Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Watch out for rakes, Seph. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Watch out for rakes, Seph. :D

Ohhh Homeo

ashamed_polar_bear.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

js35 wrote: »
    On the luas today and an older “gentleman” got on the stop after me so I jumped up to offer my seat only for him to start screaming abuse at me :( .
    I should have kept my head down like the rest of the passengers but I’d of felt the worst in the world not to offer a seat; it’s like your damned if you do and damned if you don’t

Why didnt you just blast him in the face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'm flying to Dublin from Manchester on Friday evening after work with the kids, can honestly say that if I can get to Dublin without wanting to punch someone I'm doing well. I'm a frequent flyer with my kids and find a lot of people in airports absolutely unbearable.

It's chronic. I don't understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

LirW wrote: »
    Penney's Ill-fitting clothes. I know the stuff is cheap, I can't afford spending much atm on basics but need to replace a few pieces of my wardrobe (I'm not the "2wardrobes of nothing to wear"-kind, more the "I wear the same 6 outfits in rotation until it's falling apart"-kind). Now I got a pair high waist leggings there and they're awful. I used to love them but their stuff gets progressively worse and ill-fitting.
    I have a butt but also a waist, you know?!

...hate clothes shopping.

Usually never bother with Penneys/Primark but as soon as the one here in Belfast burnt down I've a million things I'd like to get there. Sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭storker

On the luas today and an older “gentleman” got on the stop after me so I jumped up to offer my seat only for him to start screaming abuse at me :( .
    I should have kept my head down like the rest of the passengers but I’d of felt the worst in the world not to offer a seat; it’s like your damned if you do and damned if you don’t

What was his issue with being offered a seat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The lawnmower won't start. I wanted to get the grass cut before the rain. I need chocolate to calm me down, raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

The supermarket cashier reaching for the telephone while attending to the person in front of me in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is an old woman and she must live nearby. I see her out and about maybe twice a week, whenever she sees me she gives me the biggest dirty look going. She will even stop in her tracks so she can give me some serious evils as I walk past. I don't think she is quite right in the head department. I am scared of meeting her now and if I see her I cross the road quickly- she stands on the other side and glowers over at me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

So stressed from work and sick I don't know can I interview for a promotion tomorrow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    So stressed from work and sick I don't know can I interview for a promotion tomorrow.

Just explain that you are under the weather at the start of the interview.
    Best of luck with it :)

I'm trying to get some work done on my house, trying to get people to give quotes is a nightmare. I've been in contact with loads of different companies, providers, sole traders and so far have only gotten half of a quote.
    It's probably at the stage that the first person to give me a quote will be the one I go with.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I'm trying to get some work done on my house, trying to get people to give quotes is a nightmare. I've been in contact with loads of different companies, providers, sole traders and so far have only gotten half of a quote.
    It's probably at the stage that the first person to give me a quote will be the one I go with.

Thanks. It's not even that I haven't the capacity to prepare. And the chair of the panel I don't think is my biggest fan. Nothing to do with me but by association through another family member.

Anyway! Will decide in the morning I think and thank you :)

Haven't a house or near it but can only imagine the stress involved with all of that. Hope you get a quote soon :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    Thanks. It's not even that I haven't the capacity to prepare. And the chair of the panel I don't think is my biggest fan. Nothing to do with me but by association through another family member.

Anyway! Will decide in the morning I think and thank you :)

Haven't a house or near it but can only imagine the stress involved with all of that. Hope you get a quote soon :)

Cheers! I've been promised a quote by the end of the day!

I had a bag of crisps (Buffalo Hunky Dories) and each crisp was smashed to pieces, so I just ate a bag of crumbs. It was a horrible experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Boom_Bap wrote: »

same here.need some good improvements done. got a builder (eventually) to call to house in April to do up a quote. he was to provide it within two weeks. still waiting for it despite several reminders. I know by now he has no interest in doing the job but all he has to say is that he has too much on at the moment or whatever but every time I contact him he responds that he will have it to me in two weeks. I'm the meantime I have a bit of money waiting to be spent on refurbishment and nobody to take it from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm like a bag of cats today. So, AH, I present to you A Rant: Long Form

Gum chewers.
    Leg fidgeters.
    Angry typers.
    Use of the word "female" as a noun.
    Grown adults who are afraid of speaking on the phone.
    Grown adults who are afraid of spiders.
    Can't cook, won't cooks.
    Fussy eaters.
    People who continue to talk among themselves when the food arrives at the table in a large restaurant group.
    Priests.
    RTE's continued deference to priests.
    RTE presenters and their weird pronunciation: Goredee. Unpussed. F'nance.
    Dermot Bannon
    Irish country music.
    Cat pictures.
    Cat GIFs.
    Men with cats.
    People who refer to going to the gym as a hobby.
    Running runners with jeans.
    Stepping in dog poo.
    Slow delivery from the Book Depository.
    Illogical dishwasher loading.
    Empty milk cartons in the fridge.
    People who don't know the difference between "it's" and "its".
    Mattie McGrath.
    Ronan Mullen.
    Joanna Jordan.
    Noisy kids.
    Screamy teenagers.
    People who ask questions they already know the answer to just for the sake of asking.
    People who ask millions of questions at the end of a presentation or training session just to show how engaged they were.
    Mumblers.
    People who make you repeat yourself.
    Fake poormouth putter-onners.
    Tripping going up the stairs.
    Hair headaches.
    Excuses.

• Advertisement

People watching TV or playing music at high volume in public places ie. restaurants etc. STFU like!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

My boss thinking I'm a moron, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

There is an old woman and she must live nearby. I see her out and about maybe twice a week, whenever she sees me she gives me the biggest dirty look going. She will even stop in her tracks so she can give me some serious evils as I walk past. I don't think she is quite right in the head department. I am scared of meeting her now and if I see her I cross the road quickly- she stands on the other side and glowers over at me.

Are you in Galway? That city is full of these characters. It is part of Galway's charm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I get this at times, I know its cause I had a poster to stop canvassers ringing the house bell in the 8th ref and ppl who saw the poster(A5 size) seem to think this kind of beh is going to show me the 'error of my ways'. Alternatively, she just cray cray, but a good move to cross the road in case.

TA, the variation in price for a package of ice pops I gott addicted to in the heatwave, anywhere between 1e and 1.5e depending on where I buy them.

TA, someone brought in a brochure of meat for a function another dept are having, staff are gooing and gaaing over it all. I dont understand the big deal or what alll the excitement is about.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

On a rattly bus. Roads are in Sh!t. :Mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Gaggle of women laughing loudly on the train. Ive my AirPods in and I can still feeling hear them!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

storker wrote: »
    What was his issue with being offered a seat?

Dunno tbh he kept shouting saying how fit he was and how dare me and about being ex military but the old boy could hardly even stand ...a simple “ah no I’m fine” would have done.

I suffer badly with anxiety and more often than not I exclude myself from society out of fear of rejection and that B@stard has no idea of how much he s set me back...all because I offered him a seat :(

Sorry about the rant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Dunno tbh he kept shouting saying how fit he was and how dare me and about being ex military but the old boy could hardly even stand ...a simple “ah no I’m fine” would have done.

I suffer badly with anxiety and more often than not I exclude myself from society out of fear of rejection and that B@stard has no idea of how much he s set me back...all because I offered him a seat :(

Tbf, sounds as if he may have some issues of his own from how you've described it

Fooking antibiotics. Going to give it a few days see will the steroids clear this mess up first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He sounds like an ass clown, don't let that stop you from offering your seat in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have a slight pain in my stomach that feels like period pain, even though it definitely is not. Go away please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I have a slight pain in my stomach that feels like period pain, even though it definitely is not. Go away please

Pregnancy? :P :P :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

There is a huge SPIDER after running across in front of me! :eek: *screams*

Time to get the peppermint oil out.

My knight in shining armour...em... disposed of it. :pac:

Horrible yokes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Didn't have a great day today as I overheard some co workers talking about me (not nice) and it just made me so mad but I have since calmed down and I won't let them get to me again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Autosport wrote: »
    Didn't have a great day today as I overheard some co workers talking about me (not nice) and it just made me so mad but I have since calmed down and I won't let them get to me again

Fúck the cúnts!
    Who cares what the pricks say about you, not worth worrying over!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Fúck the cúnts!

Oh I know but it just got to me at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fúck the cúnts!

What Mr F says.

They only want to drag you down to their level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You know what Oscar Wilde said.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Keep your head up, people like that are not worth the effort of getting worked up over, it's jealousy, and usually that type will be talking about someone else tomorrow. :)

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Keep your head up, people like that are not worth the effort of getting worked up over, it's jealousy, and usually that type will be talking about someone else tomorrow. :)

Oh I know but it's just there is history there and it just got me on a bad day.

Don't worry Auto is back in action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA at myself for reading the favourite take away thread and am now in bed starving and salivating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

TA at morons who think they can plough though a mini roundabout just because they are going straight through. It is still a roundabout ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Absolute downpour on my 30 minute walk to work this morning. Thankfully I was able to use the lovely underground pathway here for enough of it that I was only outside for 20 minutes. I got to the door of my office building and met people who were about to walk outside. 3 of the cünts walked out past me, leaving me stand there in the pissing rain. There's only room for one person to go through the door at a time. Maybe, just MAYBE, it would be decent to let the soaked person in from the pissing rain and ye can wait inside where it's dry :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

You know what Oscar Wilde said.....

Never argue with an idiot?? Cause they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Advertisement

Just say the word....me and tedo will sort em for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

The amount of poor fruit on sale in this country. Went to slice up a plum I bought yesterday for my daughter, bloody thing was gone off already. The amount of poor fruit (and some veg)at the end of its shelf life is so indicative of where we live:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The amount of poor fruit on sale in this country. Went to slice up a plum I bought yesterday for my daughter, bloody thing was gone off already. The amount of poor fruit (and some veg)at the end of its shelf life is so indicative of where we live:-(
    It comes up a lot in this thread, supemarket fruit. Mind you somebody gave me a bag of local organic pears and apples that the bought at a farmer's market and they were the most delicious I've ever tasted. Maybe that is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

It comes up a lot in this thread, supemarket fruit. Mind you somebody gave me a bag of local organic pears and apples that the bought at a farmer's market and they were the most delicious I've ever tasted. Maybe that is the way to go.

Yeah it was supermarket stuff. There's a good local fruit n veg place we actually drive past to get to the supermarket. That's the worst of it, I have the choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sad songs.
    Can't do them.

Just no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Sad songs.
    Can't do them.

Just no.

But when all hope is gone, sad songs say so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That radio DJs and TV presenters have zero guts or balls when it comes to meeting celebs, and actually spend a lot of their face-to-face time lying.

I can't ever remember a single DJ or TV host ever saying to a guest, "I'm not mad on your new single/film".

Everything is always "amazing", "fantastic".

There has to be a huge amount of lying going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

But when all hope is gone, sad songs say so much

You'd think that people would've had enough of silly love songs...

Very annoyed here this morning, Just realized I lost my leap card and it had about 20 euro or so on it,no more 1 euro fares *cross face*

Whocanibe wrote: »

Horrible! To echo everyone else. Head high and f**k them all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Inane office chatter this morning:

'How do you pronounce Porsche? Porscheh? Porsch? What do you call diluted orange? Is it dilute? Diluten? Dilutey?"

Give me strength.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement