Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you got this error, the problem may be bigger than just your card

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=461323&d=1536966253

That is indeed the message but I updated the app and its working now it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My liver hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If you need a hand with the sudocreme application, thighs and boobage, I'll be glad to lend both hands :)
    It's a two man job surely. I'd like to apply for the post of boob-boy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People telling me how lovely my narcissist of a mother is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My liver hurts.

What did you do to it :pac:?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Unless I've said this already, I hate when people say the letter "Ah" instead of A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

having a migraine and people making noise around me, which makes it worse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Three things.

Being surrounded by f**ked up people.
    Being surrounded by drugs.
    The way my mother thinks she knows best, when at times she really doesn't.

I'm an almost 30 year old bloke, currently still live at home, last week my folks had an argument, it's down to my father possibly being bipolar. Right now he is down as suffering from depression and anxiety. And takes meds for it and also self medicates with cannabis use, doesn't do him any good, and he's been told about using anti depressants with cannabis and it's not good for the chemical balance in his brain, but it's like talking to a wall with him, Last week he flew off the handle over something really stupid and the mother has been staying with her sister all week, so the house has been depressing and too quiet, I'm stuck with him and all the house work, cooking, cleaning, shopping, looking after animals, he won't do a tap of work around the house either.

He's been missing his mental health meetings and isn't arsed attending his doctors appointments and just sits around with a face on him, up all night watching all sorts of noisy garbage on his phone, spending what little money he gets on weed, pollutes the house with it and sleeps all day then. Fairly sure he's bipolar and needs to be checked out and given different meds, and the cannabis problem is something to behold, I've never seen someone who has such a dependence on it and I've been around it a lot over the years though friends, other relatives, house parties. I know it's not going to kill you but if you touch that stuff if you have a mental illness it does f**k with your marbles, so I hate the stuff.

On the weekend just gone the mother came up to get a few bits and pieces before going back up to her sisters and she told me to go to my cousins boyfriends 30th in this somewhat rough pub nearby just to get out of the house. I know the boyfriend well, and I can't say I like him that much, he's a chap I grew up with and the only thing we have in common is we like a few of the same bands but he's just a bit of a jackass and I've no idea what the cousin sees in him, they just don't seem like a good match to me. Drinks a bit too much hangs around with scumbags and really I think she can do a lot better. Like I'd talk to the guy or whatever but I wouldn't want my family dating him. Was pretty hesitant about going thinking there'll be nothing but rough people at it, and I wasn't in the mood, but the mother kept saying "go it'll do you good to go out"

So I bit the bullet, and I did what the mother said and went to the party with the optimism that there might be a few people I like there, which there would be. Within 20 minutes of my arrival, nearly all the people of my age group were out in the beer garden taking lines of cocaine off the top of wheelie bins that were stacked up against a wall including the cousins boyfriend. Must have been a dozen people taking it between the beer garden out in the open where everyone could see and more of them in the toilets at it and it progressed in frequency throughout the night

The one night you'd seek an escape...

What I'd give for a little house up in the mountains...with broadband....because....f**k people.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    [...] The one night you'd seek an escape...

None of that is trivial. Take care of yourself.

Candie wrote: »
    None of that is trivial. Take care of yourself.

I suppose, I just saw the word annoyed and I needed to rant.

But thanks.

• Advertisement

I suppose, I just saw the word annoyed and I needed to rant.

But thanks.

Ah no, I wasn't saying it shouldn't be posted on the trivial things thread, more that it's a lot to deal with so look after yourself as best you can. :)

Ah no, I wasn't saying it shouldn't be posted on the trivial things thread, more that it's a lot to deal with so look after yourself as best you can. :)

Haha, you're grand.

Tell me about it, done my best to keep the head together, after that f**ked up party I came home in awful form, a bit drunk, and took the head off the father, roared at him to get his s**t together or mam won't come back.

Then he shouts back at me "don't shout at me full of drink" followed by "Move Out, Move Out" I shouted back "I can't afford to f**king move out!" he shouts back "That's not my problem"

He's a bipolar and clueless numpty, our family home always costed next to nothing, had the house from day 1 from the council, didn't matter if he was working, not working...always had a roof over his head, and people to clean up after him (his mother, then my mother, he's totally co-dependant, can't even work the washing machine or iron a f**king shirt for himself for God's sake) if he was my age now, he'd be single as f**k and living at home aswell. Just complete dog ignorance.

I'm taking a trip to my sisters this week hopefully, she doesn't know how lucky she is to not be living at home, she wouldn't last 5 minutes with this s**t

Also looking at houseshares, not what I desired but at least I'll get some bloody peace.

I'm taking a trip to my sisters this week hopefully to see my sibling, she doesn't know how lucky she is to not be living at home, she wouldn't last 5 minutes with this s**t

Also looking at houseshares, not what I desired but at least I'll get some bloody peace.

If there's any chance of you living with your sister, take it. Some situations can't be fixed unless everyone involved want it to be, and until that happens - if it ever does - it's just a toxic place to be. If you can't live with your sister, do your best to find that houseshare, it'll be enormously better than the stress of living at home for you. Best of luck with it all too.

If there's any chance of you living with your sister, take it. Some situations can't be fixed unless everyone involved want it to be, and until that happens - if it ever does - it's just a toxic place to be. If you can't live with your sister, do your best to find that houseshare, it'll be enormously better than the stress of living at home for you. Best of luck with it all too.

I would but I can't she's on a RAS scheme but she works full time and can't have other people living with her, not even her own boyfriend who she's been with for 6 years which is s**t, and she does have a nice spare room and everything, which is such a waste of a room. I am looking for a job down her way but the place also has outlets in 2 other counties so I could land the job in those places either which I wouldn't mind, I'm not that fussy, the application process is pretty lengthy, did out a long form followed by a lenghty questionnaire on Friday.

I'd like this job, it would be up my street and seems pretty stable and well paying enough. I'm only doing a bit of IT work here and there and jobs around here are either rubbish contract jobs or flexible hour stuff which I can't depend on. If I got this, I can pack my bags. I don't want a job where I take it, it's plain sailing, I move out, the contract expires and back home I go. I want to stay the f**k out.

Pray for me Candie (ha)....thanks I'll do my best.

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

Pales in comparison to recent posts but someone at work just said oh you got your hair cut did you? (No doubt being complimentary)

Unfortunately after a weekend of feeling utterly hopeless and losing my hair over the last few months through poor/no diet, back on track now, that's made feel even ****tier.

Ass clowns in the canteen that don't clean up after themselves and expect the canteen staff to clean up after them *cross face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

people who go into the middle lane of the eastlink tollbridge and are then surprised that they then have to put money in the basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The bus was late. It's fine, I expected as much with the weather and the schools.

What TA's me is people being overly dramatic at the inconvenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Forgot my water bottle and am far too lazy to walk the approximately 20 feet to the cooler so I guess I'll just sit here and die of thirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A nice day yesterday so I decided to take my dog for ramble round a small nearby park. From a distance, I observed a man (mid thirties maybe) with a small child about 4/5 and a small terrier on a leash. We walking towards each other, He appeared to be doing very slow laps...and we passed each other, I went on local shop, and passed him again on my way back thru the park. In all that time, he had his head stuck in his phone while the child seems to constantly call him and he ignored her. He also ignored the fact that as we passed his dog became very aggressive towards my (also leashed) dog. My dog is the canine equivalent of a hippy....very chilled and hassles no one, but don't piss him off��.
    The whole thing took about 25 mins, and he seemed completely oblivious to everything but his precious phone. Not so much a TA as a very sad scenario.

• Advertisement

Why oh why can't resteraunts here give a group a seperate bill each for just what they ordered, like they do abroad?
    I'm sick of going out in a gang to have a meal and there is always some stingey gorb who has starter, the MOST expensive main, dessert, coffee, brandy and a full bottle of pricey wine to themselves. They really rip the piss and everyone else gets stung paying the difference for their mea because it is divided equally :mad:
    If it was seperate bills you can bet they would be having the cheapest main course on the menu and jug of tap water.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A nice day yesterday so I decided to take my dog for ramble round a small nearby park. From a distance, I observed a man (mid thirties maybe) with a small child about 4/5 and a small terrier on a leash. We walking towards each other, He appeared to be doing very slow laps...and we passed each other, I went on local shop, and passed him again on my way back thru the park. In all that time, he had his head stuck in his phone while the child seems to constantly call him and he ignored her. He also ignored the fact that as we passed his dog became very aggressive towards my (also leashed) dog. My dog is the canine equivalent of a hippy....very chilled and hassles no one, but don't piss him off��.
    The whole thing took about 25 mins, and he seemed completely oblivious to everything but his precious phone. Not so much a TA as a very sad scenario.
    My niece and nephews came to visit us on Sunday with the parents. The kids lasted all off 10 seconds before the phones came out then they were on them until they left, forget about trying to talk to them :rolleyes:

Pounding headache. Begone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to help a client organise their new kitchen equipment, they want a deep fat fryer for a single person, we look online within her budget.
    One holds 0.7 kg of food and the other 0.5 kg(tho they each hold different quantities of cooking oil), she is all chatty about how she wants to use it but doesn't seem to have a clue about what the difference in size is.

The difference in price of the item is 10€, which for her is a lot of money.

TA/S that ppl still can't figure out that 0.5 is smaller than 0.7, how can ppl get through their life like that?

TA2 My assessment is full of quotes and the " key doesn't work on that computer, so it's '' every single time, literally doubling the work!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Ass clowns in the canteen that don't clean up after themselves and expect the canteen staff to clean up after them *cross face*

My first job was working as a cleaner in a supermarket when I was about 17. I'd usually do a few hours after school and one of my tasks was to clean the canteen. The canteen had about six fairly small square tables that could fit about four people.

Anyway, literally nobody threw anything in the bin for the whole day. So by the time I got up there at about 7:00pm, each table had literally mountains of old food and wrappers for the whole day. There were yogurt cartons from people's evening breaks, sitting on up of left over chicken and veg from the lunch, sitting on top of left over sausages from breakfast. Not to mention dozens of dirty plates and bowls and cutlery. The last time the tables were cleaned was by me 24 hours previously despite the canteen having bins on the way out.

At 17 and still wet behind the ears, I didn't think much of it. But now, I'd love to go back in time and ask everyone there what the f*ck is wrong with you disgusting slobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The gallery on my phone won't open. Every time I try and open it, it just crashes. And I have a screenshot of my timetable for uni there and I can't get in to look at it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The gallery on my phone won't open. Every time I try and open it, it just crashes. And I have a screenshot of my timetable for uni there and I can't get in to look at it :mad:

Is it android? ..go to apps...find gallery, click on it and force close, then restart the phone...should sort it

what the f*ck is wrong with you disgusting slobs.

I think this every time I eat at McDonald's (too often) and see people leave their shyte everywhere.

Is it android? ..go to apps...find gallery, click on it and force close, then restart the phone...should sort it

I just tried that and still no joy. So annoying!

• Advertisement

Maybe go to play store and see if an update is a available...or go back to apps and reset gallery to day one status... that'll get rid of all updates and might sort it

But now, I'd love to go back in time and ask everyone there what the f*ck is wrong with you disgusting slobs.

My thinking too, not that hard to put your tray on the conveyor belt yolk :3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try and connect the phone to a computer, you should be able to access the folders from there. (provided you have a computer at hand :/)

Maybe go to play store and see if an update is a available...or go back to apps and reset gallery to day one status... that'll get rid of all updates and might sort it

I tried in the play store and there's no updates. I think I have to actually go into the app to reset it to day one status, the option isn't there in the apps part.
    New Home wrote: »
    Try and connect the phone to a computer, you should be able to access the folders from there. (provided you have a computer at hand :/)

Might have to do that :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or, try and access the gallery through whatsapp, maybe you'll be able to see it then. :) Good luck with it, anyway.

Or, try and access the gallery through whatsapp, maybe you'll be able to see it then. :) Good luck with it, anyway.

I can access it through Whatsapp alright, I've been sending pictures to my mam this evening. Just such an inconvenience though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I can access it through Whatsapp alright, I've been sending pictures to my mam this evening. Just such an inconvenience though

You can whatapp messages to yourself . Rather can go through another person use your own number and send the photos to yourself

If resetting doesn't work, download another app from the playstore, Piktures...works like gallery...only a little better...should sort you then

Don't know if I've mentioned it before, but if I haven't, then I should have.

Do you know those ads about washing powders/liquids/caps/pods/beads/softeners/stain removers/whatever else there may be which is washing machine related? Do you know when they add a full dose of said product to the washing machine, and then proceed to start a wash with ONE single item (or at least, not with a full load)? Well THOSE! THOSE ANNOY ME sooooo much!!!

Don't know if I've mentioned it before, but if I haven't, then I should have.

Do you know those ads about washing powders/liquids/caps/pods/beads/softeners/stain removers/whatever else there may be which is washing machine related? Do you know when they add a full dose of said product to the washing machine, and then proceed to start a wash with ONE single item (or at least, not with a full load)? Well THOSE! THOSE ANNOY ME sooooo much!!!

Or when they supposedly run a wash and then take out a dry and ironed shirt. I'd love one of those magic machines.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I have a relative who is too much a princess to do his own chores, Im constantly having to duck and dive from the jobs he has 'allocated' for me to do.
    I was forced to share time with him today and was tuning in and out of his monologue, I hear 'drop those down to x place and they'll be ready for my day off', I mention that we are in the path of the hurricane and may not be able to get back from work.

The response to this was, 'It would be so handy, could pick them up on my day off, the storm won't be that bad'.
    yea handy!

Feeling the love alright, handy for him trumps my safety.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have a relative who is too much a princess to do his own chores, Im constantly having to duck and dive from the jobs he has 'allocated' for me to do.
    I was forced to share time with him today and was tuning in and out of his monologue, I hear 'drop those down to x place and they'll be ready for my day off', I mention that we are in the path of the hurricane and may not be able to get back from work.

The response to this was, 'It would be so handy, could pick them up on my day off, the storm won't be that bad'.
    yea handy!

Feeling the love alright, handy for him trumps my safety.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tell him to F Off and do his own chores :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

LOUD people.
    The person you are yelling at speaking to is right opposite you. Keep it ****ing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Losing my AirPods

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Try_harder wrote: »
    Losing my AirPods

Having to Google what AirPods are!!!!

Thought they were runners tbh!!!!

Tell him to F Off and do his own chores :mad:

Indeed, two things happen if I do that, their stalker qualities kick in and they keep nagging until I forget I refused and do it for peace and quite OR they will go to my sis who is ill and badger her to badger me to do it.

TA the way some Irish mammies thaught their children to think about other ppl.

I'm on last day of antibiotics and not better at all. Thought of going back to GP is very TA'ing.

Waking up with a sore throat :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Waking up with a sore throat :(

Had the same today. Tea helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Cancelling the marriage notification appointment because my paperwork still isn't at the embassy. It's been forever now.

Tell me again how doing the marriage thing is super easy, cheap and straight forward, more or less a lunchtime trip :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement