Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Penney's Ill-fitting clothes. I know the stuff is cheap, I can't afford spending much atm on basics but need to replace a few pieces of my wardrobe (I'm not the "2wardrobes of nothing to wear"-kind, more the "I wear the same 6 outfits in rotation until it's falling apart"-kind). Now I got a pair high waist leggings there and they're awful. I used to love them but their stuff gets progressively worse and ill-fitting.
    I have a butt but also a waist, you know?!

...hate clothes shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It’s Saturday night, so people have been out drinking and are getting taxis home. No problem with that in general, but why are taxis so loud? Every time one pulls up in my street, it’s always some diesel that sounds like a tractor. The walls are shaking from the noise down on the street.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Another going away related TA; my dad, who has never really financially contributed to me, texting me asking how much my accommodation is costing and if I have money to live off. Like what, are you actually gonna offer me anything? No, so why ask?

Went to the gp for a standard visit. The fee rose by a massive 20% since last Monday, from €50 to €60 for a single visit. More than a little annoyed as I chose this gp practice just a few months ago because it was one of the three or four around charging €50 rather than €60 or €65 for a single consultation. That, and the fact that the neighbouring practices were not accepting new patients which further reduces the potential to change gp.

20% pay rise for some; 1-4% pay rise for the rest of us. Yet another example of the growing inequality in the western world that Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman and a whole slew of other famous economists are recurrently bringing to the attention of anybody who'll listen. When the politicians come knocking at the door at the next election, who in the name of Jesus represents the coping class/squeezed middle - those of us paying huge (and very much rising, thanks to government intervention) childcare, the highest mortgage interest rates in the EU combined with among the highest house prices but not getting the free or very low cost gp service which is the norm across the EU? Real quality of life stuff, not the cost-free verbal crap the Irish political class come out with ad nauseam about yet another bullshít referendum or more right-on crap about children's rights while financially screwing parents who try to raise children in this state.

/rant over
    The increase in the boom sectors are even more notable against a backdrop of average private-sector increases of just 1.8 per cent, with a 3.6 per cent rise in the public sector, mainly due to pay deals involving restoration of losses during the crash.

In many other areas, wages are, on average, not rising by much at all. The only sector to fall over the last year was administration and support services, with a pay drop of 1.1 per cent, but in a number of other areas – industry, construction (where wage growth has slowed sharply) and professional, scientific and technical activities, the annual rises were not far off 1 per cent on average, while in accommodation and food they were just 0.5 per cent. 'Five key reasons why you are still feeling financially stretched' (The Irish Times, 16 Aug. 2018)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Went to the gp for a standard visit. The fee rose by a massive 20% since last Monday, from €50 to €60 for a single visit. More than a little annoyed as I chose this gp practice just a few months ago because it was one of the three or four around charging €50 rather than €60 or €65 for a single consultation. That, and the fact that the neighbouring practices were not accepting new patients which further reduces the potential to change gp.

20% pay rise for some; 1-4% pay rise for the rest of us. Yet another example of the growing inequality in the western world that Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman and a whole slew of other famous economists are recurrently bringing to the attention of anybody who'll listen. When the politicians come knocking at the door at the next election, who in the name of Jesus represents the coping class/squeezed middle - those of us paying huge (and very much rising, thanks to government intervention) childcare, the highest mortgage interest rates in the EU combined with among the highest house prices but not getting the free or very low cost gp service which is the norm across the EU? Real quality of life stuff, not the cost-free verbal crap the Irish political class come out with ad nauseam about yet another bullshít referendum or more right-on crap about children's rights while financially screwing parents who try to raise children in this state.

/rant over

I vote for Fuaranach and subscribe to your newsletter. Hell yeah!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I may be getting a cold.

I dont have time to be sick and being sick makes me angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Went into Arnotts for an experience yesterday and spotted they were setting up the Christmas shop. In September!!!!!

Why is it getting earlier every year and who the feck buys a fake tree at this time of year??

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Went into Arnotts for an experience yesterday and spotted they were setting up the Christmas shop. In September!!!!!

Why is it getting earlier every year and who the feck buys a fake tree at this time of year??

I dropped into the Christmas forum here on Boards in July just for the craic and it was busy.

And it's still busy!

TA: Why is the first syllable in 'busy' not pronounced like bus...

Your Face wrote: »
    I may be getting a cold.

I dont have time to be sick and being sick makes me angry.

And poorer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA: Why is the first syllable in 'busy' not pronounced like bus...

because bussy would make the bus sound. Where there is a y or an i (business for example) the sound changes*

* son is learning jolly phonics at the moment :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

LirW wrote: »
    Penney's Ill-fitting clothes. I know the stuff is cheap, I can't afford spending much atm on basics but need to replace a few pieces of my wardrobe (I'm not the "2wardrobes of nothing to wear"-kind, more the "I wear the same 6 outfits in rotation until it's falling apart"-kind). Now I got a pair high waist leggings there and they're awful. I used to love them but their stuff gets progressively worse and ill-fitting.
    I have a butt but also a waist, you know?!

...hate clothes shopping.

I have found this too lately. I got a 3 pack of bras lately and one was so noticeably different in size so that I checked the label in case it was a smaller one put on the wrong hanger. It wasn't, all 3 had the same size on them. I bought a nice pair of loose, summery pants a few weeks ago that are grand. I had wanted them in black too but they weren't there at the time. I saw them last week and got them, same size, but when I put them on at home they are a good couple of inches longer. So annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The skin around my nose is peeling off. It looks awful. Stupid cold.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I have found this too lately. I got a 3 pack of bras lately and one was so noticeably different in size so that I checked the label in case it was a smaller one put on the wrong hanger. It wasn't, all 3 had the same size on them. I bought a nice pair of loose, summery pants a few weeks ago that are grand. I had wanted them in black too but they weren't there at the time. I saw them last week and got them, same size, but when I put them on at home they are a good couple of inches longer. So annoying :(

That reminds me, a couple of years ago I bought some underwear in Penneys (yes, I'm naming and shaming, even though I should name and shame myself for buying them there). They were sold in multi-packs that covered two sizes, so 10-12, 12-14, 14-16, etc.). When I wore them the first time, I thought they were ill-fitting indeed, so I checked another pair to see if I had somehow picked the wrong size. It was then that I realised that they were not symmetrical, so the left side was a size smaller than the right. Not. Impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Giving a timeline and not adhering to it. I HATE waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

northgirl wrote: »
    Giving a timeline and not adhering to it. I HATE waiting.

Are you at a wedding? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Crowds of people are enough of a TA but crowds of people in a shopping centre all busy and rushing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I've had a nasty virus where I've spent most of the week on the toilet. I had no appetite (normally love my food), nausea, headache, achy breaky joints etc. When I was getting sick, my dogs were crowded around the toilet, trying to get their heads in to eat my vomit, which just made me even more sick :(:o On the bright side I've lost half a stone :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cant deal with this weekend, yesterday it took me ten trips to the freezer to take out three items out , everything I tried to do needed extra care I was too foggie headed to do.

same today, except with cold symptoms and still all those weekend jobs backed up. Tom I have to leave the house to do things all over town, its not looking good for it being as productive as it should be.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Scouse accent...I have a beautiful woman at my door talking to me for the past 15 mins... and the accent is driving me fcking nuts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Dublin Airport

Arrived slightly ahead of schedule on a flight from America - left sitting on the apron for 45 minutes as no one was ready at the gate - happens very frequently with arrivals from America as the tailwinds can knock an hour off the flight time but seems to come as a surprise to DAA every morning.

The delay then took us past the expected arrival time, so why should we then have to wait 15 minutes for bags?

Then we get our bags, go to look at the map to find the shuttle bus to the car park and it's pointing to the wrong zone.

Harrumph. Maximum grumpiness achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

ITDept wrote: »
    Dublin Airport

Arrived slightly ahead of schedule on a flight from America - left sitting on the apron for 45 minutes as no one was ready at the gate - happens very frequently with arrivals from America as the tailwinds can knock an hour off the flight time but seems to come as a surprise to DAA every morning.

The delay then took us past the expected arrival time, so why should we then have to wait 15 minutes for bags?

Then we get our bags, go to look at the map to find the shuttle bus to the car park and it's pointing to the wrong zone.

Harrumph. Maximum grumpiness achieved.

What is it about Airports that brings out the stupid in People?

It's almost like there's something in the air that makes people lose the use of their brains.

Normal morons seem to go hyper retard when engaged in the process of air travel.

I was on a flight home from the UK recently and some of the stuff was horrifying to me.

The simple task of taking the correct seat is too much of a challenge for some people, let alone storing their bags.

Sitting in a small room with 2 heavy smokers. Ew, the smell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Sitting in a small room with 2 heavy smokers. Ew, the smell
    I used to be a smoker and never really understood how bad smokers smell. Now I get it. It's fcuking awful (sorry smokers but it is). Even when someone goes outside for a ciggie, when they come back in you can get it. It's all over their clothes and breath and it's rank. I used to be one of those smokers who would wake up in the morning and have a cigarette in bed. Last thing at night I would have a cigarette. Now I don't smoke and the smell repulses me.

I'm not one of those ex smokers who becomes a preachy anti-smoking ar$ehole. I hate myself because even though I know smoking causes all kinds of illness, smells disgusting and is a financial drain, there is part of my stupid brain that would love to pick up a fag and inhale it's cancer inducing badness :o

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I used to be a smoker and never really understood how bad smokers smell. Now I get it. It's fcuking awful (sorry smokers but it is). Even when someone goes outside for a ciggie, when they come back in you can get it. It's all over their clothes and breath and it's rank. I used to be one of those smokers who would wake up in the morning and have a cigarette in bed. Last thing at night I would have a cigarette. Now I don't smoke and the smell repulses me.

I'm not one of those ex smokers who becomes a preachy anti-smoking ar$ehole. I hate myself because even though I know smoking causes all kinds of illness, smells disgusting and is a financial drain, there is part of my stupid brain that would love to pick up a fag and inhale it's cancer inducing badness :o

It's terrible, it's such a strong smell. It's funny, my mam was a smoker, but is off them over 6 months now and she's here with me and can't smell it at all :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Trying to write a poem about writer's block but struggling with writer's block.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"All work and no play makes Shpud a dull boy"

Repeat a million times. Get Kubrick on it. Sorted.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The thing about writer's block,
    Will come as no real shock,
    You haven't a clue what to write,
    So you stare up at the ceiling light,
    and all you hear is the ticktock of the clock.

^^^
    Show-off!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

The thought of Monday morning

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    ^^^
    Show-off!!

Jealous much?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Jealous much?

Not a bit.

How about a Limerick, Shpud?

There once was a guy from Blackrock*
    who was struggling to fight writer's block
    He listened to Ted
    Who was wrecking his head
    So he decided to go abed instead.

*Poetic licence

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Glenroe music is playing in my head.

Thank you very much !!!!

Not an earworm I wanted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Therefore........it must be Sunday night again *cross face*

Therefore........it must be Sunday night again *cross face*

It really doesn't feel like Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

On the luas today and an older “gentleman” got on the stop after me so I jumped up to offer my seat only for him to start screaming abuse at me :( .
    I should have kept my head down like the rest of the passengers but I’d of felt the worst in the world not to offer a seat; it’s like your damned if you do and damned if you don’t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I've a headache.
    Younger people moaning about trivial shyte.

(I see the irony)

I want to watch the new season of a show on Netflix but if I start tonight I know I won't be able to sleep until I've binged it all.

There is a spider in this room with me. He's just run across my bag. Now I don't know where he went. Fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There is a spider in this room with me. He's just run across my bag. Now I don't know where he went. Fcuk

Just had a similar incident but he was captured(killed)

I hate them :(

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Just had a similar incident but he was captured(killed)

I hate them :(

Mine was captured too! He went under my bag so I tried to squash him, but it didn't work. But my aunt heard the bang and came up and got rid of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What is it about Airports that brings out the stupid in People?

It's almost like there's something in the air that makes people lose the use of their brains.

Normal morons seem to go hyper retard when engaged in the process of air travel.

I was on a flight home from the UK recently and some of the stuff was horrifying to me.

The simple task of taking the correct seat is too much of a challenge for some people, let alone storing their bags.

I'm flying to Dublin from Manchester on Friday evening after work with the kids, can honestly say that if I can get to Dublin without wanting to punch someone I'm doing well. I'm a frequent flyer with my kids and find a lot of people in airports absolutely unbearable.

Being wide awake when you know you need to be asleep

Being wide awake when you know you need to be asleep

This +1

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

^+2

You can add me to the queue too +3

Ditto

Both suitcases being overweight. What can ya do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Both suitcases being overweight. What can ya do?

Fortycoats!! Let him inspire you.

Monday!

sideshow-bob-gif-1.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement