Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stoopid poxy Car Tax. And Insurance. :mad::mad:
    /thread

Thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Always glad to help trivially annoy! :o:D Stoopid cars eh.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have a bruise on my arm from where a child in my class pinched me. I'm not bothered about a bruise but I shouldn't have it. The same child kicked me, head butted me, slapped me and pulled my hair because he didn't want to do any work. Why aren't parents teaching their kids that they can't hit out at someone if they don't get their own way. It's drives me crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A few weeks ago we took one of the phone extensions out as it was breaking the line and we couldn't get any calls in.
    He really misses this extension as it was the only one in a private place, so he rang to have a new line/box type put in so he can use it again.

He's been hearing me give out about my deadline and how much of his holiday I have to miss:) cause I have to submit it online over the weekend for scanning and on Monday for grading.

Does anyone like to guess when he scheduled them to do the work on the phone line that supplies the broadband?:eek::eek::mad:

If I email my tutor looking for an extension as well as all the other questions I've sent, he's gonna think im stalking him.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    . The same child kicked me, head butted me, slapped me and pulled my hair .

Did you report it to the principal or keep some record of it? That's not on at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Was asked for a spare smoke today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have a bruise on my arm from where a child in my class pinched me. I'm not bothered about a bruise but I shouldn't have it. The same child kicked me, head butted me, slapped me and pulled my hair because he didn't want to do any work. Why aren't parents teaching their kids that they can't hit out at someone if they don't get their own way. It's drives me crazy.

Sounds like that child is badly in need of a psychologist, tantrums are one thing, but that's probably what he gets at home, too. :/:(

Is this the same child that told you to F off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Went full-on snots & tears at a video of a puppy being rescued from a flood earlier. I may have some kind of low-grade painkiller-induced mania.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Had to leave playground earlier coz of little scrotes. Little boy was really scared and freaked out.
    Feral kids with no respect or fear* of anything.

*or love or hope in life :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

You're going to have to do something about what you experience in your class because no teacher should have to tolerate that. As the others suggested, say it to the principal. Look after yourself as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Stoopid poxy Car Tax. And Insurance. :mad::mad:
    /thread

I forgot to pay my car tax so it went into arrears and it cost nearly 300 for three months. I was tortured.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

New Home wrote: »
    Sounds like that child is badly in need of a psychologist, tantrums are one thing, but that's probably what he gets at home, too. :/:(

or a funt up the hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Went full-on snots & tears at a video of a puppy being rescued from a flood earlier. I may have some kind of low-grade painkiller-induced mania.

When I'm hormonal I binge watch Hope for Paws videos and I indulge in snotty bawling for the heck of it. Maybe it's weird, but... yeah, it's probably weird, but it's gooood. I meant, sorry for your TA. :P

TA at the electrical buzzing everywhere in my house. Living room : some lights on a dimmer, if you don't switch them on right so, they buzz. In the bedroom, the extension lead, and worse, the extension lead usb outlet charging the phone is super high pitched.

I do switch everything off when I sleep, but dammit when I'm awake I need the electrical goodness all the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    I love (silent) keyboard cat :pac:

They'd make the perfect office companion for you so :pac: :3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TA that yet again it took me 2 weeks to remember to renew my library books. Think my accumulated bill is €25 next time I go in. It is high enough that the self service sends me to the desk now.

Renewal takes all of 20 seconds. :(

Which library?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

They'd make the perfect office companion for you so :pac: :3

Yeah, pretty much :pac:

Also though from time to time office companion who enjoys looking at funny youtube clips :D

Yeah, pretty much :pac:

Also though from time to time office companion who enjoys looking at funny youtube clips :D

I'm the man for the job so :eek:

I'm the man for the job so :eek:

Excellent!

Downside is toxic work environment but fcuk em!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

A colleague at work said she just finished watching the first season of Westworld. After talking to her about it for few moment, she said she never realized some of them were
    robots
    until just now.

I mean, how is that even possible?? I thinking "watching" is a new term for sitting on the couch on your phone with the TV on in the background.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

A colleague at work said she just finished watching the first season of Westworld. After talking to her about it for few moment, she said she never realized some of them were
    robots
    until just now.

I mean, how is that even possible?? I thinking "watching" is a new term for sitting on the couch on your phone with the TV on in the background.

How is that even possible not to know ??????

• Advertisement

All the sheeple down in the kitchen at lunchtime, talking utter nonsense.

Each one shouting louder than the next to be heard.

Morons.

Yes, I'm a loner :pac:

All the sheeple down in the kitchen at lunchtime, talking utter nonsense.

Each one shouting louder than the next to be heard.

Morons.

Yes, I'm a loner :pac:

Good on ya!

In the words of the poet Kelly Clarkson, "doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone".

Or as The Law of Plane Speeking puts it "F**K OFF AND LEAVE ME BE!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Post haircut itchy - can't wait to hit the shower and change my shirt

Seven Worlds will Collide

Ass clown boy racers in their supped up cars beeping their horn at us and shouting cheeky comments :mad: *cross face*

You must work with my friend. She got to Season 3 of Game of Thrones before she realised that Cersei and Jaime are brother and sister.* I refuse point blank to watch anything with her any more because she just sits there on her phone and it drives me utterly demented.

*Not a spoiler, before anyone complains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Did you report it to the principal or keep some record of it? That's not on at all.

New Home wrote:
    Sounds like that child is badly in need of a psychologist, tantrums are one thing, but that's probably what he gets at home, too. :/

New Home wrote:

You're going to have to do something about what you experience in your class because no teacher should have to tolerate that. As the others suggested, say it to the principal. Look after yourself as well.

Everyone knows, principal, other teachers and parents. Everyone is doing their best to help. I just have a very tough class this year. Different boy to the one with the language! I'm very fed up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GMAIL and their "new look" inbox - as of a few hours ago, you can't switch back to the old look any more. I HATE it when they change stuff without asking you.

Same with Google on my phone - it used to be just a plain search box, went to use it yesterday and it's some jumbled crazy 'assistant' #sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Non Euro transaction fee on the credit card, started about 2 months ago on me, why why, just more free money for them I suppose, working out about 2%, banks, tsk.

Anyone else paying it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Stalking a guy I used to date on Instagram when I accidentally "liked" his most recent post. Slight panic attack, then realised fcuk it, don't really give a damn if he knows I'm having a gawp :pac:

Stress induced panic attack due to work e-mails at 7pm relating to Union & HR meetings. FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who spell angel as angle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

branie2 wrote: »
    People who spell angel as angle

Especially when they spell it "Ah-N-G-L-E"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

People who overexaggerate

Must. resist!

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    GMAIL and their "new look" inbox - as of a few hours ago, you can't switch back to the old look any more. I HATE it when they change stuff without asking you.

Hate it too. Got some "we welcome your feedback" pop up shortly after the change, I slayed them. (been using it for work in ages, so it was brewing a while)

istock-warriorwoman-Bebojsa.jpg

Somewhat related, I spent about an hour trying to navigate through a maze of "help" guides in microsoft office/windows this afternoon, trying to change settings so my Word app comes up in English. For some reason, even though all my settings are clearly on English, Word is in French.

I use the English version at work so it really annoys me to have to switch back to French at home.

The only thing I could find set in French was a sync with contacts, so now I've a feeling I'll have to try and remove that, and that's a whole new ordeal. And how the hell can that effect my Word app ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

After a longer period of short hair cuts I let my hair grow again and I do have really pretty natural hair.
    Just one thing can't be unseen: My hair colour and shape with all the waves I look like a Cocker Spaniel. Not even in a funny way, the shadows would be exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Had a hankering for some dry roasted peanuts earlier and the other half kindly went out to get some.
    He returned with salted nuts.
    Wahhhhhhh.

LirW wrote: »
    After a longer period of short hair cuts I let my hair grow again and I do have really pretty natural hair.
    Just one thing can't be unseen: My hair colour and shape with all the waves I look like a Cocker Spaniel. Not even in a funny way, the shadows would be exactly the same.

Good girl.

:pac:

She's very... fetching, isn't she? :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Clubs that are so packed, no matter where you stand someone is hitting off you. I got so frustrated, I wanted to scream :mad:

Up since 4am with the pain in my shoulder. Haven't slept through the night since Friday. If someone could come over and chop off my entire left arm, that would be swell, thanks.

I thought today was Friday *cross face*

The fupping BRAT who refused to stand on the LUAS today for an elderly lady.

Clearly been in the country a wet weekend and has the f***king nerve to so "I have paid for my ticket and I wish to use the seat".

Gob****e,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is it jacket weather, is it light jacket weather, is it no jacket weather, is it heavy jacket weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

School dropoffs at my daughters' schools. Both schools are on the same campus and there is a set-down area outside the front of the school for dropping the kids off. At primary school drop-off time the cars go perpendicular to the kerb and there is space for several at once. Half an hour later, many of the secondary school parents use it like they're at the airport and go parallel to the kerb, or at a variety of angles so that the set down area is full with only a handful of cars using it. Annoying when you arrive and there's no room but there would be if people would just arrange themselves efficiently.

And on the subject of parking, a shout out to Lidl Wicklow, where some people have decided that even the disabled spaces aren't close enough to the building for their liking, and they park right beside the entrance, getting in the way of people walking in from their own properly-parked cars and creating an unnecessary hazard for those drivers then they reverse out. What kind of glass does someones arse need to be made of that they need to do this? (I'm guessing Waterford Crystal.)

The ongoing "Sure Lookit" epidemic. My OH claims to hate it too but I've heard her saying a couple of times recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Getting A DSAT In work due to being in bed when a user calls me at 1am from the us!!!!.

Saying my giveing the proper support!!.

Not my fault only one in my team in the world!!!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Up since 4am with the pain in my shoulder. Haven't slept through the night since Friday. If someone could come over and chop off my entire left arm, that would be swell, thanks.

How bout getting some daycent painkillers of the doc? :D

How bout getting some daycent painkillers of the doc? :D

:D :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement