Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Found an old forgotten clock, Citizen so a well known brand. Put in battery - the clock starts, grand. Moved the alarm hand to see if it works, expecting a beep beep or similar sound when a really loud bell goes off inside. Frightened the s*** out of me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JOBSOXO

LirW wrote: »
    Why can't all applegreens in the country have the same Diesel rate?! Why's the one down in Kilkenny 4 cent cheaper a liter than the one in Gorey?
    Gorey is further away, so takes more Diesel to deliver it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I'm expected to do the work of 4 people but only get paid about half the salary I deserve for the work of one person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Looking up flights to go to Leeds so I can settle a date once and for all. The early morning flight would possibly be a struggle for me to get to on time, but it's only €20. The 4pm flight on the same day is over €110! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Fecking jobs! Applied for a job, didnt expect to succeed, didnt know if I even wanted it- successful except now it depends on my sick leave, but I have been ill! So now its referred to a work doc!

Now I worried about getting a job I wasnt even sure I wanted- and may still not want, but still I worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People. Sometimes I despair the species. It's a real stop the world and let me off day/ bury my head in the sand/ stay in bed for a solid 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People. Sometimes I despair the species. It's a real stop the world and let me off day/ bury my head in the sand/ stay in bed for a solid 24 hours.

It must be contagious, no mood for anything all day today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

The fact that some mothers think its a clever idea to bring little jimmy into the library to scream his moany little bollocks off.

I woke up early this morning up with a horn on me that I could have cut diamonds with.

It would have been a shame to let it go to waste so I cracked one off but feel back asleep.

I was an hour late for work.

motherf*cker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Do you remember the British lady who went to Spain and complained about too many Spanish people in the hotel and area? Ah it was only two weeks ago. In the tabloids (my guilty pleasure lunchtime reading :o ). She also got compo from Thomas Cook so maybe she is smart after all

My teammate came back from holidays in Spain and said the exact same thing! He is from Belgium and remarked the barman has no French. Why would he :confused:

It gets worse. Also complained about Spanish signs for everything. Hey I didn't moan when I went to Germany, I struggled on

I thought people like this only existed in tabloids! Ye think I'm making this up, I wish I was

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I woke up early this morning up with a horn on me that I could have cut diamonds with.

It would have been a shame to let it go to waste so I cracked one off but feel back asleep.

I was an hour late for work.

motherf*cker

How have you bot been asked to write for Hallmark ??

Soul of z poet mate!

My dog has gone to his sitters and I miss him!!!!!!

How have you bot been asked to write for Hallmark ??

Soul of z poet mate!

Roses are red
    Boners are blue
    Lovey Dovey
    Kissy Poo

My dog has gone to his sitters and I miss him!!!!!!

I added an extra letter in there.

I hate when that happens.

The council are resurfacing the road outside. The noise of the steamroller & stink of the melted tar is in the air.

Plus I have an earworm of "Two Little Boys" stuck in my head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    The council are resurfacing the road outside. The noise of the steamroller & stink of the melted tar is in the air.

Plus I have an earworm of "Two Little Boys" stuck in my head.

*Sings "Three little maids from school"*

You're welcome, Ted. :cool:

New Home wrote: »
    *Sings "Three little maids from school"*

You're welcome, Ted. :cool:

Why you li'l ...................

:mad:

Dunno which one is worse.

Shall we go up a number & go "Four Roads to Glenamaddy"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's a long way to Tipperary, Ted. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Do you remember the British lady who went to Spain and complained about too many Spanish people in the hotel and area? Ah it was only two weeks ago. In the tabloids (my guilty pleasure lunchtime reading :o ). She also got compo from Thomas Cook so maybe she is smart after all

My teammate came back from holidays in Spain and said the exact same thing! He is from Belgium and remarked the barman has no French. Why would he :confused:

It gets worse. Also complained about Spanish signs for everything. Hey I didn't moan when I went to Germany, I struggled on

I thought people like this only existed in tabloids! Ye think I'm making this up, I wish I was

My one time flatmate complained all summer, how disrespectful it was all tourists who came here were not having learned English/Irish for their visit.

She worked in a bar/restaurant in Temple Bar and had LC level languages.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I make a mistake in a text or posting on here and I think I am deleting it but am really typing a long string of the letter l.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Shall we go up a number & go "Four Roads to Glenamaddy"

ah for fecks sake.........leading to a town in County Galway...in my head now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The man child has a head cold. Sniff, sniff... Such dramatics and sound effects!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Brought a parcel to be posted, as we have a lot of post that needs to be tracked, we had those pre-printed proof of postage forms.

I hate them as they have to be filled in by hand, anyway today, they took the form and queried every dam detail on it, I must not have had the right answers for them as they then, REWRITE WHAT I PUT ON THE FORM.

TATA, I never said I had legible handwriting, my mother and one of my bosses used to do this as well. Drives me mental.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

ah for fecks sake.........leading to a town in County Galway...in my head now

My work here is done.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The man child has a head cold. Sniff, sniff... Such dramatics and sound effects!!

MANFLU ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samsgirl wrote: »

Well I don't think I have a cold but I can't warm myself today, wasn't a great day weather wise but wasn't cold, but I'm freezing all day, very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Jazz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have been cold to the bone for days. Headaches.
    It’s either a cold on the way or holiday withdrawal symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Well I don't think I have a cold but I can't warm myself today, wasn't a great day weather wise but wasn't cold, but I'm freezing all day, very odd.

Hot shower. Does wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

northgirl wrote: »
    Hot shower. Does wonders.

Yup. Hot shower.
    Hot toddy.
    Hot water bottle.
    The perfect hot trifecta.

I have a training day at work tomorrow. That's fine, but my TA is that I've never been to in-house training before, so I don't know if I need to clock in or not, and I'm too afraid to ask anyone in case it's a stupid question :o

• Advertisement

It's not a stupid question! I'd say do log in, it's training but it's work, and you're not off site. At least, that's how we did it in my old place.

New Home wrote: »
    It's not a stupid question! I'd say do log in, it's training but it's work, and you're not off site. At least, that's how we did it in my old place.

I was thinking that, I'll probably ask someone in the morning just to be sure, would certainly be handy to get paid for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

JOBSOXO wrote: »
    Gorey is further away, so takes more Diesel to deliver it ?

I'd say there's less competion around the one in Gorey so they can charge more. Supply and demand.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I was thinking that, I'll probably ask someone in the morning just to be sure, would certainly be handy to get paid for it

Why shouldn't you?! It's not as if you worked, let's say, as an accountant, and you went to a tap dance class! :)

I don't know about Gorey specifically, but I've noticed that all the garages in a certain area seem to have very similar prices. You'd almost be forgiven to think there's a cartel, or something. :rolleyes:

I have a big important meeting this morning with the Boss and I took a sleeping tablet by accident when I got up... :o

I have a big important meeting this morning with the Boss and I took a sleeping tablet by accident when I got up... :o

Well I took your suggestion of a hot shower last night and it worked thanks, so perhaps a cold shower for you :D

Well I took your suggestion of a hot shower last night and it worked thanks, so perhaps a cold shower for you :D

Had a hot shower as it was far too cold this morning! At least it's on within the hour.. "supposedly" so if I can last that long :D

I'm off at 11.15am to go the UK and the Boss has yet to approve the annual leave online - but knows I'm going!

I'm smelling a trap!

Well, it's not progressing well, I just fell off my chair :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Recruiters' CV guides. Across the recruitment business I've learned that in terms of CV guides and 'tips' effectively, the terms 'Do's' and 'Don'ts' can be used interchangeably.

Ah well, here we go again for another bottom-up rework.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

mikemac2 wrote: »

They exist. My aunt did it when we were in Spain in the spring. I stared at her in horror.

TA for me today is the really gorgeous Bank Building is a husk this morning. I never went into it if I could help it as I hate primark but there was no denying it was a gorgeous building and right in the heart of Belfast City. I was genuinely upset watching it burn yesterday. It's such a massive loss for the city. Hopefully it'll hold up and there'll be attempts made to save the façade.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    They exist. My aunt did it when we were in Spain in the spring. I stared at her in horror.

TA for me today is the really gorgeous Bank Building is a husk this morning. I never went into it if I could help it as I hate primark but there was no denying it was a gorgeous building and right in the heart of Belfast City. I was genuinely upset watching it burn yesterday. It's such a massive loss for the city. Hopefully it'll hold up and there'll be attempts made to save the façade.

It's always aunties isn't it ?

Mine went to Spain once and said it was great as "we never saw a foreigner once and ate only proper food".

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Walked into the wrong class on the first day back. Pulled it off but I'm dying of embarrassment inside :o:o:o

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Walked into the wrong class on the first day back. Pulled it off but I'm dying of embarrassment inside :o:o:o

I think I see where you went wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that i dont know what a flip is and nobody on the TH thread will give an actual answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The ending of Sharp Objects. I can't ever get that time back :mad:

TA'd that i dont know what a flip is and nobody on the TH thread will give an actual answer.

Cleopatra just answered. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Flip Flops

Flip is the left foot
    Flop is the right foot

They bought a pair of Flips (both left feet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Autosport wrote: »
    Flip Flops

Flip is the left foot
    Flop is the right foot

They bought a pair of Flips (both left feet)

Dont you start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement