Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I could really do with a good walk around the park but it's flaming lashing out there. I just dont want to be getting all wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Soo tired. Had a free house all to myself the last 2 nights but hate sleeping in a quiet house. My wife and kids are due back any minute, and I'm wrecked.
    Ah well I'll sleep tonight:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

This crazy weather, so far today I have been soaked, buffeted mercilessly, one minute I am baking and the next I am freezing my knickers off.

Durrrty!!:cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I haven't spoken to my mother in over a year. Every 2 months or so, she sends me a friend request (if that's what they're called) on LinkedIn because she's an almighty game player. So I get an email from LinkedIn and when it pops up on my phone, my mother's name is in the subject and therefore it pops up on my notification panel. That in itself is horrible. Seeing her stupid face puts me in such bad form. Her face annoys me. She annoys me. And now I'm in weird form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

erica74 wrote: »
    I haven't spoken to my mother in over a year. Every 2 months or so, she sends me a friend request (if that's what they're called) on LinkedIn because she's an almighty game player. So I get an email from LinkedIn and when it pops up on my phone, my mother's name is in the subject and therefore it pops up on my notification panel. That in itself is horrible. Seeing her stupid face puts me in such bad form. Her face annoys me. She annoys me. And now I'm in weird form.

you can block further invites from her

https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/1303/accepting-ignoring-or-reporting-invitations-as-spam?lang=en

If you don't know the person who sent you the invitation, you can also select the I don't know this person option that appears at the bottom left of the page after you click Ignore.

This will prevent that member from sending you further invitations to connect. It also gives us feedback on whether we may need to restrict the sender's account.

Thanks for that. I did that the last time. I just closed my account, easiest thing to do, I don't use LinkedIn anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Why oh why does my boss schedule the weekly team meeting for 4pm on a Friday

Everyone wants to leave

How about, um, em, dunno, eh, maybe 10am on a Tuesday morning like normal managers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Autosport wrote: »
    Did you watch the finale??? I didn't see that happening but yeah they are all a little messed up :D

Yeah last night! Really enjoyed it - mad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The forward facing wings on Thunderbird 2 make no sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

**** EVERYONE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Plant person struggles:
    I ordered 2 rare plants from my trusted plant dealers, one of them I had a pre-order on until the batch was ready to ship.
    He's based in the UK.
    Now he messed up the order and I got 2 of the rare plants from the batch (I ordered one of them plus another species) and they're worth a small fortune. I got in touch with him straight away and he said not to worry, I can keep the other one and he refunds me the one I didn't get.

Now today my actual delivery arrives. I told him again straight away and he really apologised for the mess-up and if I could work out to send them back and he refunds me the postage. No problem me says, postage back is sore but I didn't pay the 2 that I mistakenly got anyway. The thing is though I already potted them and I really like them and I'd love to keep both and pay yer man the difference to keep them but I'm too broke this month and this makes me sad :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

LirW wrote: »
    Plant person struggles:
    I ordered 2 rare plants from my trusted plant dealers, one of them I had a pre-order on until the batch was ready to ship.
    He's based in the UK.
    Now he messed up the order and I got 2 of the rare plants from the batch (I ordered one of them plus another species) and they're worth a small fortune. I got in touch with him straight away and he said not to worry, I can keep the other one and he refunds me the one I didn't get.

Now today my actual delivery arrives. I told him again straight away and he really apologised for the mess-up and if I could work out to send them back and he refunds me the postage. No problem me says, postage back is sore but I didn't pay the 2 that I mistakenly got anyway. The thing is though I already potted them and I really like them and I'd love to keep both and pay yer man the difference to keep them but I'm too broke this month and this makes me sad :(

Ask him if he wouldn't mind waiting until next month for you to pay for them - he wouldn't be able to get them back right away anyway, so he wouldn't be able to sell them immediately either, and anyway they might get damaged in transit. I'd say he'd probably wouldn't mind too much, worth a shot asking him anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

New Home wrote: »
    Ask him if he wouldn't mind waiting until next month for you to pay for them - he wouldn't be able to get them back right away anyway, so he wouldn't be able to sell them immediately either, and anyway they might get damaged in transit. I'd say he'd probably wouldn't mind too much, worth a shot asking him anyway. :)

Was thinking of doing that, the only thing could just be that there's another customer waiting for them at the moment. But we'll see, I'll sleep over it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

He'd tell you soon enough. :) Anyway, would he have only two specimen for sale? It seems unlikely. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

131'ers and 151''ers. Ye shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Penneys. Have read somewhere that they are supposed to be bringing in a Plus-Size Range up to Size 24. Admittedly I don't have much info about it, but anyways I asked Sales assistant about it this evening and she didn't have a clue.

Oh Mother of God I think I have reached new heights of stupid here! :D:o:o I need to get new Shoes and there's a certain Shoe-Shop in Galway that I like. My memory is crap and I have become crap anyway at remembering names! But today I looked up Opening Hours of a Shoe-Shop in Galway thinking it was the one I liked. And I headed up to Galway this eve to check out some Shoes, got to My Shoe-Shop to realize the Shutters were down and I had looked up the wrong Shop-name!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: So I drove all the way up to Galway for no reason really! Although I did have a couple of other things around to do, so I got them done and out of the way now and am glad of that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Irish Water are doing major works locally. They have the mobile traffic lights with a sign "stop here when light is red". When I stop at the red light, I get impatient f-ers behind me, beeping and revving. Some of them drive around me, jumping the light. The ones in front of me put down the boot and fly down the road, even though it's down to single lane only. Am I the only law abiding eejit left in the country.

I'm having increasing problems and symptoms related to my period. I now get awful cystic acne in the run up to my period every month and it's so bad that the spots have only just about cleared up when the run up to my next period starts and I'm hit with another breakout. I'm 31! I was very lucky to have not suffered with bad spots as a teenager. Why now??? It's not fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Having to spelling things in black and white and giving endless examples for management and management still not seeing the issue or seeing what is wrong.

Then getting screamed at in a meeting with another team for refusing to do something that is not my job (I have been told if I do such thing I could be fired) highlighted this to that team and somehow I was wrong.

But there is still a bit of fight in me and it could only go two ways, I will come out of this stronger or I am going to go down badly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dreaming about an ex, seemed so real.

erica74 wrote: »
    I'm 31!.
    I always thought you were born in 1974!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Dreaming about an ex, seemed so real.

Oh those dreams are so unsettling! I occasionally have a dream that I'm back with an ex of mine and I've no idea how we managed to get back together and I'm thinking ah crap I'm going to have to break up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Had a very restless night last night, and then when I did fall asleep I had a horrible dream about reversing into a car and when I got out of the car I saw that I had hit a dog too and the poor thing was in awful pain. It was so vivid, I can still picture it and I feel like crying even though I know it wasn't real.
    It was such a horrible dream, and I have no idea what brought it on.

New baggage policy from Ryanair

I have four short flights in November so caught for all. Either €7 or €10 per flight

Existing bookings that were made before the policy was announced should be exempted imo. Fair enough if it was made clear when making the booking but now they are changing the rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Talking to my family stresses me out and aggravates me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Oh those dreams are so unsettling! I occasionally have a dream that I'm back with an ex of mine and I've no idea how we managed to get back together and I'm thinking ah crap I'm going to have to break up with him.

I could see myself back in her apartment,felt so real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm having a clumsy day. Every second thing I've gone to touch or pick up today, I've knocked over. Dropped an open bottle of fake tan on my bathroom floor. Tripped over the dog while carrying a cup of tea. Caught my toes on the baby gate and nearly went head-first down the stairs. Managed to stop myself by grabbing the banister but wrenched my shoulder doing so. The shoulder that was already killing me because I hurt it the other day by looking around too quickly.

I feel like I should just get back into bed and stay there til tomorrow. Can't, though, cause I'm off to get my fanny hairs torn out by the root. No doubt there'll be some kind of hot wax-related disaster to regale you with after that. Stay tuned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TMI posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

One man, no matter what his status is in the world, should not cause the level of disruption seen in Dublin this weekend.

I hate it when you use a can of spray paint or hair spray or spray cleaning products or spray whatever, and despite your following the instruction to "shake well before use", the can runs out of gas well before it's empty of the actual product. That's a can that will be perpetually half empty and half full, 'cause unless you actually cut it open (not recommended at all) you'll have no way of getting the rest out.

Every fcuking doddery oul one and oul fella in the country seems to be driving around Dublin today. Yet another reason to be agin the pope visit.

• Advertisement

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Talking to my family stresses me out and aggravates me.

Precisely why I've stopped. Toxic.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Every fcuking doddery oul one and oul fella in the country seems to be driving around Dublin today. Yet another reason to be agin the pope visit.

Yes another reason to avoid Dublin city centre.

Yes another reason to avoid Dublin city centre.

I'm not even in the city centre!

My phone is charging and at 99% for what seems like forever.. I'm sure it's not though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

My eyesight is a bit funky. Phone screen looks crooked but it's my eyes. Driving me nuts.

Also had my tonsils out Monday and have the most rank taste in the back of my mouth. And the pain that just as you think it's easing off comes back in a wave that brings tears to my eyes.

Was having a nice nap and then a fly buzzing near my ear woke me *cross face*

Was having a nice nap and then a fly buzzing near my ear woke me *cross face*

Was it... bugging you? :pac::pac::pac:

giphy.gif

New Home wrote: »
    Was it... bugging you? :pac::pac::pac:

Obligatory facepalm gif for homeo

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My eyesight is a bit funky. Phone screen looks crooked but it's my eyes. Driving me nuts.

Also had my tonsils out Monday and have the most rank taste in the back of my mouth. And the pain that just as you think it's easing off comes back in a wave that brings tears to my eyes.

The taste is stale blood , rinse with Oraldene Ice Mint mouth wash and spit out
    . For pain take Nurofen and Paracetemol staggered with intervals between them
    So Paracetemol 500 x 2 . Then two hours later Nurofen 200 x 2 . That way the pain is better controlled
    Keep water in the fridge and sip cold cold water to ease the inflammation
    Get well soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Sky News mentioning, yet again, that Leo Varadkar is gay.
    We know.

Who cares, get over it for crying out loud!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What ta's me, it's not real life but on films and tv shows whenever a couple has sex, 99% of the time it is unprotected. Condoms are almost never seen to be used or mentioned on screen, you never hear one person asking the other if the are on the pill.

Bad message to be sending to the yoof. No wonder every time 2 people have an affair on the soaps the woman without fail gets pregnant.

Another ta about on screen sex; the couple tear each others clothes off and throw them across the room, fall naked onto the bed and make mad passionate love. Then when they get out of bed the next morning they are wearing their underwear again. :confused: Who takes the time to go searching around the place for their undies so they can put them back on before they go to sleep?

And where can I buy some L shaped sheets?
    Only in TV land it seems.

Another ta about screen sex (the last I promise). When a couple wake up in their underwear the morning after a marathon sex session they throw on the same clothes off the floor that they wore yesterday and head straight off to work or whatever (especially the man). ffs have a shower you dirty mingers, or at the very least a spray of deodorant, your work colleagues will thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

What ta's me, it's not real life but on films and tv shows whenever a couple has sex, 99% of the time it is unprotected. Condoms are almost never seen to be used or mentioned on screen, you never hear one person asking the other if the are on the pill.

Bad message to be sending to the yoof. No wonder every time 2 people have an affair on the soaps the woman without fail gets pregnant.

Especially when she doesn't shower after and put the same underwear on, making sure the "deposit" has a warm and concentrated place to stay for at least 12 hours.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm having a clumsy day. Every second thing I've gone to touch or pick up today, I've knocked over. Dropped an open bottle of fake tan on my bathroom floor. Tripped over the dog while carrying a cup of tea. Caught my toes on the baby gate and nearly went head-first down the stairs. Managed to stop myself by grabbing the banister but wrenched my shoulder doing so. The shoulder that was already killing me because I hurt it the other day by looking around too quickly.

I feel like I should just get back into bed and stay there til tomorrow. Can't, though, cause I'm off to get my fanny hairs torn out by the root. No doubt there'll be some kind of hot wax-related disaster to regale you with after that. Stay tuned!

See those baby gates? Surprised they're not responsible for more adult deaths per year. I don't have kids but I remember whilst house hunting almost falling down stairs twice due to them. Fright of my life both times!

razorblunt wrote: »
    See those baby gates? Surprised they're not responsible for more adult deaths per year. I don't have kids but I remember whilst house hunting almost falling down stairs twice due to them. Fright of my life both times!

The amount of time I snuck in to the house after a night out and got milled by those bloody gates...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Watching the Liverpool match on an American stream.

My God the quality of their ad's are sh1te

The Americans have funny ads

They must love their drugs because so many of the ads are from the big pharmaceutical companies. They spend 10 seconds on their wonderful product and the next minute warning about the horrible side effects and risk of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Watching the Liverpool match on an American stream.

The commentary is usually terrible aswell.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement