Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The Americans have funny ads

They must love their drugs because so many of the ads are from the big pharmaceutical companies. They spend 10 seconds on their wonderful product and the next minute warning about the horrible side effects and risk of death.

There was one for 2 burger for $2.

I've seen better acting in a school nativity play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

When people don't use their indicators, how am I suppose to know where your going :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Autosport wrote: »
    When people don't use their indicators, how am I suppose to know where your going :mad:

Especially when you are at a junction waiting to turn onto a major road and a car is approaching from your right. No indicator so you wait. Then they turn into the road you're on and your chance is gone forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Ytah think I am going to long between pain killers. Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I always thought you were born in 1974!

All a clever rouse to keep the snoopsters off my tail:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Weighed myself and I've put all the weight back on that I lost :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burnt my finger while lighting candles..........****er *cross*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I mowed half the back garden, and went in for a cuppa. Went back out and the lawnmower wouldn't start. Lovely day gone, and the grass half cut. Tempted to get half cut myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What ta's me, it's not real life but on films and tv shows whenever a couple has sex, 99% of the time it is unprotected. Condoms are almost never seen to be used or mentioned on screen, you never hear one person asking the other if the are on the pill.

Bad message to be sending to the yoof. No wonder every time 2 people have an affair on the soaps the woman without fail gets pregnant.

I mentioned this in the Coronation Street thread before too.
    How that since its obvious from all the pregnancy scares that it's always UP sex, they should run an STI storyline to highlight the risks and consequences that come with UP sex.
    I really admired Emmerdale when they did the HIV Val story.
    Soaps seem to cover every imaginable tragic story or scenario yet STIs seem to be still a taboo and that gets my TA vote today folks.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Went for dinner for my brother's birthday last night to an incredibly fancy and expensive restaurant that I haven't been to in years only to walk straight into my ex-husband and his new wife (who the more observant of you will remember he cheated on me with).

And I woke up with a whopper sore throat this morning. Why me, universe? What did I ever do to you other than conserve as much water as possible and try to avoid single-use plastics???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Woke up in bad form due to hassle last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I forgot to bring the clothes in off the line yesterday evening .

The line snapped during the night , lovely..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dial Hard wrote: »

And I woke up with a whopper sore throat this morning.

Same strangely enough. Miserable ATM :)

Not sure if I posted this here or not.

There's two churches in town here that "bong" the hour & one single one on the half hour. The TA of this has waned over the years. The TA of it is that there is a minute or so of a difference between them. One set finishes & then the other one starts.

Could they not sync up the underlying clock that is the timer. Or are they strictly adhering to the longitude they are on & the 400m between them is +/- 1 minute off GMT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Gossip mongers who spread gossip as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

And then the stupid people who believe it all and spread it on.

And then the stupid people who believe it all and spread it on.

Parrots!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Absolutely convinced the minions were back to school on Tuesday. Just saw on school website it's Wednesday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Having one of those days where I wish I could go outside with a hijab on so nobody can see me. Feeling like sh1t about myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Nothing going my way today. In lots of pain, my dinner tasted funny and I'm way off my game in pool. Might just head to bed for a while and watch Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Cleopatra_ wrote:
    Having one of those days where I wish I could go outside with a hijab on so nobody can see me. Feeling like sh1t about myself.

I prescribe staying indoors, 3 doses of chocolate, some easy watching silly comedy and some trimmed bush admiration/ appreciation! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was badly upset by something that happened at work, I whatsapped a friend in the same biz, hoping she would give me an understanding shoulder. She changed phones that day and only saw half the message!

Ppl who are clueless about another's circumstances and still push their obvious solutions on them.

Ppl who mistake and say things like "Stop feeling sorry for yourself" when person is in fact grieving.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My ****ing arsehole of a sky box went mental and missed the recording the start of the Grand Prix and the build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My upper lip is trivially annoying. On Friday in work, it felt a bit dodgy/tingly. Then it started to swell, internally. I don't look like a freak but I feel like I am. I can't really talk properly, although I've only spoken to a few people over the weekend. It's a bit like an allergic reaction, but the only unusual thing I ate on Friday was an apple from Lidl.

Oh, and for some strange reason, my right thumb is numb. I'm a wreck!

Another thing that is getting on my tits is ironing. Surely in this day and age there has to be a better solution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I was in Dunnes this morning getting some bits for the week. I'm going to Electric Picnic next weekend and I noticed Dunnes had some deals on alcohol so I said I'd grab some while I was there. I also have a Dunnes voucher to spend so I was delighted trotting over to the off licence section. I couldn't understand why it was cordoned off at 11:45 when it's supposed to be open at 10:30 (although don't get me started on that shite). I was standing there ranting to my husband "I bet this is because of the pope, they've extended the closing time because he's here for some holy joe bollox". Then my husband googled it and off licences don't open until 12:30 on a Sunday:rolleyes:

Then I stood in dog poo. My husband was showing me something on his phone so I wasn't watching where I was going. Next thing, I looked down and I was after stepping in a yucky messy poo, had to wash my boot off with water. PICK UP YOUR DOG SHIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cleopatra_ wrote: »

Me too. Got my hair coloured yesterday, colour's lovely but feel like it makes my already shorter hair look shorter. Think it's just the blow dry though. Very trivial. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Gwan, tell us, what did they say?

Another thing that is getting on my tits is ironing. Surely in this day and age there has to be a better solution?

If you're in Dublin, these guys are pretty good and pretty reasonable:

https://www.laundr.ie/

Gwan, tell us, what did they say?

Just old wans on our street full of chat about someone going thru a hard time but not actually doing anything to help. :mad:

TA I had a palindrome of a post count a while ago & never noticed it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

As I was leaving the gym last night, a scumbag passed by and said 'are you getting ready to kill the pope?'

TA that months of careful planning have been ruined.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

As I was leaving the gym last night, a scumbag passed by and said 'are you getting ready to kill the pope?'

TA that months of careful planning have been ruined.

"I thought you were going to do that with your breath!"

...aaaand that's how you end up in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Gonna have someone come with me to England to help with bags and such. The OH doesn't know if he'll be able to, what with family commitments, so I was thinking that if he can't I'll just change the name on the ticket. But no, Ryanair charge €115 to do that.

TA'd that it's so fcuking expensive :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Gonna have someone come with me to England to help with bags and such. The OH doesn't know if he'll be able to, what with family commitments, so I was thinking that if he can't I'll just change the name on the ticket. But no, Ryanair charge €115 to do that.

TA'd that it's so fcuking expensive :mad:

Do you have to bring stuff over or take it back? If it's the former, take a look at this, I've used them lots of times and they are brilliant. You'll still have to sort out the extra Ryanair ticket, though.

I ate too much bad food all weekend and now feel like a lardball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New Home wrote: »
    Do you have to bring stuff over or take it back? If it's the former, take a look at this, I've used them lots of times and they are brilliant. You'll still have to sort out the extra Ryanair ticket, though.

Both, but I'm only worrying about getting it over there for now. I didn't know about that, but it looks like it could possibly be an option. Thank you! :)

Cheaper than the suitcases, you don't have to carry them, and you can ship really an awful lot for very little! What's not to like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Haven't seen my dog in like two days and I miss him so much :(
    Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You go out becauss fomo, hate it and dont go out again for a while until you go out because fomo, hate it and dont go out again for a while until.......

Left at 12 and im home watching who wants to be a millionaire and im 1000 times happier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

My Chinese wasn’t nice tonight.
    I try to get one once a fortnight but still, there’s nothing worse than the wasted calories on something mediocre.

TA2: watched Red Sparrow last night and it was absolute rubbish. After about an hour I wanted to switch it off but can’t, once I’m in I must commit to the end of films. Can never be one of those people who walks out of the cinema in the middle of it.

• Advertisement

Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Snowseer

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA I had a palindrome of a post count a while ago & never noticed it happening.

666?

Boo-urns to Monday's.

The tiredness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's a bit cooler than it was last month, so people have gone straight in to winter mode on the bus. Wrapped up in coats and all the windows are closed, so it's like a sauna in here. I have my coat off and am sweating in short sleeves, and can't see where I am because all the windows are steamed up and dripping.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Haven't seen my dog in like two days and I miss him so much :(
    Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

NOOOO!!!!

Mine is going to his sitters tomorrow and he's not back till Sunday!!

I iz bereft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Major TA, I have spent the weekend trying to find info on a recent death, shocked and saddened, as had been told the death had occurred. Have found out the person is still very much alive, Thank God of course, but Jesus Christ :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Those 'Toast' type sliced bread, you know the thick slices, short of burning it's impossible to get toast crunchy the way I like it, always soft in the middle.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Those 'Toast' type sliced bread, you know the thick slices, short of burning it's impossible to get toast crunchy the way I like it, always soft in the middle.

TA at my brain that I am now singing You Can Call Me AL in my head!

WTF is wrong with me ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Oh yea - 'why am I soft in the middle?' Fair connection for this hour of the morning!

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement