Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Thanks everyone, I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself earlier. I appreciate the virtual hugs :)

It's absolutely freezing tonight! I can't get warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Back pain.

But a silver lining, ibuprofen is 35p a packet here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Indo's website.

I was starting to read it less and less over recent years due to the amount of clickbait and Z-list celeb stuff on it, but recently its been getting ever worse.

The amount of moving adverts popping in and out of your screen when you are trying to read it is infuriating.

And every so often, a massive full page one covers everything and you have to wait a set time before you can continue reading.

A pain and it's only a matter of time before I stop visiting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Computer trouble :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That's a new laptop isn't it? Shouldn't be causing grief.

Presume you tried the old reliable of turning it off & back on again.

Have a cheesy 80's earworm stuck in my head here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That's a new laptop isn't it? Shouldn't be causing grief.

Presume you tried the old reliable of turning it off & back on again.

Yeah there was an issue with the Spotify app but its sorted now after I restarted the computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Back pain.

But a silver lining, ibuprofen is 35p a packet here
    Where are you and can you bring back a suitcase full of them? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I’ve seen it a lot on American TV

Someone pays a compliment and the reply is “I appreciate you”. Not thanks I appreciate it, no it’s I appreciate you

Just sounds wrong to me. A TA of mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I’ve seen it a lot on American TV

Someone pays a compliment and the reply is “I appreciate you”. Not thanks I appreciate it, no it’s I appreciate you

Just sounds wrong to me. A TA of mine

Another one they use is "making an amends" not "making amends"... maybe we're saying it incorrectly I don't know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Same here Ted, not all cheesy but still stuck.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

northgirl wrote: »
    Another one they use is "making an amends" not "making amends"... maybe we're saying it incorrectly I don't know..

Anna Faris fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Received an e-mail this morning which included the immortal prose, "..... shouldn'd of been so wreckless."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Received an e-mail this morning which included the immortal prose, "..... shouldn'd of been so wreckless."

So long as you are not the governor of the central bank we will be ok.
    Or are you?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Someone turn down the f*cking heating on the office. It must e near 423543 degrees Kelvin in here. I'm about to take off my trousers it's so f*cking hot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Someone turn down the f*cking heating on the office. It must e near 423543 degrees Kelvin in here. I'm about to take off my trousers it's so f*cking hot.

Dear Mr Bap's employees

FRIDGE CONDITIONS - NOW!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dear Mr Bap's employees

FRIDGE CONDITIONS - NOW!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Not fridge conditions, just something between which people here don't think exists. :D

Not fridge conditions, just something between which people hear don't think exists. :D

According to my lot here, no there's no middle ground - it's melting or freezing!!!!

According to my lot here, no there's no middle ground - it's melting or freezing!!!!
    We must be in the same building

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe that's what the rest want... *swit swoo, etc*

We must be in the same building

As far as air conditioning is concerned, EVERYWHERE is the same building.

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe that's what the rest want... *swit swoo, etc*

I've always suspected as much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can't go through life unscathed, with looks like yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My car's at the mechanic. Waiting to hear any update/cost. Also waiting to hopefully get to collect it earlier rather than later so I can go home.

Hate waiting! This is as bad as the NCT - except not as quick!

You can't go through life unscathed, with looks like yours.

I have to wear a brown paper bag on my head to stop people staring, so there is lots of walking into lampposts which leads to the scathing.

I have to wear a brown paper bag on my head to stop people staring, so there is lots of walking into lampposts which leads to the scathing.

Well, look on the bright side (if you can, with your head inside a paper bag) - zero risk of hyperventilation. :cool:

My very trivial but niggling TA: I gave someone a book, and I forgot to check if I'd left anything in it (documents, notes, important phone numbers, etc).

Well, look on the bright side (if you can, with your head inside a paper bag) - zero risk of hyperventilation. :cool:

My very trivial but niggling TA: I gave someone a book, and I forgot to check if I'd left anything in it (documents, notes, important phone numbers, etc).

It's okay, I took the Polaroid out!

Quick point - was the blonde with you a llama or an alpaca ??

How dare you speak like that of my follically-challenged relatives!?! :mad:

Another big TA: cold callers (on the phone, this time). The next one will be greeted with:

"The Bucket Residence, the Lady of the House speaking?!?". And I swear I'll keep calling them "Sheridan".

GO AWAAAAAYYYY!!!

How dare you speak like that of my follically-challenged relatives!?! :mad:

Sorry!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Where are you and can you bring back a suitcase full of them? :P

I'm in the UK, and sure, but I may need a hand. I have 2 suitcases already and they were both overweight! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Another big TA: cold callers (on the phone, this time). The next one will be greeted with:

"The Bucket Residence, the Lady of the House speaking?!?". And I swear I'll keep calling them "Sheridan".

GO AWAAAAAYYYY!!!
    I'm too spineless to decline whatever they're trying to flog so I always laugh nervously and hang up on them mid sentence.
    Otherwise I'll find myself sponsoring some child in some far flung country when in fact I could do with some sponsorship myself.

To thine own self be true

I'm too spineless to decline whatever they're trying to flog so I always laugh nervously and hang up on them mid sentence.
    Otherwise I'll find myself sponsoring some child in some far flung country when in fact I could do with some sponsorship myself.

I kind of feel sorry for them, too, 'cause it's a thankless job... but seriously, four calls from the same number in five days? GO. AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Week two of back to school. So far have had concussion (5yrold), shingles (7yrold) and now thread worm. Sigh

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Week two of back to school. So far have had concussion (5yrold), shingles (7yrold) and now thread worm. Sigh

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

More than TA'd at myself that I don't always have my wits about me first thing in the morning. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When something important that disappeared off the face of the earth shows up after you have applied for a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Microwave for 4-6 minutes it said. 4 minutes later I have a dish the temperature of the surface of the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Jesus.

Jesus trivially annoys you?

To thine own self be true

No, not at all. :)

(Fixed my post).

You know those days when as soon as you wake up you know you're having a particularly sharp day and your mind is working so well that you're impressing everyone around you - and especially yourself - with all your genius insight and ability to get things done while being completely cool and calm? Those days where everyone says "Wow, thanks Candie, you're amazing! I had no idea/couldn't figure that one out!"?

One of those days where you look hotter than ever, and catch multiple admiring glances just walking down the stairs in work? One of those days where you just can't be beaten and you're knocking everything out of the park and you feel so good about yourself that you actually stop walking and start strutting to the congratulatory theme tune in your head?

I am so not having one of those days. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The man not coming home today because 10 minutes before clocking out the contractor he was waiting for all day rang him that he'll be there soon, which means working late and it would make more sense for him staying up in Dublin so.

Annoying because we always listen to a D&D podcast in the evening and now I have to wait until tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Uuuuuugh after work meetings when hungry and tired .....ie. painfully boring Croke Park hours grumble grumble grumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Microwave for 4-6 minutes it said. 4 minutes later I have a dish the temperature of the surface of the sun.

I find it, 4 minutes still freezing. 4 mins 20 seconds like the surface of the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

About 15 years ago I was flying to Canada for Christmas. I flew from Dublin to Heathrow and while I was in Heathrow I got a call. This was before international id and roaming charges were astronomical. I only answered the call because I thought it was family. It was some guy trying to get me to buy some sh!t. Once I realised it was a cold caller I said something along the line of "I don't have time and I'm not interested" and I hung up. He rang back 2 minutes later and again I answered just in case but he must have been having a bad day at work because he was like "you stupid b!tch, you are a cnunt...". I cut him off mid rant and unsurprisingly I never heard from them again. He must have been having a super bad day to ring me back, just to call me a cnut lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Irrational jealousness!

I really like my neighbours very much, they're nice people and they live in a council house. The council was doing work here over the last few weeks and she chanced it asking the contractors for a few insulation works to be done, she knows one of them privately and the council actually accepted and is now doing the work in their house. They get the attic insulated, the walls filled and plumbing in the bathroom updated.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for her because I know how expensive that all is... But I'd need all that work done too, we own our house and we can't afford getting our walls pumped at the moment because we had a few unexpected things to spend money on
    Ah well, maybe next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Fellas over the age of 16 (Maybe 18 if you're being generous) who wear club GAA tops with their initials sewn in to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

LirW not a bit irrational. It annoyed the hell out of me to see others being handed things that I had to slog for years to get. Putting up with a crap job to get money to renovate my house, and now I'm told isn't it well for me, I have it all. Sorry, rant over!

I find it, 4 minutes still freezing. 4 mins 20 seconds like the surface of the sun.

That reminds me: my microwave only lets me change the time in 10 seconds slots, and nothing less, but I find that 1min 20sec is too much for my milky coffee, and 1min 10sec isn't enough. Annoying, in a trivial way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

There's a girl's Profile popping up on the side of my Facebook that has a really stand-out picture of her Mother as the main pic. Her Mother is dead. I keep getting a fright everytime I see it! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Bad dreams that feel real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have a pair of runners/walking shoes and I can't understand how they look huge on my feet. They're a good fit and comfortable. I put some of my others beside them and they look the same size. Yet when on they make my size 8 look like 12s

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement