Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Have that kind of antsy hangover where I can't decide what to do to make myself feel better.

Eat loads of bad food! :D

I appear to have a spot on my bum.
    That rules out wearing the Chaps to the pub tonight then.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I appear to have a spot on my bum.
    That rules out wearing the Chaps to the pub tonight then.

If it’s a sepia colored spot in the middle, you’ll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I put a new top in the wash and forgot to change the programme from 60 degrees to 40 and the colour of it has gone dull and dingy. Only cheap but I really liked it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bought a large tub of Tesco Finest Greek Yogurt at around 9.00am this morning. Went to the fridge to get it and see that it's been left out sitting beside the microwave for the last 11 hours. I must have put it there when trying to make room for the new groceries I bought.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's still ok - when you make it, yogurt can stay at room temperature (up to 30 degrees or so, IIRC) for about 12 hours.

When a poster you really liked closed their account a long time ago and then you see someone posting and you think hey that's x but then you click on find more posts by x and realise it's not. :(

When a poster you really liked closed their account a long time ago and then you see someone posting and you think hey that's x but then you click on find more posts by x and realise it's not. :(

I hate this too, there are some posters that I really miss :(. Mad how you can get to like someone anonymous so much and actually wonder are they OK when they stop posting /close their account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

New Home wrote: »
    It's still ok - when you make it, yogurt can stay at room temperature (up to 30 degrees or so, IIRC) for about 12 hours.

Thanks - didn't know that. Have put it in fridge now so will try it in about an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I killed one of my plants that I was sooo eager to get... I tried to salvage what was salvageable but my hope for them isn't too big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Trying to watch Midsomer Murders with my mother but the whole house is thumping with the noise of Tyga Taste on repeat from next door. And the sound of the 16 year old girl from next door standing in her front garden loudly telling a 12 year old girl from across the road how she got lots of free vodka and "shisha" on her family holiday by "being good" to the bar man. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Good grief...

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I told my bro to stay away with his nasty ass cold and he came along anyway "throw the kettle on there sis, ye'll be grand." Me arse. Weekend fceked cos I'm smothered. Only thing kept me going was the cbb thread. Hi Mam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Was told by the manager that I was working in the restaurant tonight and that all I had was two tables of 2. Great, says I, grand handy night. 7pm, a man turns up and says he has a group of 19 who were due to eat in the restaurant. I said surely not, no one mentioned it. Long story short, they were, and someone fcuked up somewhere.

Then the bar was manic busy, so people were coming into us to eat, and we had to look after them.

The kitchen were so slowwwww because they were busy (and because they're always slow), so I had to keep apologizing to customers because of that.

And I had to stay an hour late :(

All in all, a very TA'ing day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Stupid Ryanair opening a new tab for Ryanair Rooms when I search for a flight.

I have been predicting the washing line will snap for awhile now yet doing nothing about it. And yep, it snapped today as as I wound it up, all the clothes in the grass that I hadn't got round to cleaning up after the dog. Also a dry duvet on the line just to air down into the damp, sh1tty grass:(.

TA'd that I didn't get a phone call telling me I wasn't needed at work today like I was wishing I would :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lazy motherf**kers who park taking up 2 spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

erica74 wrote: »
    I'm having increasing problems and symptoms related to my period. I now get awful cystic acne in the run up to my period every month and it's so bad that the spots have only just about cleared up when the run up to my next period starts and I'm hit with another breakout. I'm 31! I was very lucky to have not suffered with bad spots as a teenager. Why now??? It's not fair.

I am having the same issue and I'm the same age as you. I also never had spots as a teenager.

Currently using Clearasil Rapid action scrub twice daily and it has calmed my skin but I still have pigmentation.

TA'd that I overcooked my fried egg this morning.

• Advertisement

Feeling particularly anxious today. Can't decide if it's because I'm worried about work being a complete sh*tshow like last night, or because this day week is the start of moving. Either way it's annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The new Lotto ad. Must have been on 10 times today. Just go away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sunday bleeding night again! *cross face*
    KatW4 wrote: »
    My head is thumping. A child in my class shouts all day long and calls me a 'fat b******' and tells me to f**k off. I need a nap.

*hugs*

That's not on at all, call in the little ****s parents and the principal and get them moved to a different class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

KatW4 wrote: »
    My head is thumping. A child in my class shouts all day long and calls me a 'fat b******' and tells me to f**k off. I need a nap.
    Madness. Just curious as to what age of child? Surely there is a way to address this, or escalate to Principal or whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I had the privilege of being in Croke park for the All Ireland SFC final today.

It's occasions like this that remind me how stupid people are.

I had a headache with the amount of stupidity.

First experience was on the bus. Dear bus users of Ireland. It would be super if you put your money in the machine provided, not drop it on the floor.

Dear road users, the white lines are painted on the road for a reason and traffic lights turn red for a reason. Please refer to the booklet you've either forgotten or never bothered reading at all.

Dear pedestrians. You do not know what the red man is for don't you?

Dear shoppers, when buying milk and bread there may be people behind you. Therefore cash is good, try not to use your expired credit card. Just a thought.

Your entrance for the stadium is printed on your ticket. Try to enter the correct stand in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

my sleep pattern
    my pending promotion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Holidays nearly over :(

Back to work on Tuesday :(

Saw some ex dub GAA fella on the telly today. His name was Denis Bastick. My god, what were his parents thinking? I've been saying the name in my head all day. Did they not think it through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Rented two movies on iTunes over the weekend and just realised I already own then on DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

That's not on at all, call in the little ****s parents and the principal and get them moved to a different class.

Madness. Just curious as to what age of child? Surely there is a way to address this, or escalate to Principal or whatever?

I wish it was that easy. He's 6. Parents don't care or don't know how to control it. It's not the child's fault, it's just hard to deal with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Click bait headlines like, "John Doe walked into a store, what happened next was amazing".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Can't sleep. Lying in bed, brain won't switch off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Alarm in 3.5 hours but i stay up watching tennis. And of course I’m wide awake from silently cheering throughout.

People back from holidays. Great, you had a lovely time but having to listen to the same story about 8 times now so far beginning to grate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Go to great effort to squeeze the very last bit of toothpaste out of the tube and then it falls off the brush down the plughole grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

fussyonion wrote: »
    I am having the same issue and I'm the same age as you. I also never had spots as a teenager.

Currently using Clearasil Rapid action scrub twice daily and it has calmed my skin but I still have pigmentation.

TA'd that I overcooked my fried egg this morning.

I went to my GP on Thursday and she prescribed me antibiotics to hopefully clear it up. 6 weeks of antibiotics and potentially another 6 weeks after that and then a topical cream to keep it under control. I'll let you know how it goes for me if you like?

My TA is that I'm so old:sad:
    I was at EP over the weekend and I hurt my foot dancing on Friday night. I spent half of Saturday afternoon in the hospital tent getting iced and bandaged so I missed loads of acts I wanted to see. I then hobbled around for the rest of Saturday looking like someone's granny. So we came home yesterday and I missed a few more acts I wanted to see. I am wrote off this morning. I'm cross eyed with the tiredness. Aches and pains all over and so dehydrated.

Also, while I was dancing, I was flailing around like a mad woman (as was everyone else in the tent) and I knocked a lady's drink out of her hand. She was understandably annoyed. I apologised profusely and I offered to buy her a replacement drink, which she refused. But she then spent the rest of the gig giving me absolutely filthy looks. My husband even went over to her and offered to buy her a replacement drink and again, she said no. I mean, we tried making it better but she refused.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's something wrong with my ear, nothing serious, just feels like there is still soap in my ear, but it's been like that a few days.

The TA is that I've no idea if I'm shouting or speaking too low.

Itchy, scratchy throat.. just irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've had a migraine on and off (but mostly on) since it woke me up at 5am on saturday morning. I've had them for a full day before but i dont remember them lasting this long. This sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having to sit through and do an assignment on material I've done and passed assessments for since before the turn of the century.
    And I had to walk for 50 mins to listen to all this crap again and again and again.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

After messing up my back badly this weekend and had to phone in sick to work with 13 new hires starting today fml.

Multi managers emailing me not happy laptops are not at the desks. This is what happens when you depend on me when I hurt MYSELF I am in pain and can't get work off my mind.

But on a proper note I am going to the Dr later and physiotherapy after it just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

This skirts the TA/TH but - have the appointment finally for the painkilling etc injection in my bad hip.

Going to be glad I get it done but man am I bricking it!!!!!!

northgirl wrote: »
    People back from holidays. Great, you had a lovely time but having to listen to the same story about 8 times now so far beginning to grate..

Wait til they start showing you the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Why oh why did I volunteer to organize a trip and tickets to a sports event

What are the dates?
    I told you the dates, they are also on the WhatsApp chat and google too

Can I just pay for some and not other parts
    Nope

I want to go, nope changed my mind, ah will go, no won’t
    Ah heyor

Can I pay you later?
    You are paid monthly like me, you can pay me on payday

What are the dates?
    !!!!!!!

Sick of it

"Fourdee gigs of dayda, visit Eir dodeye"
    Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have a cold, achy, hot and cold. Not sick enough for the bed, not well enough to do anything. Looking out at the sunshine is driving me crazy. I want to be outside doing stuff. Grrr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I'm dead on my feet but the plan is tonight:

Home
    Tea
    Telly
    Sleep
    2am alarm call to watch Federer
    Quick nap
    Work
    Die of exhaustion

I have that horrible sensation of being just about to sneeze all day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

My child care arrangement for today didn't work out, had a scan. So I had to take her, it was all a bit last minute, and oh my god the embarrassment of it. Baby in an age where she's so wary with strangers and I couldn't take her in with me. One of the ladies took her but it was so uncomfortable and I felt really embarrassed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cringey loud people at bus stops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cringey loud people at bus stops!

Slightly similar TA.

On the Luas back to the park and ride after the All Ireland yesterday evening, and the carriage was naturally jammers. But there was a pregnant woman stood in the middle of it with her buggy and a couple more unruly children with her wearing the tracksuit that is a uniform for her "kind", listening to music on her phone.

No biggie you would think. Only she had no earphones in and instead had it blaring from the speakers on the phone. That inane, headache-inducing trance sort of music as well. And I was facing into a 45-min journey already annoyed having to rub shoulders with too many strangers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement