Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have a pair of runners/walking shoes and I can't understand how they look huge on my feet. They're a good fit and comfortable. I put some of my others beside them and they look the same size. Yet when on they make my size 8 look like 12s

Are you sure they are not clown shoes? :pac:

My TA, how the hell am I this starving and it's not even close to lunch time yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Been eating healthily for months not a comment.

One piece of chocolate cos it's a tough week and "Should you be having that ?"

Goest though and procreate with thyself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Are you sure they are not clown shoes? :pac:

No but that's the way they seem to me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No but that's the way they seem to me.

I bet the laces are closer to the toe than what you normally wear and they are a little more narrow. That normally messes with your perception of shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I just found my very first grey hair. In my eyebrow. Wtf?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Listening to coast to coast fm paranormal podcasts before bed time and freak myself out then :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I had palpitations before I left home because of the worry and all. Now I'm here and still have them? Chill out body, everything is fine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've not been feeling great in my head the past few days, raging that I couldn't get my assessment started and panicking because the deadline isn't getting any further away.

Today it dawns on me to check the makeup of my multi vit and there it is, the demon compound that causes a lot of these problems.

TA'ed that I forgot to check for this compound before I bought them, I really really should know better than to think an off the shelf vit would suit me. Raging that I have to go across town to get the right ones(there are very few places that stock them) AND that I lost all the assessment time to my own stupidity.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Technology being an ar$e-hole again. :rolleyes::mad::mad: Memory is running out on my Phone so I tried to store some Apps on Memory Card that had been saved to Phone to free up some Internal Memory on Phone. There deffo is loads of free space on Memory Card but when I go to save an App I get a Message that there isn't enough space on Memory Card. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Technology being an ar$e-hole again. :rolleyes::mad::mad: Memory is running out on my Phone so I tried to store some Apps on Memory Card that had been saved to Phone to free up some Internal Memory on Phone. There deffo is loads of free space on Memory Card but when I go to save an App I get a Message that there isn't enough space on Memory Card. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. :(:(

I stand to be corrected on this, when I bought a memory card for my phone for the same reason as you, I was told only photos and videos go to the card,you can't move apps to the card.

I had to buy a new phone, it couldn't update or anything.

Forgot to say, what worked for a while was disabling the apps I didn't use, but that didn't last long either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Whocanibe wrote: »
    I stand to be corrected on this, when I bought a memory card for my phone for the same reason as you, I was told only photos and videos go to the card,you can't move apps to the card.

I had to buy a new phone, it couldn't update or anything.

Forgot to say, what worked for a while was disabling the apps I didn't use, but that didn't last long either.

It depends on how you have setup the card. If you set it up as portable storage you cannot move apps. If you set it up as internal storage you can move apps.

https://support.google.com/android/answer/6088895?hl=en

It depends on how you have setup the card. If you set it up as portable storage you cannot move apps. If you set it up as internal storage you can move apps.

https://support.google.com/android/answer/6088895?hl=en

Thanks for that, that's interesting, I'm not sure if I could do that on other phone. I had a look at my phone just now to try it, and just wiped my photos. :eek: :pac: It's a new phone so had transferred all my pics off my card, so only a couple on it, phew. :D

TA at myself, I really should stay away from things I know nothing about. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Lost a big Sales deal today and am a mixture of furious and devastated. Sulking around the office like no-one's business.

Will be back on form like a rottweiler tomorrow and will probably decide not to take no for an answer. But for today. A giant FCUK YOU to prospective clients who take take take and give absolutely nothing in return.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shouty bus drivers your man gave me the wrong change and I forgot to take my to ticket and he nearly shouted the bus down, calm down :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

My dog gets so excited to see me when i come home from school and in the excitement this evening I accidentally poked him in the eye. I'm going to hell :(

Waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting!

I'm sick so I made tea and got into bed and was going to watch some TV. My TA is that the remote control is over there...*points* and I put my tea down over there...*points*, and I'm here and I'm too achy to get up and get either. Life is so hard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't you have a bell you can ring for service, Candie? They're awful handy.

My staff are all absent at the moment. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've got a bell like that but i think it's broken. Nobody comes when i ring it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Then you need some of these.

picker-upper-tool-multi-spider-picker-upper-tool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

These spongs who come on to Current Affairs radio shows and who say “thanks for having me on” No fuhhrking need for that ,just say good morning ,good evening, good night, and get on with the fuhherking interview.

Breaks up the whole introductory sequence...........Stoooooooop it.

Simon Coveney are u listening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Me: when you receive your appointment letter, you need to contact us and confirm you will be attending your appointment, it says it on the letter (which was sent 3 weeks ago)
    Traveller: sure I can't read
    WELL HOW DID YOU KNOW TO COME TODAY THEN????

A little TA'd at myself for spending so much money in the last few days, but I've had a lot of one off things to buy. Come to think of it, I haven't actually bought anything that I didn't really need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

These spongs who come on to Current Affairs radio shows and who say “thanks for having me on” No fuhhrking need for that ,just say good morning ,good evening, good night, and get on with the fuhherking interview.

Breaks up the whole introductory sequence...........Stoooooooop it.

Simon Coveney are u listening?

I heard on a programme a wee while ago, as conversation ended (think it was radio...or tipping point :rolleyes:)

She says..... thanks for having me

He says......thanks for coming.....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Went to the dentist and had the most bloody painful scale and polish of my life. Scraping my teeth with some medieval hook-like torture device was among the most uncomfortable feelings I've ever had.

Also have to get a mouth guard built because I've been grinding the teeth off myself with the stress in recent months. I've now got an uber headache from the scaling hell and a massive bill for the pleasure of it.

Shyte day. Fcuk off now please Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Week two of back to school. So far have had concussion (5yrold), shingles (7yrold) and now thread worm. Sigh

Wait for the headlice texts to start!

To thine own self be true

Wait for the headlice texts to start!

Every parent should be issued this stuff a week or 2 before school starts back.

noImageAvailable&resMode=sharp2&id=KD1Sb0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=280&hei=280
    It wont solve the problem, but reduce it quite a bit.

Work is so slow today, it's going to be a long day I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Pointing the Firestick remote the wrong way at the TV and fast forwarding instead of rewinding :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

erica74 wrote: »
    Me: when you receive your appointment letter, you need to contact us and confirm you will be attending your appointment, it says it on the letter (which was sent 3 weeks ago)
    Traveller: sure I can't read
    WELL HOW DID YOU KNOW TO COME TODAY THEN????

TA'd how difficult it is to work in the Airline industry these days.

Wrecked from exams and possibly sick so i am TA its not the end of the day yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The school/college traffic.

Dangerous cyclists.

Lost van drivers.

People walking on the road.

People walking out to cross a road when there's a pedestrian crossing 2 metres from them.

Cars bombing and breaking red lights.

Wreckless taxi drivers.

Massive SUVs driven by tiny people.

A fun stress-free drive to work this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Traffic light sequences that haven't been thought through properly. Nothing more annoying than sitting waiting to turn left at a T junction and the traffic turning right from the main road has a right filter but you don't get given a left one. I have three of these on my drive to work and there's absolutely no reason why we couldn't be turning left - no pedestrian crossings, nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Cyclists who think it's okay to ride on pavements, LUAS platforms and go through a red when they "think" no one is passing.

Abbey St red line stop at 5pm daily - all inhuman life is there.

Decision Tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

I don’t know if this is a bit more than a TA for me cos I’m raging, but there’s a real boys club culture in my workplace and I’ve brought it up to my (female) manager that I feel the guys are given more opportunities than me or the other women on the team at every one to one and she’s agreed and said things will be divvied out more equally.

Cut to now, one of the most important things that’s happened to our team is going on and there’s a special project. Who gets put on the special project? All the lads. Who gets to cover all the day to day ****e work? Muggins here. If it’s a case that my work wasn’t up to scratch, it’d be fair enough, but I’ve gotten consistently better QA results than the guys and I know I’m well able.
    Just getting so disheartened with all the politics and cliques :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just had a meeting that lasted an hour and a half. Could've been done in half that time only one guy kept saying the same thing over and over and over and over. Not even in different ways, it was the same point just repeated about 50 times. The struggle to keep from rolling my eyes at him was real.

Got a new leap card today to replace my lost one and it looks like it broken already, NFC on phone isn't reading it *cross face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to find a research subject, one that I can quote two well-known organisations in, find factors that are inherent to the geographical location which influences the subject.

With a deadline, a toothache but without a printer to download the info or the ability to do the slightest thing that needs focus.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA Pringles sprinkle the magical saltiness on the convex side of the crisps. Whatever possessed them, and why do they persist ?

Also TA at the cute little salad I got for lunch today. It could have been the perfect mini egg mayo salad : bitta egg, bitta coleslaw, bitta cucumber and carrots, on a bed of curly lettuce, and a mini fork to eat on the go. And only 2.50!
    Except the bed of lettuce was like big massive leaves folded, and since I had only a mini plastic fork, it was either tear the mayo coated leaves with my fingers, or hoover them up like a giant rabbit.
    I went for the latter.
    (I must have looked like Mr Bean too)

Oh, and I have baby shark stuck in my head.

FML !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When Bord Gas text me about bill payment and there's still four days until it's actually due!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA Pringles sprinkle the magical saltiness on the convex side of the crisps. Whatever possessed them, and why do they persist ?

Also TA at the cute little salad I got for lunch today. It could have been the perfect mini egg mayo salad : bitta egg, bitta coleslaw, bitta cucumber and carrots, on a bed of curly lettuce, and a mini fork to eat on the go. And only 2.50!
    Except the bed of lettuce was like big massive leaves folded, and since I had only a mini plastic fork, it was either tear the mayo coated leaves with my fingers, or hoover them up like a giant rabbit.
    I went for the latter.
    (I must have looked like Mr Bean too)

Oh, and I have baby shark stuck in my head.

FML !

Baby Shark do do dodododo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Pre-ordered the Soft Cell box set from Amazon last April.
    Released Friday 7th.
    Finally posted yesterday.
    Got text this morning from An Post "Your package is out for delivery"
    Tracking details say delivered at 6.00pm
    There was someone here all day aside from 9.00am
    No package arrived.

I forgot to get parsley for my carbonara

• Advertisement

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! There shouldn't be any parsley in carbonara!!!

New Home wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! There shouldn't be any parsley in carbonara!!!

You think? I always find it adds something extra to it :p

Ketchup would, too. :/

I mean, there's no accounting for taste, and all that, but...

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    You think? I always find it adds something extra to it :p

NO no no, bacon and chicken are the only optional extras.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    NO no no, bacon and chicken are the only optional extras.

I did have bacon in it :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement