Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I really need to get out of bed instead of just lying here thinking about it all :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I really need to get out of bed instead of just lying here thinking about it all :o

Nah, nothing good ever came from getting up!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I'm in the middle of watching about 3 series and because I'm so addled cause life is so addling at the moment I can't settle on finishing anything out. Now I've just noticed there's another series to start. 1st world problems. Waah :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Appreciate every day of it. My little dog died this morning, had her for 16 years :(

Real sorry to hear that *hugs*

northgirl wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of watching about 3 series and because I'm so addled cause life is so addling at the moment I can't settle on finishing anything out. Now I've just noticed there's another series to start. 1st world problems. Waah :D

I just paid 30 euro for the 11th series of Bones because I was watching reruns and they stopped at S9!

Paid 24 euro for S10 last week too.

Yet my Sky Plus is 96% full.

I'm an idiot!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

So sorry to hear about your dog BBT. At least you had sixteen good years together. I'm thinking of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you lend someone a book you absolutely love and they don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Appreciate every day of it. My little dog died this morning, had her for 16 years :(

I'm so sorry to hear that :( it's so sad when your pet dies :(

Dial Hard wrote: »
    When you lend someone a book you absolutely love and they don't get it.

The day a now former friend said "I don't get Jaws, it's just about a fish".

Seen in 120 times and can quote huge swathes of dialogue - usually drunk and when no one has asked!

Here's to swimming with bow legged women!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seen in 120 times and can quote huge swathes of dialogue - usually drunk and when no one has asked!

Quints story about the USS Indianapolis is the best part of that film.

It's beautiful and poignant, love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I'd like to add to this that I had already been greeted by a kitchen floor covered in diarrhoea upon entering the kitchen this morning and had cleaned it up and headed off on my not so merry way only to be told when I arrived home this evening that the second wave had hit after I left. Dogs eh!....those beautiful dirty smelly bastards :D

I'm sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, i'm tearing up while writing this. But after 16 years of non stop love..she is free to frolic in the great big green field in the sky. Well that's what I would like to believe anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm really really sorry for your loss!

My TA: My windows are crap and drafty, the bathroom window is still the original from 35 years ago when the house was built, rotting wood and all and I gotta save for a while longer to replace them... never buy a house from an incompetent DIY enthusiast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

That speech is better than the entire film about this story that came out recently, it’s awful

TA’d that Nicolas Cage still gets work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mikemac2 wrote: »
    That speech is better than the entire film about this story that came out recently, it’s awful

TA’d that Nicolas Cage still gets work

I have never seen it but by all accounts it is terrible. to steal a line from Michael Caine on his part in Jaws the revenge.

• Advertisement

In fairness, the book is extremely dull. Quite the achievement on Benchley's part; you have to be a spectacularly poor writer to make a book about a semi-sentient man-eating shark boring, but he managed it.

The film, however - I can't understand how anyone could dismiss that as anything other than a superlative example of movie-making.

I have never seen it but by all accounts it is terrible. to steal a line from Michael Caine on his part in Jaws the revenge.

I love how Michael Caine reacts to bad reviews "Yes that film was crap but I call it "the beach house" or "the yacht".

Legend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Appreciate every day of it. My little dog died this morning, had her for 16 years

Ah sorry to hear about your wee dog bbt. I'm sure you made her very happy for those 16 years. The sadness, absence and upset will lift in time. I lost my best friend ever of a dog of 16 years around 6 years ago and time definitely is a healer.

Ah sorry to hear about your wee dog bbt. I'm sure you made her very happy for those 16 years. The sadness, absence and upset will lift in time. I lost my best friend ever of a dog of 16 years around 6 years ago and time definitely is a healer.

Quite true, when I was 23 I had to have my dog put to sleep but refused, I sat up night after night with him for a month until he passed away quietly in his sleep. I had him since I was 8.

I never thought I'd get over it but I rescued another dog a few months later.

Rescuing a dog is the best way to heal, you have companionship and you know you are saving his life. My baby was abandoned at 6 weeks old because his
    pedigree showdog mother had a liaison with a scruff.

Couldn't imagine life without him but I know as he's 11 next birthday that time is limited. I just give him the best life ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a nagging ache in my head from the dental work I had done this am, my crown is a bit achy as its brand new, neither bad enough for a painkiller, but I don't expect there is a painkiller specific to a sensitivity to drill noise and motion.

Even if there was, I'm too broke after the dentists to buy it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Colleagues whispering outside the door.. Go and have your conversation somewhere else..

Not in the form for work today. This is a TA because it'll make it so much harder to go in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bought a packet of rashers and went there to cook some and the pack had been opened in the shop meaning they were covered in mould. So much for a rasher sandwich.

Waiting for a Book Depository order to arrive. Yeah, sure, I only ordered them today, but still, WHY AREN'T THEY HERE YET???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It would be hard for them to come between the time you double posted.

The manager at work asked me the other day could I work Sunday week. Told him I can't, I can do any other day bar that and Saturday. Just saw the roster for next week. The only day he has me on is Sunday. Ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Got a few bits for a little electronic project I'm trying to do (purely for amusement), even though I read the size, they look tiny in my hand. A challenge to solder for my ageing eyes.

(on a TH note they came from China in less than 2 weeks was expecting 2 months)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My head is thumping. A child in my class shouts all day long and calls me a 'fat b******' and tells me to f**k off. I need a nap.

Janey Kat that's not nice - hope it improves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Spent about an hour and a half loading a pile of firewood into the coal bunker yesterday afternoon.

Back is killing me all day today then, anytime I have to pick something up, I ask myself beforehand is it worth it?... Before bending down and making that "old man straining noise" you heard your Grandad do.

And what's worse is, I have two more loads of wood coming, one next week and another the week after :(

• Advertisement

So at work when we're serving food, the plates are hot, so naturally, we have to use cloths so we don't burn our hands. Today, they had the wise idea of giving us our own cloths, and it's our responsibility to keep them, wash them, and apparently we're "not fully dressed without them." I'm not sure why, but this annoys me no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    So at work when we're serving food, the plates are hot, so naturally, we have to use cloths so we don't burn our hands. Today, they had the wise idea of giving us our own cloths, and it's our responsibility to keep them, wash them, and apparently we're "not fully dressed without them." I'm not sure why, but this annoys me no end.

This is my cloth. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My cloth is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    Without me, my cloth is useless. Without my cloth, I am useless.
    My cloth is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength. I will keep my cloth clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other
    Before God, I swear this creed. My cloth and myself are the defenders of my hands. We are the masters of our plates. We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Janey Kat that's not nice - hope it improves

Thank you, so do I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

This is my cloth. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My cloth is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my cloth is useless. Without my cloth, I am useless. My cloth is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength. I will keep my cloth clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other Before God, I swear this creed. My cloth and myself are the defenders of my hands. We are the masters of our plates. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, Amen.

Excellent work Private Pile of plates. Very funny :D

This is my cloth. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My cloth is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    Without me, my cloth is useless. Without my cloth, I am useless.
    My cloth is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength. I will keep my cloth clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other
    Before God, I swear this creed. My cloth and myself are the defenders of my hands. We are the masters of our plates. We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, Amen.

That's basically it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Pony tails elastics on the pavement.

I've been all this week noticing the number of pony tail elastics on the pavement. Walk down any street and there is one every few steps. I find something gross about them. For some reason they remind me of condoms - they are similar diameter. I find myself wondering what the hell is going on with them. Do they fall off or do ppl just dump them on the street? Weird.

zcorpian88 wrote:
    Back is killing me all day today then, anytime I have to pick something up, I ask myself beforehand is it worth it?... Before bending down and making that "old man straining noise" you heard your Grandad do.

You also start to think "is there anything else I can do when I'm down here".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

KatW4 wrote: »
    My head is thumping. A child in my class shouts all day long and calls me a 'fat b******' and tells me to f**k off. I need a nap.

Wow! Treat yourself to another choc donut, K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

AllForIt wrote: »
    Pony tails elastics on the pavement..

I often fall asleep with one on my wrist. It's a weird horrible feeling and leaves a mark. It's not really sore but trivially annoying :)

I wore boots out yesterday that I wouldn't normally wear if I was on a long enough walk and they've cut the back of my heel! It's killing me and it's stingy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

American wanna-be's that calls shops "stores".

For these wanna-be's:
    What do you do in a shop? You shop!
    What do you do in a store? You ...?

The wedding we have today at work is of a girl I used to work with in my last job. I have a feeling my old boss will be there. Uh oh :eek:

The streaming service I use to watch football always loads with the sound of the match muted.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    The streaming service I use to watch football always loads with the sound of the match muted.

I'm gone to the stage where that would be a bonus!

90% of commentators and so called pundits TA me, I often have the sound nearly off, just enough to hear the effects.

I'm gone to the stage where that would be a bonus!

90% of commentators and so called pundits TA me, I often have the sound nearly off, just enough to hear the effects.

Yep, I just use it as background noise, don't really listen to what they are saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Breaking the same nail over and over again, just as it's growing back to normal. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So so so horribly hungover. :(

Have that kind of antsy hangover where I can't decide what to do to make myself feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wasps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Pain. I am in all of the pains right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I appear to have a spot on my bum.
    That rules out wearing the Chaps to the pub tonight then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Started a new job yesterday (yay). One of the guys seems to think it's really funny to make leprechaun and whiskey jokes. Yes, I must be an alcoholic because of where I'm from :rolleyes: I just play nice in the office seeing as I'm the newbie, but I know it's going to get really old really quickly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement