Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Manual flippin' handling training. For two and a half hours. On a Friday afternoon. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Manual flippin' handling training. For two and a half hours. On a Friday afternoon. :mad::mad::mad:

Bend ze knees!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bands with stupid names are getting on my tatas. for instance;
    We draw slow
    And so I watch you from afar
    We cut corners
    I'm not saying the bands are bad, I've never heard them but stupid, hipstery band names like that really get my goat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Wealthy middle class virtue signallers full of their own egos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Boy dog trying to "bury" his rawhide bone away from his grabby sister, on the floor, twice.
    The confused look on his face when he see's she stolen it again.

Sad really, he's normally smart as a whip.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Dial Hard wrote:
    Manual flippin' handling training. For two and a half hours. On a Friday afternoon.

Broad stable base!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Mutant z wrote: »
    Wealthy middle class virtue signallers full of their own egos.

I have absolutely no idea what this means which is a minor TA really cos I don't give a ...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have absolutely no idea what this means which is a minor TA really cos I don't give a ...

Glad I am not the only one! I thought wealthy meant you were not middle class...but suppose it is relative to your own wealth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

erica74 wrote: »
    Tesco Ardkeen is the home of dreadful parking. There's a "taxi and set down area" which has never been used for its purpose. The area is wide enough for cars to pull in lengthways (if that makes sense) but instead the lazy people of society treat it like actual parking spaces and pull in nose to the footpath so about 1/3 of their car is hanging onto the actual lanes you drive in.
    A few weeks ago, there was a fella parked there and 2/3 of his car was hanging out, causing a blockage and I just happened to be passing as he returned to his car. I said to him "nice parking" and his response was "have you nothing better to do". I was literally walking by returning to my own car:pac:
    Oh, also, the Tesco carpark is massive and is only every 2/3 full.

I swear people would drive into Tesco Ardkeen if they could. On a rainy day especially , the amount of people that park on the hatch markings at the end of the rows nearest the shop. I'd be mortified to leave my car there.

My TA today , my lovely fresh pan of Brennans mangled by a bottle of wine in the shopping bag. Scarleh for my shoddy packing :(

Just ate a ring doughnut and me hands, face, jumper and couch are covered with caster sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I WANT TO GO HOME NOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Glad I am not the only one! I thought wealthy meant you were not middle class...but suppose it is relative to your own wealth.

No. Middle-class people are, at best, affluent. Wealthy people drive 1987 Mercedes 300D estates that smell strongly of wolfhound, shoot their own dinner and think virtue signalling is something to do with Songs Of Praise coming on the television on Sunday mornings.

Well it was the virtue signalling got me and I'm not looking it up

Popped into seaside HQ to print out a brief for the weekend, first the email took ages to load, then it demanded I save it as a PDF, then that I save it on the desk top, when it finally gets to the printer(having to be scanned twice) I get a low ink message.

Its less than 7 LINES long. I wish I had legible handwriting and could avoid this c&$p!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well it was the virtue signalling got me and I'm not looking it up
    I looked it up and I'm none the wiser TBH.

Ah lads if ye're going to send me phishing emails make a bit of effort -

Seemingly I'm due a tax rebate of 265.48 GBP from Revenue, just fill in a few details. Signed Irish Revenue Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Have to book annoying NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Parents running down other kids because they don’t like the child’s parent
    No need for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

No need for it

Mean spiritedness in one of it's worst forms :(

People standing so close to me in a queue that when I turn to leave I slap into them. Move ya big eejit !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

And so I watch you from afar

I agree not a great name but a decent bad all the same if you can get past the name :pac:

Ta'd because I can't get jCreator to work :s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I agree not a great name but a decent bad all the same if you can get past the name :pac:

They're not bad at all, quite proggy. I have a new ta; guitarists who ruin their instruments with stickers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

No need for it

am I reading this wrong cos if you're hitting them with a car its not a minor tat quite the reverse

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bredabe wrote: »
    Popped into seaside HQ to print out a brief for the weekend, first the email took ages to load, then it demanded I save it as a PDF, then that I save it on the desk top, when it finally gets to the printer(having to be scanned twice) I get a low ink message.

Its less than 7 LINES long. I wish I had legible handwriting and could avoid this c&$p!

I usually take a photograph of notices/ads/memos I need to keep, saves me from copying them out (and then promptly mislaying the bit of paper on which I've written them).

Have you tried to turn it off and on again, Seph? :pac:

MY TA: Some idiot was tailgating me earlier and was driving very aggressively in a busy 50kph zone; I had to brake for a pedestrian who was crossing at a pedestrian crossing, said idiot had to slam on the brakes (cue screeching tyres sound effects) and had the cheek to honk at me!! :mad: As soon as he got a chance, he overtook me and turned, just as traffic was approaching on the other side. I hope he had a bad case of the runs, and if he didn't I hope he gets them. And a tax audit. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Irritating contact lenses are the devil's work :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »

Have you tried to turn it off and on again, Seph? :pac:

Oh homeo.....

th?id=OIP.JYLeOLy3V9JMtRy2eMaTiwHaFu&pid=15.1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Moderators deciding on an entirely arbitrary basis what constitutes an old thread bump and then locking said thread which could still be perfectly useful and worth adding to. Just cos it was dormant that doesn't it's dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

At people who send you an email at night then call you 5 minutes later to confirm that you have read it, and then they expect you to sleep again in order to wake up in 5 hours as per the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Bend ze knees!
    mcgiggles wrote: »
    Broad stable base!!

I done one of these late last year, we do them every 2 years, and one of the lifting segments had changed from the previous time, I asked when it had changed, he said 6 months ago, this is a better way (common sense way) I then asked a humdinger of a question,
    If the guys who wont be shown how to lift this way for another year or so hurt their back lifting it the old way what happens?
    I got a better reply.....Nothing.. it's the way they were shown,
    But there's a new way, should everyone not be shown the new way as a matter of H&S?
    So there's a right way and a wrong way, but unless you're shown the right way, the wrong way is the right way till you're shown.:confused:
    (above my pay grade;))

My current assignment for college expects me to have equipment from the '80's and do things no one does anymore.
    Was less unhappy than I should be when I got too sick to meet the deadline for it and now it's been postponed till I get the all clear from dr.

Messages coming on on the Whatsapp thread from my classmates giving out about how hard it was to do and how happy they are to have it done, how bad it is and the like.

Annoyed now that I'm not getting it in with the rest. Annoyed that I'm so hard to please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bredabe wrote: »
    Boy dog trying to "bury" his rawhide bone away from his grabby sister, on the floor, twice.
    The confused look on his face when he see's she stolen it again.

Sad really, he's normally smart as a whip.

Could be worse - trigger warning :could be mildly disturbing for the feint hearted

https://twitter.com/tallcailin/status/959221964232646659?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ewhatsapp%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA I have to do the same work/school routine as all the other days tomorrow as the little guy has an outing that starts at the same time as work. :(
    Have to make bloody lunch and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

TA I have to do the same work/school routine as all the other days tomorrow as the little guy has an outing that starts at the same time as work. :(
    Have to make bloody lunch and all. Grrr Grrr Grrrrrrr!!!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Picked out my new glasses today but they won't be ready for 2 weeks. It's a very very trivial annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Waiting in the queue at Aldi, watching the guy in front slowly unload his cart onto the conveyor with one hand.....because the other one was holding a Costa coffee cup! Just put the damn thing down for 30 seconds!

Woke up with a migraine and to the sound of someone hovering at 8:30 am on a Saturday morning -_-.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Woke up with a migraine and to the sound of someone hovering at 8:30 am on a Saturday morning -_-.

Was it Marty being chased?

TA'd at waking up a few times during the night.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Was it Marty being chased?

TA'd at waking up a few times during the night.

Damn meant hoovering not hovering :o, it was my dad hoovering :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My heating's packed in :mad:

Neighbours keep telling me how great my hair is, I look like Mona Liza with curls. One even told me not to cut it as the length made me look more feminine. The fact that I've been too sick to even think of cutting it just seems to go over their heads.
    *F&^k off it's my hair, opinions NOT welcomed!

Waiting for new oil talk to be delivered so didn't top up over Christmas, constant calls to co to organise delivery, next month, week, tom and now we are out of heating oil and co say they "didn't think you would run out so quickly" will "try to deliver today"

So oil arrived at teatime, but now pump doesn't work and sib will not call the co to fix it, as its the "weekend".

Freaking freezing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My boyfriend snapping me from outside Sephora in Paris. If you don't bring me home half the shop you're dead to me Hun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I am TA'd at my boyfriend but I could not tell you why, which is a further TA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am TA'd at my boyfriend but I could not tell you why, which is a further TA!

My wife gets angry with me in her dreams and there is hell to pay when she wakes up.
    Can't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ultimate first world TA. The foot rest part in my reclining chair is weakening and kind of slumps downward when I lay my legs stretched out.
    It's a tough world out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Ta'd at being called fat today ...Im pleasantly plump you a-hole :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

My wife gets angry with me in her dreams and there is hell to pay when she wakes up.
    Can't win.

This calls for that. https://youtu.be/L6kvcNw10D4

Hang in there Anna080, hang in there.

My TA is husband nicking things out of our fridge to supply guests in the shed. It's like a man cave/studio (he's a musician) and he often has people over for recordings and what not.

We're 7km from a village shop and nearly 20 km from town, so when he tucks into my planned supplies for the week it's a right annoyance. I don't mind getting him stuff if he tells me in advance, but he rarely does, so then I'm missing ham for the kids lunches on Mondays, or milk on a Sunday morning for breakfast...

What was it Ilovethebonesofyou ? Grr ? Like GRRRRROAAAARRR and a lot of French swear words on top.

Phew. Feels better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A woman I know asked if we could do a gym class together as she was new. I was fine with that but what I wasn't fine with was her chatting through the whole fcuking class.
    Sorry now, I'm not a gym fiend or gym addict but when I do go to the gym I am there to work out and concentrate. I will happily chat to you, for ages if you like, but not in the middle of a class!

TA'd that my other half brought me home the wrong wine for my weekly wine night. He bought Rosé which I DESPISE so I had to go and swap it for a Pinot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The re-release and edited version of Crash by the Primatives (years ago) - its awful*

*watching Dumb and dumber tonight

• Site Banned Posts: 13 Farmer Tom

Neighbors dog trying to ride my cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Being followed. Pure stupidity by absolute idiots but it's annoying that they're there every time I step foot outside the door on a Saturday night. Do grown adults not have better things to worry about/do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Having no social life largely driven by my ED. Saturday night is any old night here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement