Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

NIMAN wrote: »
    That radio DJs and TV presenters have zero guts or balls when it comes to meeting celebs, and actually spend a lot of their face-to-face time lying.

I can't ever remember a single DJ or TV host ever saying to a guest, "I'm not mad on your new single/film".

Everything is always "amazing", "fantastic".

There has to be a huge amount of lying going on.

The don’t call them ‘the luvvies’ for nothing,y’know:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Alternating between my front door and back door every night making enticing noises to try get the cats into the house.
    Every f*ckin night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Love when you get a notification that a delivery arrives but you have no idea what it is and what service delivers it at what time...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Alternating between my front door and back door every night making enticing noises to try get the cats into the house.
    Every f*ckin night.

How many do you have?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

How many do you have?

2 of the little adorable f*ckers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

NIMAN wrote: »
    That radio DJs and TV presenters have zero guts or balls when it comes to meeting celebs, and actually spend a lot of their face-to-face time lying.

I can't ever remember a single DJ or TV host ever saying to a guest, "I'm not mad on your new single/film".

Everything is always "amazing", "fantastic".

There has to be a huge amount of lying going on.
    Yes and a lot of actors, pop stars etc are molly-coddled by yes-men assistants and have very fragile egos. If an interviewer strays away from the status quo of fawning over them and their work, the celeb can get very pissy and even walk off.
    Remember Tarantino and Robert Downey Junior both ending an interview because they weren't promoting his new film enough(Guru Murphy seems to be an expert at prompting walkouts).
    The BeeGees one was funny, Naomi Campbell, Paris Hilton even Trump has done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Very annoyed here this morning, Just realized I lost my leap card and it had about 20 euro or so on it,no more 1 euro fares *cross face*

Cancel it and request a new one straight away. I lost mine last week (along with my phone) and had a new one by Friday. Registered it and my old balance appeared!
    TA: losing my phone last week and having to fork out for a new one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    2 of the little adorable f*ckers :)

Lucky guy :3
    Aglomerado wrote: »
    Cancel it and request a new one straight away. I lost mine last week (along with my phone) and had a new one by Friday. Registered it and my old balance appeared!
    TA: losing my phone last week and having to fork out for a new one.

Ya I did that as soon as I came into my course, still very annoyed and kicking myself as I would normally put it back into wallet straight away but instead put it into my back pocket and it must fall out then *cross*.

What kind of phone was it?

Cycled into work and had a cold shower. Can't seem to get warm now :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Students.

That's it - just, students.

Everything they do, say, breathe, think etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I work in a University. Tell me...ugh

northgirl wrote: »
    I work in a University. Tell me...ugh

I checked and it's not cool to strangle one as an example.

Sorry, I appealed but no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Only for those calls from quare numbers I'd forget I have a landline, but on the off chance it might be someone I know I have to go and look. Nope - feck off and not be annoying me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Lucky guy :3

Ya I did that as soon as I came into my course, still very annoyed and kicking myself as I would normally put it back into wallet straight away but instead put it into my back pocket and it must fall out then *cross*.

What kind of phone was it?

Motorola moto g. I have form on this. A week earlier I left it in the back of a family member's car and had to drive 50 miles to get it back....

Google location tracker showed it to be in the vicinity of the local Garda HQ. (about 300m from where I think I lost it & I did not walk past there) but the Gardai didn't have it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I went for a swim last night and into the sauna after. The sauna is a bit of peace and serenity. I have a bad back and the sauna feels absolutely lovely. I love to sit there with my eyes closed and have a relax for myself.
    Last night this stupid fucking muppet wouldn't shut up talking absolute nonsense, talking about all the pubs he drinks in, referring to his girlfriend as "her" and "she", for example, "I come in here to get away from her" - WELL I CAME IN HERE FOR SOME FUCKING SERENITY!! - then he started talking about motorbikes and he hadn't a fucking clue what he was talking about (I drive a motorbike) and he basically didn't shut his mouth for the entire time I was in there.

erica74 wrote: »
    I went for a swim last night and into the sauna after. The sauna is a bit of peace and serenity. I have a bad back and the sauna feels absolutely lovely. I love to sit there with my eyes closed and have a relax for myself.
    Last night this stupid fucking muppet wouldn't shut up talking absolute nonsense, talking about all the pubs he drinks in, referring to his girlfriend as "her" and "she", for example, "I come in here to get away from her" - WELL I CAME IN HERE FOR SOME FUCKING SERENITY!! - then he started talking about motorbikes and he hadn't a fucking clue what he was talking about (I drive a motorbike) and he basically didn't shut his mouth for the entire time I was in there.

Happened to me in a steam room a while back - every second minute it was "aaaahhhhh this is so peaceful, don't you think ?" It had been till then.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My shower isn't working, I reported it to the staff here last night and they said they'd send someone up to fix it today. That's grand like, but I really just wanna have a shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I usually wear an anti grinding guard at night, I cant now as it doesn't fit with the new crowns. So on top of the settlement uncomfortableness of the crowns, I have jaw pain with the grinding.

Its two weeks to my next appointment, so I have to soldier on.

A side effect of not having menses is that there is no Ibuprofen in the house to take for the above pain and the local chemist is charging for an exorbitant amount for a small packet. New guard wont be cheap either.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Happened to me in a steam room a while back - every second minute it was "aaaahhhhh this is so peaceful, don't you think ?" It had been till then.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!

The absolute fucking worst is "it's very hot in here tonight, isn't it?" OH REALLY, IT'S HOT IN THE FUCKING SAUNA, IS IT?? THAT'S ABSOLUTE MADNESS, ALERT THE MEDIA!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I think I put out my back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

'Lady' with a case get on the seaside bound double-decker bus, there are no seats on the ground floor but driver has said to her that its all on camera and that she doesn't have to sit on the same deck as her case to make sure its safe. There are lots of seats upstairs(double-decker not really suitable for the route), but she doesn't like that.

She stands in the middle of the bus(so it can't pull out) and scopes out who she can ask to move for her, of course, Im the youngest so she heads to me and demands loudly that I give up my window seat(thus forcing the older person on the outside to move as well) I refuse, as soon as I do, she starts on why I wouldn't let an old woman like her sit in my seat when I have two working arms and legs? I explain to her that I have depth perception issues that make moving down steps that narrow while the bus was moving far more dangerous than for other ppl.

She snorts at this and calls me lazy, repeating that I have working arms and legs and how lazy I am. Continues standing and holding up the bus until an older man stands up, get off and says he'll get the next bus(20 mins later). TA the level of ignorance and selfishness shown.

Today I closed a bank a/c I had since the 90's, I was asked why I was closing and I politely say why, all went well until the money was transferred to the new bank and everything was signed off when I was told there was 50c charge to move the money! WAYYYY to make a lasting negative impression!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Why do we have to go back to work after lunch? Whyyyyyyyyy? :( Kitty cat is so comfy on my knee right now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When you’re driving along and some asswipe walks across in front of your
    Car, diagonally....looking at a phone, and they have a hood up!

TA'd that I feel hungry, but also feel sick so therefore can't eat. Think it's an anxiety thing but it's so annoying

Bredabe wrote: »
    'Lady' with a case get on the seaside bound double-decker bus, there are no seats on the ground floor but driver has said to her that its all on camera and that she doesn't have to sit on the same deck as her case to make sure its safe. There are lots of seats upstairs(double-decker not really suitable for the route), but she doesn't like that.

She stands in the middle of the bus(so it can't pull out) and scopes out who she can ask to move for her, of course, Im the youngest so she heads to me and demands loudly that I give up my window seat(thus forcing the older person on the outside to move as well) I refuse, as soon as I do, she starts on why I wouldn't let an old woman like her sit in my seat when I have two working arms and legs? I explain to her that I have depth perception issues that make moving down steps that narrow while the bus was moving far more dangerous than for other ppl.

She snorts at this and calls me lazy, repeating that I have working arms and legs and how lazy I am. Continues standing and holding up the bus until an older man stands up, get off and says he'll get the next bus(20 mins later). TA the level of ignorance and selfishness shown.

Today I closed a bank a/c I had since the 90's, I was asked why I was closing and I politely say why, all went well until the money was transferred to the new bank and everything was signed off when I was told there was 50c charge to move the money! WAYYYY to make a lasting negative impression!!!!!!!!

This!

Young chap stood up for me on the LUAS this morning and an aul one - with a seat already! - moaned that he should "wait till someone deserves it!"

Lad was doing a nice, chivalrous thing - leave him be woman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd that I feel hungry, but also feel sick so therefore can't eat. Think it's an anxiety thing but it's so annoying

Story of my life. Feicin pits. Try to eat when you're able.

northgirl wrote: »
    Story of my life. Feicin pits. Try to eat when you're able.

I had a slice of toast for breakfast, and strange as it is, just had a raw carrot

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You don't happen to have a hankering for ice-cream and pickles, by chance, do you Kitty?

Why do we have to go back to work after lunch? Whyyyyyyyyy? :( Kitty cat is so comfy on my knee right now

Don't move a muscle that kitty cat needs you :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Restless sleep and waking to a nagging headache

every morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you have a great TA, then forget what it was as soon as you go to post it. :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pigsback eating all of my points without telling me first!!!!!!!!! :mad:

New Home wrote: »
    You don't happen to have a hankering for ice-cream and pickles, by chance, do you Kitty?

Nope, I don't particularly want anything, I just feel hungry

Phew! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Stampy Longnose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I love my job. But I don't like it this year. It's so draining. I have no energy and I always feel down. I'm so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

KatW4 wrote: »
    I love my job. But I don't like it this year. It's so draining. I have no energy and I always feel down. I'm so sad.

giphy.gif

A book based in Prague talking about "tylenol" and using loathe instead of loath. And college students "going to school".
    If "purposefully" makes an entrance, there'll be war

Anything to be said for more *hugs*

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Enjoying your dinner until you have to pull a big long hair from your throat and out of your mouth.

Fcuk.

The evenings are bolli bunched, lights on at half seven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Enjoying your dinner until you have to pull a big long hair from your throat and out of your mouth.

Fcuk.

Most. Apt. Username. Ever. !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Restless sleep and waking to a nagging headache

every morning

You're simply dehydrated.

Drink more water.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Yeah I'm the same. Drinking loads but, TA, waking for the loo every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Christmas ad on TV just now. for Disney. too soon. just way too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

bluewolf wrote:
    If "purposefully" makes an entrance, there'll be war

Or "obligated".

*smashes something*

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Or "obligated".

*smashes something*

I don't even mind that one since at least the meaning is consistent.
    Poor 'purposefully' has been abused beyond all recognition.

There was even a news article where someone filed a legal grievance against apple for doing something 'purposefully'. How in god's name do you know what manner they did it in? or did you mean deliberately?
    should slap them with a texbook.

Anyway, the book was very enjoyable, typos notwithstanding. Have bought the second one. Prepare for more complaints! Like how every single Kindle book in existence has typos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Awww no :( poor Kat. Just think if can get through to even one kid you're making a difference. More importantly 6 weeks till midterm. In the meantime lots of tea and chocolate. You can do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's been quiet at work lately so I'm reading a lot of Daily Mail and oh my god I want to slap Katie Price so hard. I always thought she was a monotone dead behind the eyes skank and never bought into the savvy business woman her pr created for her, but she was never as bad as she has been this summer. Her older kids went to Peter and the younger two are with Kieran and she's basically spent the summer holidaying, drinking and doing drugs while jumping from man to man.

Be grand if she was in her 20's with no responsibilities but she has 5 kids and a terminally ill mother. Normally when she does wrong and needs a pr boost she wheels out Harvey on tv and acts like the best mother in the world but apparently she pawned him off on a neighbour (other reports say he is in residential care which would probably be better).

Normally I don't care what the silly mare gets up to and her attention seeking ways (like when she walked 15km of the London marathon and then abandoned) are mildly amusing but this is going to have serious repercussions for her kids. It's none of my business but when it's splashed all over the papers where anyone (especially her older kids can read it), it's hard not to judge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement