Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The medication I'm on makes me sweat a lot and it's horrendous with this humid weather.
    Actually, IS it humid or is it just me?
    I haven't a clue since I feel I'm living in sixty degree heat every day.

Longing for a cuppa and then making it but accidentally pouring in too much milk, rendering it undrinkable.

Lady pains and DOMs and having no pain relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The world has been going to pot since Helen Daniels died :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The unnecessary use of the word 'TEAM' in sport.

Latest $ky radio advert for the Ryder Cup....."watch Team Europe take on Team USA"

Or in the Olympics, Team GB or Team Ireland?

Leave out the word TEAM and its exactly the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Feeling very emotional tonight. Very angry, very upset and just generally hopeless :(

Hope you're feeling better this morning Shpud xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

The cyclist who rode up Abbey Street, had the rare cop on to realise the light was on red and that he should stop - and so went on the fupping pavement instead.

Where a LUAS queue was. In the pissing down rain.

All manner of ACME level things should happen to him!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fecking Ticketmaster.

'Queuing' well before the 9AM start time for Hozier tickets and seemingly it couldn't handle the volume of traffic. No joy.

And what's worse is the sense of anticipation when the 'please wait, searching for tickets' icon buffers for longer, only for the same 'sorry tickets are unavailable' message to appear. Again. For the gazillionth time.

There goes my day-off lie-in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My Dad's refusal to learn to use the mute button on the tv remote. So whenever he takes a phone call in the living room I have to laboriously press the tv volume all the way back up to the right level.

Do I win the thread?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fecking Ticketmaster.

'Queuing' well before the 9AM start time for Hozier tickets and seemingly it couldn't handle the volume of traffic. No joy.

And what's worse is the sense of anticipation when the 'please wait, searching for tickets' icon buffers for longer, only for the same 'sorry tickets are unavailable' message to appear. Again. For the gazillionth time.

There goes my day-off lie-in

My Dad's refusal to learn to use the mute button on the tv remote. So whenever he takes a phone call in the living room I have to laboriously press the tv volume all the way back up to the right level.

Oooh it's so close!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Being helpless and not being able to do a thing about it!! Dying for some thick Country Veg Soup with lots of Veg and some Lidl Bouchons. But I don't see myself leaving my Sick-bed. Being Sick trumps being hungry. It has also made me give thought to peeps Bed-ridden 24/7 or being Paralysed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Smothered with a cold and I can't take a long lunch break break today, so I have choose between going to the shop for lunch or to the chemist for 4flu/cough syrup.

Being helpless and not being able to do a thing about it!! Dying for some thick Country Veg Soup with lots of Veg and some Lidl Bouchons. But I don't see myself leaving my Sick-bed. Being Sick trumps being hungry. It has also made me give thought to peeps Bed-ridden 24/7 or being Paralysed.

Twin TA's - not knowing what Bouchons are, Googling them and now wanting some!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It has also made me give thought to peeps Bed-ridden 24/7 or being Paralysed.

I know what you mean... Imagine having an itch on your nose, or eyebrow, and not being able to scratch it or to ask anyone to scratch it for you. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still feeling horrible. Think I'm gonna need to look into going to a doctor, I don't think Boots own brand cold and flu tablets are gonna fix this :(

That the world is going to ****e:

Yeah I know, source material and all that. Sorry.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Still feeling horrible. Think I'm gonna need to look into going to a doctor, I don't think Boots own brand cold and flu tablets are gonna fix this :(

Go and get it sorted out. You'll be glad you did. :)

Strong contender...

Living with a pensioner. Has to have everything on full blast (radio, TV) and then tries to talk to me.

I've had a migraine most days lately....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Smothered with a cold and I can't take a long lunch break break today, so I have choose between going to the shop for lunch or to the chemist for 4flu/cough syrup.

Food, you need energy, you can go to the chemist after work.

TOXIC work environment.

Gosh N.H. yeah such easy simple things. As it happens I actually randomly watch a lot on YouTube about peeps after Car-Crashes and Brain Injuries and Rehab and recovery but yeah paralysis makes small little things impossible. Okay better move on from getting obsessed with this Topic now or will be thrown out!

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    TOXIC work environment.

I sometimes think we've a Harvey Two Face thing from Batman going on here!!! "I wrote that didn't I ?"

But no, different people - same type of work NG!

Nil carborandum etc!!!!

Nil carborandum etc!!!!

Had to google that one! Am trying! Thanks!

northgirl wrote: »
    Had to google that one! Am trying! Thanks!

My dad always says it lol!!!!!

Tried to register with the student medical practice to see if I can be seen by a GP, but I need my EHIC details to even register. Looks like I'll just have to wait till my new one comes and hope I don't get any worse :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

You could have a virus. I had one a few weeks ago. It was flu like symptoms for a week - headache, weakness, achy joints, nausea, some vomiting and lots of diarrhoea. I took paracetamol for pain, motilium for nausea and imodium for my arse. If it is a virus, there is nothing the doctor can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Tried to register with the student medical practice to see if I can be seen by a GP, but I need my EHIC details to even register. Looks like I'll just have to wait till my new one comes and hope I don't get any worse :rolleyes:

Google walk in clinics in London .They are less fussy and take your passport as ID

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Google walk in clinics in London .They are less fussy and take your passport as ID

I'm in Leeds, not London. Will see if I can stick it out for another day or so, maybe my EHIC will arrive by then

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    You could have a virus. I had one a few weeks ago. It was flu like symptoms for a week - headache, weakness, achy joints, nausea, some vomiting and lots of diarrhoea. I took paracetamol for pain, motilium for nausea and imodium for my arse. If it is a virus, there is nothing the doctor can do.

Possible, but I don't think it is. Feels more like a throat/chest infection and a bad headcold

I'm in Leeds, not London. Will see if I can stick it out for another day or so, maybe my EHIC will arrive by then
    In case you need it

http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk/stay-well/minor-injuries-units/

Walk-in Centre
    Shakespeare Medical Centre

1 Cromwell Mount
    Burmantofts, Leeds
    LS9 7ST

Telephone: 0113 295 1132
    Opening Times: 8am – 8pm every day (including all bank holidays).

The Shakespeare Medical Centre can provide health advice and treatments for a range of conditions. It also provides traditional GP services for registered patients, and people not registered with the GP practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

One of my colleagues just announced to the group at large that she has never read a book in her life other than for school.

That's not something to be proud of, love :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Good grief, do they exist?

Dial Hard wrote: »
    One of my colleagues just announced to the group at large that she has never read a book in her life other than for school.

Many moons ago, I had a colleague who prided herself on being "a girly girl".

We got on well, as you can imagine. Ahem.

We were once talking about favourite books and she giggled and said "oh you read books, how dull".

I've wanted to slap people more since but that time she was straight into number one with a bullet.

Wow , what a huge loss for her .Even my four year old granddaughter can loose herself in a book .She " reads " them to herself .

Wow , what a huge loss for her .Even my four year old granddaughter can loose herself in a book .She " reads " them to herself .

Good on her!!!!!!

My less than 2 year old nephew amused himself while sitting on the potty by 'reading' me a story. He has tons of books he can't read but loves 'reading' already.

I think if someone has never read a book it's because they were never given books, never read to, and never encouraged, but there's still no excuse for an adult to take pride in something like that.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    My less than 2 year old nephew amused himself while sitting on the potty by 'reading' me a story. He has tons of books he can't read but loves 'reading' already.

I think if someone has never read a book it's because they were never given books, never read to, and never encouraged, but there's still no excuse for an adult to take pride in something like that.

God Bless ya Enid Blyton is all I can say!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I need to read stuff for my assessment next week, the printer doesn't work after doing all the stuff I was told to, twice and I need to print off this stuff to read it, no Reads where I am. I have to waste time going back to dentist next week after being their last night and paying heavily for that, an adjustment that needs to be done asap and not cheap either, tired for no reason and have a toothache.

TATATATATATA why do these things happen together and cause my stress levels to skyrocket.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Candie wrote: »

Is he dropping a ‘big un’ ?

Thank you! My EHIC arrived at home today so I can take my pick of doctors now :p

Thank you! My EHIC arrived at home today so I can take my pick of doctors now :p

Good news . Get them to send you a picture of it .

• Advertisement

Good news . Get them to send you a picture of it .

That was the first thing I did :)

My Voice is gone. :o:mad::( Ballz Ballz Ballz. I'll have to raid the House in the morning for any un-finished Prescriptions lying around. Grrrrrrr please please please don't let me get a full-blown Chest Infection too. I need some of the good Drugs.

I sound like a Puppy learning how to bark and Paddy Cow's ar$e comment made me giggle and I momentarily forgot my Vocal Cords have stopped working. :rolleyes: Now me Back and Chest and Shoulders are killing me from trying to stretch me Larynx or whatever. So funny though was worth the giggle! You're so funny Paddy Cow! I love it! :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just saw someone refer to oil-free, dairy-free, baked, vegan "cheesy" potato wedges as "indulgent". Literally baked pieces of potato sprinkled with brewers yeast. Is this actually what's considered indulgent in 2018??? Stop the world, I want to get off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have previously shared my TA here at someone on FB that constantly overshared every aspect of her life from her engagement, through to her marriage, right up to building their "forever home" with her "hubby" (two phrases that TA me as well actually).

Well she's back now with a brand new spiel. She has recently become the first woman in history to give birth, judging by the frequency of her posts about her baby. I suppose she knows how to spell correctly and it isn't referred to as a "little angle".

But yeah it's incessant. I mean everyday. I can't wait to see the little tykes milestone moments. I see her even commenting on articles with no connection to motherhood, and she still manages to bring it into the conversation. Like one of my good friends and my cousin became parents for the first time more recently but have the common sense not to overshare everything, save an initial introductory picture when mammy and baby are home.

I should really unfriend this person, but I sort of enjoy the soap opera nature of it. She is psychotic. It's the same with some the Mammy pages I am on (looking for the odd bargain)- I ain't no mammy but it's gas looking at the pure thickness of some people.

Being sick has given me an intense desire to want to clean the house! This is bad because I'm sick and could curse the timing of my motivation striking. And I fear my motivation desires will win out over me being sick. And if I go Hammer & Tongs into cleaning, which is highly likely as I generally give all or nothing! - I don't want to end up worse off that I already am or fainting or something. Gahhhhhhh...

I am allowed to be dramatic because I'm sick.. :pac: That sharpness that occurs whenever ya cough, hurting and burning your insides making you realize you have a Chest Infection is up there with Toothache. :(

I am allowed to be dramatic because I'm sick.. :pac: That sharpness that occurs whenever ya cough, hurting and burning your insides making you realize you have a Chest Infection is up there with Toothache. :(

I am suffering the same fate as you right now, my voice is gone and all! :(

I had 3 fillings done yesterday. An hour in the chair. Chest infection still not gone. How I managed not to choke is beyond me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have not been on boards for a few weeks, and I have so many TAs to catch up on I am TA'd.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Found car keys...handed them into the shop outside who's door I found them...took pics and posted on local Facebook page... incl a hotel leisure club ID fob......
    First comment 'oh hand them into the hotel and they can scan the card "....no pet..I handed them in where I found them and the sodding hotel is a mile away....so feck off!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement