Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'm in bed and I feel warm, but my feet are freezing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

How long is six months? For about a year now, every time I check on the eir website to see when the fibre broadband is coming to my area, it says six months. Longest six months in history. Do they ever bother to even check the website. Ah shure, we're only a bunch of culchies anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm looking for a specific top that I've not worn in ages and ages, I know it's in a plastic box that went to my parents' house when I moved. I took the place apart over the past few days and I can find everything but that box, hth does a large plastic box that had been with three others just disappear when I need it? Of course, I can find another top for the outfit, but it won't feel the same.

A long even for me rant. I book an appointment with an alternative therapist on the opposite side of the city yesterday, I asked for directions exactly to the clinic as its a multifunctional building and I have history of overlooking things in that kind of environment. I was told to sit in the hall to preserve privacy(the clinic was open plan due to renovations) and to check that mary x was on the door. I arrive ten mins early and walk around to have a look.
    I see two sets of seats and no one called mary x, there was a laura x who was not near the seats, I had been told NOT to bring my phone as it wrecks the ambience of the treatment. I sit and wait between patrols in case I should have been in the other place, fifteen minutes after the appointment should have started I leave.
    When I get home I see a message sent to my phone asking if I was coming to my appointment, I reply the info above and was bombarded by questions like, why didn't you knock on the door with 'my name' on and how could I have thought that 'the wrong chairs' were 'right chairs'?
    I get another two message with what I assume were photos of said chairs(phone cant download those photos) then she goes down the my name is on the door route with is followed by what I assume are more photos of the name on the shared door.
    As well as being more than ta, how is this acceptable behaviour from someone who has a business!?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The NCT guy,with the filthy hands and greasy overalls,
    Getting in to my spotless car!
    Plus the waiting room stinks of piss and it’s manky...I didn’t even dare to sit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bloody ques everywhere I go *cross face*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

mikemac2 wrote: »
    New baggage policy from Ryanair

I have four short flights in November so caught for all. Either €7 or €10 per flight

Existing bookings that were made before the policy was announced should be exempted imo. Fair enough if it was made clear when making the booking but now they are changing the rules!

Turn my TA into a TH

Ryanair announced that people who booked before they changed the baggage policy will have their deal honoured. Proper order! No baggage charge for me

Michael O’Leary reads this thread. I reckon he’d be a good man for ranting and adding TA’s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Turn my TA into a TH

Ryanair announced that people who booked before they changed the baggage policy will have their deal honoured. Proper order! No baggage charge for me

Michael O’Leary reads this thread. I reckon he’d be a good man for ranting and adding TA’s!

Was looking at flying to Madrid a few weeks ago... booking Thur Ryanair...then said feck it..will look at something else... Iberia Express .same planes...better looking trolley dollys (both sexes) larger bag weights and in flight WiFi...for €90 less... Buhbye Ryanair :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Someone I work with decided to point out that I have a grey hair today. I in fact have lots of grey hairs poking out here and there but I didn't really need someone to point it out.

They deserve a boot up the ass for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Someone I work with decided to point out that I have a grey hair today. I in fact have lots of grey hairs poking out here and there but I didn't really need someone to point it out.

Also ta it's not the weekend and it's been the longest most boringest week ever :(
    They deserve a boot up the ass for that!

Or

That's from having to put up with you,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Turn my TA into a TH

I've booked Ryanair to Bucharest in October. our flight home was originally late evening which gave us the full day in Bucharest. ta that they've now changed it to midday which means we now don't get the benefit of that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Women painting their nails on the train.

No f**king cop on as we all choke.
    And thoughtless people spraying themselves with deodorant and perfume on the bus.
    Last week i sat across from a guy on the bus to Cork who watched a weird african soap opera on his laptop for the whole journey with the volume as LOUD as it would go. Grrr use headphones or turn it down ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Local Tesco changing where things are, at least 4 aisles moved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've been in school for 6 days and I'm already sick with a head cold. Ughh germy kids!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People driving very slow on main roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Sudden cravings... Milky Ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having to go to bed after a wonderful day in the real and virtual company of wonderful people.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Or

That's from having to put up with me,.

Don't be so hard on yourself tedo, I'm sure you weren't the cause of Farts grey hair :).

:pac:

I'll remember that Seph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People in supermarkets asking me questions like "Do you know where the eggs are?" just because I'm wearing a shirt and tie while I'm doing my shopping.

"F**k off, I'm on my break"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

People in supermarkets asking me questions like "Do you know where the eggs are?" just because I'm wearing a shirt and tie while I'm doing my shopping.

"F**k off, I'm on my break"

take off your tie?

I hate Supermarkets- far from Super!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Try_harder wrote: »
    take off your tie?

I hate Supermarkets- far from Super!

I look better with a tie on than without.

Shouldn't have to though - if I worked there, I'd have a badge saying so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Online Dating is so annoying at times. Found nice Profile with nice guy, 20 kms away. And then he has written; - Living and working in Belfast! Grrrrr :rolleyes::(

My Hey Google isn't working.

Memory going downhill. Had something to get in the Pound-Shop for the last 3 days, thought of it every day for the last 3 days but just wasn't near any cheapie Shop. Made it my intention to get to Pound-Shop today when I was in town, aaaaaaaand of course I couldn't remember the thing I wanted to get. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Athough I did remember something else that had been in my head that I needed so not a wasted trip...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hard work pays off in the future

Laziness pays off now

Thats my excuse and I’m stickin to it

Drippy nose. At this rate there'll be a puddle on the floor by morning.

People sending me WhatsApp vids of the local lunatic arguing with the bank door while his pants are around his ankles ...in broad daylight

People sending me WhatsApp vids of the local lunatic arguing with the bank door while his pants are around his ankles ...in broad daylight

Ah now, you have to share that!

Feeling really uncomfortable where I'm staying at the moment. Trying to not let it worry me but feel I can't relax there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wearing a new pair of boots today and they are cutting the ankles off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This is a mixed one: more annoyance, so I'm putting it here. I ordered a Bluetooth keyboard/case to go with my iPad, and it arrived about six weeks ago ... but I couldn't get it to work. I got it to connect once, then never again. The instructions were Engrish and basically useless.

Well, I finally figured out the connection process yesterday: you have to press a button within a specific 1-second window to get it to start the connection process. So I'm trivially annoyed that the process is so finicky and poorly documented, though relieved that the keyboard is working and my money was not wasted.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,921 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People wearing casual jackets over business clothes. It just looks so wrong.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People wearing casual jackets over business clothes. It just looks so wrong.

People wearing runners with work suits... I know they are commuting but it's so ugh..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On that note, men wearing bad shoes with work suits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The vending machine at work is trolling me. I wanted water and it gives me Coke Zero.
    Tried again and I got Fanta.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Buuut... wedon'twannagiveyouthat!"

New Home wrote: »
    On that note, men wearing bad shoes with work suits!

And on a similar note men wearing white socks with black shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

while we are on fashion faux pas what is it with men wearing trousers that are flapping above their ankles? Who decided that was a good look?

while we are on fashion faux pas what is it with men wearing trousers that are flapping above their ankles? Who decided that was a good look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Ticketmaster:mad:

Actually it's not at all trivial !

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Ticketmaster:mad:

Actually it's not at all trivial !
    Fees for doing nothing and the worst customer service ever. They have a monopoly however so they've got you by the short and curlies and don't give a sh1t about complaints or bad press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fees for doing nothing and the worst customer service ever. They have a monopoly however so they've got you by the short and curlies and don't give a sh1t about complaints or bad press.

They haven’t, just don’t use them.

They haven’t, just don’t use them.
    If you want to go to the concert or whatever, then you must use TM. There is no other option for the majority of gigs in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sitting in a car park and having someone try to reverse up the little incline into the space beside you....fine you say except they rev the piss out of the engine with the clutch barely engaging and the car creeping back...lift the fcuking clutch and the car will move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

This girl I know had a baby 4 or 5 weeks ago, and every day since she's had pictures of the baby on facebook or snapchat. And if it hasn't been pictures it's statuses about her. Like yeah, she's cute and obviously you love her, but give it a rest

Kitty6277 wrote:
    This girl I know had a baby 4 or 5 weeks ago, and every day since she's had pictures of the baby on facebook or snapchat. And if it hasn't been pictures it's statuses about her. Like yeah, she's cute and obviously you love her, but give it a rest

Post - that looks like my postman.

TA I have an evil mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The problem with finding a massive spider in your house isn't necessarily dealing with that one spider, but the unknown factor of not knowing if he brought any of his friends in with him.

• Advertisement

The problem with finding a massive spider in your house isn't necessarily dealing with that one spider, but the unknown factor of not knowing if he brought any of his friends in with him.

Or if it's a she...and she has hundreds of hungry babies looking for revenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When a driver breaks a ROTR and another driver just lets them. For example, there's a junction in town and there's no right turn (for a very valid reason) at it and, of course, loads of drivers just think it's their right to do whatever they want, and other drivers just let them turn right there. WHY?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

All I want to do is soak in a scalding hot bath, but I can’t :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,921 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Sock boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fake old fashioned pubs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement