Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Someone rings me and I missed the call so ring them back and they say 'I can't talk now'. Why are you ringing me then? WHY.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Someone rings me and I missed the call so ring them back and they say 'I can't talk now'. Why are you ringing me then? WHY.

Ass clowns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ass clowns!

Me bonce is wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Sock boots.

Uggs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Me bonce is wrecked.

hehe :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When I keep dying in a certain part of a game :mad:

Watching the trailer for the nun, what the feck was I thinking watching that before bed time :o
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    When I keep dying in a certain part of a game :mad:

What game?

Super Valu topped today's TA: €3.35 for Prune juice, which being Super Valu you know you're paying too much at that. Being badly stung often before in the difference between the displayed price and the price I'm actually charged, I always watch the price they actually charge me. This morning it was €4.19 for the product clearly marked €3.35. That's overcharging of 84c, or 25%.

I brought the overcharge to the attention of a member of staff, who checked, apologised and gave me the difference. Last time I was overcharged in Tesco they gave me the product for free. But Super Valu - what incentive do they have to not be robbing fúckers as a matter of policy when the worst that can happen is they're found out and have to refund the difference? As always the Super Valu business model depends upon being located in small towns with limited competition and dependent upon an older customer base to pay their prices and not notice the frequent difference between the advertised price and the price you're actually charged (never mind what competitors are charging). I have never, ever been undercharged in a Super Valu, but have often been overcharged.

Beware of the town where the supermarket options start and end with a Super Valu. Always.

What game?

GTA IV, got past it though :D

My laptop battery is depleting far too rapidly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

erica74 wrote: »
    When a driver breaks a ROTR and another driver just lets them. For example, there's a junction in town and there's no right turn (for a very valid reason) at it and, of course, loads of drivers just think it's their right to do whatever they want, and other drivers just let them turn right there. WHY?? :mad:

Got one today, a lorry horsed on through a junction which has 3t limit signs well posted wheels over my side of the white line and beckons me to pull into a driveway on myside to make room for him to drive on, I didn't, I beckoned him to back on up, he repeated his sign, I held up 3 fingers, he got closer, I didn't move, 3 inches from my mirror, I still didnt budge, he managed to hop up on the footpath and continue, Fresh produce lorry, no shops on the road, so didn't have to be on it, cars behind made room for him, grrr.

Asked the OH if he wanted to do something tomorrow as it's my last day here, but he said he's busy. I'm not annoyed that he's busy, he's obviously allowed to have plans away from me, just a pity because now I won't see him for a few weeks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I really like the Santa Maria brand of jalapenos but as far as I know, only Dunnes stock them and I don't live near a Dunnes, so that's a pain in the ar*e, pardon the pun.
    I need more so I'll have to stock up tomorrow.

Lower back pain.
    I had a slipped disc about ten years ago which was excruciating and I was told by my GP at the time I would probably always suffer with intermittent back pain.
    He wasn't wrong.
    I could go a year with no pain and then bam, I could be laden with it for weeks.
    It's unreal, the pain.
    Solpadol work a treat but they're addictive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Asked the OH if he wanted to do something tomorrow as it's my last day here, but he said he's busy. I'm not annoyed that he's busy, he's obviously allowed to have plans away from me, just a pity because now I won't see him for a few weeks :(

Maybe he's organising a surprise party for you... remember, look surprised! ;):D

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe he's organising a surprise party for you... remember, look surprised! ;):D

Hmm, doubtful, but if that is in fact the case, I'll do my best surprised face :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The NCT guy,with the filthy hands and greasy overalls,
    Getting in to my spotless car!
    Plus the waiting room stinks of piss and it’s manky...I didn’t even dare to sit.

In the Naas NCT centre a couple of years back, someone was taking a dump in the jacks with the door ajar - it's in the waiting area - people sitting opposite got a ringside view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm TA'd at myself for booking an appointment for 10am tomorrow morning, in a town that's 45 minutes away. Why was I so stupid?!?

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm TA'd at myself for booking an appointment for 10am tomorrow morning, in a town that's 45 minutes away. Why was I so stupid?!?

Hair appointment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭jiltloop

The mention of NCTs above reminded of a very annoying part of getting the NCT done. You book the car in for 9pm, arrive 5-10 minutes beforehand and then you're waiting 40 minutes before your car even begins to get tested! What's the point in booking specific time slots if it never gets tested at that time??!!

Does my nut in every time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hair appointment?

Nope but that's another appointment I need to make though!

Also that's another TA, I hate speaking to people on the phone so I always delay making appointments!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

KatW4 wrote: »
    another TA, I hate speaking to people on the phone so I always delay making appointments!

How I wish everything could be done online or by email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Donal Skehan.
    I have to say he has some really nice recipes but his shows are all awful, badly produced, all over the place. Quite an insufferable yoke that lives somewhere in between bothering everyone with his oh so amazing family and presenting stuff in the most awful way.
    Why are the mammies of Ireland making such a non-runner famous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you think you have one last sup of a lovely cuppa left but you've finished it.

Or worse, when the sup is left but it's gone cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Almost 6 years in my house got my first Jehovah's Witnesses calling. gave them 3 seconds. No Thank You. Goodbye /Closedoor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

jiltloop wrote: »
    The mention of NCTs above reminded of a very annoying part of getting the NCT done. You book the car in for 9pm, arrive 5-10 minutes beforehand and then you're waiting 40 minutes before your car even begins to get tested! What's the point in booking specific time slots if it never gets tested at that time??!!

Does my nut in every time!

Similar annnoyance

Had 2 appointments this week with doctor in HSE public

Appointment at 10:45am

I arrive at 10:00 .. yes way too early and I do not expect to be seen until my time

But the letter stated being on time is very very important

So I’m in waiting room

So 10:45 came no sign of doctor

11:00 no sign of doctor ... 15 min late so I’m scrolling the internet

11:15 oh there is the doctor who walks past me and ignores me ( I am the only one waiting )

11:30 she returns and says I’ll be right with you

12.00pm goes past me again into another room

Chatting with another person about what dress she should wear out that weekend and stuff about her private life

12:10.....

12:20 ....

12:45 ...

Please come in sorry the the delay

FFS , cop on and do your F****** job !!

Hate the public system no wonder it’s in ruins because ye clearly don’t give a F and nobody is managed IMO ...

So I was late for a client meeting myself with work and had to ring in advance and apologize and openly admit due to personal reasons but you think my client cares , no . I was going to be late for him and that’s all he cares .. and all I could do was apologize whilst Doctor X was chatting crap about going out wearing a dress

Second appointment story is similar

FFS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try_harder wrote: »
    Almost 6 years in my house got my first Jehovah's Witnesses calling. gave them 3 seconds. No Thank You. Goodbye /Closedoor

Every time I come across them I have to try not to laugh, I keep thinking about Black Books (that was hilarious!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I spent all my money :(

Also the thing I spent said money on doesn't fit well in the bag and is heavy so my fingers hurt

I have never had a doctor or dentist appointment that started at the due time. Even ones that are supposedly "first thing in the morning".

The woman in front of me on the bus has her hat on inside out. The most trivial of TAs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Shpud2 wrote:
    The woman in front of me on the bus has her hat on inside out. The most trivial of TAs

She's rebelling Shpud. **** the system! :D

• Advertisement

She's rebelling Shpud. **** the system! :D

She's also wearing flip flops in the rain :confused:

Flakiness

Late August
    Friend: We must meet up for a pint soon.
    Me: Yes we should. What about Saturday 1st or Saturday 8th?
    Friend: I'll get back to you.
    Friend: Saturday 1st is good.
    Arrangements made.

1st September
    Friend: Sorry, can't make it tonight. What about Saturday 8th?
    Me: Should be fine. I'll contact you towards the end of the week to arrange.

7th September - I contact him as promised
    Me: Are you ok to meet for a pint tomorrow night?
    Friend: Should be ok.
    Me: Grand, come back to me in the morning.

8th September
    Friend: Sorry, can't make it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Shpud2 wrote:
    She's also wearing flip flops in the rain

Jaysus she's really branching out!

Headaches!

Shpud2 wrote: »
    She's also wearing flip flops in the rain :confused:

That way the water runs out and her feet will dry up in no time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

wally1990 wrote: »
    Similar annnoyance

Had 2 appointments this week with doctor in HSE public

Appointment at 10:45am

I arrive at 10:00 .. yes way too early and I do not expect to be seen until my time

But the letter stated being on time is very very important

So I’m in waiting room

So 10:45 came no sign of doctor

11:00 no sign of doctor ... 15 min late so I’m scrolling the internet

11:15 oh there is the doctor who walks past me and ignores me ( I am the only one waiting )

11:30 she returns and says I’ll be right with you

12.00pm goes past me again into another room

Chatting with another person about what dress she should wear out that weekend and stuff about her private life

12:10.....

12:20 ....

12:45 ...

Please come in sorry the the delay

FFS , cop on and do your F****** job !!

Hate the public system no wonder it’s in ruins because ye clearly don’t give a F and nobody is managed IMO ...

So I was late for a client meeting myself with work and had to ring in advance and apologize and openly admit due to personal reasons but you think my client cares , no . I was going to be late for him and that’s all he cares .. and all I could do was apologize whilst Doctor X was chatting crap about going out wearing a dress

Second appointment story is similar

FFS

A lot of my summertime job includes waiting in situations like this, I lose hours and hours of my working day like this. My boss got sick of me 'lying' to them about such things and came with me to show me how its done. He lasted two appointment before he decided the system was a shambles and left me to my own devices.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i hear you wally. and you wouldnt hear the end of it if you were the one late to the doctors.

TA double standards of those in authority deeming it ok for them to be late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a faint ache in my sinus cavity and an outright ache in my nose bone(I know its not bone, but its still sore), I cant figure out if I need a walk, its teeming out or some caffeine to sort it.

New piece of crap computer which is as responsive as a brick, but it keeps kicking my spell check off/out, so I keep losing what Im typing as it disappears when I change between the two.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    A lot of my summertime job includes waiting in situations like this, I lose hours and hours of my working day like this. My boss got sick of me 'lying' to them about such things and came with me to show me how its done. He lasted two appointment before he decided the system was a shambles and left me to my own devices.

Curious what your job is now ??

I have never had a doctor or dentist appointment that started at the due time. Even ones that are supposedly "first thing in the morning".

I really don’t get it like

It’s an appointment system for a f***ing reason

Same with my GP, never ever on time

Like we could all be fair and say ah one or 2 appointments to go over on every single one??

I’m the same with the experience

It’s a joke like

If I / we did that in the private sector with our client / customers we wouldn’t be long losing our business over service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Don't get me started on HSE appointments. I brought elderly uncle for physio, 11am on the dot, they all went for tea break, office staff and all. Sitting like two eejits for twenty minutes until they were ready. I go to private physio myself, they cover breaks and work through lunch, and a couple of late evenings, and half day Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Waiting to cross at the shopping centre these three old people crossed in front of me out in front of a car, causing it to stop abruptly- rather then be grateful the two women started giving out, their Male companion reminded them they didnt have right of way. Its a shopping centre -said one and he is an immigrant- replied the other.

What a pair of assholes

Try_harder wrote: »
    Waiting to cross at the shopping centre these three old people crossed in front of me out in front of a car, causing it to stop abruptly- rather then be grateful the two women started giving out, their Male companion reminded them they didnt have right of way. Its a shopping centre -said one and he is an immigrant- replied the other.

What a pair of assholes

FFS , what a world we live in , assholes is right

Collected laundry earlier and they've ruined 2 white tops. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA the supposed candidates for our election.

it feels like willy wonka and the chocolate factory where michael d. is charlie and the rest of them are...the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gogglebox is back, which is great if you’re into that sort of thing.
    2 new girls on it probably about 18 years old one of them already ruined herself with lip fillers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

razorblunt wrote: »
    Gogglebox is back, which is great if you’re into that sort of thing.
    2 new girls on it probably about 18 years old one of them already ruined herself with lip fillers.

I do love googlebox but have not yet seen last night's episode.

Some of the families are fairly trivially annoying but I like watching them so I can complain about them.
    If that makes any sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭donegal_man

razorblunt wrote: »
    Gogglebox is back, which is great if you’re into that sort of thing.......

Oh b*****ks! As if Nonentity Big Brother wasn't bad enough. People at work talking about watching people watching TV. Now that is something truly trivial that annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Oh b*****ks! As if Nonentity Big Brother wasn't bad enough. People at work talking about watching people watching TV. Now that is something truly trivial that annoys me.

It sounds like it should be awful but it actually genuinely was interesting when it first started even just to see how people react to certain things.
    Then it became very self aware very quickly.

• Advertisement

People texting me asking me all sorts of questions about going away, trying to make plans with me for when I'm home at Christmas :eek: I know they mean well, but christ, I haven't even left yet, and I don't plan that far ahead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement