed

Lies !!!! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I woke in the middle of the night to use the loo. When I looked at the time when I got back into bed I realised that my alarm was going off in 7 minutes. FML :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Not trivial and on the PS List of capital crimes when I rule the world.

Make it grounds for divorce while you're at it please.

Oh, and add turning on the tv and not watching it, what with being gone from the room for the foreseeable future.

TA August. What a disaster it has been for me, I really want to move on but I don't like September either :p

Make it grounds for divorce while you're at it please.

Oh, and add turning on the tv and not watching it, what with being gone from the room for the foreseeable future.

TA August. What a disaster it has been for me, I really want to move on but I don't like September either :p

You gotcha!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dad whinging yesterday that he thought it was later in the week than it was. Bugger off, you're retired, it makes absolutely zero difference to you! I spent the entire day thinking it was Thursday which means I have several more days of getting up for work than I thought I had. You just have to think for an extra 30 seconds about whether it's social mixed or men's stableford day at the golf club :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sent in an internal review request to SUSI to get the full grant amount while I'm on Erasmus instead of the half (adjacent) rate. I was thinking that it had been a while since I sent it in, so I decided to ring them to follow up. Basically the answer I got was "send it to us again" :mad: Just what I need, I'm already feeling stressed enough about the whole thing, let alone having this uncertainty hanging over my head. I mean I can't see any reason why they would say no, but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

When people pronounce the letter A as "ah".
    "Ah B C D E F G..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm in the middle of preparing dinner when the missus comes home and decides to ring her mother. This will be a marathon chat as usual and I'll be the bad guy if I eat without her. Grumble.

Work, and the fact that I haven't won the lotto yet. So tired of having to deal with office politics and favourites and people being too insecure to share work and knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The 'Laughter' track they are using on the Lenny Henry Birthday Show.

It's completely out of track with the tone of the interview.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Agitated and angsty pretty much all of today. Everything going wrong. Only finally sitting down with a cuppa now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I hate being stuck in the office for more than a morning anyway. This am I was sharing with the head of FPOC, in this case fixing the phone lines. We had a message from the providers they needed to do an equipment check. which meant that he had to unplug the major call-in points(TG the internet was working).

The first step of this process is to call back the right section so they can monitor the changes on the lines, the moaning and annoyed sighing from him for the ten mins he was on the phone waiting to get connected. This is a process he would say we were just moaning about if it wasn't him doing it.:mad::(:rolleyes:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ah just fuk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah just fuk it.

You ok ?

TA my knee is killing me , oh the joys :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Mam of 4 wrote:
    You ok ?

Yeah I'm grand thanks Mam. Hope your knee feels better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement