Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Forgetting to buy Barry's tea bags, I'll have to walk back over to the shop now, all we have here is Lyons.......*gawks*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having to work with someone who keeps disappearing when you have to do work with them and then when they reappear, they try to take over and undo all the good work you have already done thinking they can do it better. And they get away with it because they have hissy fits when something doesn't go their way. OK I'll stop now. Breathe :(

They sound like a right auld ass clown anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

If you need a hand with the sudocreme application, thighs and boobage, I'll be glad to lend both hands :)
    It's a two man job surely. I'd like to apply for the post of boob-boy ;)

Hah oh I was the height of attractive-ness that day! :cool::pac: Too lazy and sore to make me call yere bluff hahaha. Things have 80-ish% de-rashified now thankfully. Although ..... a Single Child-less heading-for-forty year old Woman may not be the ideal Category to under-estimate!

I was checking my Mobile Credit Balance there so I noted what it was at one point, and then I sent one text to someone and noted what it was then in order to find out the exact Balance and what exactly was used last ie: 1 Single text. And I've just realized I got charged 39cent for a fracking Text!! 39cent! :mad::mad: :( My first thought was that maybe a long text would go into Multi-Media Message and they might be dearer, but no the details of the text say it's a SMS and not an MMS. So then I thought well maybe prime usage outside of my Vodafone Offer is dearer but that deffo couldn't be anything to do with it as I've just topped up 2 days ago. But just looked up online anyway and my Offer is Free Vodafone Texts and Free Vodafone Calls and 250Mb of Data and that's fine that's the Package I want, and outside of this Charges for Texts are 15c to other Irish Numbers. And this person is definitely in Ireland so I have no idea where the 39cent is coming from. And the Exact Balance is correct I havn't got it wrong because it's in print so I know that's correct. Am bowled over though as to where the 39cent is coming from. Feicing hell. And I've just looked at it again and details on the text say something about Status: 65536. No idea what that is or means. And now I'm wondering if it has been going on for long. 39c for a text is crazy and wouldn't be long eating up your Credit. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

northgirl wrote: »
    Having my job given to someone else!

Had to do that before too. Team from Poland spent 6 weeks with us in our office with us training them in our jobs.

Fcuking Facebook. There's important posts being put up about Trees down and Roads Closed etc. And there's loads of Comments added. All the Comments I want to see is new info about which Roads are cleared or any new Trees down that have come down in the last while, I don't want to see Comment after fcuking Comment after fcuking Comment of people tagging others.

Grrrrrrrrrrr I want to know which Roads are open or still closed, a lot around me were closed, some have since been opened but there's no Up-to-date List anywhere I can see... So many News Sources and wouldn't ya think they'd all work together and compile a List. Last News Reports seem to be from 5 hours ago but I'm sure some have been opened up again since then. Scrap this rant! I'll amend it a bit! Probably why I'm not seeing anything recent is Facebook's stoopid impossible to navigate Set-up!! It takes half an hour of trawling and digging to see something from 2/3 hours ago! Shows things from yesterday and this morning of no use to ya when ya don't need to see them at all. And impossible to find anything when ya do want to find something and have no way of recalling it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Forgetting to buy Barry's tea bags, I'll have to walk back over to the shop now, all we have here is Lyons.......*gawks*

You have the most TA of TA's right there like. What the hell!?!?!?!?!

More steroids. Head still hopping. Will this plague every begone!

Having my job given to someone else!

:eek: who took it?

Is it what like! :eek:

:pac:

Ta'd another storm on the way for the weekend -_-.

:eek: who took it?

Is it what like! :eek:

Ta'd another storm on the way for the weekend -_-.

Long story!

Best get that Barry's in before the next "storm"!! :pac:

I'm guessing they are so far up the person's ass only their ankles can be seen :pac:

Ewww :pac:

• Advertisement

Long story!

Best get that Barry's in before the next "storm"!! :pac:

Indeed! imagine if I ran out and had to drink lyons :eek: the horror of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Could have be worser

could be calling them 'toes'

Dunno if I mentionned I haz a Headcold and Sore Throat. ALL of teh misery right now. :rolleyes::mad::(:(

Dunno if I mentionned I haz a Headcold and Sore Throat. ALL of teh misery right now. :rolleyes::mad::(:(

Feel your pain.. :mad:

2nd course of steroids.. go away!!!!

Forgot my umbrella *cross face*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

No .... Bar - no can't even say it!!!

DEATH TO LYONS!!

Sharing office with 1 other today. Making as much noise as possible, "I'm so busy"!!! Yes, I know you are here and working. You don't need to make a song and dance about it. FTLOJ!

. FTLOJ!

LOL :D

Shivering with the cold even though I'm warm under the covers... Feel like puking every second minute. I need someone to mind me .. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I was at the large busy roundabout this morning at WUH just behind a mini bus and we were both taking the first left. There was a 'lady' in a Corsa coming up to the roundabout at our 3 O'Clock out of the hospital but otherwise a break in the traffic. The mini bus driver took the opportunity to scoot out and take a quick left. Corsa Lady jammed the accelerator and drove straight across the roundabout, starting in the left lane, veering into the right lane, before straightening up back into the left lane while keeping her hand on the horn all the way and braking hard when she got behind the minibus after exiting. Why TF do people do this? The mini bus didn't interfere with her in any way shape or form as the outward road was packed with cars and moving at a crawl anyway. The mini bus probably had the right of way anyway as it looked to me to be at the roundabout first. Plus its a large roundabout, If she hadn't driven illegally straight across two lanes and back she wouldn't even have got close to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Struggled home from work yes just as the worst of the winds passed over, my housemate is out the front picking up and using the blower to move a pile of leaves deposited there from all over the city.

Yup, an hour later he is complaining that the leaves are 'back'. TA at the stupidity of it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

SAMTALK wrote: »
    People !

Today everyone is annoying me

Yep they're at it again today :mad:

Of course it's them and not me !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Bastard fireworks freakin the bejaysus out of my dogs
    And it’s only mid September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Did my neck in yesterday. Can barely frickin move now. Gave up and went to the chemist near work for heat patches there and could barely even tie my hair up to put one on.

Supposed to have the first dance rehearsal for a show I'm in tonight and I'm going to have to miss it now, and look like a complete flake as a result :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The toilets in work. Piss on the seats. Skidmarks and Yeti like pubes everywhere. Dirty bastards.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to get annoyed with how websites like the BBC and Guardian are generating false interest in women's sport by dropping in deliberately misleading headlines that they know people will click on. Happened a few times recently where I'll see something like "Man City thrashed 5-0 by Arsenal" which gets attention and will prompt a look.

I feel they are shoehorning in women's sport and welding it on to men's sport and it's starting to get irritating to pretend women's sport is as interesting/entertaining.

I'm starting to get annoyed with how websites like the BBC and Guardian are generating false interest in women's sport by dropping in deliberately misleading headlines that they know people will click on. Happened a few times recently where I'll see something like "Man City thrashed 5-0 by Arsenal" which gets attention and will prompt a look.

I feel they are shoehorning in women's sport and welding it on to men's sport and it's starting to get irritating to pretend women's sport is as interesting/entertaining.

Hallelujah!!!! Beginning to think it was just me.

Read earlier "Roger Federer has won 20 Men's Grand Slam titles".

Any need ?

Hallelujah!!!!  Beginning to think it was just me.

Read earlier "Roger Federer has won 20 Men's Grand Slam titles".

Any need ?
    Well maybe not the best example but I get your point. I was bemused at the witch hunt of John McEnroe after he gave an honest answer about Serena Williams. Women's sport is fine but the pretence that it's the equal of men's sport is cringy.

Well maybe not the best example but I get your point. I was bemused at the witch hunt of John McEnroe after he gave an honest answer about Serena Williams. Women's sport is fine but the pretence that it's the equal of men's sport is cringy.

Everyone trying to justify women's sport goes to Billy Jean King beating Bobby Riggs.

King was 29 and No 1 in the world, Riggs was 55 and allegations about still that he threw the game.

No way the best woman player would beat any of the top few hundred men. McEnroe was right.

Edit - I'm a woman and I love my sport but Man City are Man City Man City Women are the ladies' side.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The toilets in work. Piss on the seats. Skidmarks and Yeti like pubes everywhere. Dirty bastards.

Similar complaints here as well, nobody seems to wash their fecking hands either! *cross*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Similar complaints here as well, nobody seems to wash their fecking hands either! *cross*

Just be glad they don't piss on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Bastard fireworks freakin the bejaysus out of my dogs
    And it’s only mid September!
    Those fuppen winkers have been at it since the beginning of September, feel sorry for all dogs having to experience those bleeding things go off every couple of seconds.
    My fella, is gone beyond scared after hearing them for the first time in his life.
    Think I might send him back to Connemara and me along with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On generating interest in female sport, the over-saturation of women doing male sports punditry. It's great that there are more female anchors in sport, and the wider media in general, and I think Joanne Cantwell will do well on the Sunday Game, but they always have a token woman now doing the highlights show in the GAA.

That's despite there being different rules between the men's and women's games in GAA. At least with tennis/athletics the same catch-all rules apply more or less and thus there can be a crossover of gender giving insights/reaction. I'm not saying that their opinion isn't valid, but they wouldn't bring in Henry Shefflin to analysis the camogie final (for example), so the opposite shouldn't apply with Cora Staunton commentating on men's games.

On generating interest in female sport, the over-saturation of women doing male sports punditry. It's great that there are more female anchors in sport, and the wider media in general, and I think Joanne Cantwell will do well on the Sunday Game, but they always have a token woman now doing the highlights show in the GAA.

That's despite there being different rules between the men's and women's games in GAA. At least with tennis/athletics the same catch-all rules apply more or less and thus there can be a crossover of gender giving insights/reaction. I'm not saying that their opinion isn't valid, but they wouldn't bring in Henry Shefflin to analysis the camogie final (for example), so the opposite shouldn't apply with Cora Staunton commentating on men's games.
    Agree. I think the whole idea of having ex-players is hit and miss to start with. I mean, Paul Scholes would never be box office TV. 
    But getting token women on to slice and dice up the games is just hard to listen to. A bit like listening to Americans commentating on soccer. Nothing innately wrong with it, and yet...........
    The girl power brigade have well and truly infiltrated the sports media, well done to them. But you'll never in a million years get me to really care for a woman's opinion on most (but not all) sports. They'll also never be as interesting a provocoteur as a Dunphy or a Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-This is not a discussion thread. It's a hit and run thread. Post your gripe to get it off your chest and move on. If you want to discuss a particular topic go to the relevant forum. I.E. GAA or Soccer [access required] etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

New fleeces for work are lovely and comfortable and ideal for the change in the weather.

But did you ever get that feeling of a coarse thread or something within the fleece that is sticking inwards and poking at you now and again? Yeah it is very TA'ing, particularly when I turn the fleece inside out thinking I have found the culprit, only for it to start itching/poking again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Driving in these conditions would people ever put on their lights, it would be nice to be able to see them

Autosport wrote: »
    Driving in these conditions would people ever put on their lights, it would be nice to be able to see them

Should be made mandatory IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Tired. Pissed off. Annoyed. I'm not sure in which order grrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

battery on phone is crap evey time i do anything the battery goes below 20% i barely get a day out of it - think i will swap back to my old phone. bulkier but might last longer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Being a dog owner in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not being able to talk properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm so tired, I feel like all the life has been drained out of me.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Shiiting mad last couple of days. Not the trots or anything, must ease back on the brown bread.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Not being able to talk properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m just gonna say online dating

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Everything was annoying today. At least it's nearly over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New Home wrote: »

It'a more that I'm just very very hoarse, but that gave me a good giggle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Feeling very emotional tonight. Very angry, very upset and just generally hopeless :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Lazy journalists adding “gate” to every issue

I was listening to a motor show and they used diesalgate

I fully expect overthebargate for a hurling game soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement