Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Oh yea - 'why am I soft in the middle?' Fair connection for this hour of the morning!

That's the only part of my brain working!!!!

"Getting on train and mad connections"!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

TA at my brain that I am now singing You Can Call Me AL in my head!

WTF is wrong with me ????

There are worse songs to get stuck in your head, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Huge unexpected costs just before school is back on. As annoying as having them at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

normally, I make my own breakie and bring it in.

Had a bit of a melter this morning, so decided to treat myself to a coffee and scone from the Costa/Applegreen.

Sorted the coffee out, went over the deli area of AG.. none of the brown scones I like. Every other type... just not those.

Felt like Michael Douglas in Falling down :(

(I know it is about as trivial as you can get - but that is in the title of the thread)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not finding your favourite type of scone any other time of the week might be trivial, but first think on a Monday morning? Tragic!!! Second only to running out of coffee/tea before your first cuppa!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My car alarm started malfunctioning and going off randomly at 07:30 outside the house. Couldn't stop it. Driving down the road it kept going off - MORTO :o

Not on a diet per se but cutting our crap, allowing myself a choccy bar at weekends.

Monday morning and I just realised I forgot to have it grrrrr!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Whoever is in charge of the air on here must be an Eskimo. Bbrrrrr.

Not on a diet per se but cutting our crap, allowing myself a choccy bar at weekends.

Monday morning and I just realised I forgot to have it grrrrr!!!!!!!

Have it today!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

northgirl wrote: »
    Have it today!!!

And it's a Monday, what better day to have some chocolate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Turning up for a 9am appointment, and not being seen until 11.30.

Three.ie

Three.ie

End thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

TA'd that after 3 months of thinking I was doing ok, Oh boy, how wrong was I. A resurgence of  a mental health issue is leaving me between a mixture of feeling low and then severely irritable. Damn it anyway....

TA'd that after 3 months of thinking I was doing ok, Oh boy, how wrong was I. A resurgence of  a mental health issue is leaving me between a mixture of feeling low and then severely irritable. Damn it anyway....

Danny_B wrote: »

Sorry to hear that... :(

Sorry to hear that... :(
    Thanks Northgirl. I'm just more annoyed at myself because I let this happen again.

Thanks Northgirl. I'm just more annoyed at myself because I let this happen again.

Easier said than done but try not to do that. As someone once said to me you're essentially just giving yourself a hiding every day.

Easier said than done but try not to do that.  As someone once said to me you're essentially just giving yourself a hiding every day.
    I hear ya on that one. It's why I am going back to seek professional help.

There was a spider on me. I screamed like a little girl and now I may be scarred for life :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Buying something from amazon and then getting emails for weeks about similar items. I've just bought a wireless keyboard. How many wireless keyboards do they think i need? is it something that people buy regularly?

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    There was a spider on me. I screamed like a little girl and now I may be scarred for life :o

Not trivial at all, they are Satan's minions and must be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Absolutely convinced the minions were back to school on Tuesday. Just saw on school website it's Wednesday!!!

Oooh crowded buses and trains :(

I'm not trying to be preachy by any stretch. Am going myself this week too.

Not trivial at all, they are Satan's minions and must be destroyed.

I'm not even usually afraid of spiders, I'm grand once they stay away from me. But that little fcuker didn't :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am nearly two months into my new job and still can’t remember the names of the people sitting beside me. I am going to get caught out soon.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Oooh crowded buses and trains :(

Can I go off to the TH thread and say "yay no more family outings making my train down the country each evening a mad mental mess ?!"

Each to their own lol!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I am nearly two months into my new job and still can’t remember the names of the people sitting beside me. I am going to get caught out soon.
    You are not alone!
    And many people who took the summer off are coming back so a whole new slew of names to forget! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Aglomerado wrote: »
    You are not alone!
    And many people who took the summer off are coming back so a whole new slew of names to forget! :o

Lads I don't know the names of some of the people who've been in my year for 5 years so you're not too bad.

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I'm not even usually afraid of spiders, I'm grand once they stay away from me. But that little fcuker didn't :eek:

I bought a Dyson just so I can get the ones overhead.

I feel like Ripley going after one. Rather sad that!!!! :D

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Lads I don't know the names of some of the people who've been in my year for 5 years so you're not too bad.

11 years nearly and there are so many people who know me and I have no idea of their names!!!

They all seem friendly - I'm terrible!!!!!!

11 years nearly and there are so many people who know me and I have no idea of their names!!!

We're at the stage where it's just too embarrassing to ask them their names.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    We're at the stage where it's just too embarrassing to ask them their names.

Yep!!!!!

Yep!!!!!

Ah at least I've only one more year of them.

I'm not trying to be preachy by any stretch.  Am going myself this week too.
    I'm going next Monday to the guy I was at before.
    Best of luck to you and I wish you well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

This is why I'm in favour of the wearing of ID badges in work...you can have a sneaky gawp at them to see the name when talking to someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Mama Shark do do do do do do. Daddy Shark do do do do do do. Baby Shark do do do do do do. Mama Shark! Mama Shark do do do do do do. Daddy Shark do do do do do do.....

Sorry I'm so sorry! I had to do it!! :D:o:rolleyes::pac:

I bought a Dyson just so I can get the ones overhead.

I feel like Ripley going after one. Rather sad that!!!! :D

I like the comparison! Re-watched those recently. Great stuff!

Crutches.

I need them today after physio and I hate using them. They hurt my hands and they are so clunky and awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Spider-killing evil folk!

Flies, now. They're the fcukers you want to be going after. Dirty bastards.

• Advertisement

Postponed meetings. Infuriating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Spider-killing evil folk!

Flies, now. They're the fcukers you want to be going after. Dirty bastards.

But spiders are obvious demon spawn. The whole fly-killing thing is a shield to get people to like them. Nothing causes me to freak out more than a spider flailing its legs. It sets off a primitive “I’m going to die” alarm in me and I WILL lash out at anyone who teases me while this is going on. Though, I do ask that they not be killed if possible. Just put outside far away from me. Where, admittedly from September until summer means they might freeze to death. Oh, spider season, how I hate thee. :( Phobias are real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cancer. Cancer and all its scumbag cousins are a TA.

A lad I know was diagnosed with luekemia in April, but it unfortunately spread to his brain and he only has two weeks to live. 36 with three children under the age of five. I just can't comprehend the sadness of it.

He recorded an interview for local radio that was aired this morning and I happened upon it without prior knowledge it was going out. I was in bits, as were a few other grown men in cars beside me in the carpark. And then you see perennial wasters floating around town on your way home and it makes you question God's ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

3 under 5. Just reading about it makes my chest shrink. Poor kids. Cancer is some cùnt.

A lad I know was diagnosed with luekemia in April, but it unfortunately spread to his brain and he only has two weeks to live. 36 with three children under the age of five. I just can't comprehend the sadness of it.

He recorded an interview for local radio that was aired this morning and I happened upon it without prior knowledge it was going out. I was in bits, as were a few other grown men in cars beside me in the carpark. And then you see perennial wasters floating around town on your way home and it makes you question God's ways.

There's a little girl who lives in the same town as me who has leukaemia too at the moment, I think she's only around 7 and has had cancer twice so far in her life. She's been in the local media recently as her cancer is back, it's so very sad, she's such a dote.

Makes you wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’m so sorry. Any chance of a link to the radio interview via PM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Why can't all applegreens in the country have the same Diesel rate?! Why's the one down in Kilkenny 4 cent cheaper a liter than the one in Gorey?

It's so very cold today, I'm not enjoying it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Waiting on the cooker/stove to light up , hurry on , I want to bake !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that we have to wait for these goodies too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement