Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

storker wrote: »
    School dropoffs at my daughters' schools. Both schools are on the same campus an there is a set-down area outside the front of the school for dropping the kids off. At primary school drop-off time the cars go perpendicular to the kerb and there is space for several at once. Half an hour later, many of the secondary school parents use it like they're at the airport and go parallel to the kerb, or at a variety of angles so that set down area is full with only a handful of cars using it. Annoying when you arrive and there's no room but there would be if people would just arrange themselves efficiently.

And on the subject of parking, a shout out to Lidl Wicklow, where some people have decided that even the disabled spaces aren't close enough to the building for their liking, and they park right beside the entrance, getting in the way of people walking in from their own properly-parked cars and creating an unnecessary hazard for those drivers then they reserve out. What kind of glass does someones arse need to be made of that they need to do this? (I'm guessing Waterford Crystal.)
    Or here where they like to double park on the main street....I don't care if you only popped in to get your greasy bag of chips...you didn't park..you stopped in the middle of the road and fu*ked off. But the Lidl here in Longford, have put up bollards around the entrance to stop these idiots from parking at the doors...because if they could they would drive into the store and park..the lazy sh!ts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

Danny_B wrote: »
    Or here where they like to double park on the main street....I don't care if you only popped in to get your greasy bag of chips...you didn't park..you stopped in the middle of the road and fu*ked off. But the Lidl here in Longford, have put up bollards around the entrance to stop these idiots from parking at the doors...because if they could they would drive into the store and park..the lazy sh!ts.

As my Dad said years ago about driving to mass: "Some people would drive down the aisle and park beside the pew if they could."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Patients ringing up to complain and thinking that threatening to ring their local TD is suddenly going to magic them up everything they need and I'll suddenly be able to eliminate all problems for them. TELL YOUR LOCAL TD PLEASE, THEY ARE WHO YOU SHOULD BE PUTTING PRESSURE ON. Calling me a stupid cunt under your breath will achieve NOTHING. I answer the phone, type letters, schedule appointments, I have no power or control over ANYTHING. Tell your local TD, put pressure on THEM, it's their job to change things. Please tell your local TD, tell all of them, tell every politician, tell them all. Please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

F**king moron that doesn't knock anytime he comes into the office.

He's actually so gross. Dislike him intensely. Can't quite believe he has a girlfriend. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

northgirl wrote: »
    F**king moron that doesn't knock anytime he comes into the office.

He's actually so gross. Dislike him intensely. Can't quite believe he has a girlfriend. :confused:

Yes but there a sex robots now you can customise so it is entirely plausible.

erica74 wrote: »
    Patients ringing up to complain and thinking that threatening to ring their local TD is suddenly going to magic them up everything they need and I'll suddenly be able to eliminate all problems for them. TELL YOUR LOCAL TD PLEASE, THEY ARE WHO YOU SHOULD BE PUTTING PRESSURE ON. Calling me a stupid cunt under your breath will achieve NOTHING. I answer the phone, type letters, schedule appointments, I have no power or control over ANYTHING. Tell your local TD, put pressure on THEM, it's their job to change things. Please tell your local TD, tell all of them, tell every politician, tell them all. Please.

Ah the joys of dealing with the public!! My Top 3 thus far:
    "My father is in petrol and could have your job and your pension"

Well he should get out, he might drown!!!
    "If you were in my country you would not dare speak to me let alone defy me"

This because I refused to breach data protection laws for a parent!
    "Woman you are beneath me, get me a gentleman to talk to".

Boss is a woman as is her boss, other boss agreed to talk to him and bollocked him to perfection in front of everyone ending up shouting "in Ireland we respect everyone, do that or leave!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

Ah the joys of dealing with the public!! My Top 3 thus far:

Well he should get out, he might drown!!!

This because I refused to breach data protection laws for a parent!

Boss is a woman as is her boss, other boss agreed to talk to him and bollocked him to perfection in front of everyone ending up shouting "in Ireland we respect everyone, do that or leave!"

Bloody hell, what job do you do that you have to deal with such jerks?

storker wrote: »
    Bloody hell, what job do you do that you have to deal with such jerks?

A College with 60% + Middle Eastern (ergo loaded) students and helicopter parents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

How bout getting some daycent painkillers of the doc? :D

Having already offloaded €120 on physio this week and €55 on (unrelated) blood tests last week, I can't afford another €55 to see the doc, unfortunately.

A friend thinks she has a few tramadol at home, she's checking for me. I just want a decent night's sleep :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Two things are bothering me so far today.

One: pay as you go laundry facilities. Torn between buying more clothes (which costs money) and washing and drying the ones I have (which also cost money). £2.25 for a wash and £1.50 to dry them really starts to add up after a while :rolleyes:

Two: My head is so blocked up today, it's making it hard to concentrate on things. I'm trying to do a reading for uni next week and I've read the same sentence about 5 times so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Had to delete some posts as there was some medical advice given.

Remember to always seek advice from a qualified medical practitioner before taking any medication. And not from a thread full of trivially annoyed people.

Remember to always seek advice from a qualified medical practitioner before taking any medication. And not from a thread full of trivially annoyed people.

Sorry, my bad!

It is good medication though but definitely only under the GPs supervision!!!!

Or the very handsome surgeon they sent me too, miaaiiiooowwww!!!!

Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

My name is part of the towns name.. Everyone in the town can spell the towns name correctly, but still manage to spell mine wrong!!

I sign off on emails and my name in their reply is wrong :(

I filled out a form for braces, got my braces with name on the box/emails printed wrong

My computer user name is wrong!!

Im thinking about changing my name??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Up since 4am with the pain in my shoulder. Haven't slept through the night since Friday. If someone could come over and chop off my entire left arm, that would be swell, thanks.

My rant... I haven't had an arm to chop off in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Those home or abroad programmes, oh my God. I only end up watching as my mother watches them constantly. The way they stand at the end spinning the card with the flag on either side makes me want to punch the screen. Am I meant to be dying with suspense? I couldn't give a flying sh1te if you stay in England or go to Australia. I am so cranky today, aaaaargh!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

13 euro charges from coinstar *cross face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

just ate

still hungry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

13 euro charges from coinstar *cross face*

That's daylight robbery ! have never used these machines, we pile the coins up, get the kids to do the sorting, and Mr M goes to the bank with them. Don't think there's a charge at the bank ?

Rubberlegs, for you, and inspirational poster :

https://inspirationalquotess.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/bad-inspirational-quotes-awesome-20-worst-motivational-posters-of-bad-inspirational-quotes-500x330.jpg

TA I thought the day was over and I could relax, and then I remembered the young fellow has something I've to taxi him to/from and I won't be home until 9.20pm. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's daylight robbery ! have never used these machines, we pile the coins up, get the kids to do the sorting, and Mr M goes to the bank with them. Don't think there's a charge at the bank ?

Rubberlegs, for you, and inspirational poster :

https://inspirationalquotess.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/bad-inspirational-quotes-awesome-20-worst-motivational-posters-of-bad-inspirational-quotes-500x330.jpg

TA I thought the day was over and I could relax, and then I remembered the young fellow has something I've to taxi him to/from and I won't be home until 9.20pm. :(

You have to put into the bags though do you? I'm too lazy for that :o

• Advertisement

You have to put into the bags though do you? I'm too lazy for that :o

yeah... the young fellow loves doing that. The perks of having an Asperger kid, he loves sorting things ! :D

yeah... the young fellow loves doing that. The perks of having an Asperger kid, he loves sorting things ! :D

You should get him to sort the washing while you're at it :D

You should get him to sort the washing while you're at it :D

I do sometimes ! matching socks, I hate it, he loves it, everyone's happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Rory McElroys face

A spider crawling up my face........and I was wondering why it was so ticklish :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A spider crawling up my face........and I was wondering why it was so ticklish :o

You would hear me scream in cork

Autosport wrote: »

I would fcuking DIE!

I don't have a coin jar.. :confused:

I would fcuking DIE!

This was me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Binge watching a TV series in the least amount of sittings possible.

It's not that it particularly annoys me, it's more that I just don't get it or see the appeal in doing so.

Tried a few times before and noticed it left me feeling more empty than fulfilled.

Nowadays I tend to watch much more at ease.
    Rarely more than one episode at a time, and often with days in between.

All good things in moderation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had a fight with one dangly bastard last night. He came in the kitchen window so I tried to throw him in the sink to drown him but he clung to a glass. I got the glass and attempted to throw him out the window but he crawled back super fast and clung to the sill. I tried dousing him with water but he came back like Die Hard with a vengeance back in again until I just fcked glass after glass of water at him and closed the window. Phew! He was a fast mover too and was all over my plates and stuff :(

I had a fight with one dangly bastard last night. He came in the kitchen window so I tried to throw him in the sink to drown him but he clung to a glass. I got the glass and attempted to throw him out the window but he crawled back super fast and clung to the sill. I tried dousing him with water but he came back like Die Hard with a vengeance back in again until I just fcked glass after glass of water at him and closed the window. Phew! He was a fast mover too and was all over my plates and stuff :(

At that stage I'd be dead

She died from her phobia :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

At that stage I'd be dead

She died from her phobia :(

The heebie jeebies were strong. I could feel the spider all over me for hours. It had really long longs and a small body-one of the worst ones.

The heebie jeebies were strong. I could feel the spider all over me for hours. It had really long longs and a small body-one of the worst ones.

Ah jaysus girl you're killin me here :P

I'm all about being an independent woman

But I need someone to kill spiders for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I don't have a coin jar.. :confused:

I have a coin bucket.....2 in fact :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Coin buckets: the new road frontage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The Dr. didn't really believe me that I was sick yesterday. :mad: Full-scale Headcold is pretty-much gone after the first couple of days aside from sporadic sniffles now and again but will live with that. (Thing is if I went in to see Doc when when Headcold was bad before other additional Ailments started to show, the Doctor would just say ah it's only a Cold, everyone gets it, go home and stay warm yadda yadda etc.) Sore Throat same thing comes and goes. Of course it's nowhere to be seen when yer plonked inside in the feicing Doctor's Office but as soon as ya leave there, it's like a lil Devil on your Shoulder hehehe let's make it difficult for you to swallow now again! :rolleyes:

The main thing of concern that I'd be worried about is Chest Infection. Used to get very Bad Chest Infectons in the past and then one year a Doctor gave me Steroids or some feicing magic Tabs lol that made everything disappear and any Cold-thingy I ever got after that, was just minor and mild and low-level. Low-level yes maybe not full-scale but easy to see it's brewing, I can't breathe, Chest is tight, and I sound like I have Baby Croup.

Yet Doctor is reluctant to give out the good Meds and seems to think I'm okay and come back if the Coughing is bad. :W.T.A.F. like?!? Do they want me to record when the Coughing is bad when I'm lying in bed awake with it at night lol and send in the feicing Footage to them?!? How bizarre and ridiculous is that if that's what the Country has come to!! Luckily I have some half-decent Meds from before that I didn't finish and I think those are somewhat working. I'd love to have walked out of the room telling the Doctor not to worry their pretty little head, 'cos I've just gone and ordered a Truck-load of Anti-Biotics from China or some far-flung place!

I can only imagine the look of sheer horror and terror on their face! The shock in case any big Scandal broke out and they were at the helm... All's they had to do was give me one feicing Prescription and not be so goody-goody down to the letter of the law! If I've a sharp stinging burning cough I think I know my own body. You can't tell what I can feel so ya can't! If I tell ya, credit me with some sense! I know my body! I wonder actually, do Doctors get Commission if they don't give out a lot of Prescriptions. Jaysus that was some Rant!! :o

Made a Hair Appointment thinking Thursday was actually Friday! Morto! The lady that does my hair must think I'm not with it at all! But I'm not! Some of the time! She knows what I mean anyway and as it panned out the days didn't matter so that was okay.

I got a new Message on POF. Yayyyyyyyy! From Markus....
    Booooooooo! :-(

Also, I've mis-placed my fracking Inhaler. Big ggrrrrrrrrrr for that one. It's sitting my Bedside Locker for the other 51 weeks in the year not a bother on it. Realized yesterday it's not in its' usual place. And I may feicing need the thing this week. :rolleyes: So freaking annoying.

You'd hear me scream on Pluto!!!!!

Multilegged scary little feckers they are!!!!!

Chewbacca wrote: »
    Rory McElroys face

Can't stand that muppet!

Be careful I don't want to alarm you but............he might actually be a she and she might have left her egg sack on those plates :-O

:pac:

• Advertisement

Can't stand that muppet!

Be careful I don't want to alarm you but............he might actually be a she and she might have left her egg sack on those plates :-O

:pac:

Why?????

Just why ????????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Why?????

Just why ????????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

lol.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's a fairly large fuel tank in my car so when it goes low filling it up is a sizeable bill. I could top it up earlier but petrol stations cause multi TAs in themselves. (You know like blocking the forecourt while apparently doing the weekly shop/reading magazines/telling their life story to an ATM etc.)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Came into the office for a few hours today to show my face after working from home the past two days cause of my shoulder. Forgot my laptop.

The really disruptive woman that works with us is on her way in for a 3rd day on the trot. She's only supposed to be in once a week. She hasn't even arrived and it's put me in bad form. Completely oblivious to the impact she has on those around her. :mad:

I had plans to work at home this morning, but when I went to take medication last night I discovered that the prescription I had collected earlier in the week was in fact someone else's (same name).

So. TA I had to go into town to get the right prescription.

Ended up picking up other bits I needed of course, and now the day is gone and I don't feel like doing homework anymore. Huh !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA#1: People using mobile phones. Why do they insist on holding the phone perpendicular to their mouth to speak into it? Put it up to your ear, you look like a twat holding it like that.

TA#2: Both myself and my husband are down with a cold. Not a full blown cold, but that ****ty half way one that makes you sneezy with a scratchy throat that doesn't properly develop and just hangs around for ages.

TA#3: Kitty is not well at all. Been vomiting every morning for the past month so we took her to the vet yesterday. Bloods came back normal so she's put her on a special diet food for sensitive stomachs. Gave her an anti-nausea shot which 100% did not work as the poor thing had vomiting and diarrhoea last night and is very obviously uncomfortable today. I feel so sorry for the poor girl but we don't know what to do to comfort her. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Why are toasters always too small for the average slice of bread? 75% of the slice gets toasted, but the rest is luke warm, slightly damp-feeling bread. Can't turn the slice around and put it in again upside down or you'll burn the middle part of the bread.

Every goddam toaster I've ever bought has been the same.

And I will not buy that bread that is square cos I like my slices to be the proper size.

Have only recently started a job and usually cycle to work. Have had to get the DART a few times, and WTF is up with the number of people who refuse to sit in the window seats? Have people regressed socially to the point that they don't want to have to say "excuse me" when getting up?

It's a pain in the hole trying to get into the corner seat from a standing position, while holding a bag etc, especially if the train is taking off. Just move in, you sh1tebag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TA#1: People using mobile phones. Why do they insist on holding the phone perpendicular to their mouth to speak into it? Put it up to your ear, you look like a twat holding it like that.
    I use speaker when I'm at home. I use it at my ear when in public. My TA is that when I use my ear, it puts the phone on mute :rolleyes: So I hit the keypad to avoid mute but then my ear keeps hitting numbers and making ping noises. I try holding the phone away from my ear a bit but then I can't hear the person/they can't hear me properly. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I use speaker when I'm at home. I use it at my ear when in public. My TA is that when I use my ear, it puts the phone on mute :rolleyes: So I hit the keypad to avoid mute but then my ear keeps hitting numbers and making ping noises. I try holding the phone away from my ear a bit but then I can't hear the person/they can't hear me properly. Ugh. That's where button phones had the edge on smartphones :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement