Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When your SO goes to bed early on a Friday and Saturday night. Might as well be a f***ing weekday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Not understanding abbreviations like SO and ED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sorry - SO = significant other

Thats Sh1t everlast. Havent got the same problem not in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

KatW4 wrote: »
    Being followed. Pure stupidity by absolute idiots but it's annoying that they're there every time I step foot outside the door on a Saturday night. Do grown adults not have better things to worry about/do?
    :eek: are you safe

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 13 Farmer Tom

ED = erectyle dysfunction

Im learning something every day thanks farmer Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Mine's called Tom (time of the month). Tom's a c*nt. But at least he tells me I'm not preggers. That's too much responsibility right now.

My TA is that I'm on honeymoon and the rain today would put Ireland to shame with the strength of it! Nothing for it but COCKTAILS!

Forget about the tail...its your honeymoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

are you safe

I am, thanks for asking :). They just come to the same place as us, look around until they see we are there, give us a dirty look and leave again.

TA: I'm so tired but up for rehearsals this morning. Won't have a break until Thursday with rehearsals. I'll need a holiday after this show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I'm down home this weekend. I got up ten minutes ago and went to make coffee.

I am greeted with this: "oh look she decides to rise"

Would you ever go way and **** yourself. You know well I'm busting my arse during the week at the moment working full time, studying for professional exams on top of that, plus all the usual cooking, laundry etc. **** sake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    They just come to the same place as us, look around until they see we are there, give us a dirty look and leave again.

Creepy :/ !

Ta'd at how fast the weekend went :/.

I can't be the only one who stops reading threads when it becomes a wall of text competition with endless multi quoting posts on fine details. It ruins a thread imo, it adds nothing as it becomes a tit-for-tat between a couple of posters, and it's irritating to see interesting debate become about the usual suspects locked in wordy combat because neither will let go of the last word. Usually neither comes out looking particularly smart as the arguments get more and more obtuse.

TA at endless multi-quote marathons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not a TA, more a yuck factor x100000000000000000000000000000000000.
    Elderly couples on my doorstep canvassing for "pro-life/ anti-choice" organisations.
    What sends it into the yuck x yuck, the elderly man explaining to me the contents of a uterus.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

TA at the pot calling the kettle black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

It’s very cold in Paris 3° feels like -2°

It’s very cold in Paris 3° feels like -2°

I never knew you were in paris, kept that quiet. :D

That joke is almost as old as the Venus de Milo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That would cost an arm. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stupid sinuses.
    For some reason, having a few pints makes them act up like hell. First drop of beer in over a month and today felt like someone had hit me in the nose with a hammer while simultaneously trying to crush my eyeballs and pull out my teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cereal boxes that are too tall to fit in the presses

• Advertisement

TA at the general festering naked hatred so often on display in AH. It's getting harder and harder to read.

I don't know why I bother any more tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Endless criticism. Not just of me, the culprit is just endlessly negative to everything. So, so draining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Candie wrote:
    TA at the general festering naked hatred so often on display in AH. It's getting harder and harder to read.

I don't know why I bother any more tbh.

It seems to be more prevalent now doesn't it. I like discussions with opposing views but very quickly that can seem to become a battle rather than a discussion.

Some options:
    Report the posts
    Block the poster (doesn't work on app)
    Unfollow the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Cereal boxes that are too tall to fit in the presses

And while I'm on the subject, tins that don't stack in to each other, Bachelors I’m looking at you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Am really cosy on the couch buried into my blanket like a sausage, but I need to pee. TA'd that other people can't pee for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

When I'm clearing the dinner plates from the table and a knife falls off halfway between table
    and sink ...it always happens...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Monday tomorrow.........

qsttza_th.gif~c200

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Visa Receipts. I fill diesel every Sunday night. Same station , same girl behind the counter every week. Pay with card. My TA is the card machine prints off the till receipt first then my receipt second. The shopkeeper holds onto my card while they print for what feels like ages and then has to open the till and put first receipt in. This whole process only takes like 15 seconds but, just give me my card back and let me go.

TA 2, is how impatient I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I have a long day today, with something to drive to and attend for 3 hours after work, so I went to bed early... and woke up an hour and a half early. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

finally get the kids off to sleep, go downstairs to quietly clean up the bombsite they left behind and every single toy I pick up sparks into life with a stupid song or melody or catchphrase with no OFF button in sight, waking up the kids, and forcing the whole cycle to restart. jesus h.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Every fecking Monday morning, eejit work colleague going on about soccer. "We were beaten". Ah shut up, you've never even been to England. Soft fool.

Flight not til 2245!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It should be against the law to be made get out of bed when its this cold. I was not built for early mornings or this kind of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When you have a missed call from someone and you ring them back 10 seconds later and they don't answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

erica74 wrote: »
    When you have a missed call from someone and you ring them back 10 seconds later and they don't answer!

Or what about when you text someone, and they ring you back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you are woken up early on a Sunday morning by delivery guys from Ikea.

1) You are woken up early
    2) If it's being delivered, it's a big one, so cancel all plans for Sunday morning so that you can start your battle with screws and assembling things the wrong way.
    3) The effort.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    When you are woken up early on a Sunday morning by delivery guys from Ikea.

1) You are woken up early
    2) If it's being delivered, it's a big one, so cancel all plans for Sunday morning so that you can start your battle with screws and assembling things the wrong way.
    3) The effort.

I seriously think a good sunday screwing is not a TA :pac:

Idiots driving on the roadworks at over 100 on the M7.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loud sneezing/coughing (seriously why so loud)

People saying wrong names (I'm guilty sometimes of that but it irritates me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Lack of basic manners boils my piss.
    The worst part is that I’m too polite to call the pricks out on it, so double TA I’m too soft.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Moderators deciding on an entirely arbitrary basis what constitutes an old thread bump and then locking said thread which could still be perfectly useful and worth adding to. Just cos it was dormant that doesn't it's dead.

A reminder that this thread is not to be used for complaining about boards or the people of boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Claire Danes.

Just started Homeland...she's ruining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Timer for the boiler keeps knocking off so we have it left off till we can get someone out to look at it. As a result the house was frickin Baltic this morning when we got up. Couldn't be arsed with anything today.

"Windows is updating. Do not turn off your computer."

Sure, I will just sit here and watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ring ring
    “Hello?”
    Hello can I speak to ****
    “Yes speaking”
    Hello this is *** from ***** for security reasons can you confirm your address and date of birth
    “Nope, you called me”
    For verification purposes we need you to confirm...
    “Nope”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Supermarket checkouts are a constant, permanent TA. Or a list of TAs. I could write a whole thread on it.

People standing up my ass as I'm unloading my trolley. Nosy people eyeballing all of my items as I unload my trolley. People talking loudly on the phone in the checkout line. People who bring about 27 items into the express lane.

The cashiers who keep shovelling items through at twice the pace than you can pack it like it's an olympic sport , then stare blankly as you frantically try to pack the rest of it and pay the bill whilst trying to not keep people waiting. Equally the customers who don't pack fast enough so their groceries are still in the packing area while ALL of your stuff goes through.

People that pick a fight with the cashier because an item isn't ringing up the same price as the sale sign. And have no qualms about holding up the entire queue.

I don't know how there aren't more murders at supermarkets generally. It brings out the most primitive human behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Work...and the certain plagerising arseholes in work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Watching the youngest at her swimming lesson and about to pass out with the heat in here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I think my neighbour thinks I'm her mother :/ I don't mind doing her the odd favour but she's really milking it these last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Stop the world, I want to get off:

27503887_10157044581737678_398435552709076384_o.jpg?oh=f677454f3bf85a7e56f0c914ea4def86&oe=5B20800E

Dial Hard wrote: »
    They are currently doing civil engineering in the car park of my local Lidl precisely because people insist on parking practically *in* the shop

So on the VERY DAY they finished these works, this clown actually pulled up here, jumped out and went in to do his shopping. I actually cannot cope with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

^^^ are you permanently parked there on lookout? :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement