Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA that we have to wait for these goodies too.

Open latticed jam tarts tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Must remember not to eat them straight from the oven. Getting burned by hot jam is a major TA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Waiting on the cooker/stove to light up , hurry on , I want to bake !

Yes hurry on cooker :mad: so mam can bake goodies for u.....I mean for herself of course :3 :pac:

I'm TA that I often forget which thread I'm posting in , sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My Chinese wasn’t nice tonight.
    I try to get one once a fortnight but still, there’s nothing worse than the wasted calories on something mediocre.

Were you waiting longer than usual for delivery? When that happens, it's never nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Major TA, I have spent the weekend trying to find info on a recent death, shocked and saddened, as had been told the death had occurred. Have found out the person is still very much alive, Thank God of course, but Jesus Christ :(:(

Did you go back to the person who got this wrong and berate them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm TA that I often forget which thread I'm posting in , sorry :o

Happens to me frequently, Mam :)

TA, still reeling from thinking someone was dead but they aren't. And it was the OH I felt really bad for as it is his friend and he is away and likely felt terrible :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Did you go back to the person who got this wrong and berate them?

No, I don't know them personally but no doubt about it the OH will. I am sure it wasn't intentional but got an awful shock all the same :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I am nearly two months into my new job and still can’t remember the names of the people sitting beside me. I am going to get caught out soon.

I make maps when I start a new job that I gradually fill in with everyone's names. It has saved my blushes so many times!!!

TA that I ate all the crap today and feel like a heifer. Also why is payday not until Wednesday? FFS I'm broke now dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I feel like an actual ball of shit all day today. I'm finished work on Wednesday for a week and cannot wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that Ireland doesn't have an equivalent of the PDSA, even though I don't have a dog anymore (although if we did have something like that, my dog probably wouldn't have died). It happened 2 years ago now, but just watching The People's Vet makes me wonder why we can't have something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

TA I still haven't managed to get my implanon removed. I've decided to go without contraception for a while as I need some time off hormones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Crying .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Crying .

You ok my friend? Big hugs for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Crying .

:(

• Advertisement

Crying .

Hope you're okay Seph *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Crying .

Ah sh!te. Stay strong brother

giphy.gif

Crying .

We're all here for you , if you ever need to chat in private Seph , hope you're ok ,*hugs* .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Crying .

:( hope you're okay Seph x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Seph sending you hugs xxxxxx

• Advertisement

My legs get so itchy and irritated in the days after I shave them, no matter what I do! Can't wait until the time comes when I can invest in laser hair removal

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    You ok my friend? Big hugs for you.
    :(
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Hope you're okay Seph *hugs*
    Ah sh!te. Stay strong brother

giphy.gif
    We're all here for you , if you ever need to chat in private Seph , hope you're ok ,*hugs* .
    Autosport wrote: »
    KatW4 wrote: »
    :( hope you're okay Seph x

Thanks so much :o more hassle last night and once I started I couldn't stop :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

How are you feeling now Ted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Autosport wrote: »

Likewise Seph. Here anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

(Hugs) Seph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

erica74 wrote:
    How are you feeling now Ted?

TA'd that I have been mixed up with a Barry's drinker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA'd that I have been mixed up with a Barry's drinker.

A red and a Lyons fan - Ted mate, it's not your time is it ???

:D:D:D:D:D

#TeamBarrys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Children playing music out loud on public transport I can just about understand- adults however...

Office 365 showing me as unavailable when I'm online :mad:

Try_harder wrote: »
    Children playing music out loud on public transport I can just about understand- adults however...

I'm not sure what a Kendick Le Mar is but the three lads in their 20s playing it loud and screeching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We're always here for you :) (hugs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Two governmental departments who cOcked up when very simple information was passed from one to the other . Now of course its my responsibility to run from one to the other trying to sort it out . Not theirs who made the mess , oh no no one apparently is responsible at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People ruining the ranty thread by being nice!

Also, one particular manager who NEVER starts meetings on time. I have a recurring fortnightly meeting with him that I think has started on-time a grand total of once, since January.

Also, people who send meeting requests for times when I already have a meeting scheduled. Use the scheduling assistant, FFS!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People ruining the ranty thread by being nice!

Also, one particular manager who NEVER starts meetings on time. I have a recurring fortnightly meeting with him that I think has started on-time a grand total of once, since January.

Also, people who send meeting requests for times when I already have a meeting scheduled. Use the scheduling assistant, FFS!

+1

Plus people who don't keep theirs up to date - they must pay.

+1

Plus people who don't keep theirs up to date - they must pay.

+1 management scheduling meetings and then re-scheduling as a means of intimidation. yes sir, no problem sir - :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The genius walking on the road towards me with his bike last night.
    No lights or reflective gear. Footpaths either side of the road.
    Good thing I wasn't driving fast.

Your Face wrote: »
    The genius walking on the road towards me with his bike last night.
    No lights or reflective gear. Footpaths either side of the road.
    Good thing I wasn't driving fast.

Worried as I am that we'll attract the made up stats/cyclist defender crows, a la Candyman etc - BUT what the f**k possessed the eejit yesterday to shoot a red at Abbey Street and weave in and out of the LUAS heading to Busaras ???

Red light spells danger - not just a Billy Ocean song cyclists k ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that I now have When the going gets tough stuck in my head now.

TA'd that I now have When the going gets tough stuck in my head now.

Thanks..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    Thanks..... :rolleyes:

Was Paul Simon yesterday, we're going downhill!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I'm going back home for a week on Thursday and I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately my lungs are having other ideas and I'm very wheezy and tight chested, inhalers and medication offering no relief. TA'd that I know I should go to the hospital but I'm putting it off until I get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Swamp ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Were you waiting longer than usual for delivery? When that happens, it's never nice.

No actually, it got to my house in about 15 minutes, even though the place I always order from is about 4 miles away. It wasn’t even all that hot. It’s as if they put some random dish in the microwave and sent it off to us.
    I want to say that’ll teach me to cook on Sundays instead, but it won’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My upper lip is trivially annoying. On Friday in work, it felt a bit dodgy/tingly. Then it started to swell, internally. I don't look like a freak but I feel like I am. I can't really talk properly, although I've only spoken to a few people over the weekend. It's a bit like an allergic reaction, but the only unusual thing I ate on Friday was an apple from Lidl.

Oh, and for some strange reason, my right thumb is numb. I'm a wreck!
    This is getting worse, even though I started on a course of antibiotics yesterday evening (and a gel for my lip). Yesterday, a white dot of infection appeared on my numb thumb, right in the part of the thumb that I apparently use most (I didn't think that existed!). If I write anything, it's the part of the thumb that the pen lies on. If I'm buttoning my jeans, it's the part that touches the button. If I want to use my keys, it's the part that undoes my key-ring from the belt loop on my jeans. And my head feels all fuzzy today.

And I look like a freak with a big, bulgy upper lip, and barely able to talk. I shouldn't have come to work today, especially since the doctor said it was all probably brought on from being run down...

Psychology graduates. Know everything.

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    Psychology graduates. Know everything.

I used to work in Admin in Psychology in a Uni.

I concur! insufferable middens to a man!

I used to work in Admin in Psychology in a Uni.

I concur! insufferable middens to a man!

Yep, not exactly the same but Admin with some contact with person in question. Insufferable precisely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

People saying “It’s called...” like “It’s called having a conscience” or “It’s called having a sense of humour”. There’s something so overdramatic and self-righteous about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Flat pack furniture.

I work hard all week and then spend my Sunday morning putting together a f*****g cabinet I did not want or need.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I pretend it's a giant Kinder Egg Surprise. :D Except there's no chocolate. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement