Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

northgirl wrote: »
    I think this every time I eat at McDonald's (too often) and see people leave their shyte everywhere.
    The cinema too. When a gang of yoots leaves the area they were sitting in looks like a bomb-site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Had the same today. Tea helps.

Tea is helping. Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Bowls that attain the approximate temperature of the sun in the microwave while the contents remain resolutely tepid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Bowls that attain the approximate temperature of the sun in the microwave while the contents remain resolutely tepid.
    Check your bowl for chips or cracks. The crack makes the bowl absorb most of the heat rather than the food in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I keep seeing memes related to Salisbury cathedral, but have no idea of the thing it is referencing . Seems to involve the Russians, maybe...
    And no, I don't want to Google it, I think I'm going to just make my own news stories based purely ON my interpretation of memes in YLYL and roll with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

When you win a small prize on a lottery ticket and carry it round in your pocket for days but just can't remember to cash it.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

lsBbJt1ao9CV.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I've read a while ago that some cheaper dishes have a certain content of metal particles that cause this deadly temperature.
    I have a cup that I usually warm my milk in and that doesn't heat up. That's the sole reason why it's my fav cup, even though it's hideous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Check your bowl for chips or cracks. The crack makes the bowl absorb most of the heat rather than the food in it.

Uhmmmm must have a word with the other half:confused:

• Advertisement

I can help you out with this conundrum. The heat the vessel attains is influenced by two factors, the composition and the glaze. Stoneware crockery absorbs and retains more heat than most other kinds of crockery because of the mix of materials it's composed of, and the kind of glazes usually used with stoneware allow the waves to penetrate into the composition rather than reflect them.

Difference ceramics are composed of differing quantities of various materials but the upshot is that if you want your food heated and your vessel relatively cool, choose white porcelain because it'll absorb less heat into the material and the glaze will reflect/repel more microwaves than other choices.

PS: Cracks get hot because they're unglazed where they're broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Candie wrote: »
    I can help you out with this conundrum. The heat the vessel attains is influenced by two factors, the composition and the glaze. Stoneware crockery absorbs and retains more heat than most other kinds of crockery because of the mix of materials it's composed of, and the kind of glazes usually used with stoneware allow the waves to penetrate into the composition rather than reflect them.

Difference ceramics are composed of differing quantities of various materials but the upshot is that if you want your food heated and your vessel relatively cool, choose white porcelain because it'll absorb less heat into the material and the glaze will reflect/repel more microwaves than other choices.

PS: Cracks get hot because they're unglazed where they're broken.

:eek:

Forking awesome.

Take a forrhking bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

TA I really missed this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Ploughing championships....not a flying fornication do I give for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Pillows - never the right amount of fluffiness.

And the inevitable neck pain it causes, when you instantly turn your head.... forgetting you slept on it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Ploughing championships....not a flying fornication do I give for it

Try living in Tullamore during it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Getting off the train there were huge crowds waiting to board the train- there was only a single file space to pass through- ok I thought, expect I felt a push on my back, a quick turn and glare rectified that situation thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cheeky car dealership trying to renege on the 2 years free service we got when we bought our car. Argued with them till they gave it to us but they then proceeded to act like they were doing us a favour. Eh no you cheap bastard! You agreed to this! It's not a favour, it's what we agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Cheeky car dealership trying to renege on the 2 years free service we got when we bought our car. Argued with them till they gave it to us but they then proceeded to act like they were doing us a favour. Eh no you cheap bastard! You agreed to this! It's not a favour, it's what we agreed.

They’ll probably lift the bonnet and do........sweet fa.😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Massive panic attacks and feeling like I've been had the sh*te bate outta me after them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Try_harder wrote: »
    Try living in Tullamore during it!

Off to the TH thread that my station is on a different line!

Condolences sir!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ass clowns who don't look where there walking and crash into you despite you're best efforts to to avoid them and then they look at you as if you're in the wrong when you don't say sorry *cross face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Another ebay item thats free post to UK but 0.40 to post here. Still cheap but TA

Ass clowns who don't look where there walking and crash into you despite you're best efforts to to avoid them and then they look at you as if you're in the wrong when you don't say sorry *cross face*

Since when did it become "rude" to shout "unless Apple have have got an app called iPeriscope - look where you're f**king going" ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

TA at weather forecasters calling the expected wet weather " a rain event".

No folks, the Ploughing Championships is an event.
    My Auntie Nuala's upcoming 85th birthday party is an event.
    The Pope's visit...guess what... that's an event too.

A bit of bad weather is not a fcuking "event" !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I didn't get an invite to Aunty Nuala's birthday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

She's a real goer, even at the age of 85. Not gonna lie. TA that she probably has more energy at that age, than I do now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

When you win a small prize on a lottery ticket and carry it round in your pocket for days but just can't remember to cash it.:mad:

I scanned a ticket once with those self service checkers that shops have and for the first time in my life I didn’t get a winner/not a winner message

It said something about “contact staff or lotto HQ”

That’s it, I’ve won!!! Why else would I have to contact staff

Nah, the scanner was bust and I won nothing. :(

My boss not realising as yet that others have important stuff on and can't drop everything to his whims!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

My 35 minute walk across Galway City took 50 minutes this morning thanks to the wind blowing me backwards at every opportunity. My face still hurts from where I got smacked with a branch and there's dust under my contact lenses.

And of course, 5 minutes after I arrive the college sends out an email telling people not to come in:rolleyes:

Frigating wrote: »
    My 35 minute walk across Galway City took 50 minutes this morning thanks to the wind blowing me backwards at every opportunity. My face still hurts from where I got smacked with a branch and there's dust under my contact lenses.

And of course, 5 minutes after I arrive the college sends out an email telling people not to come in:rolleyes:

Ah man !!!!!

That's brutal!!!

• Advertisement

Feel like I'm coming down with something, but I can't go to a doctor because my EHIC was out of date and I didn't realise. Have to wait for a new one to arrive at home and for my mam to post it to me. TA'd at the fact that I feel sick and at the oversight of not checking the date on my card :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can ask them to send "home" a temporary letter, they'll probably be able to email it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Feel like I'm coming down with something, but I can't go to a doctor because my EHIC was out of date and I didn't realise. Have to wait for a new one to arrive at home and for my mam to post it to me. TA'd at the fact that I feel sick and at the oversight of not checking the date on my card :rolleyes:

If you are in the UK they will accept an Irish passport .I know because it happened to my daughter and they accepted it in a walk in clinic in London

New Home wrote: »
    You can ask them to send "home" a temporary letter, they'll probably be able to email it to you.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If you are in the UK they will accept an Irish passport .I know because it happened to my daughter and they accepted it in a walk in clinic in London

Didn't know either of those things, if I get any worse I'll look into those options. Thank you both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Both my phones ringing simultaneously with scam calls. That's three in one hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

People !

Today everyone is annoying me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Both my phones ringing simultaneously with scam calls. That's three in one hour.

Hehehe I had some laugh this morning when I received one of those calls, let's just say I went full bogger accent and different language and in the end he didn't understand me :D

Brown-nosers at work.

Or "ankles" as some of my colleagues like to name them...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Hehehe I had some laugh this morning when I received one of those calls, let's just say I went full bogger accent and different language and in the end he didn't understand me :D

Troublemaker :3

• Advertisement

Day seven of my illegal interment with the plague.

The walls are closing in. The wardens refuse to listen to my preferences and continue to serve me the same slop. Sadly my voice is gone so I can't let my displeasure be known at the volume it deserves to be expressed. The lack of regular tea is nothing short of a human rights violation. Someone is determined to kill me by stealth as they let our aggressive and psychopathic cat into the bedroom while I slept, and I woke to him attacking my head with his claws. There was blood. Death of a thousand knives would be kinder. Perhaps when I'm gone they'll realize the error of their ways, but of course by then it'll be too late.

Goodbye cruel world.

Also, I'm bored. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Brown-nosers at work.

Or "ankles" as some of my colleagues like to name them...

Are you quite sure that that's what they're calling them?

Or could it be "anchors" with a silent w at the start?

Turnipman wrote: »
    Are you quite sure that that's what they're calling them?

Or could it be "anchors" with a silent w at the start?

No.. it's ankles alright.. there is an explanation :D

there is an explanation :D

Do tell :pac:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Do tell :pac:?

I'm guessing they are so far up the person's ass only their ankles can be seen :pac:

I'm guessing they are so far up the person's ass only their ankles can be seen :pac:

Yep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Having to apply for my own job!!!!

Having my job given to someone else!

Having my job given to someone else!

My boss asking someone who has been here 6 months a question about a job I did for 4 years!

GIT!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Driving lesson cancelled. Not their fault and ledt me disappointed but what can you do.

What's annoying is that I don't find out until 10 minutes before it was supposed to take place. Why is it so hard to just send me a text and let me know. Properly pissed off right now with that :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Having to work with someone who keeps disappearing when you have to do work with them and then when they reappear, they try to take over and undo all the good work you have already done thinking they can do it better. And they get away with it because they have hissy fits when something doesn't go their way. OK I'll stop now. Breathe :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement